IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 21: Bringing About Gilead One Doodle at a Time

Also if we can put a good post together with info on her all in one place I will kick in a few dollars to boost the post for better reach

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Curious said:

Fj has a FB page. @FundieFarmer is the one in charge of it.  Talk to her about things you'd like to see on the page

Yes! We do have a Facebook page. We also have Twitter! 

Feel free to send me things as you see them via DM to the page. That would actually be a great help...right now I pretty much curate the content myself so if other users see things they'd be interested in having up, I'd love it. Crowdsourced content always makes a page more interactive!

33 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Woah now, hold on, admittedly I am at work so I can't listen to Lori's drivel godly teachings, but is she blaming OTHER women for her husband's wandering eye?  Because wasn't it JUST last week that she was saying that if a husband wanders or attempts to wander, that it is the WIFE's fault and SHE needs to sanctify him?  Because if he was TRULY SATISFIED with a SUBMISSIVE GODLY WIFE, he would not have those needs?

So which is it, Lori?  Are you not satisfying your husband, causing his eye to wander?  Are you not submissive enough?  Are you not trying hard enough?  Or is this something about how men are wired and there's nothing the godly wife can do because it's the husband's choice/battle/issue?  

Can't have it both ways.  

Seems to me that she is on the logical slope sliding towards supporting polygamy for men as "biblical"; you know, because of their natures and all, and wives should just be cheerful and smile, no matter if your husband lusts or has an affair.  It's all good.  "True Christian Marriage" is great so long as you smile and are cheerful and say nothing!

48 minutes ago, Koala said:

Yes, Lori has written extensively about parenting the "easy" way, and she seems genuinely mystified that anyone would put effort into parenting when they could just hit and instill fear instead.

It is mind-blowing.  She speaks of flicking the baby's cheek if he bites you when nrursing.  She said "I wasn't going to put up with that".  Then, all abou the 4 hour ordeal with a toddler where she and the hub (Ken?) took turns 'disciplining' the poor child over some ridiculous thing (utbbe on discipline) and her disciples say "oh, yes" .. and they quote the Bible to justify child abuse. 

I still cannot wrap my mind around such evil.   I wrote her on her blog a few weeks ago about early childnood and what the child really learns is fear and to be violent later on, and of course, it was never published.  Another thing I saw ... on the blog ... a woman 100 lbs overweight asks her what to do and she says pray.  I write, see a doctor to guide you through the process as that is alot of weight to lose ... and, of course, she deletes. 

She wonders why the book doesn't sell?  I am shocked it sold at all, tbh.  If someone told me that my exegisis was poor or that I might be absing a chidl, I would STOP, look inward, learn all I could and then ... if it was true, I would change.  Abusers never change because they never own up in the first place.

Ooh that's an attractive still for the video. It looks quite suggestive... 

Hold on.  Aunt Lori went out to eat on Sunday? Guess she forgot that the Bible says to keep the Sabbath Day holy.  :pb_rollseyes:

Lori has some serious anxiety and compulsiveness issues. So many health problems can be traced back to our mental well being. Her obsessive behavior must contribute to her illnesses. She never lets go of anything. EVER.

Her latest tirade is particularly disturbing. It seems very like the ramp up/crash cycle that I've seen a mentally ill family member go through. 

Is she ... did she ... is she seriously ... WEIGHING her ... waste? 

eta: "playing in a sewer" is sin, but Lori weighs her shit and poops all over people's lawns. TOTALLY different, you guys!

Perhaps Lori is taking a big ol' dose of Milk of Magnesia night and morning.  Stuff works like Drano does on clogged pipes.

However, If she's taking it every day, then it's some weird unhealthy diet thing along with her nearly 0 calorie meal plan

Up thread someone asked who talks about poop. Lori does. Alot. Same way we know all the details of her 5 minutes and some coconut oil lube sex life, her special organic va jay jay cream. and get to see her use Michael Pearl's oh so nasty sounding phrase "drain him dry".

A woman of true discretion and modesty does not talk like that, especially not across all social media for a world full of strangers to see.

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Lori has some serious anxiety and compulsiveness issues. So many health problems can be traced back to our mental well being.

She will never admit it though because the bible says God gave us sound minds. And if anyone is to have a sound mind its her since she is doing God's work.

The shit comes out of both ends with Lori.

Commenter:

I was trained as a nouthetic biblical counselor and certified through an organization called NANC. Jay Adams was the master at breaking down arguments and getting down to the root problem. When I began to preach and teach God's word and sharing the Gospel with just an open Bible, the most opposition that I received was from self professing Christians. I had people tell me to put the Bible down for a minute and think about how that impacts people's lives. They called me a Calvinist before I even knew what that meant. They made up stories about how angry and cruel I was, when it was them that was angry and cruel. I had several men that wanted to physically fight me, but me being a 6 foot tall 210 pound redneck from northeast Texas made them not want to chance catching a whopping.
It is sad that so many Christians don't know the goodness of our God. And I believe that is the root of the arguments against what you are doing. The truth is so scary to the blind and deaf. If they trusted God, they would see and understand what you are heralding. I love how intentional your approach is. 
Keep your confidence that the Lord is speaking through you. The fight is not with you, they are not rejecting you, they are rejecting God. I pray that God keeps you strong in your quiet and gentle spirit.

Right, deny all accountability. Lori is not responsible for what she says. She just teaches God's truth so if you have an issue with it take it up with God not poor innocent Lori. 

Lori is just the messenger caught in the middle.

15 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Lori has mentioned two pounds of poop twice in the past week on insty. 

Well, she spreads about twice that amount of pure shit on the internet on a daily basis, so maybe that is what she is referring to. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Sounds like Ken's been looking again.

Sounds like *Lori's* been looking again, too. The paddling comments from the other day are still giving me the heebie-jeebies, but her going into great detail about these other women -- what is her deal? Why is she objectifying them as disembodied breasts, bottoms, etc. rather than people?

I don't think I have *ever* heard a woman talk about another woman's body like this -- and I grew up IFB and went to plenty of seminars and even Bible college (where I had to attend Christian womanhood classes and learn allllll about how I could magically tempt men with my clothing). So yeah. I know the drill. And I've still never heard a WOMAN talk like this.

This is how men talk about women's bodies. And not decent men, either, but frat boys, jerks and ... well, you know the type.

27 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Keep your confidence that the Lord is speaking through you. The fight is not with you, they are not rejecting you, they are rejecting God. I pray that God keeps you strong in your quiet and gentle spirit.

Sigh.. no. Some of us are rejecting her teaching. Her mangling of a few Bible verses, taken out of context, made to say something else.  That, in Dave's (or Trey's) words is "my contention". 

And Lori, a quiet and gentle spirit?:laughing-rolling: 

2 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Sign me up to help with gathering info and screen shots, wherever it's going to be done.

I can't figure out how to take screen shots or I would take some of this blog: http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/08/mark-driscoll-mess-tells-us-marriage/

among other things, she argues ad nauseum for her understanding of marriage, even against Scriptures that support the hosts's view, she even questions her Biblical understanding and "cautions" her "not to overstate her case and to keep it Biblical".  

Sheila's replies are those of a humble, respectful, yet wise and firm teacher. She knows what she believes, she  is well grouded in Scripture, but she understands that others have different interpretations.  It's worth saving. 

23 minutes ago, onemama said:

Sigh.. no. Some of us are rejecting her teaching. Her mangling of a few Bible verses, taken out of context, made to say something else.  That, in Dave's (or Trey's) words is "my contention". 

I can't figure out how to take screen shots or I would take some of this blog: http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2014/08/mark-driscoll-mess-tells-us-marriage/

among other things, she argues ad nauseum for her understanding of marriage, even against Scriptures that support the hosts's view, she even questions her Biblical understanding and "cautions" her "not to overstate her case and to keep it Biblical".  

Sheila's replies are those of a humble, respectful, yet wise and firm teacher. She knows what she believes, she  is well grouded in Scripture, but she understands that others have different interpretations.  It's worth saving. 

A LOT of those responses that are signed 'Lori' are actually written by Ken. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

A LOT of those responses that are signed 'Lori' are actually written by Ken. :pb_lol:

Oh my, now that you mention it, some of it does sound very "Ken". Ken can't have a mere woman teaching him, no wonder he got all huffy and saw fit to "caution" her. 

ETA: that word "prescription" is nowhere to be found in my Bible... they keep throwing it about as if it were. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Lori has mentioned two pounds of poop twice in the past week on insty. 

I though this was odd, even for Lori, so googled a few different things and couldn't find anything about specifically losing 2lb per day.

I did notice that her meals look a lot like the ones a pro-Ana sites.  Those "diets" ran under 300 calories per day

Just now, onemama said:

Oh my, now that you mention it, some of it does sound very "Ken". Ken can't have a mere woman teaching him, no wonder he got all huffy and saw fit to "caution" her. 

:naughty: No, no, can't have that, now!

What tipped me off that it was Ken was his turns of phrase: "Can we not? Should we not? If we must..." Lori doesn't write like that; she's not capable of writing convoluted sentence structure, whereas Ken, if it were an Olympic sport, could convolute for England. :pb_lol:

37 minutes ago, onemama said:

Lori wouldn't know a gentle spirit if it bit her on the ass.  

I wrote up a post contrasting Sheila's gentle responses to Lori/Ken's argumentative tone on her blog with Lori's most recent post but I lost it.   Read Sheila and you walk away with positive input, even when she dedicates a post to expose a problem. Read Lori and you walk away with a whole bunch of negativity. 

She claims to teach "women's issues" because they are more popular among her readership, but I would argue that her readers like the "women's stuff" because it allows them to dump their own 2 pounds of fecal matter.  Look at the number of comments on "neutral" posts, like "keep your eyes on things above", whereas the more controversial or provocative posts attract a ton of comments, and many can hardly resist a "women falsely believe" reply.  They're itching to gossip, criticize and boast of their own accomplishments.  

Is that what Paul meant when he wrote that famous bit of instruction to the older women in the church Titus was pastoring?

Earl says:

Excellent post Lori. I was so disappointed when Cabnet Man shut down his blog because of the harassment he received.

Anyone know the background on that?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived