IGNORED

Jinjer: Shopping in Bookstores

Coconut Flan

44 minutes ago, KimJongJimBob said:

Is it at all possible that some of the girls (specifically thinking Jana and Jinger) have just realized that it's easier to play along than it is to try and be yourself? I don't doubt that they believe in Christianity as a whole, but that they just have to stomach the rest of it until they find a new headship? I think there are enough ex-fundie horror stories floating around to keep them in line, but I'm sure there are also examples of women living a perfectly Godly life outside of Gothard to keep their morale up until they can drop the charade. 

They're all so brainwashed, that I'm sure anything out of their normal would freak them out. They'd need to be deprogrammed. And if they did decide that their entire upbringing was a lie (I'm an atheist), they'd have extreme guilt feelings for turning their backs on their families. Family bonds are strong, especially when they're founded on a "truth" that is figuratively (literally?) beaten into them from the moment they're born.

I truly have hope that at least ONE of these kids can wake up, get out, and get the help they'll need to undo a lifetime of emotional/spiritual/(physical?) abuse. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once JB is too infirmed or addled to care, that's when it will really start to crumble. His father died in his 70s and JB doesn't have the healthiest habits or live in an area known for having the healthiest of life styles, so...

There comes a time when the children become the parents and V/V. JB's time is coming.

1 hour ago, mpheels said:

I do think that Jeremy sees the world differently than JB & Michelle, and he JinJer will slowly drift away from some of the specific Gothard/Quiverfull beliefs. 

Jeremy sees the world differently because Jeremy has seen the world (and not through TLC sponsored family vacations). I'm sort of hoping they go down the same route as Chad and Erin or John and Alyssa -- definitely still conservative Christian, but really distancing themselves from the suuuuuuper strict confines of Jinger's upbringing. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

And if they did decide that their entire upbringing was a lie (I'm an atheist), they'd have extreme guilt feelings for turning their backs on their families. Family bonds are strong, especially when they're founded on a "truth" that is figuratively (literally?) beaten into them from the moment they're born.

I can vouch for this, I grew up strictly Mormon and while I have found peace, I know it would cause my family so much sorrow, worry and fear that I am "lost", going to hell or not going to be part of our forever family in heaven. 

So to spare them pain, out of love I live two lives essentially. 

Just now, TatiFish9 said:

Who is the lady next to Jana on our right. I feel like I saw her in another picture recently.

That's their friend Laura. She's been hanging around them for years.

On 6/2/2017 at 3:49 PM, Nikedagain? said:

Joe a Slytherin? I think I would have put him squarely in Hufflepuff with JD and Joy. I am curious about your take on this! 

Proposing at your sister's wedding is so Slytherin. lol And I say that as a proud student of the house.

Joe wants to marry Kendra. He wants to do it in their timing but he still has to adhere to the "stupid" rules of the family business. This means he has to wait until Joy is married first. What does he do? He proposes the DAY of her ceremony. lol That is both ambitious and resourceful. I feel like he has always been one to do things on his own terms without causing too much alarm from the parentals. It's his way of having control in a system that darn near steals it from individuals.

Also, he appeals to Kendra's emotional needs/insecurities??? in a cunning way. More on that as the next season progresses.

Btw, does anyone know Kendra's birthday?

39 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

That's their friend Laura. She's been hanging around them for years.

Oh. I have no idea who she is. I know the likes of Sierra, Hartonos and even Flame lol. They seem to be the more popular friends, I guess because they had stories on the show.

9 hours ago, Pasta said:

Jessa had to endure her dad humping in the golf course so I'm sure she thinks that's how pda is and doesn't want to be like that.  I don't know though. 

I respect that about her and Ben.

However, the look she gives her parents when they were completely inconsiderate with their groping in front of a couple who were probably struggling to maintain purity (despite strong attraction) and the look she gave when Jinger explained why she and Jeremy defined their own courtship rules to include physicality were not the same.

In general, I like Jessa. She seems to be as authentic as someone taught to be cheery all the time can get. I think she really took her time to get to know Ben to make sure he wasn't a fame monger trying to get in her pants for the sole reason that she was a Duggar. And I think she is a critical thinker or at least aims to be one within the confines of her religious beliefs.

However, she can be a know it all especially when it comes to relationships.LoL And she is competitive even if she pretends to not care about all that kind of stuff. Because of those things, I couldn't tell if her expressions were based on NO there is a right way to court and heavy affection before marriage is not it or she was feeling some type of way...hating a break in tradition because it was something she had to sacrifice at that level.

Remember she did give Ben a front hug after he proposed.  So she chose her own moment to break courtship rules in front of others.

With that said Jinjer were hardly inappropriate by normal standards. He has his hands around her neck, held her close in a casual way and touched her knee. That is not PDA in my opinion. I also think they considered kissing or actually did because I remember Jim Bob saying he did not think they were ready to swap spit. Honestly, Jim Bob was so inappropriate in his scrutiny, I couldn't take it. But at the same time in their belief system that is his role. So I dunno.

But yeah Jessa was feeling some type of way...but hard to say exactly why.

2 minutes ago, ItsMeY'all said:

That picture looks like they are still in Waco at Magnolia Market.

I must admit that I don't understand their obsession. Texas is a huge state and there is so much more to see than Waco.

11 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

They're all so brainwashed, that I'm sure anything out of their normal would freak them out. They'd need to be deprogrammed...

...I truly have hope that at least ONE of these kids can wake up, get out, and get the help they'll need to undo a lifetime of emotional/spiritual/(physical?) abuse. But I'm not holding my breath.

I was only actively 'in' for just over three years (& he and his family hid it beautifully until we were married), then a little more than four years in the hand-off marriage. I started therapy in secret in the second year of my first marriage and officially 'finished' it in 2010. I'm dealing with after effects and PTSD to this day. There are noticeably more better periods and these are longer, but it never totally goes away and it bleeds over into every area. The worst is when it pollutes professional life I find.

7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I must admit that I don't understand their obsession. Texas is a huge state and there is so much more to see than Waco.

From what I can gather, Magnolia Market is what would happen if Pinterest formed a corporate fiefdom. It's like Mecca for fundamentalist white girls.

I remember watching the engagement episodes of Jinger and Jeremy. It's nice that Jinger doesn't have a J bro named Jeremy. Bet she started calling him Babe since Jer is  what she calls her brother Jeremiah. 

When I just visited, I did a lot of historical tourism in Dallas and I just do not see them partaking in that. Not saying there's nothing that isn't historic, but it's not like they can go out for some drinks and karaoke either lol.

@TatiFish9 Joseph is also the only one who'd been able to escape to College, too. Granted, it was Clown College, under the watchful eyes of the Bateses, for a certificate, not a degree, but I always wonder how he managed that, and why Josiah didn't (it'll be interesting, in the next few years, as the Lost Boys hit 18, to see if any of they are allowed to go to College too.  I guess there's cash to think about, but having a kid actually get a proper Bible/theology qualification would be good for the brand...)

Oh, which brother was Joy being accountability partner for, when he was "interning" in the local government?  Do we think that after the Josh FRC debacle, JB will be trying to get another of his sons into politics?

They probably like Waco because it's small-er, conservative, and basic-bitch heaven lol.

Joy was interning with Jeremiah, I believe. Though, she's expressed interest in politics as well, i believe, so I think it's possible they were accountability buddies for each other

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Joy was interning with Jeremiah, I believe.

Close - it was Jedidiah.

IMG_7528.thumb.PNG.314bbbc54bacb9bd987d924d7a479b4c.PNG

Interesting that the caption says 'two' of the siblings exploring career options, would Joy be allowed to pursue that? Do you think that this is possibly one line of work that could be accepted?

On 2017-06-04 at 3:30 PM, AlwaysExcited said:

This reminded me about time when I was in first grade and only one in my class who could read. I read books recomended for third graders, but was forced to sit for 40 minutes and listen to my classmates learning how to read short words. I have no idea why teacher didn't allow me to read a book during those classes, it was utter nightmare for a 7 year old. 

That's horrible. How can a teacher not encourage reading? I was one of two that could read and we got to sit in the back and read a different book while our friends were learning. Our teacher was great at making all of us love books though and she read to us every afternoon. Easily the best part of the day. 

On 6/5/2017 at 4:39 PM, KimJongJimBob said:

Jeremy sees the world differently because Jeremy has seen the world (and not through TLC sponsored family vacations). I'm sort of hoping they go down the same route as Chad and Erin or John and Alyssa -- definitely still conservative Christian, but really distancing themselves from the suuuuuuper strict confines of Jinger's upbringing. 

Honestly I think this is the most we can hope from for all of the older kids. The kids from Jed & Jer down we really don't know much abut, since the twins were what 14/15 when the show went off the air and weren't included much in the Counting on show since they were under 18. And Counting on was really just about selling off the unmarrieds now that they've gotten Jinger Joy & Joe taken are of they need to get Jana & JD, especially, taken care of than the only eligible kids to married right now are Si, Jed & Jer, Jason will be 18 in 10 months but Johanna won't be 18 for 6 & 1/2 years. No way the boys courting & marrying can carry this for 6 1/2 and that is on the assumption Johanna will start courting at 18.  Honestly once Jana marries and has her 1st kids the fans are totally bored.  If the Duggar's weren't so lazy they could Vlog and make damn good money, if they could get up the subscribers. But that is a LOT OF WORK and they are too lazy. 

On 6/5/2017 at 8:38 PM, TatiFish9 said:

Remember she did give Ben a front hug after he proposed.  So she chose her own moment to break courtship rules in front of others.

With that said Jinjer were hardly inappropriate by normal standards. He has his hands around her neck, held her close in a casual way and touched her knee. That is not PDA in my opinion. I also think they considered kissing or actually did because I remember Jim Bob saying he did not think they were ready to swap spit. Honestly, Jim Bob was so inappropriate in his scrutiny, I couldn't take it. But at the same time in their belief system that is his role. So I dunno.

But yeah Jessa was feeling some type of way...but hard to say exactly why.

I remember that Jinger was the chaperone for when Ben proposed, I remember her saying something like she decided to let them have that moment when the producers asked her about it. Maybe that was an inkling that she thought the standard courtship were too strict? 

I don't like much PDA myself but I think how Jeremy and Jinger acted was fine and it was refreshing. What I can't stand is people who are constantly kissing in front of others (had a friend that did that alot when we were younger...like it didn't already suck to to the 3rd wheel!)  I hope they do not become super annoying like that on the next season of the show. The constant "baaaaaabbbbbbeeeee" talk is bad enough.

Also JB is so icky in the way he talks about kissing or sex. I wonder if Jinger isn't pregnant yet if he will be teasing them on the new season that they "haven't figured it out yet" :5624796eb979b_doh1:

21 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Also JB is so icky in the way he talks about kissing or sex. I wonder if Jinger isn't pregnant yet if he will be teasing them on the new season that they "haven't figured it out yet" :5624796eb979b_doh1:

So gross! I'm glad my father would never be like JB in that respect!

I would really hope that Jinjer won't get pregnant until their first anniversary, but with the family's obsession with sex and babies, it's only a matter of time. I would just hope at that point that it is what they want rather than what the Duggars want.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived