Jump to content

Recommended Posts

emscm

I hate Chik Fil A's politics and can't patronize them even if I wanted to on the principle. But my unpopular opinion is that they are the worst of the fried chicken chains and I don't like their food anyway. Something about the breading on their chicken I just don't like. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Carm_88

    48

  • VelociRapture

    26

  • SapphireSlytherin

    25

  • nst

    22

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@FlamingFundie If homeschooling works for you and your kid that's great. But it's not tossing a kid to the wolves to enroll them in public school. As you said, it's the only real option for a lot

Meh, I went to public school and I loved it. Sometimes I was bored and sometimes I was challenged. That's life. But I'll go ahead and call my Mom up and chastise her for tossing me to the wolves

As much as Ben seems out of it, I hate to hear all the snark about 'toilet-cleaning' and menial jobs. A jobs a jobs and it seems kind of elitest to me. Just because he's a fundie doesn't mean a job li

Posted Images

Henk12
8 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Remember, most gluten intolence is really a reaction to the modificaton in wheat or the use of Round-up in some countries still.

 

My sister and I are both gluten intolerant here in the US but she travels a lot and any time she is in Europe she can eat gluten with no problem. I've never left the country so I wouldn't know how I'd react to it but here she gets a horrible rash and digestive issues if she eats it but in Europe she can eat bread and pasta, drink beer, etc with no problems. It's amazing. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurker

Five Guys here always list place of origin for the potatoes.  I love their fries!

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz
2 hours ago, Henk12 said:

My sister and I are both gluten intolerant here in the US but she travels a lot and any time she is in Europe she can eat gluten with no problem. I've never left the country so I wouldn't know how I'd react to it but here she gets a horrible rash and digestive issues if she eats it but in Europe she can eat bread and pasta, drink beer, etc with no problems. It's amazing. 

I have heard this before and actually just read it again on Facebook. 

I would love to know the analysis of the wheat in Europe and what the difference is in sourcing, farming etc. 

There is a lot more celiac/gluten intolerance and stores have sections of gluten free items. Which are all just processed products. Interesting and strange, would love to know the real analysis.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
SapphireSlytherin

Yep - gluten in the UK is 100% okay for me. I pig out on fish-n-chips, pasta, burgers, and beer while I'm there and have zero ill effects. I, too, have skin issues attributed to autoimmune issues - including scleroderma. When I'm off gluten, my skin will soften - same as when I have gluten overseas. If I eat gluten in the USA, my skin hardens almost instantaneously. Anecdotal evidence suggests I'm not the "Lone Ranger" with this response to American gluten.

Monsanto is poisoning us all. My fave is when a Monsanto headhunter reached out to me - offering me literally twice as much as I make right now - and I told her NO WAY. I won't work for them for love or money.

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz
44 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yep - gluten in the UK is 100% okay for me. I pig out on fish-n-chips, pasta, burgers, and beer while I'm there and have zero ill effects. I, too, have skin issues attributed to autoimmune issues - including scleroderma. When I'm off gluten, my skin will soften - same as when I have gluten overseas. If I eat gluten in the USA, my skin hardens almost instantaneously. Anecdotal evidence suggests I'm not the "Lone Ranger" with this response to American gluten.

Monsanto is poisoning us all. My fave is when a Monsanto headhunter reached out to me - offering me literally twice as much as I make right now - and I told her NO WAY. I won't work for them for love or money.

This is just so interesting to me. I will have to "google" it later on today. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylurker

Have we discussed that Ben and Jessa took ownership of Grandma Mary's house on June 27th? I mentioned it in the real estate thread, but thought I would mention it here as well.

  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
2manyKidzzz
8 minutes ago, Taylurker said:

Have we discussed that Ben and Jessa took ownership of Grandma Mary's house on June 27th? I mentioned it in the real estate thread, but thought I would mention it here as well.

You mean the one they have been living in? Two bedrooms? For all of the future blessings too?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylurker
3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

You mean the one they have been living in? Two bedrooms? For all of the future blessings too?

Indeed, that's the one.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
KnittingOwl
On 7/17/2017 at 8:32 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Monsanto is poisoning us all. My fave is when a Monsanto headhunter reached out to me - offering me literally twice as much as I make right now - and I told her NO WAY. I won't work for them for love or money.

When I finished grad school, there were two places I wouldn't work (unless it was a matter of family not having a place to live): Monsanto and cigarette companies. I lived in Richmond at the time, and Philip Morris was recruiting a lot of people from my program. Couldn't do it

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing

Maybe they took ownership so that they can sell it and put whatever money they get out of it toward a new house.

  • Upvote 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Taylurker said:

Have we discussed that Ben and Jessa took ownership of Grandma Mary's house on June 27th? I mentioned it in the real estate thread, but thought I would mention it here as well.

I just figured out why Jessa is so passive agressive towards Jeremy.   Because they got a bigger and better house than the Seewalds 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Eternalbluepearl
19 minutes ago, nst said:

I just figured out why Jessa is so passive agressive towards Jeremy.   Because they got a bigger and better house than the Seewalds 

 

It seems everyone has gotten a bigger and better house than Ben and Jessa. Jill and Derek have a mansion they barely live in. Wouldn't it make more sense for the little house that Grandma Duggar owned be the place that Derek and Jill stay when they come home for visits? Eh, whatever. JimBob distributes real estate as he sees fit I guess.  

  • Upvote 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
Carm_88
3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe they took ownership so that they can sell it and put whatever money they get out of it toward a new house.

 I agree, this seems like the most likely scenario. Jessa has been talking about a new house for a while, and having a house to sell to have money for the down payment of another makes the most sense. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
BabyBottlePop

I was watching Counting On today in boredom, the episode where Jessa delivers Henry, and beforehand she and Jill go to look at a house Jim Boob had recently bought. Like, I knew Jill's house was nicer than Jessa's but when they flashed to Jill's house for a moment I was like Jeez! I shouldn't have been surprised considering that blue mansion they had pre-praycation in CA, and I know we've discussed how Jill is the golden child before, but it makes no sense how Jill gets that big house when she's not even going to live in it full time! 

Jessa was also talking about houses "in their price range" which just made me so curious again how money is doled out in their family. Beating a dead horse I know but I still wondered. I know Jessa and Ben are bringing in money but I still think JB has control of it, or at least some say. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It seems everyone has gotten a bigger and better house than Ben and Jessa. Jill and Derek have a mansion they barely live in. Wouldn't it make more sense for the little house that Grandma Duggar owned be the place that Derek and Jill stay when they come home for visits? Eh, whatever. JimBob distributes real estate as he sees fit I guess.  

I think the mansion was sold. Jill and Derick have been staying in the guest house. Right?

Edited by JoyJoy
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
VelociRapture

Keep in mind that when Jill and Hippy Jesus got married:

1. Jill was the only married daughter.

2. No one other than Fuckface had kids.

3. Derick was employed at Walmart. Meaning he may have been able to afford utilities and bills that Ben couldn't. 

That last one is kind of no longer relevant because Derick is a fucking moron. But Jessa has said multiple times that she liked having a smaller house at first because it requires less work. It could be that they were fine living there, likely rent free, until adding Henry to the herd. So I won't necessarily blame Boob immediately or this.

Regardless, if they're planning to purchase their own home that is a good thing. It won't change their beliefs, but it'd be one less part of their lives that her family would have a say in. 

  • Upvote 23
Link to post
Share on other sites
Carm_88
36 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I think the mansion was sold. Jill and Derick have been staying in the guest house. Right?

Yes they sold it. They do stay in the guest house now, when they are home. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • choralcrusader8613 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.