IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

Christopher has some unhappy looking children. In the group pictures they aren't even fake smiling. Perhaps they were scared of the goats and Christopher forced them to interact with them anyway? But then they tend to never look happy. 

Someone giving me  cherries would be the highlight of my month. The only thing better would be someone giving me lots of figs. I adore figs. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Yeah, this is a difference we see over and over again. While Abby's smiles sometimes appear to be forced, her younger siblings appear to be genuinely happy children. But there's no joy in Chris's kids.

And Abby used to have pretty genuine smiles. Her smiles now are probably "I'm so over this" smiles, which is pretty typical of her age. She's 9, trips to the petting zoo are not really a lot of fun anymore. Her younger siblings, though, their smiles are genuine, and always have been. 

But Chris's kids. It's too often at this point. 

Poor kids, it's summer.  Schedules are meant to be broken.  I was at a wonderful festival yesterday that had a lot of happy kids, you could see they were not faking the fun they had. I see these somber children and I just feel for them,  To he!! with the stupid nap, go out and live life. Oh wait..

I noticed the difference in clothing between Melanie's kids and Chris's, hers aren't wearing layers under the dresses and Drew has on shorts (anyone who's been to a petting zoo knows how ridiculously hot it is) and poor Joshua and the girls are wearing pants and layers under the frumpers. I know they were hot and miserable. I also have a feeling that's not why they always look so sad. 

When I was at nursery I mostly wore t shirts and leggings because they were practical. Not great long skirts. Why do they need to wear skirts that long? Knee length skirts are much better while still being modest. I wonder if, when older, Chris's girls will look at their cousins and wonder why they can't wear knee length skirts. 

50 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

When I was at nursery I mostly wore t shirts and leggings because they were practical. Not great long skirts. Why do they need to wear skirts that long? Knee length skirts are much better while still being modest. I wonder if, when older, Chris's girls will look at their cousins and wonder why they can't wear knee length skirts. 

Admittedly I haven't looked at every outfit ever, but don't the ABC girls normally wear leggings under shorter (I.e., knee-length) skirts? They are in the farm photos anyway.

So while it's less restrictive and more practical, they're going to be pretty warm in hot weather. In those conditions a long skirt sans leggings might be better - but any advantage is cancelled out if there's a double frumper layer going on.

So I can at least give Lydia's outfit a pass if she's not wearing leggings. An actual dress rather than a frumper, in what look like a summer fabric - might not actually be terrible. It's only the crushing repression that is.

Anyone else think the email was sent with the hope it wouldn't be seen until it was too late and they had already gone to the farm? This way you can say you asked but didn't get a response in time. Otherwise, why not just call Teri up and ask her if she wants to go? That way she knows of the offer earlier and will be better able to adjust her schedule.

8 hours ago, Divemaster01 said:

Poor kids, it's summer.  Schedules are meant to be broken.  I was at a wonderful festival yesterday that had a lot of happy kids, you could see they were not faking the fun they had. I see these somber children and I just feel for them,  To he!! with the stupid nap, go out and live life. Oh wait..

There are a gazillion unemployed adults in that family who could stay home with the babies while the parents take the kids out on a trip. But, no. The older kids in these fundie families are always dragged down by the needs of their younger siblings. I saw this often with the Duggars. The teenagers were still being dragged to petting farms and going on choo-choo rides because no way was anyone going to take them on an age-appropriate field trip sans little kids.

13 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Let's not forget polishing the schedules too. Can't have those schedules looking anything less than pristine.

Incidentally, they use their special brand Schedule Polish which they'll be doing a feature post about soon. In the meantime you can buy it at their Amazon affiliate link.

Darn you, @Captain Obvious!  I admit I clicked on your affiliate link just for fun.  I wasn't expecting that! :pb_lol:

Hurrying to edit my "items browsed" on Amazon.

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

Darn you, @Captain Obvious!  I admit I clicked on your affiliate link just for fun.  I wasn't expecting that! :pb_lol:

Hurrying to edit my "items browsed" on Amazon.

Hashtag sorrynotsorry 

OK - I'm a BIT sorry you had to edit your Amazon.

On 10 June 2017 at 5:20 PM, Triplet3 said:

I'd probably eat a couple of pounds straightaway because I adore them, make a clafoutis and maybe another dessert, make some cherry curd and then turn the rest into jam. I wouldn't bother pitting the cherries for jam, though - I'd just pick the stones out of the fruit mixture before adding the sugar.

OMG - cherry clafoutis! 

Those cherries were wasted on the Maxwells. Anyone who gets anxious over a gift of fruit is a little bit sad, in my opinion. The best thing when I get fresh fruit is planning what I'll do with it.

If someone gave me cherries I'd make cherry turnovers, jam, and cherry and cream cheese strudel. And of course keep fresh ones. Maybe freeze some for smoothies or slushies.

Isn't this stuff that the Maxwell females should have in mind anyway? Being 'future wives' and all? 

New post up about throwing an ice cream party for some neighbors who are moving.  I didn't see any cherries on the ice cream picnic table - those fresh cherries would have made a good topping.  It's also time to run the lawnmower.

If a neighbor is moving, I wonder if the Maxwells will try to buy the house.  They can use it for the next childult to be married (one of the sons, of course....).

my brain gave a caption to that last photo of the neighbors:  "we're finally getting away from the Maxwells.  here's hoping our new house is surrounded by normal people."

And the neighbor lady is wearing PANTS! I bet the Maxwells snicker behind her back.

17 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

And the neighbor lady is wearing PANTS! I bet the Maxwells snicker behind her back.

Are they fast worthy pants, or are they just pants worthy of a prayer circle to save her hell-bound soul?  

"Anna and Mary sprang the idea of a “good-bye” party..."

WTF? These bitches write like a bad google translation.   

I see tattoos, will that require fasting, prayer, and wailing for their souls? I don't see Steve...

5 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

New post up about throwing an ice cream party for some neighbors who are moving.  I didn't see any cherries on the ice cream picnic table - those fresh cherries would have made a good topping.  It's also time to run the lawnmower.

If a neighbor is moving, I wonder if the Maxwells will try to buy the house.  They can use it for the next childult to be married (one of the sons, of course....).

I would absolutely not be surprised if they do. You know Steve is itching to turn that neighborhood into his own little cult compound. 

In a reply to a comment Teri says she doubts they are the best neighbours ever.

Too damn right you're not.

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I'm willing to bet that the soon to be former neighbor lady has snickered about the Maxwell's behind their backs too.

10 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

John?

17 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

John?

I'm hoping John is the one who leaves, but probably won't...he just strikes me as someone wanting more than his siblings do, but Joseph is hardly ever talked about he may be just towing the party line and actually doing his own thing. 

Just now, Coconutwater said:

I'm hoping John is the one who leaves, but probably won't...he just strikes me as someone wanting more than his siblings do, but Joseph is hardly ever talked about he may be just towing the party line and actually doing his own thing. 

That's Forgotten Jesse.  Its OK, people forget about him a lot here.  Smug Joe is married to Invisible Elissa.

You know those neighbors are thankful as hell they're getting away from Stevehovah and Terified.  

Sarah with that ruffly tank top layered over a plain white t-shirt---GAAAAHHHH.  Look, I get the modesty thing.  I REALLY do.  I dress pretty damn modestly myself whenever I am out in public because I have for decades and I'm just more comfortable that way.  I like lots of swishy fabric.  But when are these fundy bitches going to realize that especially in hot weather, layering is just FUCKING STUPID?  Wear an opaque, gauzy cotton long-sleeved top and call it done!  Wearing the layers just looks so...fucking stupid.  :soapbox:

16 hours ago, SPHASH said:

That's Forgotten Jesse.  Its OK, people forget about him a lot here.  Smug Joe is married to Invisible Elissa.

They actually don't really talk about Joseph very much anymore, not since he got married. I feel like we hear a lot about Nathan's family and some about Chris's, but not a ton about Joseph's. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived