IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

I could see how some of the little girls might want to wear flip flops to emulate their older sisters. I do, however, think it's more than likely that flip flops are just cheap and the Duggars have their heads for far up their butts they don't see the impracticality of them. 

Can anyone tell me what the hell jelly shoes are? I keep hearing about them and I'm so confused. 

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KelseyAnn said:

Can anyone tell me what the hell jelly shoes are? I keep hearing about them and I'm so confused. 

Here's a link to the kind I was talking about in my post:

http://www.carters.com/s/Carters/carters-baby-baby-girl-accessories-shoes-and-slippers/888737502406.html?cm_mmc=ip_Carters-_-Google-_-Baby_10-14_-_-888737502406&cvosrc=cse.google.Kid Girl_10-14_Shoes %26 Socks&cvo_crid=186507589861&cvo_cid=778407025&scid=scplp888737502406&sc_intid=888737502406&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CKPEpJa32dQCFZu4wAod1mMEgQ

They come in different styles, though - flip flop, slide, etc. It's just the material is this "jelly" looking plastic. Super practical for small children! J/k, it's not at all.

1 minute ago, ThunderRolls said:

They come in different styles, though - flip flop, slide, etc. It's just the material is this "jelly" looking plastic. Super practical for small children! J/k, it's not at all.

Thanks! And I agree, they just look groady and uncomfortable. Not to mention the stink of toe sweat that surely sticks to the plastic. 

My favorite choice of sandal for my kids is more like this:

Spoiler

CS170244_Default.jpg.1d8171f3b6a467bfa71130ffa5c64efb.jpg

Or maybe these:

Spoiler

m4JXjIMUwxg8jZlyiR2xr-w.jpg.9d779aefe97d034cbc5f7f482e1bdf8e.jpg

Something to run around in all summer. For us, flip flops are really just for around water. I also use a pair around the house like slippers, but I always change into "real sandals" before I leave the house. I know some people can run around in flip flops very comfortably, but I'm not one of them.

I have never, in my life, worn flip flops, and I have lived in CA for almost 60 years (a couple of years in Chicago)...they just seem uncomfortable and impractical to me. 

My daughter is the flip flop queen. She likes those Ohana (??spelling) brand.

She does not wear flip flops to work or to dressy occasions.  

I bought two of my kids jellies just once, at their insistence, because they loved how they looked.  My kids hated them before the first day was out.

I remember wearing jellies as a kid, I thought they had gone out of style. Or maybe they made a comeback?

I'm a Florida girl who admittedly will wear flip flops on casual outings, trips to the store, etc. But anywhere that requires lots of walking? Definitely sneakers.

As for my daughter, I mainly buy Stride Rites for her. This is my favorite of her play shoes, it's kind of a cross between a sneaker and a sandal, quite breathable and easy to slip on.

81Hq4fkerVL._UY600_.jpg

90s teenager here. I remember having a prized pair of platform jelly sandals that had silver glitter in them.

I LOVED my jellies in the 90's when I was about 6. Sneakers have always made my feet sweaty and uncomfortable I do t wear them unless I have to and in the winter I opt for boots. I've always been more comfortable in flip flops or sandals. I think I just have hot feet though. 

31 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I LOVED my jellies in the 90's when I was about 6. Sneakers have always made my feet sweaty and uncomfortable I do t wear them unless I have to and in the winter I opt for boots. I've always been more comfortable in flip flops or sandals. I think I just have hot feet though. 

I wanted some so bad in the 90s...my mom wouldn't let me have any. boo!

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Jennie, Jordyn, and pretty much all the minor Duggars who aren't already turning into douchebags. :pb_lol:

The lost children.

5 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That might be a sign you're watching way to many Duggar videos.

Their monotonous drawl helps me sleep! 

I had a pair of Jelly sandals that had a fabric liner similar to the image below but clear, in the 90's.  Wore them to work one casual friday. My boss asked if I had an outfit to go with them.  Never wore them to work again.  Today a remark like that could have gotten him fired.

jelly sandals.jpg

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

The lost children.

Lost children defiantly and I'd add Jana.  She is an adult so can't be adopted, but I'd give her a room, help her get some education perhaps at a community college to start. And I'd never ask her to be 'sister mom' anymore. Her own room, phone and privacy.

38 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Is it me, or does this pregnancy of Jill's seem to drag even more than the last one?

I think the first one seemed longer to me because she was constantly posting updates and we talked about them ad nauseam. I'm wondering if we'll get some crazy threads like we did during the first baby dilly watch, that might be fun.

Jenni, and she can choose a pet. Jackson, because he's a month younger than grand wolf, and we had a blast with him in DC. He could join scouts and go camping and learn some self reliance.

52 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I think the first one seemed longer to me because she was constantly posting updates and we talked about them ad nauseam. I'm wondering if we'll get some crazy threads like we did during the first baby dilly watch, that might be fun.

I'm pretty sure we added like, six new parents to this thread waiting for her to spawn Izzy. :pb_lol:

I doubt we'll get through that many parts. Mostly because they never set a firm due date. 

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm pretty sure we added like, six new parents to this thread waiting for her to spawn Izzy. :pb_lol:

I doubt we'll get through that many parts. Mostly because they never set a firm due date. 

On July 1, I'll show up and remind everyone that it's early July and Baby Dilly Watch v.2 can now commence. :dance:

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And maybe because we don't care that much? I do hope she has a sensible delivery plan.

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

On July 1, I'll show up and remind everyone that it's early July and Baby Dilly Watch v.2 can now commence. :dance:

I look forward to it - will we be starting a who can knit marathon ?

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

And maybe because we don't care that much? I do hope she has a sensible delivery plan.

you care - you want to drink a shot for every fake announcement 

take it for the team 

5 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Is it me, or does this pregnancy of Jill's seem to drag even more than the last one?

only because we weren't treated to chalkboard instagram shots and far away fuzzy pictures of her stomach 

:D

Behold the jelly platforms my sister used to have - hers were sparkly blue jelly though... (I think the originals were Patrick Cox, and she got knock-offs - IIRC, she also had some with plastic goldfish in the heel)

5950c0ba1b999_ScreenShot2017-06-26at09_06_30.thumb.png.d4cfac7e34cd02a3f0a5b0449f292a7c.png

6 hours ago, nst said:

I look forward to it - will we be starting a who can knit marathon?

I knit - and teach via Skype. ...anyone want to race to learn before the kid is born?

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

I knit - and teach via Skype. ...anyone want to race to learn before the kid is born?

i would like to do it 

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Just popping into say this autocorrect may be my favorite autocorrect ever. It sounds like the threads were so riveting and intense that six of us randomly popped out Babies. :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived