IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

"Moore seeks to refocus campaign on conservative religious values amid firestorm"

Spoiler

Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama sought to refocus his campaign on the conservative religious ideals most likely to motivate his base voters, dismissing the national firestorm over allegations that he pursued teenage girls when he was in his 30s.

Addressing a gathering at the Huntsville Christian Academy in Huntsville, Ala., on Sunday night, the former judge suggested that he was investigating his accusers, threatened to sue The Washington Post and called on the United States to restore its culture by going “back to God.”

“We can be proud of where we came from and where we’re going if we go back to God,” Moore said at his second public event since The Post reported the allegations of misconduct last week.
“If we go back to God, we can be unified again,” he said.

Moore’s attempt to steer the political conversation in Alabama back to conservative Christian values came as he weathered a fourth day of repercussions from allegations by four women that he sought romantic or sexual relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s.

One of the accusers, Leigh Corf­man, said she was 14 when Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her.

“We’ve still got investigations going on,” Moore said, referring to his accusers. “We’re still finding out a lot we didn’t know.”

Echoing a remark made by his wife Saturday, Moore also said The Post “will be sued” for its reporting. The event was closed to news reporters, but aides to Moore broadcast his remarks live on Facebook.

Moore’s campaign received backup Sunday from Breitbart News, which sent employees to Alabama to investigate Corfman and the three other women.

In an article published Sunday titled “Mother of Roy Moore Accuser: Washington Post Reporters Convinced My Daughter to Go Public,” Breitbart quoted Corfman’s mother as saying that Post reporters sought out her daughter, not vice versa.

“She did not go to them,” Nancy Wells said, according to Breitbart. “They called her.”

Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought relationships with teenage girls. Over the ensuing three weeks, two Post reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know about their interactions with Moore.

Breitbart’s chairman, Stephen K. Bannon, supports Moore’s candidacy and has said the accusers are trying to “destroy a man’s life.” Bannon is a former adviser to President Trump and is still considered close to him.

Moore’s remarks Sunday night in northern Alabama received a standing ovation. But in Washington, support for his campaign to fill the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions continued to flag throughout the weekend.

Sen. Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.) on Sunday called on Moore to exit the race and said that Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.), who lost to Moore in the GOP primary, would be a strong candidate for a write-in bid.

“This is a terrible situation. . . . We’ll probably never know for sure exactly what happened,” Toomey said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “But from my point of view . . . I think the accusations have more credibility than the denial. I think it would be best if Roy would just step aside.”

Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a frequent Republican critic of President Trump and his wing of the GOP, said the party “ought not to be for” Moore’s candidacy and also raised the possibility of a write-in candidacy.
“It’s just really a matter of whether he ought to be the candidate, the standard-bearer of the Republican Party. And I just think he shouldn’t be,” Kasich said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Under Alabama law, Moore’s name cannot be removed from the ballot this close to the election, but the state GOP can petition to disqualify him. If Moore is disqualified or withdraws, votes for him would not be counted.

The remarks came after multiple Republican senators rescinded their endorsements of Moore and the National Republican Senatorial Committee pulled out of a joint fundraising committee with him.

Some Republicans had hoped Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R), who has called the allegations “deeply disturbing,” would delay the election. But her staff told local media outlets over the weekend that it will take place as scheduled on Dec. 12.

Moore described the backlash as a political conspiracy among Democrats, establishment Republicans and the national media to keep him out of office.

“Why do they come now?” Moore said of the accusations, using parts of a statement he recited Saturday in Vestavia Hills, Ala.

“Because there are groups that don’t want me in the United States Senate. They’re desperate,” he said.

It remains unclear whether the allegations will damage Moore’s campaign, although some signs over the weekend suggested it might.

Representatives of the Trump administration appeared split on how to handle the situation.

Marc Short, the White House director of legislative affairs, said that Moore needs time to defend himself against the allegations and that Trump will look more closely at the issue after he returns from a trip to Asia.

“Roy Moore is somebody who graduated from West Point, he served our country in Vietnam, he’s been elected multiple times statewide in Alabama,” Short said on “Meet the Press.” “The people in Alabama know Roy Moore better than we do here in D.C., and I think we have to be very cautious . . . of allegations that are 40 years old that arise a month before Election Day.”

In an interview on “This Week,” White House adviser Kellyanne Conway repeatedly declined to say whether she believes the allegations.

“I don’t know the accusers, and I don’t know Judge Moore. But I also want to make sure that we as a nation are not always prosecuting people through the press. He has denied the allegations,” she said.

Appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the allegations against Moore require a closer look.

“I’m not an expert on this issue, but what I would say is people should investigate this issue and get the facts,” he said. “And if these allegations are true, then absolutely, this is incredibly inappropriate behavior.”

Senate Democrats continued to wrestle with how to leverage the allegations — and what they might do if Moore becomes their colleague after the Dec. 12 special election.

On “Meet the Press,” Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) floated the idea of expelling Moore from the Senate if he wins.

“We may not have much choice on that but we have choice on something else,” said Klobuchar, who recently co-sponsored a bill requiring sexual harassment training for senators and their staff members. “That is that you can expel a senator once they are in with two-thirds of the vote after the ethics committee does an investigation.”

But Richard J. Durbin (Ill.), the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, said that unseating a senator is “several steps removed from where we are today,” arguing that Trump needs to “do more when it comes to this situation in Alabama.”

Asked about Moore, Trump more recently has told reporters traveling with him in Asia that “I have not seen very much about him, about it.”

“And, you know, I put out a statement yesterday that he’ll do the right thing,” the president added.

After the allegations surfaced last week, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders issued a statement saying that Trump “believes that if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside.”

She also said “a mere allegation” should not “destroy a person’s life.”

Yeah, the senate won't unseat him. That would require McTurtle to have a backbone.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore is loving the attention. These accusations have only increased his popularity, and has practically​ guaranteed his victory. Disgusting! I'm praying for miracle and voting for Doug Jones.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Moore is loving the attention. These accusations have only increased his popularity, and has practically guaranteed his victory. Disgusting! I'm praying for miracle and voting for Doug Jones.

Emmett Till allegedly whistled at a white woman and he got brutally murdered. Roy Moore molests white teenage girls and will probably be elected to the US Senate. The “sanctity of white woman hood” is only a thing when dark-skinned others are invoked. Otherwise, it’s just a property crime committed against another white man.

I bet McTurtle will back down: "McConnell calls on Roy Moore to end Senate campaign following accusations of sexual misconduct"

Spoiler

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Monday that Republican candidate Roy Moore should end his campaign for U.S. Senate in Alabama, following allegations that Moore initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl when he was 32.

“I think he should step aside,” said McConnell. His comments marked the most definitive position he has taken on Moore’s candidacy since The Washington Post reported the allegations last Thursday.

Asked by a reporter if he believed the allegations, McConnell responded: “I believe the women, yes.”

While it is too late to remove Moore’s name from the ballot ahead of the Dec. 12 special election, McConnell said he is exploring the option of a write-in campaign by Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.) — whom Moore defeated in the primary — or some other Republican.

The Post reported Thursday that Leigh Corfman alleged that Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her when she was 14 and Moore was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. Moore has denied the allegations and has vowed to continue his campaign.

McConnell made his comments Monday morning in Louisville, where he was touting the GOP’s tax reform plan. Last week, McConnell said that “if” the allegations were true, Moore would need to step aside, stopping short of the position he took on Monday.

In addition to Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women says that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

Moore has declined to rule out that he may have dated girls in their late teens when he was in his 30s, but he has said he did not remember any encounters.

While other Republican lawmakers have called on Moore to step down, McConnell is the highest-ranking Republican in Washington to do so.

Last week, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said President Trump believed that “if these allegations are true, Judge Moore will do the right thing and step aside.”

Asked about Moore, Trump more recently has told reporters traveling with him in Asia that “I have not seen very much about him, about it.”

Marc Short, the White House director of legislative affairs, said Sunday that Moore needs time to defend himself against the allegations and that Trump will look more closely at the issue after he returns from his trip.

Also on Sunday, Moore sought to refocus his campaign on the conservative religious ideals most likely to motivate his base voters, dismissing the controversy surrounding his campaign.

Addressing a gathering at the Huntsville Christian Academy in Huntsville, Ala., on Sunday night, the former state judge suggested that he was investigating his accusers, threatened to sue The Washington Post and called on the United States to restore its culture by going “back to God.”

“We can be proud of where we came from and where we’re going if we go back to God,” Moore said at his second public event since The Post reported the allegations of misconduct last week.

“If we go back to God, we can be unified again,” he said.

Neither Corfman nor any of the other women sought out The Post. While reporting a story in Alabama about supporters of Moore’s Senate campaign, a Post reporter heard that Moore allegedly had sought relationships with teenage girls. Over the following three weeks, two Post reporters contacted and interviewed the four women. All were initially reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know about their interactions with Moore.

Senate Democrats have wrestled with how to leverage the allegations — and what they might do if Moore becomes their colleague if he wins the election.

Speaking on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) floated the idea of expelling Moore from the Senate if he is victorious.

“We may not have much choice on that but we have choice on something else,” said Klobuchar, who recently co-sponsored a bill requiring sexual harassment training for senators and their staff members. “That is that you can expel a senator once they are in with two-thirds of the vote after the ethics committee does an investigation.”

But Sen. Richard J. Durbin (Ill.), the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, said that unseating a senator is “several steps removed from where we are today,” arguing that Trump needs to “do more when it comes to this situation in Alabama.”

The Twitter campaign to smash Keurig machines to support Sean Hannity and his defense of pedophilia is hilarious. I mean, what better way to MAGA than stick it to the liberals by destroying kitchen appliances that liberals didn't pay for. 

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The Twitter campaign to smash Keurig machines to support Sean Hannity and his defense of pedophilia is hilarious. I mean, what better way to MAGA than stick it to the liberals by destroying kitchen appliances that liberals didn't pay for. 

The whole thing reminds me of this tweet:

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I always expect crap from Dinesh D'Souza:

On the heels of a sex scandal, Dinesh D’Souza announced his resignation today as president of King’s College in New York. D’Souza, star of the nonsensical anti-Obama film 2016: Obama’s America and defender of traditional marriage, was recently caught cavorting with a much younger woman while still married to his wife. And now to make matters worse, it appears that his mistress was also married.

Last week, D’Souza blasted President Obama for undermining traditional values. Now we know D’Souza is so traditional that his love life comes straight out of the Old Testament.

D’Souza, who told Christianity Today that “he did not know that Christians generally do not approve of engagements prior to divorces being finalized,” is engaged to Denise Odie Joseph II (sic) and married to his wife. What’s good for the gander is good for the goose, apparently.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/big-love-at-kings-college-dsouzas-mistress-was-also-married/

45 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

From Gloria Allred's presser, the new accuser is Beverly Nelson 

I hope she's prepared for the fallout but bless her for coming forward. This piece of filth can't even deny "dating" teenage girls while he was in his 30s. He sees nothing wrong with it.

What did Roy's law professor have to say about him? 

Back in the mists of time (September), long before ShortEyeGate, before Alabaman Republicans went to the polls to choose between Luther Strange and Roy Moore, Mr. Moore’s former law professor penned an op-ed for Al.com urging his fellow Republicans to beware Mr. Moore and get behind Strange.

Remember, this is previous to "Moore" + “strange” gaining a very different connotation. Also note: Guy V. Martin, Jr., Moore’s former instructor, is very, very different from you and me. He is a deeply conservative Republican and devout Christian who, while arguing strenuously for separation of church and state, is okay with the thought of “converting every American to Christianity.” Not a Maddow fan, you might surmise.

In law school, the arguments arose from what Disraeli called "falling into a deep groove of illogic and being helpless to allow reason to pull you out." If Moore's analysis of a case was tantamount to thinking 1 + 1 = 3, and his classmates reasoned otherwise, there was no backing down by Moore. The class was willing to fight to the death against illogic that no legal mind but one in America would espouse.

Moore never won one argument, and the debates got ugly and personal. The result: gone was the fulfillment a teacher hopes for in the still peace of logic and learning. I had no choice but to abandon the Socratic method of class participation in favor of the lecture mode because of one student: Roy Moore.

12 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

I hope she's prepared for the fallout but bless her for coming forward. 

Yup. Moore's supporters are going to go through her entire life for any possible "dirt" they can find to use against her. She's going to learn who her true friends really are, and she's probably going to get death threats. The odds are very high that more victims exist, but I certainly can't blame anyone who is hesitant to put themselves out there to be savaged by Moore and his supporters.  :pb_sad:

Well...here it is.  An ignorant Bible Belt christian defends Roy Moore.  It's OK to compare what Roy Moore did 40 years ago to steeling a lawn mower.  If he "sinned", well, he can be forgiven so this makes all these claims by women a moot point.

There's no bottom to the horror that is the Alabama Republican Party.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/360156-moore-defender-compares-misconduct-accusations-to-stealing-a-lawnmower

I'm so shallow you can wade in me... but his hair cut? 

These pastors... um, even if he's innocent of the rape charges, how is he called a just judge when he was thrown out of the judgeship? (is that a word)

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360140-more-than-50-alabama-pastors-sign-letter-supporting-roy-moore

Spoiler

A group of 53 Alabama pastors has signed onto a letter urging Alabamians to vote for Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore after the allegations of sexual misconduct were leveled against him.

The letter, published on AL.com and posted on Moore’s wife’s Facebook page, praises the candidate for his “immovable convictions for Biblical principles” and says he suffered “persecution” for his faith by opposing gay marriage as Alabama's chief justice.

“For decades, Roy Moore has been an immovable rock in the culture wars - a bold defender of the ‘little guy,’ a just judge to those who came before his court, a warrior for the unborn child, defender of the sanctity of marriage, and a champion for religious liberty,” the letter reads.

In a The Washington Post report last week, four women alleged that Moore pursued sexual or romantic relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s, including one woman who said he touched her sexually when she was 14 and he was 32.

The pastors' letter does not directly address the allegations, but refers to an “all-out war” on his campaign by “the Washington establishment” and suggests that the reports are dishonest.

“We are ready to join the fight and send a bold message to Washington,” the letter reads. “Dishonesty, fear of man, and immorality are an affront to our convictions and our Savior and we won't put up with it any longer."

Several GOP senators have called for Moore to withdraw from the race, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). Moore has denied the allegations and said that he will remain in the race to fill the Senate seat once held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Sorry if this was already posted. Also by Brandon Moseley. 

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/11/11/believe-judge-roy-moore/

TL; DR: not a felony, long ago, different laws,  innocent until proven guilty, how can we ever know but I believe Moore,  MSM sucks,  how come sleazy WAPO thought that old molestation scandals would be newsworthy, i don't want to know if Doug Jones dated any children, we report real news and Republicans' rapey tendencies aren't news, Roy Moore fought in Vietnam before molested children, Roy Moore didn't rape me so this is not relevant to anybody,  and please remember, dear Alabama voter, Roy Moore is a bigot just like you and me

With the exception of those of you who are test tube babies, all of us are here because our moms, at least once in their lives, let our dads do what dads wanted to do all along. I hope that was not an upsetting revelation to anyone.

Eh, you can't get pregnant from a rape? 

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm so shallow you can wade in me... but his hair cut? 

OMG...I wasn't the only on in stitches over it!  That was a total balls up of a fashion disaster.    

Vidal Sassoon weeps.

Edited. 

Alabama reich wingers are right: Roy Moore’s behavior is perfectly Biblical — and that’s the problem

When it comes to relationships between woman and men, the contents of the Bible confront modern Jews and Christians with a difficult choice.

Conservative Christians often proclaim that the Quran encourages marriage and molestation of girls who are too young for consent. But it’s rare that they take to the airwaves proclaiming that the Bible does the same. By citing the Bible and Christian tradition in defense of Roy Moore, that is exactly what they have done. And their arguments have merit.

Moore is a former Alabama judge, now senate candidate, who believes emphatically that the Bible should take precedence over the U.S. constitution and American tradition of jurisprudence. He fought long and hard to keep his preferred version of the Ten Commandments—carved in stone—on display in the state supreme court. Moore boldly proclaims his allegiance to the Bible, citing verses at will. So, when he was accused recently of making unwanted sexual advances toward several young teens while a lawyer in his 30s, people accused him of hypocrisy. But if Moore’s only transgression was exploiting his greater age and status to seek sex or intimacy from teenagers, the accusation is unfair.  His behavior was perfectly biblical.

You might be surprised how hard it can be to tell the two books apart. The differences may be real and consequential, but so are the similarities. All Abrahamic texts, taken literally, anchor believers to the Iron Age—a time when men alone were created in the image of a god, and women were vessels and helpmeets, and God favored patriarchs who he blessed with lots of male offspring born to not only their wives but also concubines and handmaids.

41 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

“For decades, Roy Moore has been an immovable rock in the culture wars - a bold defender of the ‘little guy,’ a just judge to those who came before his court, a warrior for the unborn child, defender of the sanctity of marriage, and a champion for religious liberty,” the letter reads

Excuse my language, but these pastors are either fucking morons or abusers themselves.  :angry-cussingblack:

The network that launched Tomi Lahren's career has something to say:

It's a plot! They are all lying! Don't listen to the godless libs and establishment Republicans trying to destroy a righteous man! :roll:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall

By Charles Bethea

6:22 P.M.

Rumors have swirled for years that, in the early eighties, the Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore was banned from a shopping mall for bothering teen-age girls.

Spoiler

Photograph by Mark Peterson / Redux

Roy Moore, the Republican Senate candidate and former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, was born in Gadsden, a small city flanked by Interstate 59 and the Coosa River, an hour northeast of Birmingham. Gadsden is hilly, woodsy, blue-collar, and religious. “LEGAL OR NOT, SIN IS SIN,” a sign in front of a church announced yesterday. I saw it as I drove around, crisscrossing George Wallace Drive. I also saw Trump posters, Confederate flags, and dozens of signs for Doug Jones, the Democrat tied with Moore in recent Senate-race polls. Gadsden is the seat of Etowah County, which is a conservative place; Donald Trump received three times as many votes in the county as Hillary Clinton did. (Statewide, he received twice as many.) But I didn’t, in all my driving, see a single yard sign for Moore, the home-town son. Even the parking lot of the one mall in town had more bumper stickers for Luther Strange (four), Moore’s opponent in the Republican primary, than for Moore himself (one).

The Gadsden Mall opened in 1974. It has two department stores, Belk and Sears, one on each end. Between them, on Sunday night, I walked past Books-A-Million, Cellular Solutions, a Japanese steak house, Great American Cookies, Blacklight Mini-Golf, KnockerBall Gadsden, an eyebrow-styling kiosk, and a clothing store for young girls, called Justice. A diverse assortment of families wandered around the place, which felt trapped in time. Two young security guards made their rounds. “It gets rough in here on Saturday nights,” one of them told me, mentioning fighting, stealing, and gun-toting. “We still have an active ban list,” the other said, referencing a list of chronic rule-breakers not allowed on mall property. “But it doesn’t go back that far.”

He meant back to the early eighties, when Roy Moore was, many people say, a regular visitor to the mall. On Thursday, the Washington Post reported that, when Moore was a thirty-two-year-old assistant district attorney in Etowah County, he brought Leigh Corfman, who was fourteen years old at the time, to his home and sexually molested her. Three additional women told the Post that Moore had pursued them when they were in their teens and he was in his early thirties. (On Monday, another woman, Beverly Young Nelson, said that Moore assaulted her when she was sixteen years old. At a press conference, she held up a high-school yearbook that she said Moore signed before the alleged assault.) Two of the women say that they first met Moore at the Gadsden Mall, and the Post reports that several other women who used to work there remembered Moore’s frequent presence—“usually alone” and “well-dressed in slacks and a button-down shirt.”

Beverly Young Nelson, who has accused Roy Moore of sexual assault, holds up a high-school yearbook that she says Moore signed when he was in his thirties.

Photograph by Eduardo Munoz Alvarez / AFP / Getty

This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece. The stories that they say they’ve heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Postpublished its report. “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls,” the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that “it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls.” Jones told me that she couldn’t confirm the alleged mall banning, but said, “It’s a rumor I’ve heard for years.”

Greg Legat, who is now fifty-nine and living in East Gadsden, was, from 1981 to 1985, an employee at the Record Bar, a store that was in the Gadsden Mall. By the early eighties, Legat told me, the mall was “the place to be. There were no empty stores. And lots of kids came around. Lots of teen-agers. You went there to see and be seen.” Legat met his wife, Jo Anne, there. She worked at a restaurant called Orange Bowl. Legat remembers that parents dropped their kids off at the mall, typically unchaperoned. Teens filled the place.

Legat says that he saw Moore there a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned. “It started around 1979, I think,” Legat said. “I know the ban was still in place when I got there.” Legat recalled a Gadsden police officer named J. D. Thomas, now retired, who worked security at the mall. “J. D. was a fixture there, when I was working at the store,” Legat said. “He really looked after the kids there. He was a good guy. J. D. told me, ‘If you see Roy,let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’ ” Legat recalled Thomas telling him, “If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.’ ” Legat said that his boss, Eddie Hill, also told him to look for Moore. A phone call to Hill’s number was not returned.

Reached by phone on Saturday, Thomas, who lives in the nearby town of Southside, declined to discuss the existence of a ban on Moore at the Gadsden Mall. “I don’t have anything to say about that,” he said. A former manager of the mall, who began working there in the late eighties, confirmed the existence of a ban list, but did not recall Moore being on the list during the manager’s tenure there. Barnes Boyle, who is eighty-six, also managed the mall, from 1981 to 1998. His wife, Brenda, told me that Moore was a longtime acquaintance of his—they went to the Y.M.C.A. together often—and that he planned to vote for him. The recent allegations against Moore, the Boyles thought, are likely liberal propaganda and, as Brenda put it, “a sign of the times.”

Jason Nelms, an I.T. worker who grew up in nearby Southside and now lives in Tennessee, regularly visited the Gadsden Mall as a teen-ager, in the early eighties. “It was a joke from one of the managers/assistant managers that they couldn’t keep an eye on their theater and an eye on the kids outside,” he explained to me via Facebook Messenger. “Us kids would congregate outside on the sidewalk near the theater after the mall closed on Friday and Saturday nights. Anyway, when asked why they had to keep an eye outside, they said that some older guy had been trying to pick up younger girls. They didn’t go beyond that but one of the concession workers whispered to us later that it was Roy Moore he was talking about.”

Gadsden’s current law-enforcement community could not confirm the existence of a mall ban on Moore. But two officers I spoke to this weekend, both of whom asked to remain unnamed, told me that they have long heard stories about Moore and the mall. “The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one of the officers said. The legal age of consent in Alabama is sixteen, so it would not be illegal there for a man in his early thirties to date a girl who was, say, a senior in high school. But these officers, along with the other people I spoke to, said that Moore’s presence at the mall was regarded as a problem: “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off.” The same officer told me, “I heard from one girl who had to tell the manager of a store at the mall to get Moore to leave her alone.”

The second officer went further. “A friend of mine told me he was banned from there,” he said. He added, “I actually voted for Moore. I liked him at one time. But I’m basically disgusted now, to be honest with you. Some of the things he’s said recently, I’ve changed my tune completely about this guy.” He went on, explaining why Moore no longer appeals to him. “When I heard what he said on ‘Hannity’ the other night,” he said, referring to an appearance Moore made on Sean Hannity’s radio show last Friday, “I almost stood straight up. The thing about how he’s never dated anybody without their mother’s permission, that appalled me. That made me want to throw up. Why would you need someone’s permission to date somebody? I’m probably gonna write in Luther Strange.”

Moore has mounted various defenses since the Post story appeared. Among these is his “special concern for the protection of young ladies,” as he put it to Hannity. The Fox News host pressed for specifics. “I don’t know Ms. Corfman from anybody,” Moore went on. “I never talked to her, never had any contact with her. Allegations of sexual misconduct with her are completely false. I believe they are politically motivated. I believe they are brought only to stop a very successful campaign, and that’s what they are doing. I’ve never known this woman.” When questioned about the other women cited in the Post story, he said that he couldn’t be expected to remember every woman he’d ever dated. “After my return from the military,” he said, “I dated a lot of young ladies.”

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Sorry if this was already posted. Also by Brandon Moseley. 

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/11/11/believe-judge-roy-moore/

TL; DR: not a felony, long ago, different laws,  innocent until proven guilty, how can we ever know but I believe Moore,  MSM sucks,  how come sleazy WAPO thought that old molestation scandals would be newsworthy, i don't want to know if Doug Jones dated any children, we report real news and Republicans' rapey tendencies aren't news, Roy Moore fought in Vietnam before molested children, Roy Moore didn't rape me so this is not relevant to anybody,  and please remember, dear Alabama voter, Roy Moore is a bigot just like you and me

Eh, you can't get pregnant from a rape? 

Of course not, have you forgotten that "a woman's body has a way of shutting the whole thing down"? :pb_rollseyes:

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall

I worked back in a restaurant located in the local mall back in the 90s and I remember we had our own troubles with perverts from time to time, as did the larger mall.  Moore probably would have joined them on the ban list if he had lived around here.   I do remember a few times when people were so worried that they got escorts out to their vehicles. 

Beverly said he was a regular, so there's probably some restaurant patrons and employees still alive who could clear this up.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived