IGNORED

Stop the presses! Christopher's lost thermos was found!

Justme

The goat story killed me.

I woke up in the morning. It was a delightful sunny day. As I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I noticed that someone had used up all the toothpaste. I wasn't sure what to do. No one in our family ever uses up the toothpaste. While I stood there praying that God would give me the wisdom to know how to act in this situation, Mary appeared at the door with a new tube of toothpaste. She really blessed me with that! We prayed together and then I brushed my teeth with the toothpaste.

Yah, my journal entries used to look like that, when I was FIVE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, for god's sake.

The Maxwell's God really does love them above all others, doesn't He? When he's not planning their weddings, he's finding their lost thermoses and saving them from killer goats.

You'd think with umpteen family members they'd have interesting stories to blog about...

First the cicadas and now the thermos. They are blessed. I just wish they would use they considerable powers of Godly persuasion to do something like : convince God to cure cancer rather than focusing on lost kitchen items and bugs.

Do they ever pray for anything but themselves? I've seen an occasion "we'll keep you in our prayers" after a blog comment. But never any kind of indication they pray for others or events.

Do they ever pray for anything but themselves? I've seen an occasion "we'll keep you in our prayers" after a blog comment. But never any kind of indication they pray for others or events.

I THINK they mentioned the Japan Earthquake...

They've deliberately cut themselves off from the world to such an extent that they are pretty much incapable of praying for anything other than themselves.

First the cicadas and now the thermos. They are blessed. I just wish they would use they considerable powers of Godly persuasion to do something like : convince God to cure cancer rather than focusing on lost kitchen items and bugs.

I can't remember where I got this, but it was titled The Incredible Shrinking God:

Seems to me that Christians worship the incredible shrinking god. I

mean at one time it was supposedly capable of flinging thousands of

billions of galaxies into existence with a mere thought. By the time of

Noah, it was reduced to flooding an insignificant speck in the cosmos.

By the time of Moses, its best trick was moving a tiny portion of a

minor sea aside for a short while. By the time of Jesus, it has to send

a delegate on its behalf who leaves behind only rumors that he was able

to turn water into another beverage, or render himself extra buoyant.

Now it counts as a miracle if a water stain grows mold that kind of

looks like a bearded face which could be claimed to resemble this

supposed delegate. How much more pathetic can this god get? How do

Christians manage to sing praises of its glory and greatness without

feeling like fools--or at best, like new parents gushing over their

toddler's ability to make a pee.

The goat story killed me.

I woke up in the morning. It was a delightful sunny day. As I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I noticed that someone had used up all the toothpaste. I wasn't sure what to do. No one in our family ever uses up the toothpaste. While I stood there praying that God would give me the wisdom to know how to act in this situation, Mary appeared at the door with a new tube of toothpaste. She really blessed me with that! We prayed together and then I brushed my teeth with the toothpaste.

Yah, my journal entries used to look like that, when I was FIVE.

LMAO! :lol: And I could totally see that being a Maxwell post.

Archived