IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

I guess in a way, with Quiverfull and their teachings, the girls don't think that there is anything else to do. They believe that the only thing that they can is a wife and a mother. So, if you suddenly can't be a mother, which is even better then a wife, what are you? Lost, I would think. I'm sure that Jill is now feeling lost because of another c-section. The Counting On episode with Henry's birth, she clearly wanted what Jessa had; a smooth second delivery. Jill didn't get it and now she may have to change her thinking. I hope she does. Michael Bates is another example, babies don't seem to be in the card for her. So now she has to reevaluate her whole life. A woman should be worth more then how many babies she can push out for Jesus. :dontgetit:

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mother is one of 8 - 7 girls, 1 boy.

My father is one of 13 - 10 boys, 3 girls

I am one of 7 - 6 girls, 1 boy.

Only the 3 oldest of us have kids so far and none of us has gone over 2 kids. Lol.

My mother - 2 brothers (one died in infancy) 1 sister. My mother was the only one to have children (1 girl, 1 boy (who died at 3 days old). My father - one sister. His sister had 2 children, 1 girl, 1 boy. Neither one of my cousins has married or had children. I have 3 children, 1 daughter, 2 sons. My daughter has 2 daughters and my younger son has 1 son. My mother NEVER got over the fact that my baby brother died and I was blessed with 2 strong, healthy, handsome sons. 

I come from a good sized family. My mom has 5 sisters and 3 brothers, my dad has 1 brother and 4 sisters, and I have 4 sisters. My husband has 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Three of my sisters have 2 kids each and one has 5.

My husband and I have talked about having 4 at one point but I think we may have knocked it down to 3 and let's just see what happens. Part of our decision will be based on how long it takes us/and what it takes to get pregnant with each. So far we are close to two years trying for our first. I do feel bad for fundies who feel like the only way to have status in your community or to achieve happiness is to have boat loads of babies. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have that kind of pressure while facing infertility. During the two week wait after my last IUI my husband and I had several conversations about the "what ifs". What if it doesn't work? What if it never works? What about adoption? What if adoption is not for us? What if we decide to live child free lives? We talked about how we would live full, happy lives even if kids are not part of the equation. Is that even a conversation that fundies are allowed to have? Or are they just supposed to keep on trying and trying and hoping for a miracle while never really  moving forward with their lives? 

Oh my goodness! Henry is absolutely adorable! Look how happy he is! 

49 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh my goodness! Henry is absolutely adorable! Look how happy he is! 

He really is! Compared to Spurgeon, I was afraid he was going to get the "oh, how sweet" comments instead of the "cute baby" comments. But yeah, he is an amazing little kid. :)

@Carm_88, my oldest daughter LOVED her bouncer and so did her dad and I.  We'd put her in it during dinner and eat in peace.

What a cutie. He's growing up to look like his big brother – another mini Jessa.

Also, I need that onesie in adult size...it looks so snug!

On 7/10/2017 at 2:34 PM, eleanora3 said:

A commenter on the instagram post claimed that Meredith looks just like Anna. I don't see her looking like Anna, but WOW she looks like Mackynzie at that age! It's been commented on before, but the resemblance just keeps getting stronger. 

Spurgeon, on the other hand, is just ridiculously adorable.

I know everyone says Spurgeon is a mini Jessa, and I totally agree, but he's all Ben in this picture!

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I know everyone says Spurgeon is a mini Jessa, and I totally agree, but he's all Ben in this picture!

Lol that's just because he has the sleepy eyes thing going on. :pb_lol:

One thing's for sure, they really have cute kids. Also, I want that cow onesie in an adult size as that looks really comfortable.

This might sound stupid but what exactly does Chick-Fil-A serve? As a non American I'm so confused by this establishment. Chick in the title would imply chicken, but they're dressed as cows? And if it serves beef, isn't it a little gross to have a dress up day as the animals that are being served on your plate? :dontgetit:

5 minutes ago, MissKnowItAll said:

This might sound stupid but what exactly does Chick-Fil-A serve? As a non American I'm so confused by this establishment. Chick in the title would imply chicken, but they're dressed as cows? And if it serves beef, isn't it a little gross to have a dress up day as the animals that are being served on your plate? :dontgetit:

I've wondered that myself, but a quick google brings this page https://www.chick-fil-a.com/About/Who-We-Are

aparently they seem to have some weird idea about saving cows and eating chicken, but the reasoning escapes me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most chicken in the US comes from intensive farming, doesn't it*? So it can't be coming from an ethical standpoint.

*and there's nothing to indicate from their site the chicken is free range or anything like that

9 minutes ago, Dugg@rTime said:

I've wondered that myself, but a quick google brings this page https://www.chick-fil-a.com/About/Who-We-Are

aparently they seem to have some weird idea about saving cows and eating chicken, but the reasoning escapes me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most chicken in the US comes from intensive farming, doesn't it*? So it can't be coming from an ethical standpoint.

*and there's nothing to indicate from their site the chicken is free range or anything like that

Their official story is about a cow writing "EAT MKRE CHICKIN" on a billboard is Texas?! So they now don't serve beef? What. The. Fuck. Are these fundies that are intolerant of other religions sure the founders of the chain weren't Hindu? That would explain the not eating cows thing.

Y'all are overthinking the Chik-Fil-A thing a bit. As the name implies, it's a chicken place: fried and grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets, fries, etc.  The cows holding the "eat more chikin" is just an ad campaign that's been going on for ages. 

11 minutes ago, Dugg@rTime said:

http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/chicken-beef-untold-story-chick-fil-cow-campaign-171834/

So it seems that the cow writing on the billboard thing was from an ad campaign and is not real as per their history page Who'da thunk? 

I can see why the Duggars find them kindred spirits though. They like to rewrite their history too.

I'm so confused by this post. Did you think that a cow writing on a billboard was real?

The cows holding up eat more chicken signs is just Chik-fil-A trying to be funny. It's pretending that cows want people to go to a chicken restaurant instead of a hamburger restaurant. We don't have this restaurant where I live but I've seen it while traveling. You gotta be in on the joke to get why there is a cow theme. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived