IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 1: Front Hugging Before Courting

Coconut Flan

There is no way Carlin would let Josie marry before her. Carlin is older, and it's "her turn." Josie seems like a more laid-back and introverted person, so I could see her getting engaged near the end of Carlin's engagement, but if Josie wants attention too than watch out! It's going to be Carlin Carlin Carlin and fundie zoolander for 3+ months. 

But...Carlin and Evan ARE courting, even if they aren't engaged (Bates family blog with upcoming tv episodes confirmed this), so should we change the thread title?

As far as I know Josie has not announced a courtship yet. 

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Zoolander have a job? Well they are totally into each other. Predicting an engagement and then a courtship for Josie. There is nothing else for the girls to really look forward to. Once they get married, they can do what they want...and they know it. That's the part I just don't get.

10 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

How does one Serve The Lord as a Cosmetologist?  I am trying to understand this. 

My thought exactly! Good for her that she is actually getting a profession, even if she’ll only use it to do style family and friends while being a stay at home mum. 

Now I made myself sad by realising mid sentence that she’ll probably never work outside the home. Nothing wrong with that at all if it’s a choice you make. I’d go crazy. 

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Josie mentioned on the show that she would use cosmetology as ministry. But let me tell you, if my hairdresser started proselytizing to me, that would be the very abrupt end of that haircut. 

I dunno, I've had some, er, interesting conversations with hairdressers about UFOs...I just couldn't make myself leave mid-haircut.

11 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

How does one Serve The Lord as a Cosmetologist?  I am trying to understand this. 

She could do hair and make-up for weddings for her church.
Also, according to their interpretation of the Bible, women are supposed to always look good for their husbands right? So if she helps those women look good for their husbands, that could be seen as serving the lord.
Though I absolutely agree with you that saying someone is "going to serve the lord" as a cosmotologist is kind of weird. I think they need to say this to make this profession seem godly enough for parents to allow their daughters to pursue an education like this, and because they are a christian college and need to reaffirm this continuously. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, albireo said:

I dunno, I've had some, er, interesting conversations with hairdressers about UFOs...I just couldn't make myself leave mid-haircut.

Thankfully the only major non-hair-related persuasions I've gotten from hairdressers have been about good restaurants in my neighborhood (turned out that the lady cutting my hair used to live in my neck of the woods and recommended a pretty bomb Dominican place) and things to see in Japan (I go to a Japanese salon now and the lady who does my hair is from just outside of Kyoto, which is a city I've always wanted to visit). 

16 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Well I have heard the saying “ the higher the hair the closer to God “. :content:

My hairdresser can proselytize all she wants. She is my SIL and goes to my church.[emoji16]

It's probably just the courtship proposal. I doubt she would've been engaged this long with no announcement. The Bateses do extremely over-the-top courtship proposals that are more like elaborate marriage proposals. Somehow all the male suitors have independently arrived at this method of asking their Bates girlfriends to court, I guess. :my_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

So...are Carlin and Evan engaged or was this elaborate setup for the courtship proposal?

That's the setup for the courtship proposal. They showed Evan setting that table and box during the promo. And Carlin is wearing the same dress in the pictures.

These elaborate courtship proposals are getting ridiculous. They're already dating and saying "I love you," and the courtship literally changes nothing. Why the big proposal when you're just going to have to try to top it for an engagement proposal in 3 months anyway? 

Side note that I also hate the trend of "promposals" just for the record.

I think Carlin is going to expect an over-the-top marriage proposal--at someplace more exotic than a nearby state park. 

I hope she yodels her "yes."

12 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

The Bateses instagram sure makes it look like Carlin just got engaged.

That was from the day he asked her to court. At least one episode title for the new season heavily hints that Carlin’s courtship proposal will be shown.

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Like, Carlin, like, sounds so, like, mature in that video. Like, OMG.

Yeah......I don't know if it's the contrast  of the video but Evan looks like he's wearing pink lipstick and Carlin is so immature, wow..........I hope in allowing the courtship to go ahead Gil could stop her whining and yapping about being with Evan forever and ever, and hopefully that will satisfy them for awhile, but Carlin stated she was jealous of her own sister on her wedding day...and then admitted it on a public social media forum so.....serious lack of self-awareness or just immature and self seeking.... so I doubt it will.

They have so much growing up to do. I mean, I know all personalities differ and there are many factors which make people the way they are, but look at Whitney at 20, she was about to marry Zach and have her first baby, or Alyssa at 19, or Tori at 21!

Carlin is like a little girl with a mind full of romance and marshmallows and kissy photos of Evan.
If they do get married within the next year, it'll be interesting hearing them all explain how everyone thinks they are so "ready" for marriage....LOL yeah right!!!

Those fundies sure know how to bullshit!

The first year of marriage will be an eye-opener for Carlin.....Evan too but I think especially Carlin.

I like how Erin talks about how some of her siblings just aren't mature or ready for marriage, I know she set up Evan and Carlin, but honestly? Let's face it, Carlin was like a dog salivating waiting for the first boy to tell her she's beautiful and amazing and gush over her all day everyday. Enter: Evan.

9 hours ago, Marly said:

She could do hair and make-up for weddings for her church.
Also, according to their interpretation of the Bible, women are supposed to always look good for their husbands right? So if she helps those women look good for their husbands, that could be seen as serving the lord.
Though I absolutely agree with you that saying someone is "going to serve the lord" as a cosmotologist is kind of weird. I think they need to say this to make this profession seem godly enough for parents to allow their daughters to pursue an education like this, and because they are a christian college and need to reaffirm this continuously. :rolleyes:

I think the Duggar daughters said something in their book about glorifying the Lord by making what he gave them or some such rot. 

I just messaged the administrators to tell them she's courting.  Guess we should change the title of this message? 

I already changed the thread title once this morning to take out the question.  I'm happy with it as it is now. 

They continue to disappoint me. 

Scavengerhunt proposal? Already done by at least one person in their family. 

Carlin had "no idea" and had a million things running through her head at the dam? Bet she thought they were getting engaged.

He's set the bar very happy for when he proposes marriage to her. Maybe it'll be a surprise skydiving adventure where she lands in a field of hundreds of roses while Evans sings.

On that note, I look forward to evan singing during tonight's episode. And when they get engaged. And at the wedding. I have expectations it will be grander than TFDW could ever deliver.

I think these elaborate proposals (courtship and marriage) are staged for the show. The couples have probably been courting or engaged for a while. I also think social posts are planned and controlled to some extent. It all seems to perfect not to be.

Carlin's man wrote her a song, y'all. 

Who's gonna take one for the team and give it a listen? I would but I have an Android... Darn...

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived