IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 1: Front Hugging Before Courting

Coconut Flan

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Why do they keep doing those feeding each other pictures? They’re annoying af

I know Freud would say that sometimes a chicken nugget is just a chicken nugget, but...

And she's got the pout down.  Carlin. Carlin. Carlin.  She's going to marry a guy more as equally as attention-whoring as she is. 

I'm going to say the engagement happens this month ( we need to have the courtship formally announced on BuB first and clarification it started around August).

Wedding will be in late April so Carlin is technically not a teen bride.

5 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm going to say the engagement happens this month ( we need to have the courtship formally announced on BuB first and clarification it started around August).

Wedding will be in late April so Carlin is technically not a teen bride.

I hope the wedding sermon is about how there's more to life than being really, really ridiculously good-looking. 

13 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

She's going to marry a guy more as equally as attention-whoring as she is. 

They're going to be the Bennifer of the fundie world, aren't they? 

I'm calling for an I Luv You Day engagement and a May wedding. 

The Crown College spring semester begins in mid Jan. 
I predict that Carlin will not even bother to register for classes.

What if Josie also gets engaged this spring? I'm not sure Carlin is willing to share the spotlight with another bride-to-be.

49 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm calling for an I Luv You Day engagement and a May wedding. 

The Crown College spring semester begins in mid Jan. 
I predict that Carlin will not even both to register for classes.

What if Josie also gets engaged this spring? I'm not sure Carlin is willing to share the spotlight with another bride-to-be.

I think she'll still go to school. If the semester starts in a couple of weeks I think she'll already have registered for classes anyway. I'm betting for a summer wedding or late May at the earliest, as soon as the semester is over and near Memorial Day. Didn't Tori get married as soon as the semester finished too? And isn't she going back this month? I go to college and our last day of finals was December 15th. So far the only one to drop out of school to get married was Erin and that was because the school doesn't allow students to get married during the semester and she got married in November. If she wanted to wait for the semester to finish, chances are she would have gotten married a week after Zach. Didn't Erin also return to school the following semester? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Long story short, I think Carlin will get married in the summer. That way she doesn't have to drop out and can return the following term. But if I'm wrong so be it. These people's minds work in weird ways.

I thought Alyssa was taking classes at Crown but dropped out to plan her wedding. And I just have a feeling that Carlin wants nothing but a MRS degree.  

According to Crown's calendar, class registration doesn't begin till Jan 15: http://thecrowncollege.edu/about-crown/calendar-of-events/

I will be Dumbfounded if Carlin actually earns a bachelor's degree.

7 hours ago, anaandrade said:

I think she'll still go to school. If the semester starts in a couple of weeks I think she'll already have registered for classes anyway. I'm betting for a summer wedding or late May at the earliest, as soon as the semester is over and near Memorial Day. Didn't Tori get married as soon as the semester finished too? And isn't she going back this month? I go to college and our last day of finals was December 15th. So far the only one to drop out of school to get married was Erin and that was because the school doesn't allow students to get married during the semester and she got married in November. If she wanted to wait for the semester to finish, chances are she would have gotten married a week after Zach. Didn't Erin also return to school the following semester? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Long story short, I think Carlin will get married in the summer. That way she doesn't have to drop out and can return the following term. But if I'm wrong so be it. These people's minds work in weird ways.

Erin didn’t drop out. I believe she took a semester off to plan the wedding and then finished up her degree. Michael finished up her Associates degree at a Community College after her wedding too. Alyssa is the married Bates who dropped out without finishing her degree (nothing necessarily wrong with that - college isn’t for everyone.)

Tori and Bobby were engaged in September and married December 16th, the day after the fall semester at Crown ended. She has made it very clear that her education is important to her though and that she wants to finish her degree. I assume she’ll enroll this spring to finish things up. I don’t believe Carlin has stated anything along those lines, but it’s certainly possible she wants to finish her program too.

35 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Erin didn’t drop out. I believe she took a semester off to plan the wedding and then finished up her degree. Michael finished up her Associates degree at a Community College after her wedding too. Alyssa is the married Bates who dropped out without finishing her degree (nothing necessarily wrong with that - college isn’t for everyone.)

Tori and Bobby were engaged in September and married December 16th, the day after the fall semester at Crown ended. She has made it very clear that her education is important to her though and that she wants to finish her degree. I assume she’ll enroll this spring to finish things up. I don’t believe Carlin has stated anything along those lines, but it’s certainly possible she wants to finish her program too.

I was thinking that Erin continued her education and only took the semester off, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up. And I agree that college isn't for everyone. I'm currently still in school and it's so stressful. No problem with Alyssa dropping out if that's what she wanted. I finished my current semester the same day as Tori and I'm  not surprised that she is going back. She definitely values her education, so good for her . I just can't believe that I'm the same age as her and she's already married.

So far, since the only Bates to drop out is Alyssa, I think she'll end up being the exception. I see the future Bateses getting married after they finish college or between semesters like Tori just did or over the summer. Taking a semester off like Erin is also an option.

I'm going to guess that Carlin, as well as Josie, want to finish school. I don't know how much Carlin has left, but I do see her getting engaged this spring and married this summer. It's ideal if she doesn't want to take a semester off yet still stay on track to graduate. This is kind of what Tori is doing right now.

I think Josie's cosmetology degree is only 2 years, which means she only has 2 semesters left and will likely graduate in December this year. I still find it hard to believe that she started college a semester earlier than my sister, who's the same age. The perks of being homeschooled I guess. All of this makes me think she'll likely won't get married until 2019.

Random question: do they boys go to Crown too? I think they mentioned Trace going, but not sure about Zach, Lawson, and Nathan.

2 hours ago, anaandrade said:

Random question: do they boys go to Crown too? I think they mentioned Trace going, but not sure about Zach, Lawson, and Nathan.

IIRC, they encourage all of their kids to attend Crown, in part by offering to pay for their first semester.

Didn’t Trace drop out after on semester as well? I am not sure if any of the boys holds a degree or even went to college. Don’t know about Zach and the police requirements though- so he might have.

Do we have any clue what Carlin is studying at Crown? I know Tori is majoring in education and will (hopefully) earn a (fake) Bachelor's degree. Her getting married this past month shouldn't interfere with her graduating in May. It'Josie is in a two-year cosmetology program and should finish by the end of 2018. So even if she does get married this year, there also shouldn't be an issue. But for Carlin, I think she's only a sophomore, so of she is in a four-year program and gets married this year, she still has two years to go after the wedding. It's unlikely she would make it to her second wedding anniversary without a baby (barring fertility issues, of course), so I think she has a much higher chance of dropping out of school. If she's in a four-year program, that is.

I think Josie finished College this December because she went to summerschool. Carlin is doing the same program as Erin.So I think she has about 2 years left.Therefore Josie could possibly marry before Carlin.

28 minutes ago, Mim said:

I think Josie finished College this December because she went to summerschool. Carlin is doing the same program as Erin.So I think she has about 2 years left.Therefore Josie could possibly marry before Carlin.

I also think Josie finished school. Her instagram bio says "cosmeotologist", seems like a done deal.

2 hours ago, miss_batson said:

I also think Josie finished school. Her instagram bio says "cosmeotologist", seems like a done deal.

Hmmm--but what about licensing?  From Crown's public Facebook page:

Capture.JPG

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Hmmm--but what about licensing?  From Crown's public Facebook page:

She can call herself a cosmetologist, just not a licensed cosmetologist until she passes the exam. :my_cool:

I seriously don't know I'm just saying stuff. I know when you refer to yourself as something people would assume you're licensed.

Josie's cosmetology degree is done - I think Kelly Jo has mentioned her timeline of taking classes on FB live before, and Lily and Ellie's blog also says that Josie just finished last semester. She started "early" too I think, since she just turned 18 in August. So she could definitely get married soon, she seems responsible and practical and fairly mature (enough to plan her college career in her own best interests and accomplish it, anyways). though Carlin would have a cow if Josie got married first and everyone knows it. I would love to see Josie actually working in a salon before her wedding. They'll both be down the aisle within the year, I think. 

56 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

How does one Serve The Lord as a Cosmetologist?  I am trying to understand this. 

Josie mentioned on the show that she would use cosmetology as ministry. But let me tell you, if my hairdresser started proselytizing to me, that would be the very abrupt end of that haircut. 

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Josie mentioned on the show that she would use cosmetology as ministry. But let me tell you, if my hairdresser started proselytizing to me, that would be the very abrupt end of that haircut. 

No kidding! I'd walk out. 

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived