IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 7

Coconut Flan

Several commenters are guessing that Beall is "getting a perm." I guess they can't even begin to imagine her actually working. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

My first thought is getting a job? 

#Abouttimetoo.  I hope that is it.  The perm sounds more likely though.

OTOH, this is Beall. it could be something as mundane as:
#gotalibrarycard. #putmyselfaheadoffamily. #wenttoDollarStore. 

I'm not sure about the perm guess.  But maybe so.  Wonder if it's buying a car?   She graduated college in 1989.  She moved back to Texas then...but she did that again when they took the Faris mailing list to Texas and set up shop in San Antonio.

On 02/04/2018 at 9:35 PM, Georgiana said:

It's easy to feel bad for Beall now,

As sad as it is, your post @Georgiana was absolutely accurate. She's so far in or off the deep end across those burned bridges, I'm afraid we can only dream of her doing a 20/20 type interview and blowing the top off the big lie(s). It's too bad. She would do a lot of good if she did.

That platinum blonde hair color is NOT doing her any favors.   But I sometimes wonder if it's a silent FU to a certain someone who loves brunettes.

That platinum blonde hair color is NOT doing her any favors.   But I sometimes wonder if it's a silent FU to a certain someone who loves brunettes.

I wondered about that myself. I stopped drastically lightning my hair after I turned 40, because it just didn’t look all that great. Blonde takes a lot of upkeep, which can get stupidly expensive. My stylist tells me that many women come in around the 50-year-old birthday and want to become blonde for the first time. She says she tries move them to just highlights, or if they’re dead set on blond, then a dark golden blonde. Despite the fact that she’d make more money otherwise, she tells all her clients who are going grey to just go ahead and stop dyeing our hair. The gray picks up color differently, can give a weird two-tone effect.
(I stopped dying my hair entirely at the age of 44, and now I have people asking me if I intentionally put the gray streak in it.)

Beall made her bed, she can damn well lie in it. I just wish the weird cat and mouse game with the truth would stop. I mean, the kids know, right? Whatever their names are, they are off with daddy in the big city, watching him romance young women who look a lot like them. Creepy as hell.
While she’s in rental houses that need blankets over the windows because the windows are broken, Doug either is running up a hell of a tab or blowing through their savings doing whatever the hell he wants to do. If her psyche cannot cope with the idea of a divorce, or her pride, whatever, I guess she’ll just have to pay the piper.

So many lives have been ruined by these assholes. I keep looking at her, and feeling somewhat sorry for her, and then I remember who she is. I remember what she’s done.

14 minutes ago, bea said:

Beall made her bed, she can damn well lie in it. I just wish the weird cat and mouse game with the truth would stop. I mean, the kids know, right? Whatever their names are, they are off with daddy in the big city, watching him romance young women who look a lot like them. Creepy as hell.

THIS!!!!  It's crazy!  Something incredibly disturbing and wrong.

13 hours ago, bea said:

While she’s in rental houses that need blankets over the windows because the windows are broken, Doug either is running up a hell of a tab or blowing through their savings doing whatever the hell he wants to do.

Seeing her living circumstances has had me wondering what exactly is going on financially.  Is the all that VF money running out or gone?  If there is still money, how is it that she and her daughters are living like they are?    DPIAT stingy or is she being a "woe is me" martyr?  

13 hours ago, bea said:

So many lives have been ruined by these assholes. I keep looking at her, and feeling somewhat sorry for her, and then I remember who she is. I remember what she’s done.

I have mixed feelings about her.  On one hand she's one of many who have been screwed over by DPIAT (like everyone who crossed the Tool's path) OTOH she married him and she participated in perpetuating VF along with him.  She benefited as well.  I see her as a victim and a perpetrator but the fact the she messed up other people's lives with him makes me less sorry for her.  I hate to say it's karma, but maybe this is karma.

Want to feel infuriated? Read all about how Beall has always believed that daughters should "travel alone" so that they can be self-sufficient and independent! I mean, that's what VF taught, right? RIGHT??? (Oh, and don't miss the comments. Doug begged her to go with!)

Right you are @DomWackTroll  - this is faulty memory.  There was a time, where nevermind her daughters, SHE was not supposed to travel alone and JTits "accompanied" her as a young teenager.  Interesting that her parents' upbringing is praised here, but at other times they are vilified.

What is with the traveling alone bit? I thought Faith went to NYC with DP. I know Beall never mentions DP on insta, but it's not like he doesnt exist. There's a difference between curating parts of your life to reveal online versus not being truthful.

27 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

What is with the traveling alone bit? I thought Faith went to NYC with DP. I know Beall never mentions DP on insta, but it's not like he doesnt exist. There's a difference between curating parts of your life to reveal online versus not being truthful.

She mentions him in a comment: 

instauserA:So cool! I saw her Instagram story, and it looks like Doug was there with her? Too bad you didn’t go, too!

myfirstyearat50@instauserA__ Yes! They were together part of the time! (Good for my mother's heart!) I know, I would have loved to go! He asked me to think about it, but honestly, this was Faith's moment and she needed to shine on her own! And she did!! 

Sounds super believable, yeah? 

What was Faith’s moment? Going to Easter in NYC? [emoji849]
I’m sure DPIAT wanted you to go, Beall. Just like he lives with you.

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Want to feel infuriated? Read all about how Beall has always believed that daughters should "travel alone" so that they can be self-sufficient and independent! I mean, that's what VF taught, right? RIGHT??? (Oh, and don't miss the comments. Doug begged her to go with!)

And then there's Faith's current IG story in which she poses on the lap of a statue of Oscar Wilde, and says "I try to avoid flirting with men, unless it's Oscar Wilde, in which case I can't help myself :my_smile:"

22 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

And then there's Faith's current IG story in which she poses on the lap of a statue of Oscar Wilde, and says "I try to avoid flirting with men, unless it's Oscar Wilde, in which case I can't help myself :my_smile:"

"...and he was a sodomite, so whatevs! No danger here, LOL!!! Woo-hoo, independence!" 

One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me growing up was the push to be self sufficient, independent, and a problem solver, and to flex these traits by traveling alone

Well, this is a significant moment.  Beall just gave a shout out to her actual parents.  Then again, she married a man who totally devalued these traits in women.  A good thing she did learn them, though, but she needs to put them to work ASAP. 

3 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

That one *might* actually be true. I think DPIAT was already there "working" and Faith flew out to meet him.

He posted "We are in NYC shooting reels and would love to create one for you." on his "DW Cinematographer" page on March 23.

Faith posted a picture of her flight outfit on the 29th, and remarked that she really dislikes flying by herself (she made the same comment in her Instagram stories when she flew to Tennessee to visit Ellen Vernier last fall, so she has traveled alone before).

My 18-year-old did that too - flew cross-country by herself to meet her dad. It was kind of a big deal. She was 12 at the time...

That's IT, Beall - you are now officially a pathological liar in my book. "Self-sufficient and independent" - this, from the woman who helped her husband push his stay-at-home-daughters bullshit for years.

Independent travel my ass - the wimminz weren't allowed to SPEAK in their church meetings!  

They weren't allowed to even mix with the great unwashed and the heathen, for crying out loud.

I'm starting to think that Beall is just re-writing her entire past in a way that suits her now, because she probably is still reeling from her empire falling apart.

#toughtitties #suckstobeyou

And here's "Eva" on Dougie's Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/263289795

This is the second time he's posted a scene of her looking majorly uncomfortable while dancing with someone (it also happened in one of the Jazz Age Lawn Party clips). It mystifies me a bit, because ordinarily she does have a lot of presence on camera. I would think, he could come up with something more flattering. 

5 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

This is the second time he's posted a scene of her looking majorly uncomfortable while dancing with someone (it also happened in one of the Jazz Age Lawn Party clips). It mystifies me a bit, because ordinarily she does have a lot of presence on camera. I would think, he could come up with something more flattering. 

Likely she's never been on a date, held hands, or kissed a boy.  So, yeah. You never know what VF holdovers and weird double standards are happening in this family.  And cognitive dissonance.  How could I forget cognitive dissonance?

And as @AnnaSofia noted, He posted "We are in NYC shooting reels and would love to create one for you."

Who is the "We" he references?  And the burn rate for anyone just hanging out in NYC?  Sweet Rufus' Antler Velvet! 

It's so jarring to see her, dressed and painted for attention, in a room full of normal-looking young women eating brunch. 

I'll just go ahead and say it, maybe others are thinking it too.  I hope I can express this rightly.  I think it's incredibly remarkable that DPIABRT has put Little Eva in this photo shoots with a black man.  I know the Phillips professed consociation with Voddie's family but generally VF was not terribly-integrated and I do NOT think Little Eva grew up with black boys at her indoor pool.  All that to say, I think she's being as mature as her 18 or 19 years will take her (independent world traveler and all) but her parents did NOT expose her to other races, especially African Americans, much in her formative years and so now, to be dancing, albeit innocuously enough with a  full grown black man is new in the Phillips "story."   I'll be interested to see if DPIABRT poses his younger boys with black girls in photos and if little Virginia will also be encouraged to make friends with black kids. I'm not trying to pay undue attention to race,,,,,for most of us it's normal to see friendships like this lived out and photographed, but let's remember who we are talking about. This would NOT have happened 5 years ago.  Also, the video DPIABRT has of Hannah singing at the Plaza---that's curious. At first I thought, "wow, they hired this band for this shoot," but upon closer examination it almost looks like they crashed the place or made arrangements for her to sing with them pre-show.  Someone who knew them well in college told me that Hannah looks a lot like Beall's sister. :confused2: did 30 years ago.  I don't know about that but I do know that short cropped hair would also NOT have flown in the VF heyday.  And finally, did any of them go to CHURCH on Easter? Not a word about that from Beall, Little Eva, or DPIABRT.

16 hours ago, bea said:

What was Faith’s moment?

And why does SHE get a moment? They are so reckless in their favoritism. God bless the ones that get overlooked. RUN kids RUN.

50 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Here is Faith with Dandy on his Instagram page. He sure is good looking. 

And don't we wonder, as with Flo, if he has any CLUE who he's dealing with!!!?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived