IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 21: Bringing About Gilead One Doodle at a Time

First, she does read and comment on blogs she does not agree with.  Sheila from Love, Honor and Vacuum, anyone?   If you do a blogger search for her comments she has made tons of them over the years we have been following her (unless she has cleaned them all up since she became an "author").

Second,  I don't know how I feel about there being a God.  I was raised Catholic, but quit going to church for the most part as soon as I could drive and go to a separate service from my parents (or not go, as was mostly the case).  I've had conflicting feelings about God because my mom was dx with MS when I was around 13 and I watched people pray over her and tell her if she just prayed harder, she'd get better, which obviously never happened.  She did get good healthcare, fortunately.  I've been ever *more* conflicted since my brief stint with death, which everyone says is normal (and I am sure that it is).

All that said, I have NO fear of standing in front of God on Judgment Day (should there be one) because I've never hit my kids with straps, or hounded people about their eating habits to the point of near eating disorders and body image issues.  I've never kicked a cat (or dog or any other living creature, including people).  I've never tried to tell people not to get good medical care, when I, myself, have used it.  In fact, I practically beg people to go to drs which both @Destiny and @Palimpsest can testify to.  I've never told anyone to put anything damaging on their skin, which can cause them serious wounds.

I'm not sure what I believe about God/Jesus, but I know I try to live my life the best way I can, inflicting the least harm/damage to other people physically AND emotionally.  Do I fuck up? (that f-bomb is just for you Ken!)  Sure, because I'm human.  When I do make mistakes, I try to apologize sincerely and not keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall when Lori goes to her judgment day.  I have a feeling it will be a lot different than she expects it to be.

14 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Huh. I read that totally differently.   I read it as saying, "All you naughty women who don't agree with me, go stand in the corner and I will have your daddy/husbands deal with you when he gets home.  I'm SO over trying  to convince you I'm right in all things and all ways. If you haven't figured it out by now,  that's your problem."   (and she probably added in her head "and I hope he takes a leather strap to all your naughty bottoms! It is what you deserve!")      Will be interesting to see how close I am.   

I agree with you on this.  I think it's just more Lori playing the victim.  Just like when she sent her lapdog "command man" over here to teach us nattering hens a lesson.  That didn't go so well for him though.  He found out we are a group of intelligent, independent, (mostly) women who don't have to ask permission to read websites and can swear with the best of them ;)

Lori doesn't want "discussion."  She wants people that fall all over themselves to agree with her and tell her how great she is and the "naysayers" are ruining her gig!  I'm sure it's hard for her now that she is putting things on all sorts of social media where anyone can find it vs her blog which was more specialized, IMO.  Going viral isn't always all it's cracked up to be ;)

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Lori never heard of confirmation bias? I enjoy reading articles and watching news programs that offer opinions different than mine. It's how I learn about the world, empathize with others, and realize that there can be more than one way of looking at things. But no, let's just all read Lori and take only her word as the Gospel truth. Except we all know that Lori thinks the Gospel doesn't really matter.

I think that Lori (and Ken) have a pretty poor idea of what Judgement Day is going to look like. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it, in a schadenfreude sort of way.

bad time meme.png

Woman's so insanely clueless she's dangerous.

We read so that the world knows that your skewed, shriveled, ugly version of Christianity is not correct. To remind women out there that they have worth in all kinds of ways and that they deserve resources and mentors that are respectful and helpful to their spiritual journey.

We read so that women are not harmed. Or die.

7 hours ago, Curious said:

If you are posting the review online (I assume at SSB?) please drop a link in whatever Lori thread we currently have going.  I'd like to read it.

Here is the current review of Chapter 7, the sex chapter. There are links within the post to all of the other chapters.

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/06/16/book-review-series-the-power-of-a-transformed-wife-wives-give-sex-all-the-time/

I received a comment last night that I must be an "angry woman." Hahaha! I think that person has me confused with Lori.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

She's so full of it. How many blog posts has she written trashing other women bloggers? She obviously had to read them to get her source material. And she's constantly going to the beach, where she's exposed to all those thong-wearing Jezebels, whose bottoms she yearns to "paddle." Why does she do that? Wouldn't it be better to stay home? 

Good grief, Lori, you just bitch to hear yourself bitch. And then you post long, blathering videos about how other women shouldn't bitch because it drowns out the sound of your bitching. 

:teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah::teasing-blah:

I also thought of the bloggers that she trashed. Let's not forget when she scanned a picture of her son's classmates from their yearbook to shame their about their dresses. When she first posted the pics she didn't blur out their faces. She whined and said that the girls were dressed inappropriately for a Christian high school. She blurred out the faces later on. I thought was pretty shitty overall because prior to that blog entry she was all about saying how that school was so godly and then she shits on the alums.

Lori has also said some shitty things about people that she knows. She doesn't use names, but people who know her might be able to figure who she is talking about. I recall that incident on the chat room or the blog(can't remember which one) where she attended some wedding or shower and the bride was in school to become a dcotor. Lori basically said that it was pointless and waste of money for that woman to be attending medical school.

Wow, so look at those comments. Not one person who disagreed has been allowed to chime in. Its all a pow wow to talk about how everyone else hates God, lives in darkness, is evil, has reprobate minds, and are mental pyschos. 

Lori bans her critics, and then her fans ask why the critics aren't coming forward to explain themselves. What fools they are.

Lori knows exactly how to maintain her cult of personality. Her fans are merely cogs in her evil machine.

She said she is persecuted on Instagram too. Bullshit. I haven't seen anyone even majorly push back against her on Instagram. 

Aunt Lori wonders why we read anything she writes?  I care because she's saying dangerous shit. She isn't content to live her own life, but wants to force her will on everyone else. She wants to make all women helpless in the face of abuse, wants to reduce all of us to the level of slaves/possessions/pets, and wants to take away our rights, not just give up her own.

That's why I care about what Lori says. Wanting to take my rights away makes her my enemy, and I believe it's in my best interest,  and everyone else's, to know my enemy. I'd prefer to not live in a modern day Handmaid's Tale, and I really don't want my children, or their children, to be forced to exist in Loriland.  

Something is amiss in Lori land.  In April she wrote a post about how it's good to call people out, but now that she's been called out for gossiping and deleting the number for the  lifeline, I guess she's changed her tune.

She seems hyper focused on complaining about how "persecuted" she is.  What happened to not feeling sorry for yourself?  What happened to her claim that God sent snakes to those who complained? What happened to her (unbiblical) assertion that self pity is satanic?

Lori says that she doesn't read things she doesn't agree with, but if that's true, how is she always blogging about what so and so said, and how wrong they are?  How often does she write entire blog posts about things she read that she disagrees with?

As for her not commenting on things she disagrees with- give me a break!  Lori is well known for going to other women's blogs and trying to straighten out either the blogger or their readers in the comment section.  Hell, she even told Peaceful wife she wanted to share one of her posts, but she was going to need to "change a few things" to make it better. 

I mean come on....

No, something is up.  I am thinking deleting the lifeline got her more attention than she wanted. 

She has blocked every FB page I have. Some comments weren't even "contentious". She recently would not post a comment I wrote on her Peaceful Parenting page. She is out of control.

She ALWAYS says that men will burn in hell for divorce, but absolutely CANNOT back it up with scripture. 

The Bible says that you should be able to back up what you say, using the word. But good ole Lori will delete your comments because she can't back them. FALSE TEACHER.

"Women shouldn't preach because they are easily deceived and could tell the wrong word." 

-"But I'm gonna preach the word because I'm commanded to. Even though I can't back up 98% of my claims"

The Bible also says you are allowed to be angry but sin not. BUT Lori says "Wives, you being angry is sinning! The only part of the bible you should listen to, are these 2 verses." 

Why are so many "out to get her"? Has NOTHING to do with her 'righteous word', it's because she is using mistruths and twisting scripture! She can't back up a damn thing! 

My pastor who has been one for 30+ years can (and will) go back and forth with you until you're both left without breath (in a kind way) over something you may disagree on. He NEVER has deleted or ran away from people who don't believe in what he says. Because he KNOWS the Word and how to defend it. Not like this chicken. 

15 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Aunt Lori wonders why we read anything she writes?  I care because she's saying dangerous shit. She isn't content to live her own life, but wants to force her will on everyone else. She wants to make all women helpless in the face of abuse, wants to reduce all of us to the level of slaves/possessions/pets, and wants to take away our rights, not just give up her own.

That's why I care about what Lori says. Wanting to take my rights away makes her my enemy, and I believe it's in my best interest,  and everyone else's, to know my enemy. I'd prefer to not live in a modern day Handmaid's Tale, and I really don't want my children, or their children, to be forced to exist in Loriland.  

I always pay attention to people who think I shouldn't even be allowed to vote. 

2 hours ago, KatBonD said:

Here is the current review of Chapter 7, the sex chapter. There are links within the post to all of the other chapters.

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2017/06/16/book-review-series-the-power-of-a-transformed-wife-wives-give-sex-all-the-time/

I received a comment last night that I must be an "angry woman." Hahaha! I think that person has me confused with Lori.

Thanks @KatBonD  I was looking for something to read while I eat my BIG SALAD (made fresh 5 minutes ago by my wonderful husband)

The "angry woman" thing must just be a go to fundie line.  I think both Ken and Cabinetman tried to use that here :pb_rollseyes:

21 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Did you all see the self pity thing she just posted on instagram?

Share for the uncool kids that don't "do" Insta?

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Self-awareness....Lori is doing it wrong.

I'm off to the eye doctor because my eyes rolled back so far in my head, they got stuck.  Fortunately, I'm a touch typist ;)

^^^

In that case, I say to Lori, welcome self-pity! May it destroy your 'ministry'. May it cause you sleepless nights, causing you to question whether you have been teaching the correct thing, given the backlash that you have received. May it open your eyes to the hurt that you have caused others and cause that hurt to come back on you tenfold.

4 hours ago, Joyce said:

Lori's teaching can be dangerous. If we continually read and comment on Lori's teaching despite our disagreement, it's because we care about the people who will suffer from her teaching.

I agree.  I usually write a comment when I believe she's teaching something that is not proper understanding of the Bible. My blood boils when I see them abuse Scriptures and pay no attention to people who point it out to them. 

And she's set herself up as a teacher, a "Titus 2 woman". She appears to have a following that depends way too much on her interpretations. That's not healthy and I hope they start to see that. 

Lori shows little interest in the lives of her followers. She couldn't care less, it appears, if they have to go hungry, if they put themselves at risk, if they live in unnecessary pain or even if they die, yet she doesn't appear to deny herself much at all. I see little loving of her neighbor as she loves herself. 

4 hours ago, polecat said:

She's so full of it. How many blog posts has she written trashing other women bloggers? She obviously had to read them to get her source material. And she's constantly going to the beach, where she's exposed to all those thong-wearing Jezebels, whose bottoms she yearns to "paddle." Why does she do that? Wouldn't it be better to stay home? 

Yeah, that.  If she stopped reading everyone she disagrees with, and she stopped judging everyone she doesn't understand or agree with, she wouldn't have much to blog about.  

I'm sure a lot of this was already covered when the book first came out, but I was newly back home and didn't even realize it had been released until some months after that.   I'm reading the review over at SSB now and figured I'd start at the beginning.

This is a quote from the book:

“resulted from the deep-seeded rebellion in my heart.”

What kind of editor doesn't know it's actually deep-seated (I did double check to make sure I hadn't been saying it wrong all these years) and misses something like that on the what had to be the first couple pages of the book.

If I didn't know Lori, I'd immediately think she was stupid for that error.

4 hours ago, Curious said:

First, she does read and comment on blogs she does not agree with.  Sheila from Love, Honor and Vacuum, anyone?  

I saw those and was amazed by Sheyla's kindness and patience with Lori, despite Lori's incredible rudeness. She didn't know when to stop, kept coming back to make her point again and again, ignoring Sheyla's kind requests that they drop the subject (in nicer tones).  Not at all like Lori. 

This is a quote from Chapter 5 in Lori's book.

Ken loves to stand up during worship at church while we’re singing. I prefer to sit down since my lower back and feet hurt if I stand too long. On Sunday, he stood and I stood up beside him and asked him if he prefers I stand with him. He smiled and said, “Yes.” I then whispered why I don’t like to stand long. Later, we talked about it  and he told me that I was welcome to sit down after a minute or two if I start to hurt at all, but he does like me standing beside him. So I decided I will stand now whenever he stands. My desire is to be a submissive wife and even if I’m not perfect yet, I am a lot better than I use to be!

So according to the blog post, this was taken from, this incident occurred in late 2014.  Based on the quick perusal of the post, she is writing as though the incident just happened on the Sunday past.

These two have been married for something like 35ish years and she only just now asked him if he wants her to stand with him?  Even discounting the first hellish 23 years they like to yap about, it took her 12 years to ask a question about standing in church, a place they allegedly attend every week at least once.

She then says they talked about her reasons for not wanting to stand and in "command man" fashion Ken tells her that he'd like her to stand until she is in pain.  I suppose a reasonable request in this type of marriage.  Personally, I just wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to stand at all (though that's sorta moot for me, being in a wheelchair and all).

Then she goes on to martyr herself by saying even though Ken gives her permission to sit if she is in pain, she has decided to be a good submissive wife, she will stand the whole time he stands, pain be damned.

So she gets to make Ken into the bad guy, passive-aggressively, yet again.

I didn't read the comments, but she probably had fan girls falling over themselves to tell her what a good s she is to her D.  gross

Edit to add:  I went back and looked to see if there were any comments on her blog (still with the fucking centering.  MY EYES) and this was the next part of the post after that quote (emphasis mine):

Another woman who has a blog with many readers yesterday wrote the following. She was at church and her pastor just finished a great sermon ~

After he finished, I stood up in my pew and clapped and cheered and WOOT WOOTED and pumped my fists and well, my church is not that kind of church. And so Craig {her husband} said, "SIT DOWN HONEY. HONEY, sit down." So then I stayed standing even longer than I WOULD have because Craig is not the boss of me and nobody puts baby in a corner and submitting to your spouse is not really something we focus on much in the UCC."

This is how she ended her post, "{ALL MANNER OF CHEERING AND WOOT WOOTING AND FIST PUMPING AND ALL THE THINGS!!! Honey, sit down. I will not.}

Simply put, she is in sin. She is in rebellion to her husband's leadership by completely disrespecting him and is very proud about it, even bragging to the world.

What was that about not reading things you disagree with and not commenting on it again, Lori?

*SNORK*

Lori on Instagram: I delete or hide them (mean comments) quickly. I stay on top of it.

I bet you do, Lori. I BET YOU DO. What a sad and lonely existence, tethered to the computer. It's sunny and 81 in San Diego right now- a great day to go for a walk on the beach, read a book outside, plant some flowers, or (horror of horrors) spend time with people you love instead of strangers on the internet.

As for me, it's rainy here and I've got a shitload of peaches to can. Younger Bonkers talked me into buying 50 pounds from the peach truck. Last count, I had 21 pints of regular peaches, 6 pints of drunken peaches, and 18 half-pints of peach bourbon jam. Until tonight, FJ!

The Eric comment is gone and she deleted on from Beth and Ellen within 30 minutes. Yup, this is why women have to say home so she can keep her finger on the delete button.

Oh, the Eric comment is still there, it´s under Stephanie G´s comment. 

Lori did answer Eric but Eric is not happy 

And when I went back to Loris page - suprise, suprise - Eric´s question about banning his wife is gone

Now all Eric´s post are gone! 

lori 4.PNG

Skärmklipp 3.PNG

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived