IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 1: Front Hugging Before Courting

Coconut Flan

I can definitely see them being engaged but didn’t they started courting less then two months ago? I am so confused with their timeline between real time, social media timeline and show timeline. It is exhausting.

Their outfits and the environment would make really cute engagement pics though.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I can definitely see them being engaged but didn’t they started courting less then two months ago? I am so confused with their timeline between real time, social media timeline and show timeline. It is exhausting.

Their outfits and the environment would make really cute engagement pics though.

Nope, they started courting in August (a few days after Josie’s birthday, according to the show) 

i don’t think they’re engaged yet but I see them getting engaged between valentine’s day and Carlin’s birthday 

Carlin's Hands

A strangely in-depth photo study

So we know Carlin has a tendency to wear rings on both hands. These tend to be silver and have thin bands. Generally, there are no stones or embellishments; All have smooth surfaces. Here are some examples:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-01-22-06-49-04.png.bfc17bb155645677bbd3727f20858000.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-01-22-06-51-02.png.076a17a72aceed7e54008cd63a915072.png

One photo shows the ring of choice for where you traditionally place an engagement or wedding ring. It appears to be an infinity loop, so I'd say it's a promise ring/purity ring  (This may have been mentioned on the show but we're 7 years behind in Roo land):

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-01-22-06-27-50.png.08e1d9f30f545c6fe86cc7d0a6527040.png

Now we fast forward to the recent set of images by the lake and from Evan's story.

Carlin is seen with two rings in her left hand. Doesn't appear to have a raised stone, but possibly thicker than normal (I'd say multiple bands on one finger is likely)

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-01-22-06-59-24.png.8b472e613f5ffe1b9241ae3d10ea421d.png

But the real gem is this one from Evan's story:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-01-22-06-24-37.thumb.png.bbb1e375db1c8864edf46292d7e822e3.png

Not only is the band now thinner,but there appears to be a raised surface between the ring finger and her pinky. A diamond perhaps?

In conclusion, I have these closing questions still to be answered:

Why would Evan choose a song from the 1999 Disney Film Tarzan as sung by Phil Collins to hint at their engagement?

Was it a real photographer, or just a sibling (Josie) forced into servitude by her older and more relationshiped sister?

Why does Carlin hold so much food on her photos?

On a serious note, if they are engaged I think we'll get a special announcement soon. They didn't seem to hesitate with Tori even though it wasn't on the timeline for the show.

if I remember correctly, they announced Tori’s engagement after they’d aired Bobby asking for permission on the show, so maybe they’re waiting to do the same for Carlin and Evan. As of now, the show is progressing pretty slowly, since next Thursday’s episode is the eclipse which was back in August still, so idk when we’ll get to see Evan asking for Carlin’s hand in marriage. Maybe he did so already

On 1/18/2018 at 1:53 AM, brusselsgriffon said:

I’ve posted pictures of myself on Instagram solely because I liked them and thought I looked good. I’m not shallow or stupid or trying to be instafamous. While I fault Carlin for a lot of things, being pretty and posting staged photos of herself on social media is *not* one of them. :my_angel:

Literally, almost every person in her generation does the same thing and it does not make them all shallow.

It's how the kids are living these days.

5 hours ago, seraaa said:

Literally, almost every person in her generation does the same thing and it does not make them all shallow.

It's how the kids are living these days.

It seems to have bothered a lot of people that I thought a picture seemed shallow. I still do, though.

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

It seems to have bothered a lot of people that I thought a picture seemed shallow. I still do, though.

Everyone posts nice pictures of themselves, it is the trying to pass off the nice picture as a picture of the person with a quote that implies the person is being deep or profound that, IMO, looks shallow. Miss Raquel does this constantly. If you like a picture, just post it and admit you thought this was a nice picture, don't try and turn it into anything spiritual or profound. 

I realize that this is a trend that I don't get. :lol: At least she isn't eating a tide pod.

13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I realize that this is a trend that I don't get. :lol: At least she isn't eating a tide pod.

yet 

12 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

yet 

#TidePods4Jesus #Jesuslovesthetidepods #Ihaveaheart4tidepods

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

#TidePods4Jesus #Jesuslovesthetidepods #Ihaveaheart4tidepods

#realchristianstidepod #hetidepodforoursins #jesuslovesthemallandtidepods #cleaningmysoulwithtidepods

On 1/15/2018 at 7:04 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

She has make up on and her hair looks good...it's a nice pic so she posted it.   She's pretty, someone took a good pic of her driving and she posted it.  What is she faking?

I just really don't understand why a woman who happens to be good looking and put together should be taken less seriously and this mindset really bothers me.  In a world where most of us still have to deal with being judged on our looks far more than men in many contexts I hate to see contributions to the narrative.

I take someone seriously, or not, based on their words and actions...not how good their eyeliner looks.  And I sure as heck don't want to live in a world where the no make-up, messy hair in a scrunchy, clad in a ratty sweatshirt cleaning the toilet me is more real and worthy of being taken seriously than hair done, good bra wearing, lipstick and mascarraed me.  

I agree with you and I very much doubt that she said, "hey, I'm gonna get all made up and want someone to ride with me because a car photo would take it over the top!" Hmmm, I think not. It is a nice picture.

Its the #dreamscometrue hashtag she posted with the picture and the distance, the fact that you can't really see them, that makes me think engagement.  

On 1/22/2018 at 5:43 PM, sansan said:

I agree with you and I very much doubt that she said, "hey, I'm gonna get all made up and want someone to ride with me because a car photo would take it over the top!" Hmmm, I think not. It is a nice picture.

It's cute that you think that Carlin posts to instagram the way you do. She doesn't. Carlin is on a TV show and you are not. She has a publicity manager who manages the Bates family IG accounts. That's to prevent Carlin from posting a picture of herself drunk, or throwing her purity ring down the toilet, or doing some other wacky thing. That would damage the brand that so many people depend on.

No, Carlin (and the rest of them) takes carefully-crafted pictures and forwards them to their publicity manager, who picks the best ones and who sometimes also writes the comments for them.

I kind of got stuck on the whole Carlin being immature, etc. thing reading the past few pages of this thread. I'm remembering back to the episode where they go to Kelly Jo's house that she grew up in and her old high school and thinking about the part where they talk about Kelly Jo tattling on her siblings and the little spot where you could hide and scare people....maybe - just maybe, Carlin is taking after Kelly Jo a little bit? I know we don't know much about her as a young child/teenager but she didn't grow up in the lifestyle. Just a random thought. 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:08 PM, Hisey said:

No, Carlin (and the rest of them) takes carefully-crafted pictures and forwards them to their publicity manager, who picks the best ones and who sometimes also writes the comments for them.

UpTV seems like a pretty small operation, and they have several reality shows, plus the Bates family is huge. I doubt that they’re pre-approving every Bates social media post. More likely they have someone who monitors it and would step in if anyone posted something way out of line.

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

UpTV seems like a pretty small operation, and they have several reality shows, plus the Bates family is huge. I doubt that they’re pre-approving every Bates social media post. More likely they have someone who monitors it and would step in if anyone posted something way out of line.

I agree. I seriously doubt that UP is providing a social media manager for the Bates. UpTV is really small potatoes in the US media market. If @Hisey has some inside knowledge of UpTV's operations, I will stand corrected. I don't know anyone who works there myself.

I saw a talking heads of Tori and Carlin. Carlin didn’t speak, had her hair in a braid with some loose strands at the face and looked at Tori. Now I can see why people say she looks like Erin. I have never seen it before but in this video the resemblance was quite remarkable.  It can not be unseen....,

It was somewhere in the short video about the the first visit of Bobby’s parents.

I think most of the older girls resemble each other, just in different ways. Most of them take after Kelly in looks. Michael is the only one who I think looks a little more like Gil.

I noticed in the last episode how much Katie looks like Erin. She was talking about the eclipse, and just her mannerisms and her profile were very similar to Erin.

I think Alyssa and Josie look like Gil.  Michael does too in a different way.  And the other girls look like their mom. I think most of the guys look like Kelly too. Except for Zach and Nathan. 

In the Facebook live video they did the other day, I really noticed the similarities between Josie, Carlin and Michael. Their faces/expressions were in a way so they looked the same, but wearing different wigs!

13 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think most of the older girls resemble each other, just in different ways. Most of them take after Kelly in looks. Michael is the only one who I think looks a little more like Gil.

I think Michael looks a lot like Kelly's dad.

Isaiah is his grandfathers clone! I always wondered who he looked like, he doesn’t look like anyone else to me.

I think Michaela looks like Lawson with long hair! Does anyone agree? And I think that Alyssa looks the most like Kelly.

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived