• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thanks for reminding me about that cheese I need to grate! :pb_lol:

This Trump voter wanted Trump's policies to hurt some other people 

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This Trump voter wanted Trump's policies to hurt some other people 

No sweetheart he does not care.  It is all about the con for him and his marks.  Of which you are one.  And highlighting woman owned sounds a lot like a democrat.  Why aren't you like Mother Pence?  Sarcasm fully intended and apologize for making anyone nauseous.

I'm so very sick of the BTs whining that they feel disrespected. Grow the hell up. "The Daily 202: Trump voters stay loyal because they feel disrespected"

Spoiler

THE BIG IDEA: Three new deep dives into Donald Trump’s strength in Midwestern counties that were previously Democratic strongholds — written by conservatives, liberals and a nonpartisan journalist — each highlight a deep craving for respect among supporters of the president and an enduring resentment toward coastal elites that buoys his popularity.

Republicans and Democrats who have traveled to Macomb County in the Detroit suburbs, which Trump won by 12 points after Barack Obama carried it twice, including by 16 points in 2008, came away struck by these dynamics.

-- Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg, who helped orchestrate Bill Clinton’s 1992 victory, has obsessively studied the “Reagan Democrats” in Macomb for more than three decades. He went back after the 2016 election to understand how Trump won Michigan and recently returned to conduct another round of focus groups. “Trump voters complain that there is no respect for President Trump or for people like them who voted for him,” Greenberg writes in a new memo summarizing his latest findings, with Nancy Zdunkewicz of Democracy Corps.

One older white working-class woman recalled that, when she first started voting, “There was so much respect for the president. And I don't care what he did, or what he said, there was always respect. It was always ‘Mr. President.’” She said she is disgusted by the way people talk about Trump.

“A healthy diet of Fox News is feeding the white working-class men fending off the challenges of Trump’s opponents, including those within their own families,” Greenberg and Zdunkewicz write. “They … feel vindicated that a businessman like Trump has produced a strong macro-economy and kept his promises on immigration. They continue to appreciate how he speaks his mind, unlike a typical politician. … One white working class man shared that he ‘lost contact with [his] own daughter because of the election.’ Others complain that their children and millennial friends challenge their views and suggest the media manipulates them. … Families dividing over the 2016 election reflects just how central feelings about Trump have become to people’s identities.”

-- Respect is also a central undercurrent in “The Great Revolt,” a new book by Republican operative Brad Todd and conservative columnist Salena Zito. Macomb is one of 10 counties they studied across the five states that tipped the election to Trump to chronicle how he forged his conservative-populist coalition. Here is sampling of quotes from Trump voters interviewed for the book:

“We voted for President Obama and still we are ridiculed. Still we are considered racists,” said Cindy Hutchins, a store owner and nurse in Baldwin, Mich. “There is no respect for anyone who is just average and trying to do the right things.”

“Our culture in Hollywood or in the media gives off the distinct air of disregard to people who live in the middle of the country, as if we have no value or do not contribute to the betterment of society,” said Amy Giles-Maurer of Kenosha, Wis. “It’s frustrating. It really wants to make you stand up and yell, ‘We count,’ except of course we don’t. At least not in their eyes.”

“Live in a small or medium-sized town, and you would think we were dragging the country down,” said Michael Martin of Erie, Pa. “We aren’t a country just made up of large metropolitan areas. Our politics and our culture up until now has dictated that we are less than in the scale of importance and value.”

Todd is a partner at OnMessage, a powerhouse GOP consulting firm, who has helped elect seven senators, five governors and more than two dozen congressmen. Zito is a syndicated columnist from Pittsburgh. Together, they identify seven archetypes of voters who fueled Trump’s victory. The chapters include vignettes about three individual voters who fit each mold.

Some categories are obvious, like blue-collar workers who have personally experienced a job loss in the past seven years or independents who were amenable to Ross Perot’s campaigns two decades earlier. Others are more surprising, such as women under 45 who support gun rights for self-defense reasons. A majority in that category admit in post-election polling that they felt uncomfortable telling friends they supported Trump because they knew they would face disapproval.

“King Cyrus Republicans” is what the authors call evangelicals who stuck with Trump after the “Access Hollywood” tape came out because they wanted a conservative to replace Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court. That’s a reference to the sixth-century pagan Persian king who released Jews from bondage in Babylon.

Trump’s margin was weaker than Mitt Romney’s in 86 of the 100 most educated counties in the country. Trump’s level of support was higher than Romney’s in 1,449 of the 1,500 American counties with the lowest concentration of bachelor’s degrees. “The driver of this split is not the college education itself, but the social pressure that comes with living exclusively among other college graduates,” Zito and Todd write. “Rotary Reliables” is the name the authors give to the kind of country-club Republicans who refused to support Trump in more highly educated areas of the country but stuck with him in the Rust Belt because they spend their days hanging or working around less-educated blue-collar types.

Notably, people in all seven of their categories expressed frustration, even a year after the election, that they are not understood, respected or valued by the powers that be on the East and West coasts. “In the short span of a generation, the face and focus of the Democratic Party nationally has shifted from a glorification of the working-class ethos to multiculturalist militancy pushed by the Far Left of the party,” Zito and Todd argue. “The driving construct of otherness … is at its core driven by perceptions of respect. … The professional Left focuses heavily on race-related questions in analyzing the Trump vote, but race-tinged subjects were rarely cited by Trump voters interviewed for this book.”

-- Trump appealed to the “forgotten man,” a term his campaign often used, with a message that was infused less with ideology than grievance. He repeatedly benefited from his opponent giving him fodder. “You could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables,” Hillary Clinton said in September 2016 at an “LGBT for Hillary” gala in New York. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And, unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

The Democratic nominee added that “the other half” of Trump’s supporters were “people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they're just desperate for change.” But this nuance was lost. Many heard Clinton saying they were deplorable, and the gaffe helped galvanized wobbly Republicans. It still stings in some quarters.

-- Dan Balz, The Washington Post’s chief correspondent, spent the past 16 months interviewing voters in rural areas of the upper Mississippi River valley where Obama won but then broke decisively for Trump. Macomb is suburban and wasn’t part of the area Balz explored, but there are notable echoes in his piece. His fascinating report filled a special section in Sunday’s newspaper. Some relevant nuggets:

“One of the places I would agree with the hardcore Trump people, they’re tired of being treated as the enemy by Barack Obama,” said Dennis Schminke, 65, a retired manager at Hormel, the company makes Spam in Austin, Minn., an area just north of the border with Iowa.

Trump was the first Republican to carry Mower County, which includes the meatpacking town, since Richard Nixon beat John F. Kennedy there in 1960. Schminke said Trump’s appeal there was born in part of resentment toward the Obama presidency. “His comment, the whole thing, it’s been worn out to death, that clinging to God and guns, God and guns and afraid of people who don’t look like them, blah, blah, blah. Just quit talking down to me,” he explained. “I despise Barack Obama. I think primarily because I don’t think he thinks very much of people like me. That’s just the long and short of it.”

Andrew Chesney, 36, a conservative businessman in Freeport, Ill. — the site of the second Lincoln-Douglas debate in 1858 and a county that Obama carried in 2008 — said Midwesterners feel let down by political leaders from both parties. “We’re constantly being preached to by those that in many cases have never done it,” he said. “This is an area that we try to work hard, play by the rules. It’s not a fast pace, it’s not a fancy pace, but we appreciate it. We like our big vehicles and our large parking spots, and that works for some people and it doesn’t work for others.”

-- Other reporters on our staff routinely hear similar sentiments when interviewing voters. David Miller, a white 54-year-old, talked with The Post at a polling place in Cleveland last Tuesday as he pulled a Republican primary ballot for the first time he could remember to vote in the governor’s race. Like so many others, he said he came to feel left behind before the 2016 election. “I mainly was a mainstream Democrat,” he told Afi Scruggs. “Every time I turned on the TV, there’s a Democrat calling me a racist and I just got tired of it.”

-- One reason Balz’s piece is great is that it’s longitudinal: It tracks in a nuanced way how specific people’s attitudes about Trump have shifted gradually since he took office. In some cases, folks who reluctantly backed him are more strongly supportive now than then. Others have peeled away as they became fatigued by the drama and scandal that follows this president.

The best illustration is Kurt Glazier, 50, from Sterling, Ill. He’s a state worker, a union member and chairman of the Republican Party in Whiteside County, where Ronald Reagan was born. Balz visited him four times, including long talks in the dining room of his home.

Eight days before the inauguration, Glazier lamented the political divisions that had been building for years. “I very much dislike the fact that a lot of people stereotype Republican individuals, Republican people, that we’re racists. I think that is further from the truth,” he said.

By midsummer of 2017, Glazier had growing concerns about Trump. “Every night when I watch the national news, I wonder what circus is going to be on the news, what they’re going to talk about,” he said. “I hoped for more of the making America great again … It’s almost like it’s ‘The Apprentice’ on a daily basis.”

Near the first anniversary of the president taking office, Glazier worried especially that those who voted for Trump are now viewed by others as therefore being like Trump. “I’m far from being a racist,” he said. “I’m far from being a bigot. Not everybody makes the crude comments. Not everybody walks and talks like he’s a big bully, like the president can do sometimes.”

A few weeks ago, Glazier watched Stormy Daniels’s interview on CBS’s “60 Minutes” and felt “a little saddened” by the steady stream of Trump’s self-inflicted mistakes. “It does nothing for his reputation,” he said. “Of course, the real die-hard Donald Trump lovers eat this up and they eat these scandals up.”

But Glazier drew a distinction between the staunchest Trump supporters and other Republicans — like him. “I think the real party faithful, the educated voters, might be beginning to distance themselves from him, and I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a Republican challenger or challengers against Trump,” he said. “They wanted so much of a change. But he has some changing to do himself before I would be supportive of him again. … A 71-year-old man like he is, I don’t foresee him changing a whole lot.”

Idk it looks like he could just shake off the chains If he's feeling so oppressed by people who don't like his racist jokes

Not Trump specific, but, you know......bat shit crazy and Texas

Rabid Anti-Muslim Ex-FBI Agent Is Training Texas Police  Conspiracy theorist John Guandolo, who says Islam is “barbaric and evil,” conducted a state-approved training session this month.

Two key paragaphs, but click on the title above to learn more about the whole shiteroo:

John Guandolo, who tweeted that February’s Parkland, Florida, school shooting was the work of a “jihadi” and says former CIA head John Brennan secretly converted to Islam, conducted a daylong teaching session this month for Texas law enforcers called “Understanding the Jihadi Threat to America,” according to The Texas Tribune.

Southern Poverty Law Center and Muslim advocacy groups complained, with this result: 

Because of the controversy, a representative of the Texas commission observed Guandolo’s class and found “no concerning material that would cause reason to deny continuing education hours for law enforcement attendees,” Gretchen Grigsby, the organization’s director of government relations, told The Texas Tribune.

Nope, nothing to see here.  He sounds perfectly normal.  Move along, move along. 

I couldn't find a vomiting emoji:

"‘My next call is to ICE!’: A man flipped out because workers spoke Spanish at a Manhattan deli"

Spoiler

A man became enraged at a New York fast-casual restaurant and deli after apparently overhearing employees speaking Spanish — and threatened to call immigration authorities in a lengthy rant captured on video.

The incident, first reported by Gothamist, occurred Tuesday at the Fresh Kitchen in midtown  Manhattan, according to video posted to social media by a man who said his wife was present at the time.

In the video, a tall dark-haired man wearing a white button-down shirt and gray slacks looks indignant as he confronts a bespectacled restaurant employee.

“Your staff is speaking Spanish to customers when they should be speaking English,” the man says, his brow furrowing.

As the restaurant worker tries to explain, the angry man interrupts him.

“Every person I listen to: He spoke it, he spoke it, she’s speaking it,” the man declares, turning around and pointing at various people in the restaurant. “This is America!”

At this point, a few bystanders interject, apparently outraged at the man: “Yeah, it is America!” one woman shoots back. A few people laugh. Someone else off camera can be heard cursing about how messed up the man’s rant is. Another says with a sigh: “So ignorant.”

On his way out of the restaurant, the man spins and faces the restaurant employee again and accuses him of hiring undocumented workers. The employee stares ahead, stone-faced, occasionally nodding, as the angry man threatens to call U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

“I will be following up,” the man shouts. “My guess is they’re not documented, so my next call is to ICE to have each one of them kicked out of my country. If they have the balls to come here and live off my money — I pay for their welfare. I pay for their ability to be here. The least they can do — the least they can do — is speak English.”

There is more exasperated laughter in the background. A woman begins to confront the man — “Because of people like you, our nation — …!” — when he cuts her off and raises his white iPhone.

“Honey, I’m calling ICE!” he says, glowering.

“Call ICE!” she shoots back.

The exchange ends with a pair of insults in front of a wall of refrigerated beverages.

“Maybe you shouldn’t eat that sandwich today,” the man yells at the woman. “Take a break from the food!”

The woman doesn’t miss a beat: “Maybe you should get hit by a car, you piece of [expletive]!”

The video ends there.

A worker who answered the phone Wednesday at the Fresh Kitchen at Madison Avenue and 39th Street said the manager was not available but confirmed had the incident had taken place at that location the day before.

The manager reportedly was angered by the man’s comments but didn’t want to yell back, according to the New York Daily News.

“He got mad, waiting in line for his food. He stormed out,” the manager told the newspaper. “He’s a customer, so I had to stay professional and ask him to leave. That’s what I did.”

Facebook user Edward Suazo uploaded the video to his account Tuesday and wrote that his wife and her best friend had been chatting in Spanish with a waiter when the angry man jumped in.

“What a big man talking down to couple of women and a helpless employee,” Suazo wrote on Facebook. “I wish someone tells me I can’t speak in my native language! First of all they wasn’t talking to you!!”

By Wednesday afternoon, the video had been viewed nearly 2 million times on Facebook and reposted across social media by people eager to identify the ranting customer. Many named him as a midtown lawyer with an office near the Fresh Kitchen and inundated his online listings with negative reviews. The Washington Post called the lawyer, who did not immediately respond to comment on those reports.

Isaac Saul, an editor and columnist at the website A Plus, wrote Wednesday that he recognized the man as someone he had encountered last May at a far-right rally protesting political activist Linda Sarsour’s commencement speech at City University of New York.

Video from the rally taken by Saul, published for the first time Wednesday, showed the man verbally attacking a rabbi who was there and calling him a “fake Jew.” In another video, the same man — who does bear a great resemblance to the Fresh Kitchen customer — can be seen taunting a group of Jewish people with his middle finger.

The Fresh Kitchen opened in the past couple of months, according to online reviews, and is a fast-casual “sandwich and salad bar kitchen” that serves a variety of international food, including sushi, pho and tacos.

On Wednesday night the Daily News shared Thursday front page, which had a message for the angry man:

@GreyhoundFan can you offer bleach for my eyes please? 

Re the lawyer: his law firm partner is an immigrant AND offers spanish speaking services too. Like what?

Re that song: Lord why?!

Here ya go:

:brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:

(It's brain bleach, but it serves the same purpose.)

ETA:  How can he be "paying for (their) welfare" when they have a job(which I'm sure he thinks they "stole from a deserving American" anyway)?

After a normal text exchange this morning, my BT randomly sent me a few hours later:

"Thank you Lord! Soon the evil will be exposed and prosecuted. Justice for all the innocent children who were tortured and murdered and justice for the people who expose it and were murdered. Taking back our country!! God Bless America!! And God Bless our President!"

And then a few hours after that:
"Oh and North Korea is not thinking of pulling out of the talks, fake news!"

Her first text is kind of funny considering Trump Co. is the one being investigated, so it sounds like she's looking forward to his prosecution... but the second just sounds like she took Twitter lessons from Trump himself.

We never did lose Internet or cell service in April. :think:

20 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

After a normal text exchange this morning, my BT randomly sent me a few hours later:

"Thank you Lord! Soon the evil will be exposed and prosecuted. Justice for all the innocent children who were tortured and murdered and justice for the people who expose it and were murdered. Taking back our country!! God Bless America!! And God Bless our President!"

And then a few hours after that:
"Oh and North Korea is not thinking of pulling out of the talks, fake news!"

Her first text is kind of funny considering Trump Co. is the one being investigated, so it sounds like she's looking forward to his prosecution... but the second just sounds like she took Twitter lessons from Trump himself.

We never did lose Internet or cell service in April. :think:

Oh stewardess, I speak Jive QAnon.

This has to do with Anthony Weiner:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/17/search-warrant-for-weiners-electronic-devices-unsealed/

Spoiler

The QAnon folks have decided that Weiner's computer has a video or videos of a certain female presidential candidate doing vile things to children. Said person has also supposedly murdered many people, and is involved with a huge ring of criminals who will all be brought down by the material from Weiner's computer.

In other words, SSDD.

I have little doubt this guy is a flaming BT: "A Border Patrol agent detained two U.S. citizens at a gas station after hearing them speak Spanish"

Spoiler

A Montana woman said she plans to take legal action after a Border Patrol agent detained and questioned her and a friend — both U.S. citizens — when he overheard them speaking Spanish at a gas station.

The incident occurred early Wednesday morning at a convenience store in Havre, Mont., a town in the northern part of the state, near the border with Canada.

Ana Suda said she and her friend, Mimi Hernandez, were making a midnight run to the store to pick up eggs and milk. Both are Mexican American and speak fluent Spanish, and they had exchanged some words in Spanish while waiting in line to pay when a uniformed Border Patrol agent interrupted them, Suda said.

“We were just talking, and then I was going to pay,” Suda told The Washington Post. “I looked up [and saw the agent], and then after that, he just requested my ID. I looked at him like, ‘Are you serious?’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, very serious.’ ”

Suda said she felt uncomfortable and began recording the encounter with her cellphone after they had moved into the parking lot. In the video Suda recorded, she asks the agent why he is detaining them, and he says it is specifically because he heard them speaking Spanish.

“Ma’am, the reason I asked you for your ID is because I came in here, and I saw that you guys are speaking Spanish, which is very unheard of up here,” the agent can be heard saying in the video.

Suda asks whether they are being racially profiled; the agent says no.

“It has nothing to do with that,” the agent tells her. “It’s the fact that it has to do with you guys speaking Spanish in the store, in a state where it’s predominantly English-speaking.”

Suda, 37, was born in El Paso and raised across the border in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, but has spent much of her adult life moving around the United States with her husband and young daughter. Hernandez is originally from central California, Suda said.

Despite explaining this to the agent and showing him their IDs, Suda said, he kept them in the parking lot for 35 to 40 minutes. Though no one raised their voices in the video, Suda said she and Hernandez were left shaken and upset by the encounter, which ended around 1 a.m.

“I was so embarrassed … being outside in the gas station, and everybody’s looking at you like you’re doing something wrong. I don’t think speaking Spanish is something criminal, you know?” Suda said. “My friend, she started crying. She didn’t stop crying in the truck. And I told her, we are not doing anything wrong.”

When she got home, Suda posted on Facebook about what had taken place at the gas station. She said her shock began to give way to sadness in the following days, after some local news outlets reported the incident, and her 7-year-old daughter asked whether the video meant they should no longer speak Spanish in public.

“She speaks Spanish, and she speaks English,” Suda said. “When she saw the video, she was like, ‘Mom, we can’t speak Spanish anymore?’ I said ‘No. You be proud. You are smart. You speak two languages.’ This is more for her.”

A representative from U.S. Customs and Border Protection told The Post the agency is reviewing the incident to ensure all appropriate policies were followed. Border Patrol agents are trained to decide to question individuals based on a variety of factors, the agency added.

“U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents and officers are committed to treating everyone with professionalism, dignity and respect while enforcing the laws of the United States,” the agency said. “Although most Border Patrol work is conducted in the immediate border area, agents have broad law enforcement authorities and are not limited to a specific geography within the United States. They have the authority to question individuals, make arrests, and take and consider evidence.”

Havre is a rural town with a population of about 10,000, about 35 miles south of the U.S.-Canada border. Border Patrol agents have broad authority to operate within 100 miles of any U.S. border, though they cannot initiate stops without reasonable suspicion of an immigration violation or crime.

Suda said she is used to seeing Border Patrol agents in Havre because it’s so close to Canada, especially at gas stations, but had never been stopped before.

“It’s a nice town. I don’t think it’s a confrontational [population] here,” Suda said. “But now I feel like if I speak Spanish, somebody is going to say something to me. It’s different after something like this because you start thinking and thinking.”

Suda said she plans to contact the American Civil Liberties Union to seek legal guidance. ACLU representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment Sunday.

“I just don’t want this to happen anymore,” Suda said. “I want people to know they have the right to speak whatever language they want. I think that’s the most important part, to help somebody else.”

What a prince (end sarcasm): "Texas Republican Says Children Will Only Get Trust Fund Money If Their Spouse Is White"

Spoiler

Dallas Couty in Texas is holding a run-off election to determine their next county commissioner, and one of the candidates is a former judge, Republican Vickers “Vic” Cunningham. As the run-off approached, however, the Dallas Morning News received a tip that Cunningham was a lifelong racist. When they questioned him about it during an interview, the politician admitted he set up a trust fund for his children that will reward them for marrying white people.

Bill Cunningham, who is married to a Black man, approached the paper to talk about his brother Vic. Bill claimed to have received racist threats from his brother, and also produced statements from other members of the family discussing Vic’s racism. This was more than enough evidence to prompt an interview with the former judge.

The trust fund sets up “milestones” that will pay out as Vic’s children achieve them. One of the milestones is marrying another white person. For Cunningham’s family, this isn’t just a theoretical exercise: his son is dating a girl with Vietnamese heritage, and Vic claims he can’t change the terms of the trust fund to avoid punishing him for this.

Cunningham commented to Dallas Morning News:

"I strongly support traditional family values. If you marry a person of the opposite sex that’s Caucasian, that’s Christian, they will get a distribution."

Cunningham also responded to accusations that he frequently uses the n-word to belittle Black Americans.

... < lots of tweets >

22 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"I strongly support traditional family values. If you marry a person of the opposite sex that’s Caucasian, that’s Christian, they will get a distribution."

Ugh. 

The Dallas News has withdrawn its previous endorsement of racist Cunningham.  They really can't endorse anyone (the other person, Koch, is apparently also a stinker):

We did not recommend Koch in either the primary or runoff because he struck us as combative and dismissive when discussing sitting members of the court. His offer to pay off campaign debts of another primary opponent, if the candidate followed through and left the race, was unseemly. And his campaign letter seeking to paint Dallas' economic challenges as the result of rampant illegal immigration seemed a desperate kind of fear-mongering.

Dallas County Commissioners Court Precinct 2 deserves better than the candidates in this runoff.

We all deserve better candidates.  I am wearing out my WTF emoji!

Driving home from SE Texas this afternoon; there's one spot that drops NPR, and I sometimes check into 88.5, which is a Christian station, American Family Radio, or something similar.  I just got on line the minute I got home to tell that the Russia deal is just a diversion from the REAL news, which is that the Democrats think that we have a democracy, and are trying to destroy our  form of government, which is actually a Republic and not everybody to gets to vote for everything, like Democrats want to do, meaning these people think the electoral college is great because it's working well for them at the moment.  And yes, Trump is no choirboy but he's moving the country in the right direction.

Moving right along, back to the Russia thing, which as you well know, is a witch hunt and diversion.  The REAL story is of course the Obama administration's attempt to interfere with the election by planting a SPY in the Trump campaign and SOMEONE needs to investigate the treasonous John Brennan, James Clapper, Hillary and OBAMA, the FBI And CIA.  Then people called in (it's talk show radio) and they were all at least marginally bat shit crazy, but the host managed to rein it in to some extent and take one thing each person said and used it to make his point. 

When I finally got back to NPR, James Clapper was discussing his new book, Facts and Fears, which I'd like to read; it came out today. 

So I'm talking an online class on healthcare and yesterday we had a discussion on what we thought about the ACA and what can be improved/what progress it brought. It was very interesting because a majority of my classmates that were against it were international students who are getting paid by their relative country to go to school in America. They all had orange fuckface's quotes about Obamacare and how lazy and horrible low income individuals were and I wrote an almost 1000 word response about his words aren't right at all (and kept almost accidentally saying orange fuckface instead of his name which was a major struggle!)

It was very interesting to me just because of orange fuckface's opinion on immigrants but I'm wondering if they believed they were the better kind and just felt that his words made prefect sense?

13 hours ago, Howl said:

Driving home from SE Texas this afternoon; there's one spot that drops NPR, and I sometimes check into 88.5, which is a Christian station, American Family Radio, or something similar.  I just got on line the minute I got home to tell that the Russia deal is just a diversion from the REAL news, which is that the Democrats think that we have a democracy, and are trying to destroy our  form of government, which is actually a Republic and not everybody to gets to vote for everything, like Democrats want to do, meaning these people think the electoral college is great because it's working well for them at the moment.  And yes, Trump is no choirboy but he's moving the country in the right direction.

Moving right along, back to the Russia thing, which as you well know, is a witch hunt and diversion.  The REAL story is of course the Obama administration's attempt to interfere with the election by planting a SPY in the Trump campaign and SOMEONE needs to investigate the treasonous John Brennan, James Clapper, Hillary and OBAMA, the FBI And CIA.  Then people called in (it's talk show radio) and they were all at least marginally bat shit crazy, but the host managed to rein it in to some extent and take one thing each person said and used it to make his point. 

When I finally got back to NPR, James Clapper was discussing his new book, Facts and Fears, which I'd like to read; it came out today. 

Awhile back, I saw a meme on FB in which David Hogg was quoted as saying "Our parents don't know how to run a democracy," followed by HA HA, IT'S A REPUBLIC, YOU IDIOT!!1!1"

I just looked up the station.  American Family Radio is public radio, Christian talk radio genre, broadcast from Victoria, TX at 88.5 on the FM dial.

American Family Radio is a listener supported broadcast ministry of the American Family Association. AFR exists to be a voice for AFA to help motivate and equip individuals to restore American culture to its moral foundations. AFR does this in a variety of ways with both its music/teaching format as well as its Christian Conservative Talk format. AFR isn’t xenophobic as we are a platform for other ministry partners such as James Dobson’s Family Talk, Tony Perkins and Washington Watch or David Jerimiah’s Turning Point. AFR understands that politics and polices alone won’t change America but that it will take an intervention of Christ and our hearts turned back to Him. AFR hopes to educate our listeners with news and issues of the day but more importantly convey the Truth of Christ through clear presentations of the Gospel. AFR airs original programs such as Today's Issues, hosted by AFA president Tim Wildmon, and AFA Report, "a daily panel discussion with members of the AFA staff regarding hot-button issues of the day", formerly hosted by AFA founder Don Wildmon. AFR also airs nationally syndicated programs such as Focus on the Family and The Michael Reagan Talk Show, as well as contemporary Christian music by various artists.

Before they got into letting us in on the Truth about Obama, there was an overview of global news snippets to highlight how POC are screwing over white people and only they were free enough from PC constraints to point this out.  It was pretty damned nasty and makes me wonder if they understand what xenophobic actually means. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived