IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

I guess I don't have a sense of humour because it's so not funny to me. Not even dumb funny. But I supppse some people find it funny and there's gotta be something to laugh about in the current climate of the world :my_biggrin: . It's just really really weird to some people not from America.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jemima, of course I didn't think the cows wrote the sign! :pb_eek:

I was referring to the "all about us" page on Chick fil a's website. Their history begins factually and continues with a story about how some cows wrote on a sign, like it was also based in fact. And remind us that the duggars also like to confuse the boundaries between fact and fiction in their public portrayal of themselves,  so. CFA is an obvious place for them to eat. Sigh.

Anyway I have to get ready for a lunch date with a pal, and no, it's not at a chicken place!

10 minutes ago, Dugg@rTime said:

so. CFA is an obvious place for them to eat. Sigh.

This place is actually INSANELY popular, especially in the southern states. Where I'm from, most people have never eaten there, but when I went to college by D.C. it was the most popular fast food on campus. 

40 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

This place is actually INSANELY popular, especially in the southern states. Where I'm from, most people have never eaten there, but when I went to college by D.C. it was the most popular fast food on campus. 

It's come to New York, and as a Northerner, I kinda want to try it just to say that I did. Maybe I'll put in a big donation to Lambda Legal to cancel out my patronage there.

They used to have a good chicken salad sandwich but canceled that menu item. I don't bother to go any more.

I don't like the "Eat Mor Chickin" signs, even being held by a cow, because I see so much poor spelling and grammar from people that I don't want it promoted in any way. 

Since I've found out about their restrictive "christian" practices, I want  Chik Fil A to go away.

Chik Fil A has ridiculously good chicken nuggets, waffle fries and Coke slaw. But because of their "Christian beliefs" I don't dine their anymore. The irony is I only crave them on Sundays - when they aren't open. :my_cool:

I actually think it's kind of cute making the cows seem determined to survive by influencing people to eat more chicken, which the company just happens to sell.

I also am old enough to remember when stores etc were not open on Sunday, and it was  a true time of rest and family time.  I am not against anyone who wants to try and provide that for their workers.  Seems to me office folk mostly get a weekend off, why should they feel that retail should be at work to cater to them; is a feeling of superiority?  Or just that some of us are entitled, and others have to drudge.

11 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

here the mom and pop stores are all gone in my neighborhood.  The last one closed after like 30 years of being there. Where you could buy gum and talcum powder - 

It's sad.  711 is not the same. 

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's come to New York, and as a Northerner, I kinda want to try it just to say that I did. Maybe I'll put in a big donation to Lambda Legal to cancel out my patronage there.

A guy I know described it as "Why does hate have to taste so damn delicious?" So, since I have no self-control, I have decided that I'll just never ever try Chick-Fil-A. That way I don't know what I'm missing and won't be tempted all the time. :pb_lol:

15 minutes ago, JillyO said:

A guy I know described it as "Why does hate have to taste so damn delicious?" So, since I have no self-control, I have decided that I'll just never ever try Chick-Fil-A. That way I don't know what I'm missing and won't be tempted all the time. :pb_lol:

I've been using my cheat days to get gyros from the food truck run by a guy from Afghanistan a few blocks away from my work, but maybe one day I'll have to go to the dark side and give it a try. Just once. And then I'll shower with rainbow-colored soap, donate to a bunch of LGBT organizations, and watch RuPaul's Drag Race legally so he makes money as penance for my sin.

I must say that I occasionally crave the chicken nuggets/waffle fries dipped in "Chick fil A" sauce, it's delicious. Also, remember, that the official views of the company don't necessarily represent the views of the managers and employees.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to news articles. But a branch in Orlando opened up to serve free food to those helping after the Orlando shooting last year.

We broke down and went there once last summer to eat. I honestly don't know what the fuss is about. I like McDonalds chicken sandwich is better. Not that we ever eat fast food or anything.:laughing-jumpingpurple:

Sometimes I feel like I should stay away from the Jessa threads because those Seewald boys make my ovaries hurt. Especially lil Henry in a cow costume *passes out from the cute*

I've never had Chic fil a. I don't think I've ever seen one here in MI. This thread has made me super curious though. 

We have a Chick Fil-A in our New England town now. Husband and I have never eaten there and we never will. I prefer fast food that isn't served with a side of bigotry and hate. No company that promotes values that undermine my brother's right to live and function normally in society will get any business from me.

I also didn't get the hype, though I did enjoy their lemonade when I went. My undergrad campus has a franchise but I never ate cause bigotry and over-hypeness. 

Curiosity got the better of me last semester and I tried the chicken nuggets and their strange looking fries. The chicken with the honey mustard dipping sauce was really good, but I hated the fries. I didn't want to waste the fries so I put the fries in my car so I could take them home for the birds and opossums to eat later.  :) 

I'll confess I don't see how you can take advertisements depicting cows promoting the eating of chicken seriously. I sincerely wouldn't have understood that to be a specifically American type of humor. Life is learning.

As to "chiken," cows can't spell well, but at least they work in cooperation to succeed in their mission...

Many years ago, I read of that restaurant's budgetary proclivities, before it made the internet, so I've never eaten there; plus I don't enjoy much fast food anyway. However, I was in one once with someone (who, ten years ago, didn't think how these people spent their profit mattered, but has since repented,) and a woman plopped a diaper-clad baby on the counter, with no diaper cover, and plenty of employees saw, but no one said anything. I found it so repulsive, I now just associate that with the restaurant.

Five Guy's fries are fantastic!

We should have an FJ party and compare fries from various fast food restaurants.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived