IGNORED

Seewalds 23: Visiting Waco Again

Coconut Flan

http://people.com/tv/inside-jessa-duggar-seewald-day-to-day-two-kids/

Jessa talks about having 2 under 2. She wears Henry in a carrier while making the Spurge eggs in an idyllic, and totally not at all staged, scene of domestic bliss.

Not to be all BEC, but I don't know how she have all of that long hair down with two babies hanging off on to her. My ten month old would have ripped all of my hair out by now if I let it hang within her grasp.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're still teaching Spurgeon about sharing. Poor kid really didn't have much time on his own. I am sure it will get easier for him as more and more get added to the Seewald household. *Sarcasm of course* 

Kind of a shame. He's not going to understand why Henry is so cute when he used to be the main topic of interest.. I feel bad for him.

My sister was 3.5 years old when I was born (she is the oldest and I was next), and as per my Mom, my sis liked me for a day or so, then was pretty much over it and wanted me gone, baby, gone.  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

They're still teaching Spurgeon about sharing. Poor kid really didn't have much time on his own. I am sure it will get easier for him as more and more get added to the Seewald household. *Sarcasm of course* 

Honestly, it's hard for me to criticize her having her kids so close to together. My younger sister and I aren't even two years apart and are extremely close. While it might have sucked when we were toddler age, I have no idea how well we got along then, we've been inseparable since elementary school. And I have no doubt it'll do Henry and SPurgeon good to have a  close confidant. 

I honestly don't know anything about babies, but Henry's head did not look very well supported in the baby carrier. 

Heh, I think Spurgeon's going to be okay. No, I don't feel a bit sorry for him. Or for any other kid with a sibling. He will definitely survive no longer being his parents' sole focus. Now if it gets to the point where his parents have 15 kids they can't properly care for or give quality attention to, I'll feel sorry for them all.

Cooking while wearing a baby on front is a little bit of a no-no.... splatters and such happen.

Unless he really won't sleep otherwise, I really doubt wearing him always is necessary (plus it hurts your back eventually too). put him in a swing or bouncer or something (nearby) then you can deal with the other kiddo easier.

I'm sure she's just wearing him while dealing with S, for show, no other real reason.

My mom had to wear my twin brother basically whenever she was home because he was just so colicky and I know the family I babysit the same with their youngest too.

Me and my brother have a 4 year gap from our older sister and my mom said part of it was because she wanted my sister to be potty trained and I guess basically as independent as a 4 year old could be? haha. That video just made me realize how Jessa and Jill are going to be able to do that while popping more kids out, especially since they been boys for them just far.

I had my lot 'worn' or cradled almost all the time, but I chose attachment parenting. I never did the 'hello world' pose while cooking, it was appendages well inside the ride at all times in the kitchen, but in all honesty, having put on 5st with first pregnancy, up to doubling my weight on survivor number three, plus a prolapsed uterus and oddly forward jutting pelvis from spine injuries, the wee ones were well shielded from any splatter by my weird body shape.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lots of people have two young kids at the same time... bor-ing!

This is a TV show!?!

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Honestly, it's hard for me to criticize her having her kids so close to together. My younger sister and I aren't even two years apart and are extremely close. While it might have sucked when we were toddler age, I have no idea how well we got along then, we've been inseparable since elementary school. And I have no doubt it'll do Henry and SPurgeon good to have a  close confidant. 

I can't pick on Jessa and Ben for having their kids relatively close together either.  I hope they don't have a huge family, but my siblings and I were spaced just about 2 years apart and we grew up together, had our fights and sibling rivalry, but we also have so many shared experiences that we love to talk about and laugh about every time we get together now.   

Spurgeon won't even remember he was ever an only child. I liked the normalcy of please, toothbrushing and patience. She looses points for cooking with a newborn in front of you, and while she mostly supports his head, there is at least one shot where she doesn't. 

Spurgeon looks so much like one of my friends and his kid in the photos from his haircut. So much I had to take a second look. 

I forget how close my mom and her younger sister were, but she went to her oldest brother's house to stay with him and his wife during their mother's confinement.  She was told there would be a new doll at the house when she came back.  When she found out that the new "doll" was a new sister, she was so mad!  She said that she wanted to throw the new baby in the river.  Considering that they lived very near a river, that might have been a real possibility if my mom had been a bit bigger.  My mom and that sister were very close.

8 hours ago, karen77 said:

I'm sure she's just wearing him while dealing with S, for show, no other real reason.

I liked her facial expression when Spurgeon threw his head against the chair 

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Worked with a woman who had her first two 16 months apart and the third one 22 months after that.

Lawww have mercy.

I had 3 brothers in each grade of middle school when I was still teaching. True Irish triplets, 10 and 11 months apart. Single mom, she was amazing. They were HELLIONS. She could settle them with a look. 

Of all the things I can criticize Benessa for, the spacing of their spawn is pretty low on the list. 

Naming your children for rabidly anti-Catholic asses? Check.

Comparing abortion to the Holocaust? Check.

Walking through the fucking HOLOCAUST MUSEUM and coming out stating that evolution was the motivating cause for it? Double check. 

No amount of adorable kids or "sweet" social media posts will ever make up for this shit, no matter how much time passes since she wrote it and especially without even an attempted apology. Nice try though Jessa.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

She said that she wanted to throw the new baby in the river.  

When my grandma was born, the sister who was no longer the baby of the family wanted to flush her down the toilet.

@VelociRapture And then end with an anti-abortion statement. :my_angry:

7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I forget how close my mom and her younger sister were, but she went to her oldest brother's house to stay with him and his wife during their mother's confinement.  She was told there would be a new doll at the house when she came back.  When she found out that the new "doll" was a new sister, she was so mad!  She said that she wanted to throw the new baby in the river.  Considering that they lived very near a river, that might have been a real possibility if my mom had been a bit bigger.  My mom and that sister were very close.

Grandpa did that with his younger brother. Apparently age about four, he decide brother should learn to swim, so threw him off the harbour wall. Fortunately a nearby grown up saw and fished him out immediately.

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

Grandpa did that with his younger brother. Apparently age about four, he decide brother should learn to swim, so threw him off the harbour wall. Fortunately a nearby grown up saw and fished him out immediately.

A woman i know, when she was about three or so, decided that her little brother stank, so she put him inside the washing machine and tried to start it

I was quite happy with my sibling, I was 6 when he was born. My only disappointment was that he was a boy. Of course, I was also totally bored with being an only child, I didn't understand why all my cousins had siblings and I didn't. 

When I was a kid I thought it would be a good idea to burn my little brother at the stake. We had just learned about the Inquisition in school and I don't think I understood much about death yet, it just seemed like a way to get rid of people when you didn't like what they were doing (brother had made it his life's work to annoy the hell out of me). I tied him to a post on our back porch and gathered some branches from the yard to lie at his feet.  He was just happy I wanted to play with him and stood there obediently. I didn't figure out how to do any actual burning, though, since I knew I wasn't allowed to play with matches. So I started rubbing some sticks together in the hopes they would burst into flame.  My mother came outside after a while wondering why we were being so quiet.  She thought it was hysterical and took several pictures before setting my brother free. 

I was about 9, I think.  Clearly I would not have made a good sister mom! 

6 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

A woman i know, when she was about three or so, decided that her little brother stank, so she put him inside the washing machine and tried to start it

My sisters did that to each other when they were toddlers. We asked them why and they had no explanation other than "just because." Luckily my mom heard the screams of the one in the dryer and stopped it almost immediately or it could have been horribly tragic.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived