IGNORED

Lori Alexander 28: Not Liking Children

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Lying Lazy Lori's testimony that she loves waking early and reading and studying (when she's not bothered by those pesky grandchildren, that is)...

I call bullshit on that one  

I am not I interested enough to find the reference, but I clearly remember Lori recently stating that one of the reasons she loves not working outside the home is that she can sleep as late as she wants, particularly after she's had a bad night's rest. 

Which just goes to prove that she truly is lying. And lazy.  Life is nice when you can sleep as late as you want (more proof Ken cooks his own breakfast) and ask others to do things for you (because it's so much easier). She is truly irredeemable  

It's funny on instagram the people who are taking her rain gutter garden question seriously. Shows how dense her followers are.

I have turned nocturnal, I swear. I do get up when it's light outside though. I don't have a job currently so I imagine when I get a job I'll be back to normal scheduling. If I do get up early for whatever reason I tend to sleep in longer the next day. I can survive on little sleep/fumes, although I'm not kidding myself that it'll prepare me for kids when I have them. I'm definitely a night owl. 

Somehow, if I were one of Lori's kids and I needed to evacuate to Lori and Ken's house, I think I would prefer for them to stay in another state and just have the house for my little family.

And I've been a night owl my whole life. Nice to meet my people. :my_biggrin:

I'm also a night owl by nature. Up until 3am, sleep until 11-ish. If left to my own devices, I will sleep pretty much exactly 8 hours. However, right now, sleep is a commodity that is only available when I'm drugged into insensibility. Fucking car accident. I maybe get 4 hours at a stretch before the pain wakes me out of a dead sleep. 

6 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

It's funny on instagram the people who are taking her rain gutter garden question seriously. Shows how dense her followers are.

I know that one of them isn't taking her seriously. :my_biggrin:

8 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I am not I interested enough to find the reference, but I clearly remember Lori recently stating that one of the reasons she loves not working outside the home is that she can sleep as late as she wants, particularly after she's had a bad night's rest. 

I remember that too.  I'll see if I can find the quote.

This is what Lori says she's always done:

August 29, 2017 at 10:18 am

I go to bed around 9:00 pm and wake up around 5:00 am all year around. I love having the mornings to study and read. When I am with my grandchildren, I am up and caring for them which I love to do.

This is what she sad in her post about loving being at home full time on June 8th. 

I love never having to wake up to an alarm. If I’ve had a rough night of sleep or can’t sleep, I don’t worry about it because I know I don’t have to go to a job in the morning.

One commenter said:

You never had to set an alarm? That must be nice, haha.

And Lori replied:

No, because I go to bed early and wake up early! You sound very busy, Trina, but hard work is good.

She may well keep that schedule. Not that it makes much of a difference. Whether she gets up at 5 or a 10, I don't think she qualifies as a "Proverbs 31" woman.  

Lori:

I know some of these adversaries. They read every word I write and try to find anything in my past or present life to discredit me and what I teach. When they do find “dirt” on Christians, they place all of the blame on the Church and God’s ways

Would it be better if people didn't read every word she writes ON THE INTERNET, ON HER VERY PUBLIC BLOG?   Maybe that would help, because then they wouldn't realize that she contradicts herself on an almost daily basis.

If she isn't lying, then there should be no way to discredit her.  No one made her post these things, and contrary to Ken's assertion when he was here, reading her blog is not like reading her diary.  No one has to dig up any dirt on Lori- she posts it for all the world to see.  

Her problem is that she can't remember all of the lies she's told, so people are able to quote her and prove that she's lying.  

When Lori is caught in a lie, no one that I've ever seen blames the church or "God's Ways".  Lori alone is responsible for the lies she tells her readers.  Lori alone is responsible for her own hypocrisy.  

What Lori is *really* doing, is asking her readers not to point it out when they catch her in a lie. She  wants them to believe that she's trying to avoid bringing shame to "God's ways", but what she's really doing is securing her spot as The Godly Mentor.  No one listens to someone who lies all the time.

She must spend hours a day reading FJ....probably makes her delete finger twitch.  

What would you call Lori's style of writing with such things as this post title? Writing in the negative tense? Whatever it is, it drives me BATTY!! So many of her titles are "Learning to NOT" do something. How about "Living so we avoid blasphemy"? Of course, Ken does the same thing. He often writes things like "can we not..." "Would or not be better to...?"  

One of Lori's vacation projects should ave been a snort writing course. 

Also, I am really sick and tired of her use of  the scripture about "bearing and raising children" when she has a daughter dealing with infertility. 

IMG_8272.PNG

I swear she is intentionally trying to hurt her.  I remember once the daughter posted a picture of her puppy, and Lori (who knew her struggles with infertility) commented to say a baby would be better.

I also notice that when her daughter is open about her struggles, the aunts respond in a comforting way, while Lori ignores her.  It's awful....

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I swear she is intentionally trying to hurt her.  I remember once the daughter posted a picture of her puppy, and Lori (who knew her struggles with infertility) commented to say a baby would be better.

I also notice that when her daughter is open about her struggles, the aunts respond in a comforting way, while Lori ignores her.  It's awful....

Really???!! That bitch. 

We don't blame God or the church, you fool. Many of us are believers. But we know you are not a truth teller and you distort the scriptures and paint a twisted picture of God & his ways. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I must have missed this. How fucking awful can a person be?!

does alyssa still have the dog? I haven't seen her post about Jax in awhile.

ETA: she just did a couple days ago

I don't place any blame on the church or on God. I place all of it on Lori. It isn't even her interpretation of the bible that I take issue with, although I disagree with her on much of what she says. My main problem with her is her lack of kindness and compassion. It is possible to encourage women toward a new attitude and behavior while also acknowledging the difficulty and pain they are experiencing. Yes, sometimes loving requires firmness--but compassion is never the wrong place to start.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

What would you call Lori's style of writing with such things as this post title? Writing in the negative tense? Whatever it is, it drives me BATTY!! So many of her titles are "Learning to NOT" do something. How about "Living so we avoid blasphemy"? Of course, Ken does the same thing. He often writes things like "can we not..." "Would or not be better to...?"  

I once read an article that talked about how the words that we use frequently are indicative of our mental state. It was mainly directed at changing our negative thought process by "rerecording" our internal tape recorder by choosing new ways to word phrases that contain negative words much in the way you rewrote Lori's words above. 

Her use of the word adversary is interesting. She seems to truly feel that she's a living symbol of her god, that she embodies everything she preaches and lives a righteous and exemplary life. Her ways, and by extention God's ways, make her a pariah. She's fighting a battle that doesn't exist outside of her own mind. What a sad way to live. 

A commenter on facebook says:

Why is everything you write or preach ( yes, I know you "teach" not "preach")..so condemning toward woman? I am a Christian wife, mother, homemaker and worker outside-the-home. I have read Proverbs 31 many,many times. No where does it say she had an "in-home" business. It does say she ran a business and bought and purchased land with her OWN earnings. Again, not husbands salary, her salary! It says she never feared for her household..even her servants were well clothed( no false modesty of thrift stores). It never says she stays home all day cooking, cleaning or having her children glued to her. She was out in the world working. Chloe and Lydia were head of their households, and Deborah led men in battle!! She was Judge over Israel! She was in charge of the men in war!! For goodness sake why do you never, ever mention any of these strong women as role models? They are in the Bible too.

Lori responds (abbreviated)

I teach Titus 2:4, 5 and all of the passages dealing with godly womanhood. 

Are you implying that the women this commenter mentioned weren't biblical enough?  They are in the Bible.....

Commenter:

Ok..your view. I work outside the home. My husband appreciates it as it eases his stress about having all the financial burden. That's submission. He also has no injury to his masculinity when I work nights and he helps with laundry, cooking or cleaning. That's an example of equality, submitting one to the other.

Lori:

"equality, submitting one to the other" is not biblical. You have put your ways above God's. There is not one place in the entire Bible that commands husband to submit to their wives. Wives are to be the keepers at home and men the providers. You are going your own way, instead of the Lord's perfect way for us. (Yes, in submission to your husband, if he calls you to work outside of the home, this is what you must do since wives are commanded to submit to their husbands.)

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. (Ephesians 5) Not sure how the Lord could have been any clearer than this!

The Bible:

Ephesians 5:21  submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Sorry, Lori, you're wrong.  The concept of mutual submission does appear in the Bible. There are also women who were leaders in there and there is not one passage that forbids women from having jobs.   Men are not "commanded" to lead, they are told to love. The word "role" is not in there.  Need I go on?  

Lori:

If we are not being sober, loving and obeying our husbands, bearing and raising children, discreet, chaste, keepers of the home and guiding the home, we are telling the world that our wisdom and ways are better than God’s. We are telling them that His ways are not for today, not culturally relevant, and they don’t work. We are blaspheming Him by doing this!

Here, let me fix that for you:

When we take Bible passages out of context and distort its meaning to suit our own agenda, we are telling the world that our wisdom and ways are better than God’s. We are telling them that we must look to commentators of old through the filter of a bitter, self-serving woman. We are blaspheming Him by doing this!

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I'd call it split infinitives, but then I'm an English teacher.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

She must spend hours a day reading FJ....probably makes her delete finger twitch.  

She has said before that she doesn't read things that her detractors write, but she's surely at FJ. From time to time I see aspects of our discussions here in her posts not long after. It's subtle, but it's there. Not just topics, but certain word choices. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.

She obviously stays current on the doings of other Christian women who teach others. She addresses their teachings (and in one case, their divorce) directly in her posts.

Will she ever talk about FJ in a post? I think not, because her followers might come here and see just how much she's been deceiving them.

WTF Lori!? Who says something like that? You are a horrible person and so-called mother. PS I hope you do read here.

"I don't read what my detractors write" bwahahaha. I bet she does. She talks such crap and contradicts herself constantly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was another lie.

4 hours ago, molecule said:

I don't place any blame on the church or on God. I place all of it on Lori. It isn't even her interpretation of the bible that I take issue with, although I disagree with her on much of what she says. My main problem with her is her lack of kindness and compassion. It is possible to encourage women toward a new attitude and behavior while also acknowledging the difficulty and pain they are experiencing. Yes, sometimes loving requires firmness--but compassion is never the wrong place to start.

I think she has more of a problem with women who are Christians, believe in the Bible, and still reject her mistaken interpretation of it than anything else.  It seems to me that she is quickest to delete these from her blog and facebook.  (i.e. when she deletes people quoting Scripture).

Her recent posts made me itch to ask that if Ken's interpretation of women working outside the home is so different from hers (since he apparently employs women) - then how can she be both submissive (in this week's definition of final say on Bible interpretation) and continue to teach the opposite?  Shouldn't she be conforming to Ken's understanding and application of scripture? <sarc>

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived