IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

She asks for peoples' tips on pitting cherries. Looking at those photos, my biggest tip would be "tie all that stringy hair back when you are preparing food". Seeing all that hair hanging over the bowls gives me the willies. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, griffin said:

She asks for peoples' tips on pitting cherries. Looking at those photos, my biggest tip would be "tie all that stringy hair back when you are preparing food". Seeing all that hair hanging over the bowls gives me the willies. 

Dear Maxwells, get one of these and stop making mountains out of anthills.

https://www.oxo.com/products/preparing/fruit-vegetable-tools/cherry-olive-pitter#black

This is reply intended.

Except for Jesse's recent condescending diatribe regarding abortion (which I suspect he Did write because the writing level seemed to be about  Grade 6, and Steve is at least a marginally better writer, most of the Maxwell blog posts are, for lack of a better word, banal. Just a means to generate income.

I still keep reading them though for now with some hope that the Maxwell daughters might experience life beyond the confines of their parents' home. Probably not. Though I have a suspicion that maybe a lot more goes on than they choose to to share with their readers.  Or not...

And with that thought, does anyone know if the Maxwells attended Joy's wedding? They seem to approve all thing Duggar.

I have mixed feelings saying anything critical about the Maxes, but, hey, they put themselves out there as all-knowing and much more god-like than me and mine. So there's that.......

59 minutes ago, grammyj said:

And with that thought, does anyone know if the Maxwells attended Joy's wedding? They seem to approve all thing Duggar.

They (Steve and Teri definitely, possibly also Jesse) attended Jinger's wedding so I'd say it was pretty likely they did Joy's, too. 

I guess I have a 'sad existence' then, because I'd absolutely enjoy a cherry pitting party (not with the Maxwells though) and would probably post about it on Facebook. I love being given a large amount of fruit, or going out picking some (wild blackberries, plums etc), deciding what to do with it and then processing it appropriately. Cherries are my favourite fruit so suddenly being given a large amount of them would be my idea of heaven! I'd probably eat a couple of pounds straightaway because I adore them, make a clafoutis and maybe another dessert, make some cherry curd and then turn the rest into jam. I wouldn't bother pitting the cherries for jam, though - I'd just pick the stones out of the fruit mixture before adding the sugar.

First, that doesn't seem like such a large amount of cherries to require an all hands on deck response to deal with them all.

Second, it looks like the Maxwells managed to find a way to pit them, so asking for ideas on how to pit cherries is just a ploy to get people to post to their blog.

Third, in most families, a lot of those cherries would have been eaten during the 'pitting party', and then a lot of them would have been put in the fridge to be served as a fruit during meals for the next couple of days.  The rest could have easily been frozen to be thawed out later on for other uses.

Fourth, I'd love to see the Maxwells scramble to form a committee to deal with this unexpected change to their routine.  What had to be delayed because those cherries aren't going to hang around forever before going bad?  I hope it wasn't something important like deciding if they should change their preferred brand of bar soap or something.  They're so weird.

New post up.  Griselda Teri got a last minute invite from Prissy Chris to go to a kids farm so she had to rearrange her schedule so she could go.  Oh the horror! She only got an invite cuz there was room on the van.  Gigi rode in Wonder Woman Melanie's van.  And they got home in time so the children could take naps.  Oh heaven forbid if they strayed from the nap schedule.  Did I mention the email Griselda got from Prissy was a special one?  I think Maxwell's are trolling us folks.

Danny looks so sweet. Pity he's growing up in the Maxwell family. 

Its very un Maxwell to plan an event on the same day that it's happening! 

You have to plan 6 months ahead, hold a family meeting and pray for the Lord to lay it on your heart. 

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

she had to rearrange her schedule so she could go. 

What exactly does she have to reschedule is my question...homeschooling is over, kidaults are grown, am I missing something? 

53 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Did I mention the email Griselda got from Prissy was a special one?  I think Maxwell's are trolling us folks.

I'm assuming this is one of their early hints and there will be an announcement from Anna Marie and Christopher in the next week.

2 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

What exactly does she have to reschedule is my question...homeschooling is over, kidaults are grown, am I missing something? 

She has to reschedule cleaning and bible time and prayer time and ...

God, in two group photos, none of Chris's kids are smiling. Something is just off there and it worries me. :(

49 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

God, in two group photos, none of Chris's kids are smiling. Something is just off there and it worries me.

With most grandmothers (speaking from personal experience) when they show up it's exciting and spontaneous so for Chris's kids it's more scheduling and Teri has said before how she feels about kids so I can imagine her coming over is boring for them. Chris is the one most to adhere to schedules and the rules unlike Nathan and The other brother Josh? I'm drawing a  blank...

But they are at an outing where they should be having fun. Nathan's kids are smiling - they are always smiling. The difference between the two sets of kids is just so striking. :(

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

She has to reschedule cleaning and bible time and prayer time and ...

... and scheduling. She has to reschedule her scheduling.

Christopher's kids are exceptionally solemn for their ages and being on an outing. 

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Griselda Teri got a last minute invite from Prissy Chris to go to a kids farm so she had to rearrange her schedule so she could go.  Oh the horror! She only got an invite cuz there was room on the van.  Gigi rode in Wonder Woman Melanie's van.  And they got home in time so the children could take naps.  Oh heaven forbid if they strayed from the nap schedule.  Did I mention the email Griselda got from Prissy was a special one?  I think Maxwell's are trolling us folks.

None of the Maxwells could cope with actual Wonder Woman :P

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

The other brother Josh? I'm drawing a  blank...

Smug Joseph

The last minute email makes me wonder who had the seat in the van before they gave it to Teri. 

So nice that Teri could put aside her busy life of scheduling her schedules to rearrange her scheduling schedule to schedule time with her grandchildren. Now the word schedule looks weird to me. 

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

None of the Maxwells could cope with actual Wonder Woman :P

They can't even handle a woman who is of higher authority in a office from them. 

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

But they are at an outing where they should be having fun. Nathan's kids are smiling - they are always smiling. The difference between the two sets of kids is just so striking. :(

Yeah, this is a difference we see over and over again. While Abby's smiles sometimes appear to be forced, her younger siblings appear to be genuinely happy children. But there's no joy in Chris's kids.

Come on folks, let's not minimise the herculean task that is scheduling some time daily to go over her kidults' schedules to check for any scheduling conflicts or other schedule irregularities (like scheduling time to have fun).

26 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

Come on folks, let's not minimise the herculean task that is scheduling some time daily to go over her kidults' schedules to check for any scheduling conflicts or other schedule irregularities (like scheduling time to have fun).

Let's not forget polishing the schedules too. Can't have those schedules looking anything less than pristine.

Incidentally, they use their special brand Schedule Polish which they'll be doing a feature post about soon. In the meantime you can buy it at their Amazon affiliate link.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived