IGNORED

Anna's sister Esther

snickerz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that that's said. Radiation made me stop at walgreens and buy 2 tubs of cotton candy (pink and blue). I'm now halfway through pink.

Well, clearly the radiation has affected your mind, because cotton candy is of the devil*. :evil:

*(said by someone who once volunteered to make it at a rodeo...I will now never eat it again! By the time I was done, it was in my nose, the corners of my eyes, my ears--my freakin' EARS! Horrid stuff!)

Hmmm...'scuse me, off to go volunteer at a chocolate factory.

wow, can someone pls post on her FB and ask her how she found out the radiation was causing her labour, and what she did about it?

(add something that seems earnest, like, I had contractions too, or whatever. wait until she responds before you mention all the other issues the radiation has caused us!)

From his Facebook page: (Enoch - 7, Alatheia (Ah-lay-th-ee-ah, Greek word for "Truth") - 6, Timothy - 5, Nehemiah - 3, Agape (Ah-gah-pay, Greek word for Selfless Unconditional love like God's), and Elijah, a six month old (Sept, 2010). And now the Radiation Baby, June 2011.

:? Umm, yeah. Great names :shock:

And I think I'll go with radiation=weight gain too. Surely it wasn't the Sonic I just ate right? Nah, definitely radiation.

I think the baby is going to have superpowers. Because any foray however brief into the Marvel Universe shows us that radiation means superpower! I hope the baby isn't like The Thing. The Thing would be hard to give birth to. Although Mr. Fantastic would take forever.(being stretchy and all.)

Radiation made me put on my nightgown the moment I got home.

I am so dehydrated from that light Japan radiation (or Japanese light radiation) that I am going to have to knock back a glass of wine. or two. and some cheese and chocolate. Will it be enough to knock the radiation off my electrolytes? probably not. Let's see, what else can I eat.....

(edit - can't spell, or can't type, or the wine is kicking in nicely)

I am so dehydrated from that light Japan radiation (or Japanese light radiation) that I am going to have to knock back a glass of wine. or two. and some cheese and chocolate. Will it be enough to knock the radiation off my electrolytes? probably not. Let's see, what else can I eat.....

(edit - can't spell, or can't type, or the wine is kicking in nicely)

I don't think it's the wine, it's the radiation.

I think the light radiation has clouded the reality that Esther probably had gestational diabetes and due to the effects of the light radiation, forgot to go to the doctor, well, ever, to be checked out.

As for me, I am half a mile away from Lawrence Berkeley Lab 5 days a week, so I can't be blamed for that chocolate cheesecake I bought for my birthday on Sunday. :banana-rock:

I got on the scale this morning and discovered that since I fell off the diet wagon, I've gained 13 lbs back. Definitely the radiation.

Awesome! something to blame for my own weight weirdness. Maybe I can go as far as to blame it for the horrible colds my family has been blessed with? One right after the other, we are truly loved, people love to share their colds with us. Ugh.

Radiation- seriously? I was worried for a bit at the beginning, until hubby explained that there was nothing to worry about. He's the science/math geek in the family (he gets excited over excel.. that say something? LOL) and he most likely knows what he was talking about. Now, the Tsunami alert was a different story, and we would worry if it actually did happen over here. We do not want anything to happen to the Willamette river, since hubby didn't think to buy flood insurance. Now I can see him reconsidering his decision LOL.

I have just scanned this thread because the radiation is attaching itself to the neutrons in my pancreas and making me impatient, but like someone said upwards, this thread is hilarious. Especially the tinfoil baby. Maybe that's what me and the little one will be for Halloween. Crazies.

I don't think it's the wine, it's the radiation.

That's why I can't spell. Light radiation. It must have mutated my spelling genes. Awesome. If only I had known this back when I was in school.

I had an amazing interview today. Which is contrasted to the last interview I had which I sucked at.

I have to assume that the radiation didn't attach to my electrolytes this time. Probably thwarted by the chick-fil-a biscuit I had this morning.

It is the radiation which made me eat half a pint of pistachio ice cream last night

Well, I have my answer. I drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of cheese puffs and mini tacos the other night.

I bet the sick I felt all the next day was just my electrolytes balancing out.

Ugh, as a science person (a real one, with a high level degree, not one of Gothard's courses) this stuff makes me insane!! Radiation is ENERGY. Energy does not and can not attach to anything. Its not a physical object or even a microbe, like virus, that can infect people and attach to cells,etc. Radiation is oscillating waves of electromagnetic energy and does not affect a person's electrolytes. I'd also like to know if she even knows what electrolytes are. Specifically why we need them, what they do for our bodies, and that they are NOT those stupid little cartoons that are shown in the Gatorade commercials. Okay, science rant over. This just made me so mad.

Well, she must have gotten the radiation thing under control - she had the baby yesterday.

We are praising the Lord for the safe, healthy, uncomplicated birth of our precious daughter! Charis (greek word for grace) Elisabeth Shrader born Saturday night at 6:43, 8 lbs. 21 inches. Thank you so much for all of your prayers!!! God is so merciful to give of 7 of His rewards!!!

Well, she must have gotten the radiation thing under control - she had the baby yesterday.

We are praising the Lord for the safe, healthy, uncomplicated birth of our precious daughter! Charis (greek word for grace) Elisabeth Shrader born Saturday night at 6:43, 8 lbs. 21 inches. Thank you so much for all of your prayers!!! God is so merciful to give of 7 of His rewards!!!

I always wonder how Fundies pronounce these names they pick. Charis isn't used as a name in Greece (she was a goddess, but it's not like Diana or anything. It's very very rare)! It's like those exchange students who try to anglicize their names without really understanding our naming customs and picking something like "Rock" or "Beauty" because it means something pretty and is an English word. How do you think they will pronounce "Charis"? In Greek it sounds something like "HAH-riss" which is not a very pretty sound in English.

Does she and her husband share Ann Coulter's thinking that radiation is good for you?

That certainly explains a lot about Ann Coulter :shock:

Hmmm....she had the baby exactly on its due date. Must have been that damn radiation.

Guest Anonymous

I always wonder how Fundies pronounce these names they pick. Charis isn't used as a name in Greece (she was a goddess, but it's not like Diana or anything. It's very very rare)! It's like those exchange students who try to anglicize their names without really understanding our naming customs and picking something like "Rock" or "Beauty" because it means something pretty and is an English word. How do you think they will pronounce "Charis"? In Greek it sounds something like "HAH-riss" which is not a very pretty sound in English.

It may be because I still know too much about pokemon from way back when I was 12-ish, but upon reading "Charis" I immediately thought of Charizard. Perhaps the radiation imbued her cells with a subconscious appreciation of Japanese animation?

Archived