IGNORED

Lori Alexander 28: Not Liking Children

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though Lori deleted David's comment. I still give him credit for taking on Lori and calling her out. In a way, it makes me happy that there are men out there that disagree with some of Lori's beliefs.

David mentions the "weaker vessel" mentality.  I don't think most people realize the context in which the term is used and who it's written to or for. 

Here is the weaker vessel verse:

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. (1st Peter 3:7)

Lori appears to think that the verse is addressing wives, telling them to remember that they are the weaker vessels, but the apostle Peter wrote this to the men, right after he wrote one of Lori's favorite passages. 

On the other hand, Lori, her MRA friends and her commentators of old all teach that a man should rule over his wife, but the passage that even mentions a husband ruling over his wife is addressed to the wife.  (Genesis 3:16)

Why do they do that?  Why do they ignore the context of the concepts they teach? Why did Lori choose to write a blog post questioning whether women are even made in the image of God, instead of focusing, for example, on the way Jesus treated women?  She claims to want to encourage women, but her writings invariably focus on something we aren't doing well enough, something we "falsely believe", the evils of feminism or of wearing yoga pants..  That's not encouraging or positive. 

7 minutes ago, onemama said:

That's not encouraging or positive. 

Lori is a miserable cow (no offense to cows) and wouldn't know an encouraging or positive word if it walked right up and bit her on the ass.  She is miserable and wants everyone else to be as miserable as she is.

Maybe she shouldn't have married someone she admits she didn't love just because she thought he would be a walking paycheck. 

One more time, Lori wouldn't know sound christian doctrine if it bit her in the ass. If she wants to be taken seriously then she needs to sit her ass under a teacher, agree to be held accountable for the bullshit she spews and willing to take rebukes. 

Since she will never do any of the above, she is nothing more than a heretic preaching a false gospel. 

Oh hell, that's nothing.  I've seen Lori delete comments that contained nothing other than a Bible verse.  Literally, not one single word, just a scripture reference.  

If the Bible contradicts her message, she'll delete it too.

Tomorrow Lori begins her 10th week of vacation. 10. Weeks.

How many of her leghumper fangirls have been keeping track that Lori has been spending 10. Weeks. at a cabin on lake in cool green WI?

Fangirls who are making do, or more likely not, on their husbands' 2-3 jobs' money, while homeschooling 5-10 children.  Fangirls who are probably over stressed and overwhelmed with too many children in a too small house/ apt. Some of them are probably pregnant and wondering how they are going to afford and house yet another child.

And yet none of these women seem to be even remotely annoyed that while Lori preaches teaches the joys of a simple life of many children, absolute submission, living on one tiny salary, extreme frugality, and cooking from scratch yummy nourishing (organic) food, Lori herself is enjoying a soon to be 10. Week. Vacation. in the lap of luxury, eating out often and shopping for whatever she wants.

Are these fangirls stupid?  Brainwashed?   Or do they believe that because Lori is (as she always says) a godly older woman mentor that all that luxury is her due?.  That she deserves it? Do they think that, like the prosperity hucksters with their private jets, luxury cars, designer wardrobes and 10.000+ sq ft mansions, God is showering all this on Lori as a sign of his favor and proof of her godliness?

SMH at the so, so obvious disconnect, and not understanding how her leghumpers cannot see the hypocrisy.

I'd be sad if I wasn't so appalled and disgusted.

I am floored that she deleted her post. Has she ever done this before? If she's so convicted, why didn't she just leave it up? Thanks Pastor Jay! I'm an athiest but I would go to his church and leave money in the begging basket if I could. What are those little baskets actually called? 

Yesterday we had the J-Rod vow renewal and today this. Oh, and Joy getting knocked up. They're really putting the fun back in fundy this week. 

I once replied to a comment on Lori's blog, but not to Lori and mentioned nicely about the hypocrisy of Lori's post once. Can't recall which one as was awhile ago. I recently noticed that I no longer have a comment box or ability to reply. Guess my comment was not only deleted, but I was promptly banned for that too. I decided after that, I was not going to reply to her anyway as didn't want to risk having anyone I know see her and stumble onto her page. I would not want to be the cause of subjecting anyone on my page to her because I care about them and their sanity. Now I realize wouldn't have mattered as apparently she banned me regardless. 

@SuperNova, those little baskets are either called the offertory or collection baskets.  If a plate or shallow bowl is used it may be called the offering plate.  Catholics (and others. maybe) call the collection of money the collection and it part of the offertory.  The most important part of the offertory is the presention of the gifts of bread and wine to be consecrated  during Mass.  I don't know if the liturgical Protestant churches (i.e., Anglican communion and Lutheran)  have the same kind of offertory as Catholics do.  In most Protestant churches the offertory is just the collection of money.

If you get the impression that I think more highly of the Catholic version of the offertory, you would be correct although I'm no longer Catholic and, in fact, are atheist like you.

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Tomorrow Lori begins her 10th week of vacation. 10. Weeks.

That is 2 more weeks than I had for maternity leave with #2 and then #3. :/

My maternity leaves were 6 week, 8 weeks, 8 weeks (csection with #3).

Man! I miss all the good stuff!! Curse you heathen, feminist life! If I'd only been at home, making my daughter eat salad while she read for an hour, I could have been monitoring the interwebs!  

Good for Pastor Jay for letting her have it! And good on everyone who nabbed a screen shot before she cut bait & ran.  Those who play with fire eventually get burned! 

On 30/08/2017 at 2:27 PM, EowynW said:

Yep that's how I got banned. I used biblical examples of real women who didn't fit her version of "biblical womanhood."

Me too.

I haven't tried to engage that dumb bitch in quite a while. I tried once, got deleted and banned. 

As I said before, she has no accountability to anyone, and refuses to be accountable to anyone in authority over her, including her idiot husband. Therefore, it should be obvious that she is NOT a teacher, nor a preacher. She is a heretic, an antiChrist, and should be held to account by everyone who can manage to grab screen grabs of her drivel and make sure she is "corrected" every fucking time. 

Hell, even after 2 divorces, I know more about how to have a good marriage than she does. 

So unless the whole family went out to Door county, lori is back in CA. Alyssa posted an insta story of them singing happy birthday to her and bringing her some sort of dessert. It looked like Alyssa's house though I can't be sure. 

Hi all, I subscribe to Lori's blog so I got an email copy of her post "Women are Not Made in the Image of God" but the page cannot be found when one clicks the link.

For people who can stomach her posts, I sugest subscribing to her blog so that we can have a copy of her posts before she deletes them.

Some blogs allow readers to subscribe to comments, but Lori's blog doesn't allow this feature. To Lori, comment subscriptions can drive traffic and make a post viral. :)

Lori (today):

It's a lot easier to want to be entertained, made to feel comfortable where we are, & have our ears tickled rather than be challenged, convicted, & motivated to change.

Did Pastor Jay challenge you, Lori?  Did he convict you?  Why were his posts deleted?  Was it because he refused to "tickle your ears"?

Also, trying to make yourself seem more holy than your friends is a really crappy thing to do, and if you want to continue to have "friends", you should really think about knocking it off.  No one thinks it's cute, and if they know you at all, they know you are anything but "godly".

She hasn't put up her usual blog post for the day on Facebook yet. An hour and a half late. Lori, that isn't like you. :naughty:

Does anybody else think it's funny that Lori went home in time for her own birthday, yet missed at least one granchild's special day?  

"We need to get home in time to celebrate ME, Ken." 

What the hell does she know about women who study the Bible. I've been putting a list together of theological and bible study books I intend to purchase when the money is less tight. 

She has mentioned that she writes the posts in advance, so I wonder if she hasn't posted today because she wants to change it based on the reaction she received from the post about women not being made in the image of God.  She obviously realized that she went too far, even for her.  Her levels of misogyny and hatred are astounding - what a horrible way to live, especially because she actually thinks it's biblical.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived