IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 1: Front Hugging Before Courting

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Carlin's photos seem so staged and insincere. Yeah Zoolander poses a lot in photos he posts, but compared to Calton... I don't know. Hers just seems a lot more contrived.

Like he's posing because it's a photo and it's fun, but she's posing because she wants us to see only extreme perfection.

Carlin's annoying me to the point where I think Zoolander could do better.

Yes! I always find the photos a over the top bit because I don't have that personality. She's around 19 and she has a spunky personality, so there might be issues with maturity.

Out of the photos of them I liked this one:

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to make a guess and say that they're already courting. He probably asked her not long after that trip this summer, probably around June or July. They'll officially announce it soon after the new season starts. I'm also going to say that he'll propose on her birthday in April to show how much he loves her and make her day extra special. They'll end up having a July or August wedding. This family seems to wait until a courtship or relationship is shown on the show to officially announce it but don't do the same for engagements and weddings. This is for the obvious reason that they're harder to hide. I'm pretty sure that Bobby proposed to Tori about 2 weeks before they announced it. They contacted the network ASAP and they arranged to have the announcement on TV and a big special about that couple. I'm pretty sure UP didn't hold the news for that long. The fact that they promoted a big special announcement from the Bates family during one of their other shows proves this.

Agree... when I saw pictures of them holding hands back in august i was sure they had started courting... but they’ll announce on the show. I think the only reason that Bobby and Tori’s engagement was announces was because the wedding happened before the new season started

edit: I KNEW IT

http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2017/12/carat-clarity-carlin-and-courtship.html?m=1

Lily and Ellie have pics of Carlin’s courtship proposal with Evan. I don’t know if we are allowed to post things from the blog here. I’m assuming the engagement will be happening soon.

Looks like he asked her to court late July/early August, since they mention Josie's birthday. I was mostly right. I'm still saying he'll propose on her birthday and they'll have a summer wedding.

Just to clarify. Carlin and Evan have been holding hands and other tane PDAs since he was introduced on the show.

33 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Looks like he asked her to court late July/early August, since they mention Josie's birthday. I was mostly right. I'm still saying he'll propose on her birthday and they'll have a summer wedding.

I’m guessing a Christmas or NYE engagement.

I wonder what will happen with Carlin’s college? I don’t think she was on a 2 year program like Josie so she could have over 2 years left... I have the feeling she could drop out :my_confused:

They'll get married--and he'll do whatever he does which will somehow also include preaching because they all have to be preachers too--and she'll be Erin. She might teach signing at home. And start her years of constant pregnancy. 

Uh no! Looks like she'll be married by mid next year. What's worse? The fact they'll probably be parents by mid next year, or that child is going to be born posing in duck face like we've never seen before!

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I’m guessing a Christmas or NYE engagement.

I would say that as well, at least if Carlin gets her way. However, even her parents seem to understand that these two are a bit behind the curve in the maturity department and might pressure Evan to wait until the spring.

Any bets on how long before Josie and Kelton make their courtship official? And who do we think will be next? I'd say Trace, but Nathan seems to really want to get married. I wonder how much the Ashley situation burned him. 

2 hours ago, Andrea said:

I'm sorry but all that smashing food in his face annoys me to no end!  

The food smashing pics will reach their peak at their wedding with the cake cutting ceremony.

I'm not surprised that their already courting. I don't think Gil and Kelly wanted to hold them back at all. All they really seem to care about is getting their daughters married as soon as possible. Look at how Kelly was all over Brandon to marry Michael even thought they were courting and Tori despite being engaged and wanting to get married after graduation. There was no reason to pressure Brandon and Tori but she did so anyways. I think the only thing that surprises me is she accepts the courtship time and three months to plan a wedding instead of marrying the kids the very second anyone comes around for them.    I could see her locking the door and not letting the boy or girl leave until they signed a marriage license.

16 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Lily and Ellie have pics of Carlin’s courtship proposal with Evan. I don’t know if we are allowed to post things from the blog here. I’m assuming the engagement will be happening soon.

You can post from their blog, they're just dedicated humpers.

bringing-up-bates-episode-701-gallery-14

bringing-up-bates-episode-701-gallery-07

I find it weird they made a big deal about a courtship announcement when they already held hands, hugged, said "i love you" and called each other bf/gf..

Courting for the Bateses just seems to be pre-engagement. I don't get the point other than the fact that they can tell the world they still court. They don't seem to do anything differently when they're just dating vs. courting. I track the Duggars, Bateses, and Maxwells in a spreadsheet and whenever one of the Bates kids goes public with a "special friend" I just mark them down as courting. Because they are.

13 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I would say that as well, at least if Carlin gets her way. However, even her parents seem to understand that these two are a bit behind the curve in the maturity department and might pressure Evan to wait until the spring.

Any bets on how long before Josie and Kelton make their courtship official? And who do we think will be next? I'd say Trace, but Nathan seems to really want to get married. I wonder how much the Ashley situation burned him. 

Kelton and Josie haven't technically announced that they're bf/gf. And that's only because it hasn't happened on the show. I've said this before, but it's pretty clear that the Bateses keep relationship statuses on the DL until it is shown on TV except engagements and weddings. And the reason is because you can't really hide that you're engaged or married. Josie and Kelton didn't go public until he was introduced on BUB, same for Carlin and Evan. There was speculation from us, but nothing official. I'm pretty confident that during this season they'll say Kelton and Josie are officially boyfriend and girlfriend but they won't be courting in the Bates sense. And I'm pretty sure one of the three guys will be next, either Lawson, Nathan, or Trace.

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Courting for the Bateses just seems to be pre-engagement. I don't get the point other than the fact that they can tell the world they still court. They don't seem to do anything differently when they're just dating vs. courting. I track the Duggars, Bateses, and Maxwells in a spreadsheet and whenever one of the Bates kids goes public with a "special friend" I just mark them down as courting. Because they are.

Agree. There's no difference. To the Bateses, there's three stages: special friends, bf/gf, and courtship. Josie and Kelton are still special friends and Carlin and Evan are bf/gf (until the show starts and we see the courtship proposal).

I think Carlin is really trying to be an instagram famous personality, much like her sister-in-law Whitney. Insta-worthy isn't supposed to be "real." It's SUPPOSED to be staged and perfect. I agree it's pretty annoying, but she's not going for personal. I think she's going for camera-ready and picture-perfect and hopefully fame. I can see Carlin being a little bit like JRod in that she will NOT want to be a meek stay-at-home quiet church mouse. (Not dissing SAH parents, just the traditional fundie flavor of it) But she can have a social-media "ministry" and still be Gothard ATI approved. So I think it's more work-focused what she's doing. Because what other choices does she have?

On 12/21/2017 at 7:52 PM, VBOY9977 said:

I wonder what will happen with Carlin’s college? I don’t think she was on a 2 year program like Josie so she could have over 2 years left... I have the feeling she could drop out :my_confused:

I predict that she will drop out the minute he pops the question. Perhaps Crown can give her that "Christian Life Program" certificate (the 1-year program that several Bates have done) as a consolation prize.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I predict that she will drop out the minute he pops the question. Perhaps Crown can give her that "Christian Life Program" certificate (the 1-year program that several Bates have done) as a consolation prize.

Is this like the MRS degree? 

16 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Is this like the MRS degree? 

Guys get it too. As far as I understand it, it isn't a real degree that has any worth on the job market. It basically gives you a piece of paper that calls you "fundie". It doesn't make any sense to me since most of the students at Clown college already come from fundie families and were drenched in kool aid from the day they were born.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, jacduggar said:

The Bates kids appear to actually know their spouses (the exception to this is Michael and Brandon IMO.  They always seem uncomfortable and awkward. I can’t tell if it’s the cameras or just them). 

I also get the impression Michael and Brandon are a bit shy/not the biggest fans of attention, which doesn't help with the awkwardness, especially with cameras thrown into the mix. 

On 12/28/2017 at 5:26 AM, ophelia said:

Guys get it too. As far as I understand it, it isn't a real degree that has any worth on the job market. It basically gives you a piece of paper that calls you "fundie". It doesn't make any sense to me since most of the students at Clown college already come from fundie families and were drenched in kool aid from the day they were born.

Unlike the Bates, for most students, this gets them out of their parents house, so even in the protected environment of a fundie college, it is a chance to find a little independence. Even for the Bates, they'll meet some fundies who may have different views on some topics than they do. As someone who wasted mid-way through my "junior" year on an unaccredited degree, I can see the point of view that it is pointless. It is as far as a real academic education, but not everything to be learned is found in books.

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived