IGNORED

Anna's sister Esther

snickerz

who was in labor when Anna was but her labor stopped - On Facebook she says " I went into labor Tuesday, thankfully late that night it stopped. There were two major things we were dealing with. 1. Dehydration from the light radiation (from Japan) attaching to the electrolytes in my body keeping me from being able to get hydrated. Got that under control. 2.I got a really bad case of strep A..."

Is she serious? She thinks Japanese radiation is affecting her & made her labor stall? I am having serious doubts about SOTDRT education.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The... light radiation from Japan? Attached to her electrolytes? I don't even know how to start snarking that, it's so redonkulous. :shock:

Wow. That's...special. :shock:

ETA: I'm just dying to know how she "got that under control."

I know she lives on the West Coast... I wonder if this is some new fundie mumbo-jumbo there. I suppose it's possible she's been to Asia recently... though not likely.

1. Dehydration from the light radiation (from Japan) attaching to the electrolytes in my body keeping me from being able to get hydrated.

Wait, was it the dehydration attaching to her electrolytes, or the light radiation (from Japan, no less) attaching to her electrolytes? It makes equal sense either way. As in no sense whatsoever.

This may be one of the stupidest things I've ever read online, and that is saying quite a lot.

Stupid, but not wholly unexpected, considering her education or lack thereof. And not nearly the stupidest labor/pregnancy story I've heard. Trot over to any parenting forum and you'll see stupider. Especially during some "epidemic."

It worries me that these people reproduce. And vote.

"Light radiation (from Japan)"? Really? Unless she was in Asia, shut it. My parents/siblings survived Chernobyl. Just yesterday a friend of my grandmother's told me his wife died because of the radiation. My cousin wasn't given the anti-radiation medicine because my family didn't belong to the communist party and they pulled all the communist kids out of class to take it. One of my family members miscarried A few years after Chernobyl because of what happened. But you know where they were when it all happened? 400 miles away. I highly doubt that radiation crossed the ocean and affected her.

How does radiation "attach" to electrolytes?

Because it's what they need! Radiation needs electrolytes.

(Channeling Idiocracy here)

Because it's what they need! Radiation needs electrolytes.

(Channeling Idiocracy here)

:clap:

Can someone please take that woman to a doctor? Ugh... poor baby

I'm just dying to know how she "got that under control."

Herbal remedies, of course! And IV antibiotics, and God.

And no, they haven't been to Japan lately. They live in Oregon. I'm just one state away, so I guess I'll have to start watching out for radiation attaching to my electrolytes!

Crap! I'm eight hours off the mainland by boat into the Pacific! I have to find something to blame the light radiation for, quick! I can't seem to get my hair into a nice ponytail today, maybe that's why!!! :doh:

AAAAAAAHHHH. Not LIGHT radiation. That stuff is nasty. From what I understand, when it hits the rods in your eye it causes cis-retinal to ISOMERIZE to trans-retinal. That's right I said TRANS-retinal. You know how evil those trans-compounds are. Ladies, hide your children, and the manatess, please don't forget the manatees!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous
Wow. That's...special. :shock:

ETA: I'm just dying to know how she "got that under control."

Miso soup maybe? Kelp? Now all she needs is a little Ativan for her obvious anxiety issues, and baby will finally be at peace and able to emerge.

Clearly, God and Japan, working together, did not purpose them to have the baby that day.

That might just be the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Considering that I've read VF stuff, that's saying something.

Just W.O.W. and I never was much good at science, still.......................Maybe she used windex to stop it? [Remember the Dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding?]

Wow, this is why people need good science educations. I'm sure a decent number of non-fundies would believe the same crap. It's amazing the quackery people will believe and who will believe it.

Wow, this is why people need good science educations. I'm sure a decent number of non-fundies would believe the same crap. It's amazing the quackery people will believe and who will believe it.

AMEN!

One of the biggest fundie science fails, I encountered was back on Latisha's blog before she flounced. Her and TheChad don't like microwaves and she did some "research" for her cause. This is what she came up with (globalhealingcenter.com/microwave-radiation.html). A bunch of it is just wack, but a fair amount of it is just flat out wrong science (particularly the info in photolytic compounds). Since it supported her opinion she posted it on her blog to warn her readers and encourage them to do their "research". This purposed me to make my first and last post on a fundie blog explaining the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and told her it did no good to spread false information. Well, rather than listen to lil' ol' me with a BS in biology and chemistry and an MS and PhD in pharmacology, she said I had a "bad attitude" and would no longer allow me to post on her blog. And this women will be teaching science to at least 5 kids. Grand. Though, to be fair, its not only fundies that fall for this stuff.

Herbal remedies, of course! And IV antibiotics, and God.

And no, they haven't been to Japan lately. They live in Oregon. I'm just one state away, so I guess I'll have to start watching out for radiation attaching to my electrolytes!

Antibiotics cure radiation, now? And here I thought they were just for, you know, bacteria.

I live one province away from the Pacific coast. Am I safe? Or should I put on my tinfoil hat? :think:

So glad you posted this! Now I know why I can't seem to lose weight. I also live on the West Coast and that darn radiation from Japan must have attached itself to my fat cells or electrolytes, or....something. I need to get this under control. Wonder if she'd share with her control method with me...

Archived