IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

50 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Why did he even have their endorsements in the first place?  This is a racist fuck wad who made quite clear segregation is nifty, LGBT folks should be jailed and would put the Bible above the Constitution. So too little too late boys.  

I think, if he is elected, he should be brought up on perjury charges the moment he takes the oath of office.  In the oath one swears to uphold the CONSTITUTION of the United States not the Bible. If he won't put the Constitution first then he is uttering a lie under oath.

Maybe we should all contact our Senators to charge him. 

Every little bit counts
Though it may not count for much
Could be long forgotten
By the time you add 'em up

Could be too little too late, sorry
Too little too late for me
Too little too late, sorry
Too little too late for me

-James McMurtry: Every Little Bit Counts-

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good one from Dana Milbank: "Roy Moore and Republicans, taking the Bible literally but not seriously"

Spoiler

So President Trump, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and fellow Republicans think Roy Moore, the GOP Senate nominee from Alabama, should quit his Senate run only “if these allegations are true.”

If true? Four women, on the record in The Post, say Moore, when he was in his 30s, tried to date them as teens, and one of the women says he had sexual contact with her when she was 14 and he was 32. Perhaps Republicans expect video and DNA evidence from 1979 magically to emerge, or a confession by Moore? (He denies the allegations.) More likely they are just dodging so that they can stick with Moore and keep the seat Republican — even if it means having an alleged pedophile join their caucus.

By comparison, there was more integrity in the defense of Moore offered by Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler, who told the Washington Examiner that, even if true, “there’s just nothing immoral or illegal here.” Indeed there’s biblical precedent for Moore’s alleged behavior.

“Take Joseph and Mary,” Zeigler said. “Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat!

Let us take seriously Zeigler’s justification, which is consistent with Moore’s view that “God’s laws are always superior to man’s laws,” and the Bible stands above the Constitution and other piddling laws of man. It is true that the Bible does not say “thou shalt not strip to thine tighty whities and kiss a 14-year-old and touch her through her bra and underpants.” The Bible also does not specifically prohibit colluding with the Russians, accepting emoluments, money laundering or conspiracy against the United States. So Moore, and for that matter President Trump and his administration, has nothing to worry about.

But if we are to accept the Bible literally as the legal standard (and not, say, age-of-consent laws), we will also have to accept as legal certain other activities in 21st-century America, including:

Sacrificing as a burnt offering your young son (Genesis 22:2) or your daughter, if she comes out of the doors of your house to meet you (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5).

Having rebellious children stoned to death by all the men of the city (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

Purchasing slaves (Leviticus 25:44-46), selling your daughter as a slave (Exodus 21:7-8) and making sure they submit to their masters, even cruel ones (1 Peter 2:18).

Executing pagan priests on their own altars and burning their bones (2 Kings 23:20-25).

Cutting off the hand of a woman if she grabs the penis of a man who is fighting with her husband (Deuteronomy 25:11-12).

Committing incest (Genesis 19:31-36) and cannibalism (2 Kings 6:28-29).

And having the military do all sorts of things to the enemy that would violate the Geneva accords:

Kill all boys and women but spare the girls who have not known man intimately for yourself (Numbers 31:17-18).

Destroy all that they have, killing man, woman, child, infant, ox, sheep, camel and donkey (1 Samuel 15:3).

If we are going to take biblical law as the literal legal standard, we’re also going to have to ban some staples of modern life:

Non-submissive women (Ephesians 5:22).

Cheeseburgers (Exodus 23:19), shrimp po’ boys (Leviticus 11:12) and ham sandwiches (Leviticus 11:4).

Blended fabrics (Leviticus 19:19), rounded haircuts (Leviticus 19:27), tattoos (Leviticus 19:28), rude jokes (Ephesians 5:4), divorce (Luke 16:18) and using automobiles or electricity on Sabbath (Exodus 35:3).

Additionally, women will not be allowed to teach in houses of worship (1 Timothy 2:12), men will not be allowed in at all if their genitals have been injured (Deuteronomy 23:1), and blind people, dwarves and the lame will not be allowed at the altar (Leviticus 21:17-23).

I intend no disrespect to the Good Book — just pointing out a flaw in Zeigler’s and Moore’s selective application of it as a legal code. You don’t have to be under shariah law (which, Moore has said, is in force in parts of Illinois and Indiana) to recognize that using the Bible as a literal source of law poses some challenges.

In this case, Moore’s long-ago behavior will never be adjudicated in a court of law. Yet even Zeigler, in offering his biblical defense, appeared to acknowledge truth at the core of it: Moore getting romantically involved with teens when he was in his 30s.

There’s no allegation of sexual intercourse, he said, and “Roy Moore fell in love with one of the younger women.” That would be his wife, Kayla, who Zeigler says is 14 years his junior and whom he was dating around that time.

You don’t need a judge and jury, Republicans, to determine that there was something icky going on or that there is something dangerous in having as a senator a man who places God’s law over man’s — and then interprets God’s laws to suit himself.

There's an even weirder interview right now on CNN with Trenton Garmon, who knows Roy Moore. He called Don Lemon, "Don Lemon squeezy keep it easy" and is saying both that the woman who was 14 is making it all up and that she was actually 17 at the time.

Stupid question here:  why is the election being held in December?  Why didn't Alabamans vote for a new senator last week, when they were already voting for other offices?

Possible Sexual Abuse Trigger Alert

This whole event has really triggered me in a year where I have felt triggered since Donald Trump's election.  I have debated writing about this and I suspect what helps me to talk about it is that I know there are others on here who have experienced something similar.  

I was molested by a Catholic teaching Brother, probably the most popular teacher at the school, for two years.  I have for years tried to come to terms with this and some years are better than others.

For the next 35 years I thought about it off and on but never told anyone. I did tell several therapists I saw for depression and anxiety that I felt like I had been molested but I had no idea who did it.  As weird as it sounds, I didn't even consider him.

Fast forward to a front page article in our local paper about a lawsuit being filed by a woman who was accusing this Brother of having molested her.  I was shocked out of my denial to some degree.  Several weeks went by before I called her attorney to tell him the same thing had happened to me.  I was asked if this had affected me but I denied it...I just wanted to give her my support.  

Then, maybe a year later, everything blew up in my face.   I was taking care of my mother who had Alzheimer's Disease and she loved to watch EWTN(Eternal Word Television Network).  I'd heard the network announce that later that evening they were going to review the Church's Report on Sexual Abuse by Catholic Priests.  Normally I turned off EWTN as soon as mom went to bed but this evening something made me want to watch this.

To make a long story short, I fell apart.  Truly, I lost it.  I can remember my brain screaming, "What about the Victims, What about the victims!!".  It was the first time I ever, in 45 years, thought I was the victim of this man's abuse.  Prior to that I buried it or blamed myself because that is what I was taught to do.  I thought it was all my fault(I remember not long after the abuse stopped I went to a Dominican Priest to talk about it as he knew this brother and was friends with him.  I know that I desperately wanted him to say that this wasn't my fault, maybe even that he would let the school know about it.  All I can remember is just before I left he wanted to know if I wanted him to hear my confession.  I think I only said yes because I was so ashamed).

I went kind of crazy for the next few years.  I filed a lawsuit using the same attorney the first woman used that entailed an exceedingly demeaning deposition where I was accused of bringing this on myself.  It was unbearable, I was deeply depressed and considering suicide. After the deposition our archdiocese filed for bankruptcy and  came to a halt.  Fortunately for me, the attorney for the Brother (who was also there at my deposition) decided that the Brother's Orders' insurance would pay me a settlement.  I think that saved my life.   The Catholic Church, in addition to blaming me, ensured I would get nothing because they had filed bankruptcy.  By the time my lawsuit was filed(there were many before mine that included priests) the bishop was no longer appologizing to anyone for what had happened to them.  I guess he ran out of energy?  Empathy?  Or, he was told to quit doing that because it made the Catholic Church look guilty.  

Two things I will never, ever forget.  First is my attorney telling me early on that I would never receive that same settlements the boy's who were molested, received.  He said the act of a man molesting a girl is not considered by juries as unnatural an act as is men molesting boys.  Secondly, going to a hearing for several men who had filed lawsuits, to show my support.  I can remember looking around at all these men and a few women and thinking, "Are they all victims too"?  I'm certain they were.  The judge had been handed a stack of what I knew to be different lawsuits and questioned why two of them were missing.  The attorney for the church told the judge that cases had been, "withdrawn".  The truth is that both of these men had committed suicide since filing their lawsuits.  I hated the Catholic Church more that day than I ever hated them, before or since.

There is no way I think the woman who is accusing Roy Moore is making it up.  The pain you go through reliving the event is horrific.  It's worse than covering it up.  She is being belittled, laughed at, called a liar, shamed and demeaned by those who do not believe her or think she has ulterior motives.  Her life will never be the same.  I applaud her incredible courage in telling her story in such a public way.  The feelings I have towards her detractors are unspeakable other than to say I hope they all burn in hell for their meanness and their protection of a predator.  They can go fuck themselves.

@Carol Thank you so much for sharing this (as well as a TW from someone else who has experienced a sexual assault). I hope you're doing better and I'm glad that there was some type of conclusion. I feel and agree with you 110%, since orange fuck face and the many males that have since come out of the woodworks in regards sexual assault it has stressed me out greatly. I honestly thought after it comes to light during a therapy session in my freshman year of college (which another year later really helped me greatly) hearing so many female (as well as males stories) have made me absolutely sick but also thankful just because I finally felt like I wasn't alone. It kills me that so many people question it when it is just so hard all ready to come out with your story. For years I kept it to myself for so long that I thought I made it up till certain events with the opposite sex caused me to react "not normal" which finally made me realize.You are definitely not alone. and I commend your strength for taking this to court.

I will be surprised if this does enough damage to Roy Moore to force him to pull out of the race or cause him to lose the election. We're fully beyond the looking glass when it comes to politics, and Alabama voters now have the convienent "fake news" excuse to fall back on.

However in other awful Roy Moore connected news....

Pizzagate King Jack Prilosec Doxes Roy Moore's Accuser on Twitter. Twitter Does Nothing. 

They did however suspend Rose McGowan when she tweeted out a phone number while talking about the abuse she has suffered. 

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Here is the bizarre interview with the lawyer for Moore's foundation.

Hide contents

I watched this real time and kept yelling at Don to just cut off this crazy guy and go to another segment.  I don't know how any of the reporters/journalists handle this kind of stuff.  The second time he started in on the same thing I would have lost my shit and just cut him off to go to a commercial.

I guess letting him ramble on shows his true colors, but ugh

There's an interesting twitter thread here that discusses how ATI and IBLP embrace relationships between older men and young teen girls. She names a lot of the people we discuss on FJ.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

There's an interesting twitter thread here that discusses how ATI and IBLP embrace relationships between older men and young teen girls. She names a lot of the people we discuss on FJ.

She wrote this op-ed on it for the LA Times. 

She especially mentions the loathsome story of Matthew & Maranatha Chapman. Here's a good FJ thread and a follow-up.

19 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

You guys forgot the Mary, Joseph and Jesus argument. Prepare yourself for this article. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-alabama-roy-moore-response-jesus-mary-joseph-20171109-story.html

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus," Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. "There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."

Well, if we are going to get all Biblical here, silly Mr Ziegler:  Mary's age isn't mentioned in the Bible and neither is Joseph's.  More importantly, Joseph wasn't the parent of Jesus.  He was the Son of God! ;)

21 hours ago, fraurosena said:

(BTW, the youngest age of consent in any of the states is 16, and in some states even 17 or 18)

Yes and no.  While the age of consent is 16 and over, in New Hampshire (and a few other states) girls and boys can be married at 13 and 14 respectively with parental consent.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States

Confusing.  You bet.

47 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

She especially mentions the loathsome story of Matthew & Maranatha Chapman.

She got Vaughn Ohlman's cancelled conference too.  Great Op Ed.

I'd be rightfully banned from FJ if I wrote what I thinking about Ed Henry right now. cussingblack.gif

God I hope not, cos I’m about to!
What a horrible fucking asshole. Actually, assholes are useful, so lets go with a boil on someone’s ass. I read that story and honest to god thought I had misread it, because there’s no way that someone could be so terrible. Alas. I was wrong.

That would be THE repulsive Bill Gothard who focused on selecting very young women with crunchy curls to "counsel" on details of their intimate lives,  play footsie, hug inappropriately in their night gowns and more, well into old age. 

I wanted to share a  comment left on another forum with an article about Roy Moore.  The commenter noted that there are many Republicans who are happy to leave Roy Moore twisting in the wind because he's a wing-nut whack job and would most certainly be a loose cannon on deck in the Senate.  If there's anything the Republican's don't need right now, it's another damn loose cannon rolling around in the Senate.  

Well, the bots are out defending Moore. The Russians are still at it, shit-stirring in American politics. No surprise there, but it's disturbing nonetheless. :my_confused:

Of course: "Roy Moore: Alabama voters will ‘see through this charade’ of sexual misconduct claims"

Spoiler

VESTAVIA HILLS, Ala. — GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore spoke defiantly Saturday morning at a political gathering in Alabama that allegations against him amounted to “fake news” perpetrated by The Washington Post and political opponents engaged “in a desperate attempt to stop my campaign.”

The Post reported earlier this week that four women said Moore had pursued sexual or romantic relations with them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s.

“These campaign attacks are false and completely untrue,” Moore told an audience of more than a hundred supporters, who gave Moore several standing ovations during his speech at the Veterans Day breakfast.

“More than being completely untrue, they are deeply hurtful to me personally.” He talked about his marriage, four children and five granddaughters. “I have the highest regard for the protection of young children,” he said.

“To be attacked on allegations for sexual misconduct contradicts my entire career in law. I want to make it clear: . . . I have not been guilty of sexual misconduct with anyone. These allegations occur 4½ weeks before the election. Why now?”

Moore said he has been investigated more “than any other person in this country. To think that grown women would wait 40 years to come forward right before an election is absolutely unbelievable,” he said to a smattering of applause from the audience.

He said that details would emerge soon about the claims against him. “We expect the citizens of Alabama to see through this charade,” he said.

Moore arrived the event Saturday morning with his wife, Kayla, amid boos from about a dozen protesters gathered outside, including some chanting “No Moore.” The former Alabama chief justice refused to answer questions as he walked inside.

“I was horrified,” Lisa Wienhold, 56, who was protesting outside, said of the allegations. “I never liked Roy Moore that much, but when I heard about that, I was beyond horrified. . . . There are a lot of smart people who have been on the other side for whom maybe this will be the final straw.”

“I’m not surprised,” said Lisa Sharlach, 49. “It’s usually the people who are screaming God and Jesus that are the ones with skeletons in the closet.”

Half a dozen Moore supporters acknowledged Leigh Corfman, who said she was 14 when Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her, might have been telling the truth. But ultimately, they said, they do not believe her and are standing confidently by Moore.

“From what I’ve read, it seems like this 14-year-old girl who is now 50-something has a somewhat checkered past,” said Johnny Creel, 56, an insurance broker wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat.

“You have to judge a story like that on the credibility of the accuser. ... I don’t think it happened.”

Willie A. Casey, one of the few African Americans at the event, said the story is the “hottest thing going in Birmingham,” especially in the black community. But he said the allegations have not changed his position.

“I believe in his biblical principles,” said Casey, 70, comparing the United States to “Sodom and Gomorrah.” “I think in America, we’ve gone so far out of the Bible, someone needs to bring it back.”

Moore’s comments at his first public speaking engagement since The Post report followed a radio interview with Sean Hannity on Friday in which he addressed the charges of sexual misconduct. “These allegations are completely false and misleading,” Moore told Hannity. He specifically denied the Post report that he had a sexual encounter with Corfman in 1979. However, in the interview Friday, Moore did not rule out that he may have dated girls in their late teens when he was in his early 30s.

Some Republican women who attended the event Saturday said further allegations against Moore could change their feeling about him.

But on the whole, they continue to back “the judge,” they said.

“How come it has taken 40 years for this to come out?” asked Julie Palmer as she sat down inside the library. “Why after all these years?”

Ann Eubank, who helps lead a conservative group called Alabama Legislative Watchdogs, said The Post was part of a political conspiracy against Moore.

“Y’all chose the month before to bring a hit piece thinking you could influence how Alabamians vote. And that’s what makes Alabamians mad. Don’t come down here and tell us how to vote,” she said.

Corfman has said she thought of confronting Moore for years, and almost shared her story during his first campaign for state Supreme Court in 2000 before deciding against it. She worried about how it would affect her children, who were still in school at the time and was concerned that her background — three divorces and a messy financial history — could undermine her credibility.

Moore, who won the Republican nomination touting his belief in the supremacy of a Christian God over the Constitution, has invoked a defiant tone.

His breakfast remarks occurred as a growing number of national party leaders called for Moore to leave the race before the Dec. 12 election. Two former GOP presidential candidates, Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and Mitt Romney, called for Moore to step down immediately, while Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and Vice President Pence said Moore should step aside if the allegations prove true. On Friday, the National Republican Senatorial Committee pulled out of a joint fundraising committee with Moore, depriving him of a key pathway to securing campaign dollars.

Yet Saturday morning his campaign sent out its own appeal of support for Moore, who vowed he will not give up.

“The Obama-Clinton Machine’s liberal media lapdogs just launched the most vicious and nasty round of attacks against me I’ve EVER faced,” he wrote in a fundraising appeal sent by the campaign under the name of his wife.

“Sometimes I grow tired and weary from the strain of moving directly from slugging it out with the GOP establishment to fighting off the powerful Obama-Clinton Machine’s constant stream of nasty and vicious attacks,” he wrote. “But our nation is at a crossroads right now — both spiritually and politically. . .rest assured I will NEVER GIVE UP the fight!” he wrote.

Republicans have been calling on Moore to drop out of the race even though the GOP wouldn’t be able to get another candidate on the ballot to run against Democrat Doug Jones, who was running a tight race against Moore even before the allegations surfaced.

Moore’s defenders in Alabama and elsewhere have been outspoken in his defense, questioning the Post report and asking why women would remain silent for decades before emerging to tell their stories weeks before the special election to fill the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Stephen K. Bannon, the former adviser to President Trump who backed Moore in his recent primary against Sen. Luther Strange (Ala.), blamed the press, which he described in a speech Thursday night “as the opposition party. It is purely part of the apparatus of the Democratic Party.”

President Trump, traveling in Asia, has not spoken in depth about the allegations against Moore. But his press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said: “Like most Americans, the president believes we cannot allow a mere allegation, in this case one from many years ago, to destroy a person’s life. However, the president also believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside.”

I agree with Lisa Scharlach, who is quoted in the article.

People here in Alabama*: You are the most evil, hateful, hypocritical I know. I hope you and our politicians burn in the firey pits of Hell! You have taken a beautiful state and turned it into a bastion of hate and ignorance. Fuck you, you stupid, ass backwards pieces of shit. You're vile and disgusting.

*Obvious exceptions of course.

I thought this was an interesting opinion piece: 'Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story'

Spoiler

A mere allegation. If true.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, she who has encountered no argument too weak to embrace, had this to say about allegations that Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore molested a 14-year-old girl: “Like most Americans, the president believes we cannot allow a mere allegation, in this case one from many years ago, to destroy a person’s life. However, the president also believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside.”

So many things to unpack in these 46 words. Let’s start with the elephant in the quote, the uncomfortable fact that President Trump was himself the target of such years-old “mere” allegations, more than a dozen, from women who claimed he sexually assaulted them. These were, as then-candidate Trump assured us — and as Sanders, ever willing, reasserted just last month — all “horrible liars,” who would be duly sued after the election. Still waiting, Mr. President.

Trump’s conveniently flexible standard on accusations — and he is not alone — boils down to: If the accuser points a finger at a Democrat — Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein — her word is to be trusted, automatically. If she complains about a Republican, Trump’s otherwise dormant devotion to due process kicks in. How can claims from “many years ago” be allowed to “destroy a person’s life”?

Some answers: Because they are entirely credible. Because the girl, now a woman, has no conceivable ax to grind — she is a longtime Republican, a Trump voter even — and nothing to gain from coming forward. Because three other women related similar, although less disturbing stories, underscoring Moore’s interest in younger girls.

Because the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it. (Thank you, Mitt Romney, for saying that.) The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

Unless, that is, you are a politician dealing with a story you wish would go away. Then you turn instinctively to if-then-ism. “If these allegations are true . . .” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), leading — or not — his prove-it caucus. Disappointingly, among them were women senators who ought to know better. “If it’s true . . .” said Alaska’s Lisa Murkowski. “If the allegations . . .” said West Virginia’s Shelley Moore Capito. “If there is any truth at all to these horrific allegations . . .” said Maine’s Susan Collins. Seriously, have you read this article? How can you think about serving alongside this man?

The correct response came from Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who — without hedging — termed the allegations “deeply disturbing and disqualifying” and called on Moore to withdraw.

If-then-ism is the rhetorical cousin of what-about-ism, a bid to deflect attention by questioning whether those complaining about “x” were equally inflamed by “y,” when “y” involved someone on their side. If-then-ism represents a similar effort to avoid casting a politically inconvenient judgment.

It is better, sure, than the jaw-dropping alternative: so-what-ism, remarkably flagrant among Alabamians in response to the Moore report. “Much ado about nothing,” State Auditor Jim Zeigler told the Washington Examiner. Joseph did it with Mary, he observed. Except, um, minor theological point here — did he?

Still, there is something clarifying in the brutal honesty of so-what-ism. A 32-year-old Moore could put a 14-year-old girl’s hand on his erect penis and touch her over her bra and underpants. Trump could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue. It would not deter their supporters. Okay, at least we know where you’re coming from. Your moral parameters are clear in their absence.

If-then-ism, by contrast, is pure cowardly dodge. There are some situations where the fact pattern may be too murky to pass judgment. Not here. What more information do the if-then-ers want? What would be the forum for this factual discovery to take place?

One last strategy — blame the messenger — has come into play here, deployed by Moore and supporters such as former Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon. “The Bezos Amazon Washington Post that dropped that dime on Donald Trump is the same Bezos Amazon Washington Post that dropped the dime this afternoon on Judge Roy Moore,” Bannon said, referring to Post owner and Amazon chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos and the “Access Hollywood” tape. “Now is that a coincidence?”

No, it’s not. Good reporting breeds good reporting. My newsroom colleagues did an incredible job with those stories, as they did in helping break the Monica Lewinsky story two decades ago.

Blaming the messenger is always easier than hearing an unwelcome message. It does not make that message any less true.

45 minutes ago, Destiny said:

God I hope not, cos I’m about to!
What a horrible fucking asshole. Actually, assholes are useful, so lets go with a boil on someone’s ass. I read that story and honest to god thought I had misread it, because there’s no way that someone could be so terrible. Alas. I was wrong.

I have no problem with anybody calling Roy Moore, or his defenders, every name in the book, but if I written down what I was thinking yesterday, it would have flagrantly violated the Free Jinger terms of use.

Thank Rufus we can't be punished for our thoughts! :pray:

SNL's opening sketch last night was Roy Moore, Mike Pence, and Jeff Sessions. As usual, Kate McKinnon is priceless.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived