IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, mpheels said:

I don't fully understand what Jessa was trying to say, but I'm pretty sure "rear piers" is just a transcription error, and she really said repairs.

so you were there? 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, BadMammaJana said:

Could we make Tubes, Dead Men's Bones, and Rear Piers a new thread title, please? 

i vote for it 

Ben completely terrified of Jessa hemorrhaging again, holding Henry while Jana tries to soothe him.

ETA: No snark on Ben, I'd be terrified too! 

I totally get why Jessa and Ben were so emotional after the birth last night.  I am assuming worrying you are going to bleed badly will make anyone upset.  

Yeah, Jana talking Ben down was one of those rare real moments on the show. I would never snark on anyone worrying about a loved one, and it showed me that Jana is a gentile soul, not everyone can calm down someone in situations like that. 

26 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, Jana talking Ben down was one of those rare real moments on the show. I would never snark on anyone worrying about a loved one, and it showed me that Jana is a gentile soul, not everyone can calm down someone in situations like that. 

I'm glad he had someone there able to comfort him when he needed it most. Ben may not be the greatest, but he's a human and he obviously loves his family very much. I'd be an emotional wreck too in his shoes. 

I'm just hoping that Benessa talked over their birthing options carefully and they both were able to honestly air whatever thoughts  and fears they had. I mean, I'm a big supporter of the mother getting final say (as long as safety comes first), but I do think a committed and involved father should be able to make his feelings known ahead of time too. Especially in a situation like Benessa had where she needed emergency transport and a transfusion with their eldest.

(Disclaimer: I don't watch the show and I don't know them personally. So I don't know if this was addressed. I would assume it likely was discussed between them and they were settled on another homebirth ahead of time though. So long as they did things legally and safely that's all that counts.)

14 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm just hoping that Benessa talked over their birthing options carefully and they both were able to honestly air whatever thoughts  and fears they had. I mean, I'm a big supporter of the mother getting final say (as long as safety comes first), but I do think a committed and involved father should be able to make his feelings known ahead of time too. Especially in a situation like Benessa had where she needed emergency transport and a transfusion with their eldest.

It seems that they did, at least according to the show last night. Jessa said that they were going to try for a home birth but if it was takin too long, they were going to transport to the hospital. She also stated that they were lucky to be so close and that she wouldn't try for a home birth if they were not. 

(That being said, I don't know if all that was repeated for the cameras because TLC reads here or not.) 

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

(Disclaimer: I don't watch the show and I don't know them personally. So I don't know if this was addressed. I would assume it likely was discussed between them and they were settled on another homebirth ahead of time though. So long as they did things legally and safely that's all that counts.)

Jessa did say on the show that they were worried about another hemorrhage happening, and felt that if labor would be another long one they would go to the hospital, they weren't going to do a home birth no matter what, it was a if we can great if we can't we go to hospital.  I think he was just waiting for the shoe to drop, after Henry was born, because that is when she started bleeding last time was during the delivery of the placenta.  But by all accounts this labor was maybe what 4 to 6 hours it sounds like so very quick unlike last time.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

THanks @Carm_88 and @allthegoodnamesrgone. I'm glad that seems to be the case. Her first delivery seems to have been really traumatic. I'm glad this one seems to have gone much more smoothly.

Jessa seemed to indicate that she herself didn't find the hemorrhage during the first birth quite as overtly traumatic as Ben did, since she was more stressed by two days of regular back-labor contractions and relieved it was over, and because by that point she was kind of out of it due to the blood loss. But Ben had been really freaked out, quite understandably. She came across as quite sympathetic to his concerns though, in the talking heads.

With our first, Mrs. AP had a post-partum hemorrhage after 20 hours of induced labor. Being my first time through, I didn't know what to expect as "normal"... I asked a few times, but they said, "Don't worry; she's doing fine." It was only afterward that they said, "Yeah, that is more blood that we'd normally like to see. She should alert her ob-gyn next time around." I think they were trying to keep a first-time dad calm.

So yes, I can understand Ben worrying! I think it's a good sign actually... that he cares about her.

Henry has the best expressions, even as a newborn!
I'm glad that Jessa's labour/delivery were easier this time. The stress was definitely getting to Ben which is why we got a chance to hear Jana soothing him.

Haha I love Henry's face. Is he rolling his eyes at Ben? Looking at Ben in disbelief as if to say, "YOU'RE my daddy?"

14 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Haha I love Henry's face. Is he rolling his eyes at Ben? Looking at Ben in disbelief as if to say, "YOU'RE my daddy?"

This was before he knew that in the Duggar dad pool he actually picked the best one.

I was surprised at how little Ben and Jessa seemed to discuss baby names. They aren't that busy.

On the topic of names, do you think Ben and Jessa are aware that the name Spurgeon is seen as unattractive? Or that it gets snarked on? and that Spurge and Spurgey are awful nicknames as well? Something I've wondered for about a year... 

On 6/27/2017 at 8:12 AM, Carm_88 said:

Ben completely terrified of Jessa hemorrhaging again, holding Henry while Jana tries to soothe him.

ETA: No snark on Ben, I'd be terrified too! 

I have to say, that birth was one of the more genuine moments that I've seen on this train wreck show. Jessa's reaction after giving birth seemed so sincere, and Ben worried was very sweet. Although I wished someone would've grabbed that baby...I was sorta concerned he was going to pass out.

15 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I was surprised at how little Ben and Jessa seemed to discuss baby names. They aren't that busy.

On the topic of names, do you think Ben and Jessa are aware that the name Spurgeon is seen as unattractive? Or that it gets snarked on? and that Spurge and Spurgey are awful nicknames as well? Something I've wondered for about a year... 

I have seen Jessa defend Spurgeon's name on Instagram before. I don't remember what the other person said but I remember Jessa responded and said that she and Ben liked Spurgeon's name and thought it suited him. Something along those lines. And then a bunch of leg jumpers jumped in to defend his name too.

Spurgeon had his first hair cut! I was terrified to click on the pictures because I was afraid they had gotten rid of his curls and the one thing that sets him apart from the Duggar boys. Luckily, the curls are still there! Just to a slightly lesser degree.

IMG_7793.PNG.1a7450121dbf624ac1d8801f24c11f9f.PNG

S. Elliot is really an adorable little guy! Wonder if Henry will have curly hair like his brother?

Spurgeon is completely adorable; what a cutie! I'm kinda shocked they posted pics of him shirtless, though. 

I'm watching the current episode (what can I say, the chipmunk voices make me chuckle). The TH part between Jana and Nessa digging stuff out, perhaps I ought change my contacts, but Jessa  kinda looked a lot like Libby from Neighbours - and if you ignore the ears, Ben wasn't a million miles away from later Drew either.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived