IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 21: Bringing About Gilead One Doodle at a Time

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

I really think she has some sort of mental issue. 

Of course she has a mental issue!

Here's how I think their worldview came about: They married very young. Lori, out of a desire to be married, and Ken out of horniness. I suspect Ken didn't have much experience with women (except lusting after them). So he wasn't prepared to deal with what I believe to be her emotional abuse. Tantrums? Silent treatment? Food control? He didn't recognize it as abuse (and still doesn't). He decided all women must be that way.

I think he stuck around because he truly believed divorce is not an option, because he didn't want to divide their assets and give up regular sex. Also, they had kids right away and he seems to love them, in his way. If I were their kid, I'd bond with him and not Lori. Even though neither choice is good, kids have to bond to someone.

However, by the time their kids were gone, there was more public awareness of abuse. I think he was getting sick of her games and thinking of divorce. I'll bet there were enough assets there for both of them to live on (their house is worth about a million if I recall), but I don't think "divorced wife" is the role Lori wants to play when she walks into church on Sunday. She seems mighty proud that her kids married into families where there is no divorce, has even bragged about it. And maybe she really believes that if she and Ken divorce it will somehow hurt their little grandchildren (like they really care what those two old fogies do). So I think she turned on a dime and decided to become "nice."

A narcissistic person like Lori cannot admit she is wrong. But it is OK to be a sinner. We're all sinners, after all! 

So she convinced him (and herself) that she had failed to tame her rebellious nature, and that all women are like this. Not just her! That would be too damaging to her fragile ego. Of course  not, it's all women.

That's why Ken doesn't really understand when people are totally puzzled about his advice for dealing with temper tantrums in their wives. He doesn't really understand that this is unusual. Lori has him convinced it's a female thing.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flossie said:

Lori is the outlier who would decide that she didn't want to be vigilant, didn't want to explain, and had other things to do that were more fun.  So she'd grab the tots hand and make him or her touch a coal, then look around and say "I told you not to play with fire.  Now you know why.  Does anyone else want to bother me?  I've got more important stuff to do.  No?  Then go away.  I'm the frickin Voice of God.  I've got people to talk about, foolish women to dis-empower, men to kiss up to, a husband to passive-aggressively emasculate, and then I've got a salad to make."

Yes, Lori has written extensively about parenting the "easy" way, and she seems genuinely mystified that anyone would put effort into parenting when they could just hit and instill fear instead.

Spoiler

Lori on sleeping and bedtime routines:

We trained our four children to sleep through the night when they were six weeks old. Waking up every few hours was taking a toll on my health and my emotions.  

On Facebook she's claimed she started letting her children cry it out from 3 weeks on.  A later post hints at that.

We trained our children to sleep through the night in a dark room by the time they were six weeks old 

We let them cry until they feel asleep. If you keep consoling them, they will keep crying for more consoling.

Mothers hate letting their babies cry. I get that, but crying never hurt anybody. 

A reader asked about a bedtime routine and prayers, but Lori didn't waste time on that either:

Some nights I didn't feel good enough to do the "bedtime routine" and I was very happy I had children that I could simply tell them to go to bed and they would.

I am only going to tell you why we never had to do anything like that.  Our children obeyed us.  We didn't have to resort to charts, bedtime routines, stickers, or time outs.  We spanked them if they didn't obey us! 

Just so she's clear- no bedtime prayers or routines.  She just went straight to hitting.  No one wastes Princess Lori's time.

Lori on caring for her babies:

When a baby bit me when nursing, I flicked their cheek once.  They never bit me again.  It worked!  Pain is a great teacher.

I did it hard enough that they cried.  I didn't want my breast bitten into.  I meant business.  I wasn't going to fool around with them in this area.  They were not going to get away with it.

Several swats on their hand when they were crawling and putting their fingers into a light socket taught them not to do that anymore. 

Lori also insisted on a steady diet of "me time".  She had a nanny who took care of her (neglected) baby during the day, and in the afternoons she had them in their rooms.

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

Every single day, my children were in their rooms from 1:00 to 3:00 in the afternoon.

Lori Alexander on discipline:

A spanking will work if it is hard enough.

pain is the best teacher

So yeah, she kind of put the lazy in lazy parenting.

I have heard of magnesium citrate as a laxative. I have also heard that you shouldn't take laxatives regularly and the body can become dependent on them to move the bowels out. If you eat a healthy diet and exercise, for most reasonably healthy people and for anyone not taking some sort of medication that causes it, constipation is not something to worry about in general. I have IBS so I get it, but laxatives are not something I was every advised to take. Only after surgery once because of cuts in the abdominal area and avoiding any strain. I think it's also done after c-sections. In which case, a heads up, consider Colace. This is a gross post. Seriously, poop? Please stop giving medical advice Loony Lori, you ARE NOT a doctor! 

@Koala, I wish there was a way to put your latest post, with all its examples of Lori's cruelty to her own children, in a post somewhere on social media where she couldn't delete it and where her leghumpers would be sure to see it.  Her comments have been sprinkled so lightly throughout her blog over the past few years that I don't think her followers realise just how bad it really was for her children growing up. :my_cry:  Seeing her exact words all together, comment after comment--"Lori Concentrate," if you will--might have enough of an impact to make at least some of them stop and think.

I started taking magnesium for restless leg syndrome. After about four weeks, I realized my migraines had decreased significantly. I spoke to my doctor about it and she confirmed that it is being looked at more and more in the management of headaches/migraines. I shared this on a migraine forum and wrote "please ask your doctor if this might benefit you. My doctor did some blood work and agreed that I could continue taking it and even increase it."  

I am surprised Lori's father has never told her to write "ask a healthcare professional about this...." Of course he might have and she ignores him because Lori always gets her way; OR he cannot be bothered to ever read her silly little blog. 

@Curious

I meant to include these:

Spoiler

Lori:

I spanked my children when I was angry because rebellion is so ugly and I didn't want them to act ugly.

I spanked in anger sometimes, because I was usually pretty upset with my children when they needed a spanking

My children definitely feared us growing up.

I think they were actually afraid of me

15 minutes ago, Loveday said:

@Koala, I wish there was a way to put your latest post, with all its examples of Lori's cruelty to her own children, in a post somewhere on social media where she couldn't delete it and where her leghumpers would be sure to see it.  Her comments have been sprinkled so lightly throughout her blog over the past few years that I don't think her followers realise just how bad it really was for her children growing up. :my_cry:  Seeing her exact words all together, comment after comment--"Lori Concentrate," if you will--might have enough of an impact to make at least some of them stop and think.

If someone can collect screenshots of all those quotes, I can put them onto one post on my tumbler page and then the link can be circulated on social media.

thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com

Just now, AlwaysDiscerning said:

If someone can collect screenshots of all those quotes, I can put them onto one post on my tumbler page and then the link can be circulated on social media.

thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com

I wonder if a link to your Tumblr page can be posted  on Lori's Amazon page as well? Or is that against Amazon's rules? I'm just thinking it would be great if it could be posted where no one can delete it. :my_biggrin:

Flicking a baby's cheek because they bit her boobs?????? 

Yes that shit is painful (not actually had kids so don't have first hand experience) but come on, that baby is teeny, they don't mean to. Except of course in fundieland babies are conscious sinners and do these things deliberately. 

To use a phrase I picked up on another (non fundie related) forum: Lori can fuck off to the far side of fuck and then fuck off some more.

Wow...new video is up.  She's really coming unraveled.  In the video, she's sitting in the dark whispering about immodest women.  :pb_eek:

She was out to eat last night, and apparently the waitress was wearing the evil leggings.  And the people next to her?  They are dressed immodestly too!

The good news?  Ken (at 59) is learning to look away.

Seriously, this video is full of crazy.  I mean...just...crazy.

She really was up all night deleting comments. :pb_eek:

Listen for the part where she asked someone who was sitting next to her in church to move (she claims a friend was sitting there, but then she went on to talk about how immodest the woman was dressed).

Uhhhh, that video. :S Just like that, I'm pretty convinced that I'm looking at a mentally unwell person. Everything about her affect and subject matter made me feel really uncomfortable.

So she doesn't read things she disagree with, yikes she better not be out about in the world with people and clothing she disagrees with either. This might really corrupt her and cause her to think.  I think the dark look is good for her. She needs to stay sheltered in the darkness. 

4 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I think we should make a Facebook page that you can like and share stuff on. Like stuff Christian likes does. 

Hmmm I could make a companion facebook page for the tumblr. That would be the best way to spread it quickly. 

Is twitter useful in any way?

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Hmmm I could make a companion facebook page for the tumblr. That would be the best way to spread it quickly. 

I'd be inclined to put not transformed or something so people could find it when they searched for her. 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Is twitter useful in any way?

Would you be able to use Lori's name somehow in the title of the page (so her fans would be absolutely sure to see it), or would Facebook say no to that? Of course, Lori and Ken might threaten to sue you (not sure if they could when you'd be using their EXACT WORDS! Heh). 

No idea how useful Twitter would be. :think:

Edited to add that @EowynW had the same thought I did, and her solution just might work!

Hey, there's nothing at all weird about obsessively monitoring your Facebook/blog/Instagram all night.  Or taking videos of yourself in the dark...whispering...about your husband...who won't stop looking!  He just won't!  ALWAYS looking!  But that's okay.  He's learning.  And she's not upset!  It's not like she talks about paddling other women on the beach or anything!  Nope, it's alllllll normal.  All of it.  And besides, Ken's learning not to look.  

Seriously though, do these people EVER eat at home?  I am beginning to think she complains so much about people eating out, because she doesn't want to have to wait in line when she gets there.

We ate take out 3 times this weekend.  I ordered a really nice Chinese dinner for Father's Day, Friday night.  My in-laws brought in Greek food on Saturday.  Saturday night we were exhausted when we finally got home, so we had pizza.  By Sunday, we were all desperate for home cooked food.  It'll be a while before we want to eat out again.

They seem to eat out multiple times a week.  If Lori would offer something besides soup and salad, maybe they could eat at home and avoid all of the immodest women.

11 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I think we should make a Facebook page that you can like and share stuff on. Like stuff Christian likes does. 

Fj has a FB page. @FundieFarmer is the one in charge of it.  Talk to her about things you'd like to see on the page

Woah now, hold on, admittedly I am at work so I can't listen to Lori's drivel godly teachings, but is she blaming OTHER women for her husband's wandering eye?  Because wasn't it JUST last week that she was saying that if a husband wanders or attempts to wander, that it is the WIFE's fault and SHE needs to sanctify him?  Because if he was TRULY SATISFIED with a SUBMISSIVE GODLY WIFE, he would not have those needs?

So which is it, Lori?  Are you not satisfying your husband, causing his eye to wander?  Are you not submissive enough?  Are you not trying hard enough?  Or is this something about how men are wired and there's nothing the godly wife can do because it's the husband's choice/battle/issue?  

Can't have it both ways.  

26 minutes ago, Koala said:

Wow...new video is up.  She's really coming unraveled.  In the video, she's sitting in the dark whispering about immodest women.  :pb_eek:

She was out to eat last night, and apparently the waitress was wearing the evil leggings.  And the people next to her?  They are dressed immodestly too!

The good news?  Ken (at 59) is learning to look away.

Seriously, this video is full of crazy.  I mean...just...crazy.

She really was up all night deleting comments. :pb_eek:

*snipped the video*

Allow me to share some of the more hilarious tidbits from the video for those who do not want to listen to the sibilant (dare I say, serpent-like?) tongue of Lori:

"We can't let immodestly dressed women steal our joy!"

"Worrying and fretting (about our husband looking) does nothing!"

"What they (immodestly dressed women) do with their sin is not our responsibility. And worrying about it will not add one cubit to our lives; in fact it will take away the joy in our lives."

So tell me again, Lori, what was the point of the video then? Take your own advice and stop worrying about it.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived