IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

The kale side salad at Chik Fil A is surprisingly good. With the grilled nuggets and a bottle of water, it's about the healthiest decent meal you can get from a drive thru. I've decided that we can agree to disagree on gay marriage for the sake of the chicken sandwiches and lemonade. Sorry, y'all.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not enjoy going to Chick Fil A knowing their politics, same as Hobby Lobby.

There are lots of other places to eat and shop.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I could not enjoy going to Chick Fil A knowing their politics, same as Hobby Lobby.

There are lots of other places to eat and shop.

We have no Chik-Fil-A anywhere around here and I'm a vegetarian anyway, so that's a non-issue for me. But we do have a Hobby Lobby very nearby and my daughter and I refuse to go there. It would be fun to have a look (I love buying crafty things and then never using them...) but I can't support that. I don't judge people for making a different choice and it's not like I thoroughly vet every business I patronize, but when they put it out there like that, I just can't support it. It's for the best, since like I said I would never do those craft projects anyway! Anyone want some wool, felting needles, adult coloring books, gel pens, glue guns, yarn, knitting needles, or scratch art paper? Just kidding, you can't have them, because I'm still telling myself I'll use them one day, despite all evidence to the contrary.

We have a Hobby Lobby about 30 miles away. I went in before I knew about them. They have some nice yarn. Sigh. I don't go there any more.

I will never shop at Walmart.

They gave a faulty floor polisher to a 19 year old to use, it shorted and he died.

His parents sued, Walmart settled out of court for somethng like 300K.  

They carry 1 million DEAD PEASANT insurance on each employee.  They made roughly 700K from killing that young man.

All this happened in New Brunswick.

13 hours ago, Henk12 said:

Snip.

I've never had Chic fil a. I don't think I've ever seen one here in MI. This thread has made me super curious though. 

Oakland U has one on campus and I think they just put a new one up in Troy.

Oh and its a toss-up on who has my fave fries, Five Guys or National Coney Island chili cheese fries. Ugh now I'm hungry!

40 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:
13 hours ago, Henk12 said:

I've never had Chic fil a. I don't think I've ever seen one here in MI. This thread has made me super curious though. 

I dont know where you are in Michigan, however, just this year in January, another one went up in Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo (Portage).  There's at least one more going into the Grand Rapids Area and possibly one more really close to where I go to college (Which I would love).  Also Edit- I just looked it up and there is one in Lansing and Okemos now which I didn't know about but thats cool :)

I love CFA but I honestly think its because I don't get it that often.  I am friends with people who live in other states that have them everywhere and they get tired of it just as quickly as one would get tired of BK or something.  However, I love the fact that CFA has the grilled nuggets because I am gluten free so it works out wonderfully!

Just on the cows with poor spelling thing - for what little it's worth, my assistance dog has her own blog in the first dog voice. We get lots of compliments on how good her spelling and grammar is.

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

Just on the cows with poor spelling thing - for what little it's worth, my assistance dog has her own blog in the first dog voice. We get lots of compliments on how good her spelling and grammar is.

Yeah, I figure dogs are always going to be a couple steps ahead of the bovine element in terms of education and general self-improvement. As well, she probably saw those old cheeseburger macros and thought, "I need to represent my people better than this."

2 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

I figure that the misspelling/bad grammar is just similar to the lolcats "I can has cheezburger" thing. When I write texts to my mom or sister as the family dog, I write things like "y hoominz no pay atenshun 2 me am very confus" or "hoomin plz give me biskitz" or "if not good boy, what am dog", but that's mostly because our dog is an exceptionally dumb dog (as in, runs into walls sometimes and doesn't understand object permanence), so that's totally how he would write/speak if he could.

6 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

However, I love the fact that CFA has the grilled nuggets because I am gluten free so it works out wonderfully!

CFA does not guarantee no gluten in their grilled chicken because of cross-contamination from shared prep space and cooking methods. Just FYI. (I'm GF but I don't darken the doors of CFA.)

48 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I figure that the misspelling/bad grammar is just similar to the lolcats "I can has cheezburger" thing. When I write texts to my mom or sister as the family dog, I write things like "y hoominz no pay atenshun 2 me am very confus" or "hoomin plz give me biskitz" or "if not good boy, what am dog", but that's mostly because our dog is an exceptionally dumb dog (as in, runs into walls sometimes and doesn't understand object permanence), so that's totally how he would write/speak if he could.

Good point.

Nothing gets past her for a second. Her IQ tested around 97 when she completed training & I would easily believe it has risen. She's so smart!

2 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Good point.

Nothing gets past her for a second. Her IQ tested around 97 when she completed training & I would easily believe it has risen. She's so smart!

Meanwhile, my dog's idea of a good time is eating goose turds, eating the resultant vomit from eating goose turds, and barking at mailboxes. He's lucky he's so cute.

Henry is 5 months old and these are some of the pictures!

19 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Five Guy's fries are fantastic!

We should have an FJ party and compare fries from various fast food restaurants.

OMG Five Guys. The best! And i love eating the nuts while waiting on my custom burger! 

Aww. Jessa looks so happy in that first photo. I think she's really enjoying motherhood. It makes me feel a teensy bit sorry for Jill. Neither of her births went the way she'd wanted or planned, and being a missionary wasn't all it was cracked up to be either. Having said that, I hope her situation makes her think a little bit. If she found dealing with one child on her own in a foreign country was difficult, having two kids will be incredibly draining. I'm hoping she stays in the US for a while (if not forever) otherwise she only has herself (ok, maybe Derick too) to blame.

Looks like a school or a hospital in the background. Visiting Aunt Jill or pediatrician appt maybe?

He is too cute!

6 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Looks like a school or a hospital in the background.

I'm thinking it's a hotel. Hospitals wouldn't have PTAC units.

Yeah could be! Didn't think about that, just the blocky style building and windows.  Think you're right though, especially if they're attending a wedding with Uncle Jeremy. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The one of Henry and Spurge is too cute.

Yes it is. Henry looks like he's trying to figure out what is going on with Spurgeon's head! 

13 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

CFA does not guarantee no gluten in their grilled chicken because of cross-contamination from shared prep space and cooking methods. Just FYI. (I'm GF but I don't darken the doors of CFA.)

Thanks! yeah, I am aware.  I am not sensitive enough to the cross contamination every once and a while. now if I ate it every day and the gluten built up again in my system that would be a different story! 

Remember, most gluten intolence is really a reaction to the modificaton in wheat or the use of Round-up in some countries still.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:13 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Five Guy's fries are fantastic!

We should have an FJ party and compare fries from various fast food restaurants.

Do all the Five Guys locations list where the potatoes come from for the fries? I've only eaten there once, but that was cool.

I also wonder if any other parts of the USA use fry sauce. I've heard that it's a regional thing. (And when I looked up Chik Fil A sauce, 3 or 4 recipes popped up. If anyone loves the sauce but hates the business, you could try making your own sauce. :) )

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived