IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians

fraurosena

I noticed last weekend that one of my cousins changed his political views on FB to "Trump Republican". I'm just like... what does that even mean?

I suddenly feel the urge to go through his likes to see if he likes Faux News.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

I noticed last weekend that one of my cousins changed his political views on FB to "Trump Republican". I'm just like... what does that even mean?

It sounds like they’re trying to make that a word for the God and Guns types.

15 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Wouldn't it be easier for him to say that he's admitting he's a racist, sexist, homophobic jerk?  Or does Facebook have some sort of character limitation? 

:confusion-scratchheadblue:

42 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Wouldn't it be easier for him to say that he's admitting he's a racist, sexist, homophobic jerk?  Or does Facebook have some sort of character limitation? 

:confusion-scratchheadblue:

Perhaps that's the new shorthand?

6 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Perhaps that's the new shorthand?

Easy identifier. But it works both ways. We don't have to scour through emails, facebook posts or inadvertently find ourselves in the company of one of them.

I think of Trump Republican as someone part of the cult that has undying loyalty to the buffoon. They are true believers, love his doctrine, and will follow their god no matter what - even if he shoots someone on 5th Avenue. 

23 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The article doesn't specify that she's a BT, but based on her actions, I believe she must be: "Gym teacher accused of assaulting student who wouldn’t stand for Pledge of Allegiance"

Reveal hidden contents

A 20-year veteran teacher is accused of assaulting a middle school student who refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, the latest incident in which a protest over the flag has devolved into apparent violence.

The teacher is Karen Smith, who until recently taught physical education at Angevine Middle School, about 20 miles north of Denver. She couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

Officers were called to the school around noon Thursday, the Denver Post reported. Neither the school nor the police released details, and the student’s name has not been released. No charges have been filed.

A school spokesman told the newspaper that the policy is to allow students to sit or stand during the pledge.

In a letter to families obtained by Denver CBS affiliate KCNC-TV, Principal Mike Medina told families that “we will have a substitute teacher working with some of our PE classes for the time being.”

He added that Smith had been placed on paid administrative leave and that the school was “working closely with our partners at the Lafayette Police Department.”

Protests involving the American flag have become a flash point in the last two years since then-NFL player Colin Kaepernick knelt during the national anthem to protest racial injustice.

His example was followed by other NFL players, athletes in other sports and countless people with similar stances.

Those who kneel see the act as a powerful, nonviolent way to protest racial injustice, particularly society’s inaction when police kill unarmed African Americans.

Critics say it is an unacceptable assault on the values and mores of the United States — and its most potent symbol. Others in this camp say the protests are a disrespectful slap in the face to veterans of all races who have fought or died for American freedoms.

... < tweets >

The differences of opinion frequently boil over into the public sphere, debates that are always contentious and sometimes violent.

In October, a woman was recorded throwing her drink on two men who knelt during the national anthem at a Los Angeles Lakers game, according to the Daily Mail. “Excuse me, this is for the national anthem you pieces of s—,” she yelled as she tossed the beverage. “Disrespect our flag and our country, and that’s how we’ll react.”

The Long Island Diocese of Rockville Centre, which runs a Catholic school system, said in September that students who kneel during the anthem would face “serious disciplinary action,” according to the New York Times. Athletes who didn’t “stand in a respectful manner” could see reduced playing time or be kicked off the team.

In October, a Native American high school football player successfully sued a California school district, which required students and staff to stand and remove their hats when the anthem was played, according to Yahoo Sports.

“Students like our client who conscientiously carry their values and ideals with them cannot be silenced or directed on what to say or not say by their school in this manner,” Katie Traverso, an attorney for the student whose identity was not revealed in court documents, told the news organization.

Last year, President Trump injected himself into the kneeling controversy.

In a September speech in Alabama, President Trump called for NFL owners to suspend or fire any “son of a b—-” who doesn’t stand for the national anthem.

The remarks touched on an exposed nerve in a league where most of the players are black and most of the fans are white.

... < tweet from twitler >

As The Washington Post’s Cindy Boren wrote in November, the NFL doesn’t require its 1,600 players to stand. Owners, who met in October with players to discuss the issue, have declined to compel them to do so.

After Trump’s statements, NFL players — and in some cases owners, coaches and staff — engaged in a collective show of solidarity, standing with arms locked or kneeling or remaining in the locker room during the anthem.

Every time I read one of these stories about people insisting others stand for the Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance, this scene pops in my head:

:puke-front:

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20180204_auntc3.PNG

No, just no.  This is fake right.  I mean I know the racism is real, but the spelling? Well yes, I know it is real, but I just want to keep screaming NO.

This ticked me off. So the BT snowflakes have their panties in a wad because some of the American Olympians have spoken out against the Orange Menace, so the BTs are cheering against the American athletes. "New Winter Olympic sport: American 'fans' hating on American athletes who speak their mind"

Spoiler

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea – Perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised that Americans are now rooting for their fellow Americans to fail at the Olympic Games.

First it was Adam Rippon, then Lindsey Vonn, then Gus Kenworthy. All three dared to speak out critically against the leaders of our country, something that is about as American as apple pie, and very much in keeping with the First Amendment.

But exercising that right comes at a cost these days for America’s athletes. A sizable slice of the American public has decided that their allegiance to President Trump and Vice President Pence supercedes their red, white and blue devotion to their countrymen and women competing abroad in the largest regularly scheduled peacetime gathering of the world.

One would think that because criticism of Trump is so widespread across the country, his fans would ignore it by now. They didn’t lose the election; they won it. Declare victory, move on and wave the flag when Rippon takes the ice or Vonn and Kenworthy take to the slopes.

But no. These anti-American Americans become so rattled by the honest exchange of opinions that their anger gets the best of them. Then they end up treating a once-in-a-generation U.S. sports icon like Vonn as if she were a mortal enemy from the old CCCP. 

If you haven’t read what has been said on social media about Vonn and the openly gay Rippon and Kenworthy, let your imagination run wild: angry insults, personal attacks, nasty language, childish taunts, the works. It's a very different kind of criticism than what the athletes doled out to Trump and/or Pence. 

When Vonn, the 2010 Olympic downhill gold medalist, finished a disappointing sixth in the Super G the other day, her Twitter feed was filled with vitriol. It didn't matter that she is a terrific role model and one of the greatest U.S. Winter Olympians ever. Trump’s fans were out in force, furious that Vonn told CNN in December that she wouldn’t go to the White House for a post-Olympic celebration hosted by President Trump.

"I take the Olympics very seriously and what they mean and what they represent, what walking under our flag means in the opening ceremony," Vonn said then. “I want to represent our country well. I don't think that there are a lot of people currently in our government that do that."

Julie Foudy, the former U.S. soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist working for ESPN here, couldn’t believe what she was reading about Vonn on Twitter Saturday.

“I just spent last 20 mins reading thru tweets directed at @lindseyvonn," she wrote on Twitter. "Sickened & disgusted once again by the lack of humanity that engulfs our country. She just raced her damn heart out & Trump supporters gloat/cheer/celebrate her inability to medal. Is this what we’ve become?”

Several hours later, Vonn replied. 

“It’s ok Julie. Not everyone has to like me but my family loves me and I sleep well at night. I work hard and try to be the best person I can be. If they don’t like me their loss I guess… Thank you for the support.”

It came as no surprise that Vonn took the high road. It also came as no surprise that her detractors did not.

This ticked me off. So the BT snowflakes have their panties in a wad because some of the American Olympians have spoken out against the Orange Menace, so the BTs are cheering against the American athletes. "New Winter Olympic sport: American 'fans' hating on American athletes who speak their mind"

Reveal hidden contents

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea – Perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised that Americans are now rooting for their fellow Americans to fail at the Olympic Games.

First it was Adam Rippon, then Lindsey Vonn, then Gus Kenworthy. All three dared to speak out critically against the leaders of our country, something that is about as American as apple pie, and very much in keeping with the First Amendment.

But exercising that right comes at a cost these days for America’s athletes. A sizable slice of the American public has decided that their allegiance to President Trump and Vice President Pence supercedes their red, white and blue devotion to their countrymen and women competing abroad in the largest regularly scheduled peacetime gathering of the world.

One would think that because criticism of Trump is so widespread across the country, his fans would ignore it by now. They didn’t lose the election; they won it. Declare victory, move on and wave the flag when Rippon takes the ice or Vonn and Kenworthy take to the slopes.

But no. These anti-American Americans become so rattled by the honest exchange of opinions that their anger gets the best of them. Then they end up treating a once-in-a-generation U.S. sports icon like Vonn as if she were a mortal enemy from the old CCCP. 

If you haven’t read what has been said on social media about Vonn and the openly gay Rippon and Kenworthy, let your imagination run wild: angry insults, personal attacks, nasty language, childish taunts, the works. It's a very different kind of criticism than what the athletes doled out to Trump and/or Pence. 

When Vonn, the 2010 Olympic downhill gold medalist, finished a disappointing sixth in the Super G the other day, her Twitter feed was filled with vitriol. It didn't matter that she is a terrific role model and one of the greatest U.S. Winter Olympians ever. Trump’s fans were out in force, furious that Vonn told CNN in December that she wouldn’t go to the White House for a post-Olympic celebration hosted by President Trump.

"I take the Olympics very seriously and what they mean and what they represent, what walking under our flag means in the opening ceremony," Vonn said then. “I want to represent our country well. I don't think that there are a lot of people currently in our government that do that."

Julie Foudy, the former U.S. soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist working for ESPN here, couldn’t believe what she was reading about Vonn on Twitter Saturday.

“I just spent last 20 mins reading thru tweets directed at @lindseyvonn," she wrote on Twitter. "Sickened & disgusted once again by the lack of humanity that engulfs our country. She just raced her damn heart out & Trump supporters gloat/cheer/celebrate her inability to medal. Is this what we’ve become?”

“It’s ok Julie. Not everyone has to like me but my family loves me and I sleep well at night. I work hard and try to be the best person I can be. If they don’t like me their loss I guess… Thank you for the support.”

It came as no surprise that Vonn took the high road. It also came as no surprise that her detractors did not.

:shakehead2:

Reveal hidden contents

Deer Rufus! How childish can you get? :pb_rollseyes:

As my mother is a BT, this seems like a good place for it.

I very innocently asked if there was a back-up plan if my grandmother didn't receive the all clear to live in the States, and my mother responded that no, she has "the Lord." And then...

"Have faith, the Lord is about to clean house! Evil will be exposed! In Jesus name amen!"

"While we all have been sleeping, the devil has been busy. pizza gate is real, and I could go on and on there are large evil worshipping groups. They do sacrifice children eat their flesh and drink there blood. And they are angry because we are waking up and God will deal with them. We need to do our part and keep praying and don't be fooled by them. They want to make us angry and pit us against each other. Don't fall for it!"

"And no your mom's not crazy"

I have a feeling she'll never be convinced Trump isn't god's chosen. Even if he went live on TV and admitted guilt, she (and most BT, I think) would say it was liberals that made him do it.

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I have a feeling she'll never be convinced Trump isn't god's chosen. Even if he went live on TV and admitted guilt, she (and most BT, I think) would say it was liberals that made him do it.

I'm so sorry. :pb_sad: 

If my parents were still alive, I'd be in the same boat as you. There was a time when my folks were firmly in the "conservative, but sane" group, but long story short, Fox News got them both in the end. 

Deer Rufus! How childish can you get? :pb_rollseyes:

I give up. If I could I would leave tomorrow and never return.

• 2 weeks later...

Awww, the poor put upon Branch Trumpvidians can't get dates...

Multiple conservatives who talked with Washingtonian say that they have had more trouble getting dates in the wake of Trump’s election in 2016 — and even if they aren’t Trump supporters, they are being tarred with the same brush.

“The policies and these things that are attached to the right whether or not you’re a supporter of Trump have been pre-supposed on you, and it’s like a black mark,” says one reporter at a conservative publication.

“The political divide has gotten so wide that a lot of younger liberals don’t have any interest in meeting conservatives,” says another writer at the same publication.

One current Trump administration official says that he has trouble getting women to go on dates with him as soon as they find out who his boss is.

They made their beds now they can lie in the fornicating things...ALONE. 

30 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Awww, the poor put upon Branch Trumpvidians can't get dates...

They made their beds now they can lie in the fornicating things...ALONE. 

I love the president and the women are all lying bitches! But if he wants to grab pussy he can! There's too much political correctness, that's what's wrong with the world! If you ever get pregnant no healthcare for the baby! Or you, but that goes without saying. I'll keep you safe, I have rocket launchers in case the tyrannical government attacks us! And when little Junior grows up he goes to school with no immigrants in it! Because they have all been deported!  And he will be safe because the teachers are all armed! And they will shoot him if he gets lippy!  And I don't care what the evidence says, I'll stick to my opinions and you can't ever win an argument with me because I don't bother with facts and logic! That's the real Russian hoax, only commies deal with facts. So it's a date hun? 

This made me gag: "The Daily 202: Trump supporters in Pennsylvania embrace his 'obnoxious' personality"

Spoiler

MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. — How could conservatives be so critical of Barack Obama’s multilateral agreement with Iran to curtail their nuclear program but so supportive of Donald Trump meeting face to face with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un?

I posed that question to 30 supporters of the president over three hours on Saturday night as they waited to see Trump speak at a rally outside the Pittsburgh airport, where he campaigned for Republican congressional candidate Rick Saccone ahead of today’s special election. The answers had nothing to do with ideology and everything to do with personality.

“To me, Obama was a butt-kissing liberal. Trump is Teddy Roosevelt. He just might go in there and kick some a**,” said Paul Ambrose, 70, a retired apparel manufacturer who collects toy trains and lives by a golf course in Canonsburg, Pa. “It’s the fear factor. Kim’s kind of [pooping] his pants because Trump’s put the fear of God into him. Obama would have come and bowed. We’ve got a wild card here. We’ve got a cowboy. He ain’t on the reservation. He just may do something. That’s why they’re coming to the table. Now lock the damn door. Order coffee and doughnuts. Keep the press out. And nobody leaves until a deal is done. What can go wrong?”

Ambrose added that he does not like Trump as a man but thinks he’s an incredibly effective executive. “Do I like him as a person? Hell no,” Ambrose said of Trump. “He’s disgusting. He’s obnoxious. I don’t know how his wife stands him. He’s got the worst haircut in the world. No manners. Insolent. Arrogant. Obnoxious. But he gets things done. He cut taxes. He’s telling NAFTA to go pound salt.”

Many described Trump’s Thursday night gambit to accept a meeting with Kim, which caught even his top advisers off guard, as a masterstroke. The conversations offered a revealing window into why around 40 percent of Americans approve of the job he’s doing.

“He’s not just a good negotiator. He’s the best negotiator,” said Kim Shannon, 57, an ultrasound technician from Ohio, who called his decision to accept Kim’s offer “brilliant.” She downloaded “The Art of the Deal,” Trump’s 1987 book, on her Kindle and has been eager to read it. “Maybe I can learn something and help my personal finances,” she said. “He’s saved the country. It’s not done yet, but he’s going to become the greatest president to ever serve in office.”

Shannon remains as confident as ever that Trump will reverse decades of decline in the Ohio River Valley. When she was a kid in East Liverpool, Ohio, a nearby steel mill employed 6,000 people and kept the town thriving. It’s been shuttered for decades. “When I grew up, it was like Mayberry and Andy Griffith. Now it’s junkie-ville,” she said. “Everybody is in a holding pattern. We’re waiting for the factories to return, but I know they will. … For the first time in many, many years, I’m optimistic. Everything didn’t collapse at once and it will not return in one day. It’s going to take a period of years to return.”

Vendors sold T-shirts that said, “Trust in Trump” and “Built Trump Tough.” These messages captured the sentiments that came up repeatedly as people waited patiently to go through metal detectors in temperatures just above freezing.

During his 75-minute speech to a capacity crowd inside a hangar, Trump promised to go into any negotiation with clear eyes and to drive a hard bargain. “Who knows what’s going to happen? I may leave fast or we may sit down and make the greatest deal for the world,” he said. “Look, North Korea's tough. This should have been handled, by the way, over the last 30 years — not now. … But that's okay. Because that's what we do: We handle things.”

Trump urged the crowd not to jeer Kim. “For now, we have to be very nice,” the president said. (Instead, he egged the audience on as they booed NBC host Chuck Todd.)

You couldn’t help but get the feeling that if Trump had negotiated the Iran deal, with the same terms, many of his supporters would praise him for it. He retains a deep reservoir of credibility with his core base of supporters. There are precedents for this. Richard Nixon could go to China and Ronald Reagan could negotiate treaties reducing the nuclear stockpile because they were perceived as hawks.

“Instinctively, I love the man. He won’t give away the store or the farm,” said Paul Treese, 78, who brought his granddaughter to see the president. “Kim respects his toughness. Bill Clinton gave [North Korea] the sun, the moon and some of the planets. They laughed and went right on their way. That deal was broken before whoever negotiated it even got home. Same with the Iran deal ... Because Obama was soft slush.”

“Because he’s a businessman, nobody can pull wool over his eyes when it comes to negotiations,” said John Kotse, 68, a retired lab technician. “I could have negotiated with Iran better than Obama did. He got nothing. That was just plain stupid.”

“Obama never actually tried to negotiate. He just apologized for us,” said Ed Campbell, 68, a retired airline pilot.

“I don’t think he’ll do what the Democrats say, which is to start a war,” said Cheryl Mantich, 65, a retired second-grade teacher. “I think it’s always good to talk.”

“Everyone says there’s too much bluster, but look at the results,” said Nick Nadeau, 25, a mechanical engineer at a 3-D printing plant in Harrisburg. “He got North Korea to come to the table. I trust him to do what’s right.”

There’s always an eclectic cast of characters at Trump events. Titus North ran for Congress twice as a Green Party candidate against Rep. Mike Doyle (D-Pa.). But he registered as a Republican to vote for Trump in the 2016 primary and remains a fan. “I liked him saying he could get along with [Vladimir] Putin,” said North, an insurance agent.

He thinks Trump is playing chess while his critics play checkers. “The foreign policy establishment and the media just want the status quo with North Korea,” said North. “Trump’s belligerence wasn’t aimed at the North Koreans. They were already scared. … This was aimed at scaring the media and establishment to think he was serious. … If the alternative is war, they’re going to let him negotiate.”

Ben Safer, a junior at West Virginia University who is majoring in mine engineering, was the only person I spoke with who thought Obama might also have been able to negotiate a good deal with Pyongyang. He said his first choice for the GOP nomination in 2016 was Marco Rubio. His second choice was Ted Cruz. “I was initially a little ‘eh’ on Trump,” he said. “There are moments when I look at his Twitter feed and shake my head, but overall I think he’s done a good job.”

The 22-year-old, who was wearing a miner’s hat, volunteered before I asked about North Korea that he was “excited” Trump agreed to a tête-à-tête with Kim because the president is at his best when he’s reaching out to people who disagree with him.

“That’s been the biggest threat we face,” Safer said of North Korea. “If he keeps a cool head, I hope he can make a deal. I will give Obama this: He always kept a very cool head. … There was a lot I didn’t like with Obama — especially coal wise — but he was pretty coolheaded.”

These people are freaking crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that can stop a bad Nazi with a gun is a stupid Nazi who accidentally tells about it to the 911 dispatcher. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived