IGNORED

Lori Alexander 28: Not Liking Children

Too late. She proved that that's what she believes and she lost a church because of it. She lost a speaking engagement and her words will no longer be shared in their ministry. He was pretty done with her, it sounded like. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why doesn't she link to this post she references today?  and I don't get this woman who claims she is not in a Christian marriage but yet goes on and on and on talking about all this Christian stuff perfectly by perfectly I mean she sound like she is deep in the religion

48 minutes ago, Koala said:

I also noticed that she has added this bit to yesterday's post:

An Interesting View Written by John Rice The Home (1946)

:pb_lol: I've never seen her back peddle so hard.  Knowing how close she was to getting to speak at a church must have really set her back a step!  So close :pb_lol:  

I noticed that right away, too! Here's what else I've noticed: Ken hasn't ridden in on the Horse of Truth to rescue her yet. It's interesting to watch her be rebuked by those who used to support her.

Jeff has weighed in :pb_eek: :

Jeff says:

September 1, 2017 at 5:30 am

Lori,

This is where the screeching starts.

Ladies,

Look up Bamphomet. That is a male/female image Freemasons, and the Illuminati worship. It’s deception. They make the bamphomet an image of diety or God.

It is Satan’s deception to make you think God is both male and female. He does have attributes that he has given to man and woman, but if he created women in his image he must have breasts, vagina, plumbing etc. Of a woman? Then the Satanist is right?

Do not be deceived by emotional beliefs.

:pb_eek:

Lori Alexander says:

September 1, 2017 at 6:13 am

The thing is that it doesn’t matter to me if I am created in God’s image or not. Dr. Rice makes a good argument for why women aren’t and Dr. Piper makes a good case for why we are but let’s say women aren’t. This doesn’t diminish our worth and value in the least. God is the One who still created woman for a specific purpose, plan, and role. Jesus died for women as much as He did for men and we will have eternal life if we believe just as men do. I just don’t understand the hysteria from this post.

Why make the post if she doesn't care?  Why argue with readers if she wasn't sure herself? What kind of teacher doesn't care?

She didn't start back peddling until Pastor Jay and Lindsey spelled it out for her. Then all of a sudden she was deleting parts of the post, adding disclaimers, and putting a question mark at the end of what was originally a statement.  It was only when she saw the potential cost to her "ministry", that she backed down.  

Of course, now the MRAs will be upset that she is wavering.  She can't win this one...
Ken can't either, because they have been very clear that he is in charge of Lori, and that she is accountable to him for what she writes.

As for her part about not understanding the "hysteria" <---(read: people telling her that her ideas aren't biblical), can you imagine the freak out Lori would have if another blogger was biblically inaccurate, and flippantly proclaimed she didn't care one way or another?  Lori would flip out, and post endlessly about it.

*Disclaimer* I am not a Christian, but it seems shocking to me that a Christian would say they didn't care if they were created in the image of God.  

If you believe in that sort of thing, it seems like it would be awe inspiring to think that you were created in your maker's image.  To carelessly announce that you don't care one way or another just seems very...jarring to me.  Like, it almost leaves me speechless.

I think the truth is, Lori doesn't care much about Jesus at all.  I think she just likes rules, and a good excuse to enforce them on others, while she shamlessly does whatever the hell she wants.

@usmcmom , that was the first thing I thought of when I read that this morning. I mean, it isn't even something she said months ago, or a couple of years ago--it was just this past WEEK! :pb_eek:

37 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am sure he really appreciated having his comments deleted.  

It was nice seeing her get a slap down in public though. I do hope that screenshot goes on the Facebook page 

And God doesn't have a flesh tube and dangly bits. Good grief. 

Their god is too small. 

And a women not being created in the image of God absolutely DOES diminish a woman's worth and value. 

Highly disturbing, not because she's crazy and twists the Bible for her own ungodly agenda, whatever that is, but because she's actively propagating those beliefs. People are actually doing women's Bible studies based on what Lori is blogging, and that is very, very, dangerous. Very disturbing. If she has a right to spread her beliefs then we have the right to strongly oppose her. If she wants to influence people publicly then she should be accountable to the public.

57 minutes ago, Koala said:

If you believe in that sort of thing, it seems like it would be awe inspiring to think that you were created in your maker's image.  To carelessly announce that you don't care one way or another just seems very...jarring to me.  Like, it almost leaves me speechless.

I'll give you my perspective on this, for what it's worth.  I'd be fine with finding out that I'm not made in the image of God because:

- Jesus still honored women and treated them as equals.

- Jesus was born of a woman. So what if I'm only "the glory of man"?  The same passage that says that woman is the glory of man also says that neither man nor woman are independent from each other. 

- the famous submission passages tell husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church. So if we indeed are "inferior beings", well, God wants us to be loved sacrificially. 

- The apostle Peter told husbands to honor their wives as we are their co-heirs.  Not honoring means not having his prayears heard, so, whether equal or unequal, a wife is to be honored as an equal. 

- Whether equal in nature or not, Jesus is my high priest. I don't need a man between me and God. 

- I don't believe God ever, ever, ever told man to rule over woman. 

- God has always wanted the strong to lift the weak, so if we happen to be "weaker" and "lesser", the "greater and stronger" should be lifting us up, not ruling us or trying to keep us down.

But I don't believe we are lesser or not made in the image of God.  I agree with a lot of what Lindsay says in her very long and theologically thorough posts.   I don't agree that we are made to fulfill different "roles", mainly because that word is not there.  I do believe we bear different responsibilities, but it can vary from person to person, situation to situation... bottom line, all humans are equally important and loved, all humans have the same access to God, all humans have equal value.  

Lori says she doesn't understand the hysteria? come on, we all know she loves a kerfuffle and she posted this looking for one.  Hopefully a post gone viral.  

ETA: I'm totally against the sort of teaching that Lori posted there, not the least because it ignores all the stuff that Lindsay posted, because it feeds the entitlement of those MRA and may make women feel less worthy of respect and honor, even though our maker wants us to be honored and respected. 

Lori is basically a false teacher.  That pastor whose comments she deleted will sure be spreading that info around hopefully.  I would love to have seen her delete Lindsay's comments that would have been interesting

Also there was a comment in the chat room about not affording organic food grass fed meat etc.  cue lots of comments giving advice and from Lori.  ZILCH NOTHING A BIG FAT ZERO just sayin

I have seen her 

4 minutes ago, Celtic Rose said:

Also there was a comment in the chat room about not affording organic food grass fed meat etc.  cue lots of comments giving advice and from Lori.  ZILCH NOTHING A BIG FAT ZERO just sayin

Usually she responds by asking them if they can afford cancer.  Yes, seriously.  Because money grows on tress, out back.  :roll:

Lori throwbacks to make your Friday go by faster:

Women are strong today; strong in their opinions and strong in their desires to be like men.

Thankfully, Lori isn't like that.  

I don't want to debate my husband or others in a way that tells them that I am right and they are wrong. 

That's why she never engages in long drawn out debates with people on her blog.  

If you no longer want to force your opinions on others and get in long, drawn out arguments with your husband, simply give your opinion and then leave it there. 

That's definitely what Lori does.  She gives her opinion and doesn't say another word about it.

It's good to allow others, especially our husbands, to have the last word. 

She doesn't argue her point over and over but allows the other person to have the last word. 

Lori does this by deleting any opinions that she doesn't agree with.  It's her way of letting others have the last word.

Nobody likes a know-it-all and someone who forces their opinions on others

This is also part of being feminine. Feminine women shouldn't be ones who argue cases and debate others. 

She concludes:

This is difficult for those of us who have strong opinions. Women shouldn't be arguing over issues that have no eternal significance like organic or not organic, vaccinations or no vaccinations, public school or homeschool, sleep training or co-sleeping, spanking or not spanking, etc.

Self Awareness Level: 0

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Too late. She proved that that's what she believes and she lost a church because of it. She lost a speaking engagement and her words will no longer be shared in their ministry. He was pretty done with her, it sounded like. 

AND she lost the chance to sell a lot of her books during the speaking engagement. She seems anxious to unload those books. I bet Ken is getting on her case about the cost.

Pastor Jay writes back

Pastor Jay B. says:

September 1, 2017 at 8:52 am

Mr. Rice is wrong and I am saddened that you think this is a biblical belief. I have a hard time believing that you can look your daughters and granddaughters in the eye and tell them that they are not made fully and equally in the image of God, same as men.

But I would like to thank you , because this post has inspired me to study this topic more in depth and I will be preaching about this this month in my church. And I also plan to do a series on how to study the Bible, so my congregation can have a better understand of what the Bible actually says, vs what we think it says.

I hope you have a good weekend and that you continue to earnestly study scripture in its entirety. After a night of much prayer and reading, I can no longer allow your teachings to be taught in my church and among our church women. I say this with respect, as you are a sister in Christ, but the Lord has convicted me about this. I will also be bringing this up at the next local pastor’s fellowship, as this is not a theological position we can allow to gain a foothold in our churches, our men and in the hearts of our precious women

Reader:

I think some of the hysteria is because the fact of mankind being made in the image of God IS a big deal and it should matter to you. It’s our God, it’s His word, and it’s truth. 

TRUTH!

23 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Below is an excerpt from the long-awaited (for Doug Wilson non-fans and Natalie Greenfield fans) report by his denominations' ministers. They investigated the church's handing of the Jamin Wight (all-around predator scumbag)  and Steven Sitler (serial pedophile) sexual abuse cases. Both Wight and Sitler were ministry students at Doug's Greyfriars Academy as well as congregants.

I want to correct this. I relied on my memory--an increasingly bad idea for me--about Wight and Sitler's ministry status. Wight was a Greyfriars student; Sitler was not, though his wife was a New St. Andrews college student.

Incidentally, the report has quite a lot to say about the sloppiness of Greryfriars vetting and the low completion rate of its students.

Where did this latest pastor comment come from?? I just looked and the Rice post is completely gone now!!!!! Am I missing something??

Its off of facebook too. OMG, wow, we get such good screenshots before that was scrapped. I captured all the latest just  literally minutes before she deleted the post. 

Got Pastor Jay's comment before she scrubbed it:

Pastor Jay B. says:

September 1, 2017 at 8:52 am

Mr. Rice is wrong and I am saddened that you think this is a biblical belief. I have a hard time believing that you can look your daughters and granddaughters in the eye and tell them that they are not made fully and equally in the image of God, same as men.

But I would like to thank you , because this post has inspired me to study this topic more in depth and I will be preaching about this this month in my church. And I also plan to do a series on how to study the Bible, so my congregation can have a better understand of what the Bible actually says, vs what we think it says.

I hope you have a good weekend and that you continue to earnestly study scripture in its entirety. After a night of much prayer and reading, I can no longer allow your teachings to be taught in my church and among our church women. I say this with respect, as you are a sister in Christ, but the Lord has convicted me about this. I will also be bringing this up at the next local pastor’s fellowship, as this is not a theological position we can allow to gain a foothold in our churches, our men and in the hearts of our precious women

Leave a Reply

And here is what's left of the post (it has been edited since yesterday)

Spoiler

WOMEN ARE NOT MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD

An Interesting View Written by John Rice The Home (1946)

For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
1 Corinthians 11:7

God’s inspired Word tells us that the man “is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.” A man is like God in a sense that a woman is not like God. For example, God is masculine. Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy, false prophetess of so-called Christian Science, calls God “our Father-Mother God,” but that is wholly unscriptural. God is always, in the Bible, called “He,” never “Her.” He is called “Father,” not “Mother.” Christ is called “the man Christ Jesus,” not “the woman.” He is called the “Bridegroom,” not “bride,” “King,” not “queen,”Prophet,” not “prophetess,” “Son,” not “daughter.”

Christ was a Man, a masculine Man. His body was a man’s body. His work was a man’s work. His temptations, a man’s temptations. I do not mean that Christ is not the Savior every woman needs, nor that He does no know her every longing, feel her every sorrow, meet her every need. But God would not have had the Bible so full of it if He did not want us to notice that Christ was a Man, not a woman, and that man is therefore made in the image of God in a sense that cannot be true of a woman. So, in the home, man is the deputy of God, and should lead the home for God.

This does not mean slavery for the wife. Rule, government, authority, is of God. The only alternative to government and authority is anarchy and chaos. It is not slavery that we have a president and congress of the nation and governors for states, sheriffs in counties, mayors and councils and police forces in the cities. It is not slavery for a teacher to have authority in the schoolroom or a pastor in the church. So it is only law, order and government for God’s man to be the head of the home, the head of the wife, and to rule over his wife.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 
Ephesians 5:22-24

Obeying and pleasing their boyfriends/husbands is exactly what women in abusive relationships DO. That's all they're ALLOWED to do. The problem is that NOTHING is good enough, NOTHING. Physically abusive men don't just beat up their partners because the partner specifically did something "wrong"... they often beat them up for the hell of it. 

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I love that the pastor said this. And with the boldfaced bit, Lori's options to become a celebrated speaker fade away. Then again, she just might say that a prophet is not accepted in his own hometown and she is therefore like Jesus. 

Ken needs to put Lori on an internet time-out for three months so she can go sit in a corner and think about what she's done.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived