IGNORED

All of the Botkins have been laying low

Deleted12

Western Conservatory was last updated on August 12, Outside Hollywood got a lame update on September 17th (but before that the last update was in April), BenBotkin was updated on August 20th, and VisionaryDaughters was last updated on July 6th. I have no idea what's going on with Battle for Civilization. First Pacific Media hasn't been updated in years.

What gives, Botkins?

I mean, if you're going to have 6 websites, don't you think you should post content occasionally?

This has been their pattern for the last few years - long periods of silence interspersed with "exciting" project updates (as in, "We're writing another book!!!").

I think they do it on purpose, to boost the mystique/untouchability quotient.

Or, maybe Daddy's just tightened down the leg irons a few notches.

This has been their pattern for the last few years - long periods of silence interspersed with "exciting" project updates (as in, "We're writing another book!!!").

I think they do it on purpose, to boost the mystique/untouchability quotient.

Or, maybe Daddy's just tightened down the leg irons a few notches.

Perhaps there is another courtship in the works? They gotta do something to keep the credibility quotient up.

Perhaps there is another courtship in the works? They gotta do something to keep the credibility quotient up.

If Isaac gets married before either of the girls, there will be bloodshed.

Here's another theory: the bill collectors have caught up with them again, and they're on the lam.

They've probably had to pawn the harp again. Come to think of it, I wonder if they actually paid for Ben Botkin's music software or pirated it like so many others do?

Here's another theory: the bill collectors have caught up with them again, and they're on the lam.

*Snort.* Doesn't seem unlikely at all.

I don't know how seven adults (Ma and Pa and the five grown children) can do so much nothing. So they have six websites and claim to be experts in everything from embryology to nuclear engineering... when was the last time any of them actually did anything other than babbling at a Dougie conference or spewing misinformed tripe on the Internet? (I guess the marriage seminar series counts as "work," maybe, in their world.) How in the world do they make enough money to support themselves? I know rural Tennessee has a low cost of living, but still!

Guest Anonymous
Hmmmm.... wonder if they have been reading the fanfic that Snarky Jan is writing (which is absolutely brilliant) and taking notes.

Many thanks for the kind words, Sweetpea1.

I so sometimes wonder what people like this actually do all day. They don't read much, or watch TV, or other ordinary activities. (I don't watch TV but that's 'cuz I'm too cheap to get cable, at least at the moment, but I'm a voracious reader.)

In olden days, assuming upper middle class status, these women would have supervised the servants, done a bit of embroidery, visited their friends.......a boring life, indeed.

I rather agree with Starfish....

I think the "girls" sit around on the veranda with their parasols, drinking ice tea and waiting for guys dressed like Col. Sanders to show up.....

Or Col. Angus?

Don't any of them have real jobs? A home based business? Or is their "ministry" their business? AS and E better start writing more books...

Well, they are working on that book about boys as I recall. I wonder what kind of research they're doing? :D

As to what they do all day...if the girls are still interested in music, you can easily spend at least a couple hours a day practicing, more if you do multiple instruments. I know they read a lot - they've mentioned Rushdoony's Institutes of Biblical Law, which is not an easy read, nor a quick one - I think it's 1000 pages or so. Plus, they've read things like the Twilight series (but only so they can give a negative review). If they really are writing a new book, that would take some time. Plus cooking and cleaning (although didn't their mom say that she does most of that to free up the girls to help Daddy?). Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty to fill their time...it's just a matter of being happy doing that day after day after day with no end in sight. I suspect that their dad is one of those men with a new "vision" every day or every week that has to take precedence over the old "visions" - hence the multitude of websites but lack of posts, new content, etc.

As to what they do all day...if the girls are still interested in music, you can easily spend at least a couple hours a day practicing, more if you do multiple instruments. I know they read a lot - they've mentioned Rushdoony's Institutes of Biblical Law, which is not an easy read, nor a quick one - I think it's 1000 pages or so. Plus, they've read things like the Twilight series (but only so they can give a negative review). If they really are writing a new book, that would take some time. Plus cooking and cleaning (although didn't their mom say that she does most of that to free up the girls to help Daddy?). Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty to fill their time...it's just a matter of being happy doing that day after day after day with no end in sight. I suspect that their dad is one of those men with a new "vision" every day or every week that has to take precedence over the old "visions" - hence the multitude of websites but lack of posts, new content, etc.

Good points. Thanks.

Very terse update on the Western Conservatory website: the webinar ("Marrying Well") has ended. Watch for CDs, available late this month. That is all.

Archived