IGNORED

If god lets your child die then your god sucks.

doggie

I am referring to the couple that were just found guilty of manslaughter for letting their preemie die. They were fully agreeable that god let their child die while they just prayed about it. They said they would do it all over again. it's like You are ok with a god that lets a child die that could be saved by doctors? Myself that would kill any belief in a christian god that is supposed to be about love. We all know they wont change but if enough of these assholes go to jail there won't be a church left.

I watched my very devout, though not fundie, cousins struggle with a child's life-threatening illness. Although they would not have agreed with me, I thought they jumped through mental, emotional, psychological, and logical hoops not to "blame" God for their child's illness. I'm still not clear how they managed to see it as some way of strengthening their faith without blaming God for the child's suffering.

If God provides you with ways of making your child's life better or more comfortable and you don't take them, you suck.

Guest Anonymous

I think what she's getting at is that if you refuse medical interventions (which God has so thoughtfully provided) then you suck

If God provides you with ways of making your child's life better or more comfortable and you don't take them, you suck.

+1. Although I also think you gOd sucks if he is taking care of the important business of math tests, Dan e contests and football games to the benefit of some while letting children all over this world die.

Archived