IGNORED

Lori Alexander 28: Not Liking Children

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

Yep that's how I got banned. I used biblical examples of real women who didn't fit her version of "biblical womanhood."

I got banned for encouraging her to be kind to Lysa Terkeurst. I pointed out that, with her following, she could influence a lot of women by setting an example of mercy and compassion. The funny thing is, until then I had pushed back rather forcefully in some things and she alway replied and moved on. Mentioning mercy and compassion was my mistake. 

I think we need a "How I was Banned by Lori" thread. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think we need a "How I was Banned by Lori" thread. 

Love it! I am also curious how many here arrived here from being banned or deleted by her.

59a7329118a16_selfcontrol.JPG.d0e19cf63a1aefe94d1df6de1e35a398.JPG

How Lori could control her fleshly desires:

1. Resist the urge to peek in people's houses.
  2. Fight the compulsion to look in drawers, closets and medicine cabinets when she is a guest in people's homes.
  3. Stop posting pictures of ramshackled houses along with snarky comments.  

Believe it & begin practicing it, Lori!

17 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Love it! I am also curious how many here arrived here from being banned or deleted by her.

You make an interesting point. Now I too wonder how many would have been perfectly content to keep following her, had she allowed actual discussion on her posts. She gets crazy with her deleting and banning and people start looking into how others feel about her, and they end up here?? A quick Google search - free from any GOGGLE TACTICS, for sure - would lead them here.  She shoots herself in the foot several times a week by leading once loyal readers straight to her "haters."  It's so funny I am almost embarrassed for her.  

*I ended up here after Googling Zsu. I had to know if people were discussing her special brand of crazy and - I FOUND MY PEOPLE!  

17 hours ago, Florita said:

How Lori could control her fleshly desires:

1. Resist the urge to peek in people's houses.
  2. Fight the compulsion to look in drawers, closets and medicine cabinets when she is a guest in people's homes.
  3. Stop posting pictures of ramshackled houses along with snarky comments.  

Believe it & begin practicing it, Lori!

I have a bone to pick with Lori's Notebook sermon.  

She writes "a fruit of the spirit is self control." The scripture begins with "THE FRUIT of the spirit is... " The fruit is singular, so each quality listed is A PART OF one fruit - like a layer. Until you have mastered all of them, you have not mastered THE FRUIT of the Spirit.  

So self control is not A FRUIT of the spirit. It is one component of THE FRUIT of the spirit. Also, because I'm sure she needs another reminder REVELATION is singular. 

Side note. I have NO IDEA, why I am going back and forth on the CAPS but it is KIND OF FUN. 

I'll see myself out. 

I got banned from the super sekret chat room when Lori asked how to respond to her Aunt Ginny, who dared to post liberal political views on her own damn Facebook account.  I suggested that she simply not read her aunt's Facebook if she disagreed with her so much, just as Lori wanted people who didn't agree with her to ignore her blog. 

And then I added that if she fell compelled to respond at all, perhaps she could acknowledge that what dear Aunt Ginny was espousing was exactly what Jesus would do and how Jesus would act. 

I think it was that last bit that got me banned.  Honestly, it was just like when I was a kid and I said something that was so true but I knew it would piss my dad off but I just couldn't help saying it, knowing I'd end up being smacked so hard I'd fly into a wall. It was simply so worth it that I said it anyway. And never regretted it, because I knew that he knew (and Lori knew) that I was right. 

10 hours ago, EowynW said:

Really???!! That bitch. 

We don't blame God or the church, you fool. Many of us are believers. But we know you are not a truth teller and you distort the scriptures and paint a twisted picture of God & his ways. 

Maybe people blame God or the Church because the Godly Mentor tells people that disagree with her that they need to take it up with God, not her.  She is merely the mouthpiece of the God of the Universe(tm).

Perhaps if she doesn't want people disagreeing with God/the church she should STOP placing the blame on them herself.

I wonder what life would be like if Lori said "no" to all those fleshly desires she tells her followers to say "no" to. Hmmmmmm.

Lori loves to quote commentaries "of old". Like this one, that is a perfect illustration of misogyny and isn't even "biblical", let alone Christian. Lori is very ignorant if she thinks that this is in the Bible! 

“And this they say is what is meant by the woman’s being an helpmeet for man, that while he is abroad about his business, she is , ‘sitting at home’, and keeping his house; and this they observe is the glory and honor of the woman” (Gill’s Exposition).

This one is pretty good, actually. She should take it to heart and perhaps she'd stop critizicing, snooping around and gossipping.

“That the gospel may not be injuriously spoken of, on account of the inconsistent lives of those who profess to be influenced by it. The idea is, that religion ought to produce the virtues here spoken of, and that when it does not, it will be reproached as being of no value” (Barnes’ Notes).

Let's see. Jesus said that they will know that we are his disciples by the love we have for one-another.  I guess that cultivating love is not a bad place to start. Then He said something about doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. Another good one to practice. Would you want people peeping through your windows, Lori? Posting pictures of your home on instagram with snarky remarks? If you wouldn't, then don't do it! 

According to this quote, lori is an adversary too. Most of her posts include some version of "women today falsely believe", "even women in the Church falsely believe", etc....  

The adversary is eager to exaggerate the faults of a few, and to lay the blame on the whole Church and its doctrines” (Jamieson-Fausset Commentary)

She doesn't seem to realize that she is asking for her words to be picked apart.  She won't engage in healthy discussion of different perspectives. She has set herself up as a teacher and is only willing to learn from those she chooses to listen to, like the Pearls or her beloved commentaries of old.  She's too sure of her own interpretation.  

She's like the pharisees in the way she teaches because she does whatever she wants while she judges and admonishes her followers.  

From the Amazon reviews of The Power of a Transformed Wife:

I agree that the wife needs to submit to her husband, be a keeper at home and raise her children well. However, please do not learn these things from Lori. She is so egotistical, nieve, and prideful. I have had interactions on Facebook with her leading me to believe she is a false teacher. Her opinions (made with little research) are gospel truth in her mind. She does not have a teachable spirit. Please read your Bible instead of anything by Lori Alexander.

I predict that her post today will get loads of feedback.  The title?

WOMEN ARE NOT MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD

45 minutes ago, Koala said:

I predict that her post today will get loads of feedback.  The title?

WOMEN ARE NOT MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD

Oh my! She's really putting some effort into trying to go viral again! This will delight the MRAs.

Lori didn't even write today's post. She's trying to go viral without having to take responsibility for what she publishes.

So whose image was woman created then? Satan? Is that the implication? And man is here to save and make her godly. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So whose image was woman created then? Satan? Is that the implication? And man is here to save and make her godly. 

The idea some hold is that woman was created in man's image.

Then if woman was created in man's image shouldn't we be masculine, LOL. We should wear masculine colors and act manly!

On another topic I was reading this

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/08/30/hurricane-harvey-and-two-humble-pastoral-responses/

and this part really made me think about Lori 

Recently, there has been a lot of social media hoopla over Joel Osteen and his megachurch, Lakewood, and how they were slow to open up the facility for disaster relief (here’s an article that seems to be more unbaised than others).

The important message regarding the Osteen/Lakewood attention is that the world is watching to see what church leaders and Christians do during this ongoing natural disaster. Are we doing what we should be doing in a crisis? Are we walking the talk?

Thankfully, I’ve seen some beautiful people doing more walking than talking.

Lori has said even recently how people are always watching Christians, but what the hell does she do about the hurricane...NOTHING. She isn't even walking the talk, she goes even further by not even talking. Not even a mention or prayer for the disaster. She is too busy up on her 9 plus week vacation looking at "big flowers" and chipmunks squirrels to be concerned.  We know she won't even donate any money cause that would mean less vacation time and they don't believe in tithing so why would they donate to a charity. 

Lori:

If you will notice, the verse states that God created MAN in His image, in the image of God He created HIM, then it goes on to say that God created male and female. The verse the Apostle Paul wrote states the same thing but goes on to say that whereas man is the image and glory of God, woman is the glory of man.

This annoys the crap out of me. If you're going to use ONLY the KJV Bible, then by golly, you need to understand the way they used the English language back then. The word "Man" does not mean just the penis owners. It means mankind, humans, humankind. Which, last time I checked, includes WOMEN. 

I swear, I have never in my life seen a more black-and-white-thinking literalist. :angry-banghead:

Her post proves what a false believer she is. She is dead wrong. Make and female are made in gods image. She's like debi pearl who believes women are created in the image of man. Weak and watered down versions of God's image. 

31 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Lori:

This annoys the crap out of me. If you're going to use ONLY the KJV Bible, then by golly, you need to understand the way they used the English language back then. The word "Man" does not mean just the penis owners. It means mankind, humans, humankind. Which, last time I checked, includes WOMEN. 

I swear, I have never in my life seen a more black-and-white-thinking literalist. :angry-banghead:

It LITERALLY took me no more than five minutes to research the original Greek (using Strong's Concordance) and    אָדָם means man, mankind. And when you continue to read the verse, mankind would make the most sense.

Devil's Advocate for a moment:  Let's say there's credence to what she and her kin are saying....women are not made in the image of God, women are the imperfect version of man..etc etc etc.  We serve no other purpose on Earth than to compliment this Godly image and create more Godly images.  

If this were common knowledge, why would *any* woman with free will choose to be a pawn in a deity's game?  You break it down to it's base idea and we are tools, thus why some of her more fervent MRA's refer to women as "objects".  It makes no sense why we are capable of learning past an 8th grade level at all.  Surely the Almighty would have stunted our knowledge level to just above basic instincts and allowed the male of the species to always be the most capable.  Given that Eve also ate of the fruit and was given free will and understanding, it completely screws up all their blathering.  Yes women are pissed about being downtrodden or stuck in a corner, anyone with a will would be!  

My personal "why are we here" was never really driven by awe...it was always driven by the sense that our world existed as an amusement, kind of like the tiny little town models people build.  I don't like the idea of being anyone's toy, divine or otherwise.  

The level of arrogance this woman has, believing she is of some divine mandate...I can't even.  Her pride is on point with Warren Jeffs', and we all see where that psycho ended up.

From Webster's Dictionary 1828 (a/k/a Ye Olde Dictionary of Olde):

definition.thumb.JPG.a04a2155f54e961a1f46def4cf977584.JPG

What a surprise (sarcastic voice)! "Man" means "mankind" and it even quotes Genesis.Too bad Lori has an unteachable heart brain or she could learn this.  

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

In other words, I am going to pretend abuse doesn't exist.

Not to mention the assertion that submission can't possibly be related to abuse. If I read it correctly, it seems to suggest that drawing comparisons between the two things is... a deception by Satan?! (Someone correct me if I misread that!) Is it really so hard for some people to imagine that preaching how women should always submit to their husbands would, in some cases, lead to wives tolerating abusive behavior from their husbands and believing it is acceptable and/or even deserved?

From Aunt Lori's bullshit folder trying-to-go-viral-again post:  'God’s inspired Word tells us that the man “is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.” A man is like God in a sense that a woman is not like God. For example, God is masculine. Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy, false prophetess of so-called Christian Science, calls God“our Father-Mother God,” but that is wholly unscriptural.'  

So why does Matthew 23:37 read 'O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!' As a hen? That sounds like a mother to me.  

Lori just went on a deleting spree on fb. I didn't capture it but she had a very civil conversation with a disagreeing woman earlier. The woman thanked Lori in the end and Lori said "you're welcome", but its all gone now! Lori got the last word in just like she likes. 

I hope someone caught it because it just makes no sense to delete any of that. 

The Transformed Wife Your opinion and interpretation Lori. Your preaching is so demeaning, and frankly leads to abuse of women. I've seen you say if a husband abuses his wife she should go to the Church first. For what? To be around a group of men who thrive on that kind of Spiritual abuse? For what? So the women such as yourself can tell her to "suffer in silence"? So men like Michael Pearl can tell her the remedy to an abusive husband is to have sex with him? You still fail to even acknowledge all the female leaders in the Bible. My personal favorite being Deborah. She was a Judge over Israel. She led men in battle. You have said that was Old Testament. Jesus came to fulfill the law,not abolish it. New Testament Lydia was a merchant trader...head of her house selling the best of the best. A real CEO. You elevate men to God-like status, while insisting women become emotionless non-thinking entities. I am so, so thankful for my Godly, Christian husband. He understands the true meaning of headship. He understands my voice, my opinion, my work are all equal to his. We are one with each other/ one in Christ.

I caught this before it was deleted.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived