IGNORED

Anna's sister Esther

snickerz

And after that list, I totally thought "Radiation Baby" was the newest baby's name. :roll:

In keeping with the ridiculousness of the name "Agape" (if the name you are considering for your baby is a homograph don't use it. Just don't.) they can call Radiation Baby "Aglow". :mrgreen:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got it! Radiation is why I'm a feminist super green corduroy pants wearing university educated eco freak! Yay! It's also why I love dark chocolate and merlot, the reason for my pants size!

So fun - thanks Esther, I can blame light radiation on everything now! :dance:

Okay, she's nuts, but there does appear to be some fallout (no pun intended) on the Pacific Northwest from Fukushima, specifically a jump in infant mortality rates:

http://bit.ly/ms6eQu

ETA quick excerpt, because the article itself is long:

"In the US, physician Janette Sherman MD and epidemiologist Joseph Mangano published an essay shedding light on a 35 per cent spike in infant mortality in northwest cities that occurred after the Fukushima meltdown, and may well be the result of fallout from the stricken nuclear plant.

The eight cities included in the report are San Jose, Berkeley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Portland, Seattle, and Boise, and the time frame of the report included the ten weeks immediately following the disaster."

Last I read on the topic, it looks more like selective data manipulation (choosing date ranges purposefully to make it look like there were more miscarriages than usual).

Because it's what they need! Radiation needs electrolytes.

(Channeling Idiocracy here)

Electrolytes. It's what plants crave.

You mean like water out of the toilet?

Her husband is a real creeper though. Almost everything he posts, is beyond crazy fundie. Funny, because his siblings are definitely not fundie.

Well, his sister's page used to be slightly more open than it is now and she listed ATI as her education. Which makes me think that the family was fundie and all the kids but him got out of it.

Either way, I'm dying to know more about the Shraders and how such a ridiculous super fundie has siblings who seem so normal.

This thread is hilarious!

From his Facebook page: (Enoch - 7, Alatheia (Ah-lay-th-ee-ah, Greek word for "Truth") - 6, Timothy - 5, Nehemiah - 3, Agape (Ah-gah-pay, Greek word for Selfless Unconditional love like God's), and Elijah, a six month old (Sept, 2010). And now the Radiation Baby, June 2011.

So she fell pregnant with Radiation Baby almost the day after Elijah was born?? Or is she not really full term yet? Even so, that was quick.

This thread is hilarious!

So she fell pregnant with Radiation Baby almost the day after Elijah was born?? Or is she not really full term yet? Even so, that was quick.

I think he's saying that Elijah was six months old as of September 2010.

?? what is she talking about - must be some science that was covered in the ATI courses( probably has something to do with the moral values of photons) but missed on all the university physics I had to do - yet another reason to homeschool I guess

Herbal remedies, of course! And IV antibiotics, and God.

And no, they haven't been to Japan lately. They live in Oregon. I'm just one state away, so I guess I'll have to start watching out for radiation attaching to my electrolytes!

Oh my gosh I thought you were joking until I tracked down the conversation in a moment of boredom. Wow.

*psst* Hey Esther, that's not how biology works!

Wait a sec - IV antibiotics. What nutcase doctor prescribed *that*?!

Okay, she's nuts, but there does appear to be some fallout (no pun intended) on the Pacific Northwest from Fukushima, specifically a jump in infant mortality rates:

http://bit.ly/ms6eQu

ETA quick excerpt, because the article itself is long:

"In the US, physician Janette Sherman MD and epidemiologist Joseph Mangano published an essay shedding light on a 35 per cent spike in infant mortality in northwest cities that occurred after the Fukushima meltdown, and may well be the result of fallout from the stricken nuclear plant.

The eight cities included in the report are San Jose, Berkeley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Portland, Seattle, and Boise, and the time frame of the report included the ten weeks immediately following the disaster."

Soooo... lets assume that this isnt just some PHD candidate looking for some funding for a useless study and say its true. GO TO A DOCTOR YOU STUPID FOOL!!!

Now that that's said. Radiation made me stop at walgreens and buy 2 tubs of cotton candy (pink and blue). I'm now halfway through pink.

Last I read on the topic, it looks more like selective data manipulation (choosing date ranges purposefully to make it look like there were more miscarriages than usual).

Yeah, so I did some research and it appears this "essay" was published published on a website called counterpunch.org. I'm guessing they don't have a very rigorous peer review process. Here is the extent of their research (as far as I can tell)

4 weeks ending March 19, 2011 - 37 deaths (avg. 9.25 per week)

10 weeks ending May 28, 2011 - 125 deaths (avg.12.50 per week)

Hmm, I wonder why they did 10 weeks of data after the quake, but only 4 weeks of data before, wonder what the data would have looked like if they had taken 10 weeks of before data.....

I read a blog that posts some (what I consider to be) very wacky stuff (I read it for other reasons..the wackiness has been more recent).

Here are a couple of the posts, so this kind of info is out there:

http://thelyingchannel.blogspot.com/201 ... ue-to.html

http://thelyingchannel.blogspot.com/201 ... nwide.html

If you look around that site, they have a few posts about radiation coming to the US from Japan. I've never seen anything about it attaching to electrolytes, but to be honest, I tend to skip over the posts that are based in the realm of the conspiracy (IMO), since it's not what drew me to the blog in the first place.

There's a post from March that says "I can't believe Elijah's 1 already!" So he was 6 months old when Radiation Baby entered the quiver.

Radiation made me eat two pb and huckleberry j sandwiches and easy Mac mixed with a teeny can of tuna for dinner.

That and the husband and child are gone and I hate cooking for one. But mostly the radiation attacked my electrolytes

Radiation made me finish the last slice of lemon meringue pie and influenced me to take 8 ritz crackers to eat.

Crap. Finished off a snack size box of brownie bites. There's steak for dinner too. The light radiation made me do it. My electrolytes told me so.

... Gues my diet didn't start on Monday.... :oops:

I'm part of a private survivalist forum (um yeah, where did I put that tinfoil headcovering?) where many of the members have Geiger counters (and most have had them calibrated fairly recently, since the Cold War surplus ones tend to be off if they work at all).

That said, several members on the west coast test radiation levels immediately following and for a few weeks after the earthquake, once the news was out about the radiation leak. There was a small spike, but it was not enough to cause much of a difference. You get more radiation by walking outside in the sunlight, talking on a cell phone, or being in a room full of electronics that you would with the small increase on the west coast. (I can't say the measurements were totally accurate, but most of these people are very picky, known bullshitters get booted fast, and 2 of the members who interpreted the data have science backgrounds involving radiation so they should know their stuff).

I blame the light radiation for making me skip my workout today in favor of sitting around with one of my best friends watching Say Yes to the Dress and Project Runway... :greetings-wavegreen:

Wait, what was the topic? :doh: But seriously, are these people for real?? WOW. :shock:

Archived