IGNORED

Telos (IBLP college) Shutting Down

funyuns_and_fundies

I was on the website of Telos, the unaccredited "college" run by IBLP and I noticed it says it is closing due to "finanicial stability."

http://telos.edu/

It appears to me that IBLP is attempting to rebrand itself and seperate themselves from their Gothard era as much as possible. They have done away with a lot of programs from that time.

They are also collapsing upon themselves due to people leaving the fold.

1 hour ago, funyuns_and_fundies said:

I was on the website of Telos, the unaccredited "college" run by IBLP and I noticed it says it is closing due to "finanicial stability."

http://telos.edu/

Things have to be petty bad when an unaccredited on-line college for homeschoolers can't make it.  They do offer a home health care ministry degree.  And photography courses.  

Completing this quiz is was an important part of the admissions process.  I'm not sure I'd pass, although I'm usually pretty good at this type of stuff:

Screenshot 2017-06-13 at 5.19.30 PM.png

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Things have to be petty bad when an unaccredited on-line college for homeschoolers can't make it.  They do offer a home health care ministry degree.  And photography courses.  

Completing this quiz is was an important part of the admissions process.  I'm not sure I'd pass, although I'm usually pretty good at this type of stuff:

Screenshot 2017-06-13 at 5.19.30 PM.png

That's some seriously ... what:the::heck?!

Most of these make no smse! What a convolute mindset these people have foisted on their followers.  

The part of a boat with the wheel or tiller is also called a cockpit. 

Action to object:

Gothard: [a. deceive, b. molest, c. abuse, d. intimidate] :: baker:bake

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

That's some seriously ... what:the::heck?!

Most of these make no smse! What a convolute mindset these people have foisted on their followers.  

#4 and #6 definitely make no sense.  The others I can sorta figure out.

12 hours ago, StacyW said:

The part of a boat with the wheel or tiller is also called a cockpit. 

Action to object:

Gothard: [a. deceive, b. molest, c. abuse, d. intimidate] :: baker:bake

It's also the helm and on most small sailboats, the cockpit would also be considered as part of the deck and the cockpit is frequently where the orders (jibe ho! tacking!) are given so it's also the bridge.  The only one that is NOT the deck/cockpit/bridge/helm is the crow's nest.

Is the answer to #2 "heresy"? These don't make sense to me at all. Either bridge or helm would work for #1, but it would kind of depend on the size of the plane. Helm:ship=pilot's seat:plane, or bridge:ship=cockpit:plane.

Nice, the exam covers all of an IBLP boy's favorite subjects: airplanes, Bible verses, and self-loathing.

On 6/13/2017 at 10:21 PM, freejugar said:

In Spanish, telo means brothel and I can't stop giggling

I don't think College of the Brothels is quite what they had in mind. :pb_lol:

16 hours ago, gustava said:

#4 and #6 definitely make no sense.  The others I can sorta figure out.

In 4, Nahum is one of the prophets, Abraham is one of the patriarchs, Hezekiah one of the kings, and Paul another of the prophets, so th answer is b. (The patriarchs i.e. the fathers, generally refers to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Pretty sure 6 is d blasphemy since it can mean to curse God.

The one that has me a bit confused is 2.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Coconut Flan said:

They are also collapsing upon themselves due to people leaving the fold.

Why do I immediately think of the house from Poltergeist 2 collapsing on itself & disappearing in a flash when I read this sentence? 

7 hours ago, 16strong said:

I don't think College of the Brothels is quite what they had in mind. :pb_lol:

Ignorance is bliss, though  ;) 

The Duggars and Bates never even bothered to sign any of their kids up for Telos courses, did they?

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Duggars and Bates never even bothered to sign any of their kids up for Telos courses, did they?

Not that I know of.  But I think it may have been where Kendalyn Staddon got her home health degree (or whatever it was called) instead of going to med school.  IIRC, there were courses on baking with whole grains and the biblical basis for suffering.  Not going to get that kind of quality coursework in med school.

On 6/15/2017 at 0:32 AM, CyborgKin said:

[snip]

The one that has me a bit confused is 2.

That one puzzled me for a while, but I think the key is that it is labeled "cause and effect."  I think the answer may be "b" because heresy destroys the mind like poison destroys the body.

On 18/06/2017 at 1:15 PM, Mirla said:

That one puzzled me for a while, but I think the key is that it is labeled "cause and effect."  I think the answer may be "b" because heresy destroys the mind like poison destroys the body.

Ah, I was kinda reading it back to front and was trying to think of what relates to poison like the mind relates to the body, instead of what relates to the mind like poison relates to the body.  So I failed the IQ part of that one :P

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Ah, I was kinda reading it back to front and was trying to think of what relates to poison like the mind relates to the body, instead of what relates to the mind like poison relates to the body.  So I failed the IQ part of that one

To be fair, it's a bad analogy.  It only works because it's the best answer available.

The whole test is obviously designed to test your theology rather than your IQ, and it does a really bad job of testing your theology because it doesn't have answers from other theologies.  It's too easy to guess the right answer.

I get the feeling someone heard that the SAT/ACT uses analogies, so figured their test should also.

5 hours ago, Mirla said:

To be fair, it's a bad analogy.  It only works because it's the best answer available.

The whole test is obviously designed to test your theology rather than your IQ, and it does a really bad job of testing your theology because it doesn't have answers from other theologies.  It's too easy to guess the right answer.

I get the feeling someone heard that the SAT/ACT uses analogies, so figured their test should also.

Yeah it's not gonna catch out Unitarians or worshippers of Diana of the Ephesians :P

13 hours ago, Mirla said:

Same. It looks like some alternate universe version of SAT questions. As you said, it's pretty obvious what the answers are supposed to be here, and my guess would be that's by design. It sounds less like they're testing Bible knowledge or logic skills, and more like they're testing your potential fit with the school (which obviously isn't unique to this place or religious schools even). 

Archived