IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 1: Front Hugging Before Courting

Coconut Flan

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2017 at 5:49 PM, llg1234 said:

Carlin and Evan went  on a date. Carlin, once again, proclaimed that it was the best time ever. It's amazing that Evan is constantly able to outdo himself.

Like something on Pinterest--"Go on a Pick-up Truck date and look at the stars" .....

Carlin and Evan are holding hands in her Instagram story. I’d say that’s look-at-me Carlin’s way of sneakily announcing their courtship, since I’m sure Gil and UP would prefer to wait for a new season.

19 hours ago, FundiePrincess said:

Carlin and Evan are holding hands in her Instagram story. I’d say that’s look-at-me Carlin’s way of sneakily announcing their courtship, since I’m sure Gil and UP would prefer to wait for a new season.

They were already holding hands in one of their Instagram posts... but I agree I think they started courting sometime in the summer and will announce when the new season starts

FF4E7AA3-EFB4-40FA-85C7-1AFC1501D77A.jpeg

I thought Alyssa and some of the Bates kids already went to Disney?

The Duggar Disney ep was hilarious because Michelle looked like a kid again and none of her own children looked like they haf any idea who any of those people were. They clearly did not pay for that themselves.

56 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I thought Alyssa and some of the Bates kids already went to Disney?

The Duggar Disney ep was hilarious because Michelle looked like a kid again and none of her own children looked like they haf any idea who any of those people were. They clearly did not pay for that themselves.

Am I wrong or did John Webster propose at Disney or some theme park? I thought I heard or read that somewhere but I may be mistaken.

ETA: I just looked it up, the proposal was at a Disney resort not the theme park but I wouldn't doubt they've been.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:39 PM, HereticHick said:

"#Jesuslovesthemall"

Lol! Carlin honey, Jesus does love the Mall. That’s where he gets his sandals. And where he preaches to the heathens in the food court. His favorite spot is near Sbarro, those heathens love a good slice of pizza. 

Kelton looks like such a dudebro, I can't get over it. Speaking of...

He definitely doesn't have nearly as strict modesty standards (3rd from the right) :pearlclutching:

I know it won't mean anything, but how soon after she's married will Carlin break out the skinny jeans?  All these recent poses would look so much more natural than in that skirt she wears (I am probably being BEC about it, but it's such a strange cut - seems like something the same length but with more and lighter-weight material would be more her style)

24 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I know it won't mean anything, but how soon after she's married will Carlin break out the skinny jeans?  All these recent poses would look so much more natural than in that skirt she wears (I am probably being BEC about it, but it's such a strange cut - seems like something the same length but with more and lighter-weight material would be more her style)

I can definitely see Carlin and Josie buying the thrift stores out of their pants selection once they wed. Tori not so much.

I guess time will tell.

And random question but are Alyssa and John Webster the only Bates couple without their own thread? Or am I just missing it?

55 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

And random question but are Alyssa and John Webster the only Bates couple without their own thread? Or am I just missing it?

I asked this question a while back. I think they don't have their own thread because they don't use social media as often. Alyssa has taken breaks and they also don't appear on the show often.

43 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

I asked this question a while back. I think they don't have their own thread because they don't use social media as often. Alyssa has taken breaks and they also don't appear on the show often.

I suppose that makes sense although I feel like Alyssa uses social media more than Michael and appears on the show as frequently. Oh well I was just curious. :my_blush:

@Seculardaisy @ColeJo

they had their own thread a while ago. But after Alyssa stopped using her public  Instagram there was nothing to talk about. She wasn’t on the show much and only used her private social media. She is back on her public account from now and then but it seems there isn’t enough for her own thread. Michael and Brandon do post on the blog from time to time and with her opening up about infertility struggles there is more to talk about. 

I would love to know what she thinks about her new style and the vague comment about sticking with two kids for now though. But as she is not as open as Michael I won’t get those answers.

I like that her daughters aren’t on the internet as much as the other children. At least not on the public account.

I always thought Bobby was cuter than any of the current Bates suitors. However, that shirtless race photo from Instagram featuring Kelton is giving me other thoughts. I'm a 30 year old married woman...I'll go see myself to the prayer closet now.

On 10/23/2017 at 1:14 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I always thought Bobby was cuter than any of the current Bates suitors. However, that shirtless race photo from Instagram featuring Kelton is giving me other thoughts. I'm a 30 year old married woman...I'll go see myself to the prayer closet now.

definitely agree with you on Bobby, do NOT at all see it in Kelton no matter how ripped he tries to look.....lol

On 10/21/2017 at 3:15 PM, VBOY9977 said:

They were already holding hands in one of their Instagram posts... but I agree I think they started courting sometime in the summer and will announce when the new season starts

FF4E7AA3-EFB4-40FA-85C7-1AFC1501D77A.jpeg

This is a change from what the other girls have done. I remember Michael and Erin not holding hands until engagement. 

Anyone one else follow Evan on Instagram and notice that his story involved what I think are some of his siblings in Halloween costumes? I was surprised to see it. 

Evan is celebrating Halloween!  That seems pretty non-fundie to me. As much as he seems like an immature teenager, I do wonder if he and Carlin will do things a bit differently. 

Double posting (yikes!)

Carlin and Evan had a date day(?)

Spoiler

tbh, Top Golf gives me flashbacks of my party days. That was a favorite place for the guys at the bar I worked at. Maybe it's a different scene in TN.

Some commenter got all excited about Carlin's left hand ring and asked if she was engaged.

Carlin responds: "No, I'm not...but I wouldn't mind it."

Ugh, Carlin. There's more to life than marriage.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:12 PM, 3 ring circus said:

This is a change from what the other girls have done. I remember Michael and Erin not holding hands until engagement. 

The Bates couples have all set slightly different standards from each other with the exception of 3 basics rules, 1. No kissing, 2. No sexual contact and 3. No being alone together. Although, we know at least Whit and Zach broke the no kissing rule. 

I tend to believe that the Bates children make these decisions themselves, whereas I think the Duggars are forced to the same standards. 

Kelly has said that as a family they have shifted towards "dating with a purpose" as opposed to the very strict courtship model that failed with Zach. They seem to now believe that not every interest is meant to be, but also dating is about find your spouse not casual fun. 

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived