IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

Also there will not be any name speculations this time since they already announced. Do you think that's why they did it?

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:
I can't believe she's still out and about. 

I can. She's pregnant, not dying. :pb_lol:

(No offense intended! That was a joke!)

But seriously. I'm not surprised because she was out and about her entire pregnancy with Izzy too. There was a whole debate on here on the recklessness or safety of having your nails done while you're in labor (though I wouldn't be surprised if she had them done in the very early stages of labor when a lot of women feel fine doing normal stuff.)

Now, if you're referring to how she could feel comfortable being outside during summer in the Southern US, that I can understand. Some women have no issues being comfortable under those conditions and would be more uncomfortable being heavily pregnant in the winter (because layering clothes.) Jill could just be one of those women or she may just really want to enjoy being a family of three while they still can.

I feel uncomfortable looking at Jill (and any women or animal that is about to have a baby).  I'm a sympathy crier, I think I might be a sympathy "baby is about to explode because there's so little space left and no matter what you do your never comfortable" kind of person.

Oof, she does carry big. It's more obvious there than in the Silver Dollar City shot. I hope she is managing to stay comfortable, especially in the AR heat.

56 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I can. She's pregnant, not dying. :pb_lol:

Thank you! The Dillards are the worst in many ways, but if Jill is happy and comfortable being active in this stage of her pregnancy, more power to her.

I know the camera adds 10 pounds, but does it add 10 pounds to a fetus too? Good god - she's bigger than any pregnant-with-a-singleton-person I've ever seen.

My mama taught me not to point and stare, but holy shit - I'd be hard-pressed not to gape at that.

The Duggar child I've always wanted to adopt is Jackson. I would get him assessed by an educational psychologist, enrol him in a school that could meet his needs and implement the recommendations of his ed psych report, and see him fulfill his potential.

We dont see much of him anymore, but back in 19k&c days, he was very obviously behind and struggling. Huge SOTDRT fail, neglect and exceptionally shitty parenting

My bestie had a baby last Wednesday, a little boy clocking in at 8lbs and 11oz. I know every woman is different and all that, but for the last month or so my friend had horrible backache, had to go to the toilet about every ten minutes and a lot of the little daily tasks seems overwhelming. So she didn't go out and about much - I'd call for her and we'd take a drive to the McD's drive thru, where we'd eat ice-cream and bitch about how useless our men are - that was her outing for the day!

Repeating again that I know all women are different (I don't fancy two pages of being handslapped :my_biggrin:) but part of me wonders if poor old Jilly maybe only goes out and about because Derrick is such a restless soul. He seems to be steering all of the travelling to Danger America and maybe has trouble settling and relaxing even when they're back in the States. He wants to be up and about and she wants to be his perfect mate so......

Absolutely no evidence to support this theory! Just recent experience of a nine-month pregnant woman who would probably have clocked me across the head with a frying pan if I suggested a day out at a theme park... :my_tongue:

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I can't believe she's still out and about. 

I won't deny, I'm a little envious. When I was in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy last year, I was so swollen that the lower half of my body looked like Fat Bastard from Austin Powers, and I had sciatica. The only footwear that I could put on were my mom's Crocs that I had previously ridiculed her for (I know she got some satisfaction every time she saw one of my fat feet slide into those things).

Anyway, I was not that mobile so when I see these Duggars girls with their skinny ankles and ability to walk reasonable distances this far into their pregnancies, I'm honestly impressed.  If they can do it and be comfortable, good for them. I just hope Jill isn't ignoring her own comfort for the sake of another one of Derick's whims (which seems to happen quite often). Seriously, I know I'm not the only one who has mentally screamed, "ZIKA!" every time they posted something about being in CA so Derick could live out his roleplaying Jesus fantasies. 

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

i would like to do it 

I'd like to learn, too. But the previous five attempts have yet to be successful. 

On 6/24/2017 at 6:17 PM, Greendoor said:

That kinda went out decades ago.  I have never know anyone who believed in transubstantiation.  All kinds of old "folk" beliefs come and go.   

Meh, the two largest denominations of Christianity worldwide (Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox) have transubstiation as part of their theology. Given that there are 1.5 billion Catholic and Orthodox Christians worldwide and somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of that number of Protestants, (even accounting for cafeteria Catholics who don't believe in it), I'd still wager that more people believe Christ is physically present in he Eucharist than don't. 

58 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

if Jill is happy and comfortable being active in this stage of her pregnancy, more power to her.

I was incredibly active for my entire pregnancy (other than the days I was in hospital with hyperemesis gravidarum) and even went to a water park at 6 months. The water slides were fun and my kid was fine. lol On second thought, maybe that's why she's a Gryffindor... but I digress.

It looks like she has gained a lot of weight, though, but her feet/ankles look normal (as did mine - I wore my high-top Reeboks to the hospital the day I delivered, and I could still tie them myself).

1 hour ago, KelseyAnn said:

Did anyone else see the  InTouch article that insinuates Jill might be blanket training? 

I thought we touched on that subject here before. I remember an instagram photo a while back of Izzy sitting on a blanket, crying and looking very upset.  It was mentioned here that maybe it was blanket training.  The photo may have been removed by now, but I will look into it. Wouldn't at all be surprised if she was doing it.

I think that even if she did do that, she stopped because it wasn't working. Izzy seems like a stubborn (meaning normal) kid. 

6 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

I thought we touched on that subject here before. I remember an instagram photo a while back of Izzy sitting on a blanket, crying and looking very upset.  It was mentioned here that maybe it was blanket training.  The photo may have been removed by now, but I will look into it. Wouldn't at all be surprised if she was doing it.

Okay, not quite how I remembered it, but I know it set off some major concerns on FJ. 

duggar-dillard.jpg

38 minutes ago, Jessie E said:

Okay, not quite how I remembered it, but I know it set off some major concerns on FJ. 

duggar-dillard.jpg

It looks like she attempted to swaddle a toddler like a newborn? I dunno what's going on in that picture lol it could be blanket training but it could also easily be he got himself rolled up in a blanket somehow, didn't like it, and couldn't get out in his own. Little ones get themselves into shit sometimes. My god daughter rolled under a futon as a baby and got stuck once for exsample. Im not sure why you'd take a picture of that either way though the former I would think they'd know wouldn't go over well with the general public and the latter I don't know why you wouldn't just unroll him it's not like it's cute or funny and you want to get a picture. 

Looking at that swaddle picture I am reminded that Israel is one of the biggest babies I've ever seen. Are Derick and Jill really tall?

I was more tired by the end of my pregnancy, but I still went for a day at the fair with less than six weeks to go and had a great time. Two days before I had my baby I was putting up our garden harvest, probably standing for 6-8 hours. All my bedriddeness happened during my first trimester due to severe nausea. I'm guessing with Jill she is betting on Sammy being late like Izzy, so as long as she feels good she pretty much just keeps on trucking. She does carry large though and seeing those pics is a bit jarring. She definitely has the 'could explode with baby at any moment' thing going on. The super tight shirt that may rip open from the strain doesn't help. 

1 hour ago, Jessie E said:

Maybe you were remembering a combo of the swaddle photo and this photo? He's not upset but I remember there was concern about this one due to the blanket, black eye, and uncovered outlet. (I think Jill has since said that he gets those marks under/around his eye because of allergies or something.)

Spoiler

bruise-israel-dillard.jpg

As far as Jill being very pregnant and taking trips to theme parks, I felt pretty great up until the day I gave birth at 41 weeks. I probably could have walked around a theme park, except that the weather in late July in Florida is killer. I wonder how hot it feels in Arkansas right now?

33 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

It looks like she attempted to swaddle a toddler like a newborn? I dunno what's going on in that picture lol it could be blanket training but it could also easily be he got himself rolled up in a blanket somehow, didn't like it, and couldn't get out in his own. Little ones get themselves into shit sometimes. My god daughter rolled under a futon as a baby and got stuck once for exsample. Im not sure why you'd take a picture of that either way though the former I would think they'd know wouldn't go over well with the general public and the latter I don't know why you wouldn't just unroll him it's not like it's cute or funny and you want to get a picture. 

It's possible he was laughing at first and then randomly started crying while a picture was taken. It's happened to me with my daughter. She's a living, breathing internet troll who likes to mess with me though. Don't know if that's the case with Izzy. :pb_lol:

21 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Looking at that swaddle picture I am reminded that Israel is one of the biggest babies I've ever seen. Are Derick and Jill really tall?

Jill is the tallest Duggar daughter at around 5'6". Derick has to be around 6' given the height difference. So right around the same heights as my husband and I. Our 34 week preemie was 5 pounds and 19 inches, so she likely would have been on the big size too (she hit the 90th percentile for weight at her 6 month wellness appointment this month - as compared to full-term 6 month olds. So she's all caught up now.)

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was incredibly active for my entire pregnancy (other than the days I was in hospital with hyperemesis gravidarum) and even went to a water park at 6 months. The water slides were fun and my kid was fine. lol On second thought, maybe that's why she's a Gryffindor... but I digress.

It looks like she has gained a lot of weight, though, but her feet/ankles look normal (as did mine - I wore my high-top Reeboks to the hospital the day I delivered, and I could still tie them myself).

Izzy was 23 inches and 9 lbs 10 oz at birth. Jill doesn't look like she's gained weight other than in her abdomen - she looks all bump to me. I'm thinking Samuel might wind up being a bigger baby like his brother. A bigger baby combined with a shorter abdomen or a weird fetal position or just how a woman poses for the camera can make a bump look much bigger. I'm betting she looks bigger here due to the angle she's standing at - you can't see the curve of her back here, which gives the illusion that she's bigger than she is.

(I've thought about this too much... I think I need a nap... :pb_lol:)

3 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

My bestie had a baby last Wednesday, a little boy clocking in at 8lbs and 11oz. 

(SNIPPITY SNIP SNIP)

Absolutely no evidence to support this theory! Just recent experience of a nine-month pregnant woman who would probably have clocked me across the head with a frying pan if I suggested a day out at a theme park... :my_tongue:

Congratulations to your friend! :) 

I didn't make it past 34 weeks with mine, so I don't know how I would have faired. I was still feeling good at that point though, so I likely would have kept going about my normal routine as long as possible. My sister is a teacher and she worked up until about a day and a half before her son was born - he was four days early and she would have worked that last day, but she slipped on ice and had to go to the hospital as a precaution.

(As much as I wish I had made it to term, I still have a lot of sympathy for women that pregnant who are uncomfortable. Pregnancy is just really tough in so many ways.)

I don't think that was THE Picture that got us talking. I think Izzy was younger, swaddled like a bad burrito on top of a bed. Does a anyone remember or have time to search the threads?

There was also the swaddle photi of toddler Israel in the bed too. It wouldn't surprise me if Jill blanket trained.

I can't believe how heavy she carries buy I suppose it fits her Godly Look At Me syndrome.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived