IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

Do you help women?

yes, we help convince all women that abortion is wrong!

yeah, not the kind of help we meant....

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These people need to study conception science and have a long talk with their God about why He is allowing such a large portion of humans (aka fertilized eggs) he "wonderfully and intentionally" created to never make it to birth.   

By fundie standards, God is the world's leading abortionist.  And He's really running away with that title.  

Their canned post not very well disguised as a 'response' shows exactly how small their world & minds are. They are incapable of seeing any kind of existence that isn't like theirs. And, as usual, there is quite a bit of condescension present.

Small minds and all that....

I call absolute bullshit on their "every child is a blessing" rhetoric. If the Maxwells and others of their ilk truly viewed these children as blessings, they wouldn't have structured their ENTIRE LIFESTYLE around keeping their own kids from coming into contact with other people's "gifts from God."

Exactly. We criticise the Duggars and Bateses, but at least they have outside friends. Even if it's so a couple of the kids end up married, even if they're families with the same/very similar beliefs, it's still something.

The only people the Maxwell kids and grandkids are allowed to be around are each other and the elderly members of the church. I'm sure Steve focused only doing a church service in a nursing home so he can easily regulate who the kids were allowed to around. 

Off topic but I had a dream last night Amish Anna was pregnant again.

8 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Off topic but I had a dream last night Amish Anna was pregnant again.

She's due for one, though her pregnancies have had odd spacing. At the very least, I imagine there will be an announcement by the end of summer. 

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Exactly. We criticise the Duggars and Bateses, but at least they have outside friends. Even if it's so a couple of the kids end up married, even if they're families with the same/very similar beliefs, it's still something.

Yeah, it's something. But even those interactions are limited and closely monitored. "Yes, those other families' children are a blessing, but only in small doses."

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

She's due for one, though her pregnancies have had odd spacing. At the very least, I imagine there will be an announcement by the end of summer. 

What do they have if they don't get new babies?  What's-her-face, Calia's mum really is letting the team down. It must be twoish years since that baby was born! The only  new thing that happens is the arrival of a baby.  Everything else is like groundhog day. Same food, same freakin' bible study, same damn faces, day after day after day until the good lord takes them to their blessed reward. And, honestly, if you need to follow their rules to get into heaven, then that is going to be an eternity of the same damn thing with the same damn people too. 'Cos either you don't measure up or you don't wanna go anywhere a Maxwell is going to be. 

1 hour ago, Myfanwy said:

What's-her-face, Calia's mum really is letting the team down. It must be twoish years since that baby was born!

Calia won't be two until October. Assuming Elissa is breast feeding, that's still normal/natural spacing.

I quit.

No more Maxwells for me.

I refuse to read any more spew from the mouths of these evil people and the poor infantile adults they are abusing.

No more.

6 hours ago, Bethella said:

Calia won't be two until October. Assuming Elissa is breast feeding, that's still normal/natural spacing.

It is , but I think the Maxwells are getting cranky about it. I noticed that Jesse's bio says they only have one child "so far". So passive aggressive!

On 6/2/2017 at 11:57 PM, HoneyBunny said:

Mary's schedule reminds me very much of my summer break schedule...when I was still in elementary school.  A little fun, some work, some learning (in my case it was piano). It's the kind of thing you do at 12. Once I graduated 8th grade, I was expected to be out of the house doing something gainful. That summer I was 13, I took typing (dating myself here) in summer school and babysat; the next summer was volunteering as a candy striper (ditto) and babysitting. After that I was 15 and old enough to have a real job. 

This generation of Maxwells seems stuck in perpetual puberty. 

That's the point--"perpetual puberty" actually perpetual childhood, learning "wisdom" at the feet of your "wise" parents. You only become an adult when you are paired off to breed.  You cannot leave home without being married to an approved partner.  There is no way to leave--you have no documented education (or did they get GEDs I can't remember), no verifiable work experience. No exposure to anyone outside our belief system except elderly people.  You must defer to your parents in all things always.

Remember when Mary got braces and the dentist asked what she thought and it scared the crap out of her because she knew she must never think for herself? THAT is their life. Look at the Staddons and Arndts with adults sons still at home at Sarah's age. Arrested development. They have never spent a moment alone except to use the toilet or shower (and that is carefully monitored so nothing immoral can happen). They are not allowed to make an idol out of, say, sewing. (Or diet Pepsi). They must fully die to their "self"--like being a hard-core, old school cloistered nun but in your birth family. God speaks ONLY to Dad. It's a sick, sick world they live in.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

It is , but I think the Maxwells are getting cranky about it. I noticed that Jesse's bio says they only have one child "so far". So passive aggressive!

"So Far" is a Gothard thing. It shows you are open to all that God sends.

I'm trying to understand the logic of having a 20-something virgin male be the one to tackle the topic of understanding the struggles of being an unwed mother? And then lecturing about it? Seriously? 

Griselda Teri's latest Mom's Corner is a real pip, trying to ruin summer vacay by scheduling.

I'm actually really surprised by the number of people charging rent or who were charged rent to live with their parents right after graduating high school. It is a VERY western concept that children should leave home at 18. I lived at home while going to college because it was MUCH cheaper than going away to live and was never charged rent. I did work part-time throughout college too. I didn't have to pay for utilities or my own food and stuff unless I wanted to and I didn't think that was weird. Honestly, unless your child is clearly trying to bum off you and do nothing, I really don't understand the idea of charging your child rent. I don't get the magic 18 age means pay up now. Growing up I never got an allowance nor was really expected to do chores (clean up my room/make my bed/clean up messes we made was it). Yet somehow we all did chores around the house once we were older and did well in college and are functioning just fine in the world. 

I agree that, yes, Terri, living at home until marriage rent-free and nothing to pay for DOES mean help from family to buy a house. If you don't have to pay 700-1200 average rent, renters insurance, utilities, food, household items, etc, yeah, that's a HUGE help. If I hadn't had to pay any of the above the last 3-4 years I'd have been able to save anywhere from 800-2000 a month (depending on location at time and rent at the time). If a person has all the financial needs met at home while working a full time job, they could manage quite a bit a month. If working full time they made, say, $40K a year, then they would save nearly all that in a year's time. If they had to pay everything on their own with rent, they'd have been lucky if they managed to save 1/4 of that income in the year. So, yes, Terri, that is a massive help in terms of saving. $40K for up to 5 years or so would be equal to nearly $200K, which would probably allow for a little home in their area outright. Not so for many other places and I'm assuming they are making average American income here. Most 18yos, even 22-23yos out of college are not making that much. 

Can someone post teri's corner? I really wanna know how to schedule my summer in 30 minute increments but I don't wanna give the Maxwell my email

The Maxwells really have no idea what they're talking about. If they did, they wouldn't publish such stupid debt-free advice. 

I lived at home rent free until I was 29 and got married. In that time I went to college and grad school and worked multiple jobs. Even without paying for food or rent, I didn't save much. I don't know what land sells for in Kansas but here in the metro mid-Atlantic area, shit is expensive. Property taxes in PA for not even a quarter acre of land can be over $10,000 a year. Houses are ridiculously expensive . To outright buy a house in a decent area with cash that is your own and not gifted while in your twenties is unthinkable in his area. It just can't be done unless you're making over $100k a year. It certainly can't be done on a fundie homeschool education while working for Dad at a small IT company. Stevie needs  a reality check if he's going to continue to spew this stuff.

I live in one of the most expensive areas of New Jersery. High taxes due to good schools and large homes. Their are many people that I know that I honestly wonder how they are able to afford a house. Sure many have mortgages because if you want to live in my area it's the only way in. 

After reading the post by 'Jesse', I tootled on over to the Planned Parenthood website to make a donation. Right now every donation is being matched dollar for dollar.

I know that nothing I can personally say to the Maxwell family will make any difference in the face of their evil beliefs, but it felt good knowing that Jesse's post earned Planned Parenthood some extra cash due to the Maxwell's toxicity.

When Jesse's life is in peril because he is pregnant and must make the decision to carry or abort in favor of life-saving treatment, maybe I'll lend him half an ear. His body will never be impacted by a pregnancy that may not be ideal, whether one of bad timing, not supported by family or one that would kill him if a difficult decision isn't made. 

Judge not what you don't, and never can, know, Jesse (Steve?). No one likes a sanctimonious little prick.

Good Lawd - Jesse's post.  I'm speechless.  What an awful response. I shouldn't be surprised but it was so condescending. Way to be a good Christian.

15 hours ago, Bethella said:

Of course. Personally I think she should enjoy the baby she has and have the next one if and when she is ready. One baby, six babies, whatever works for them. I am just thinkin' Steve and I don't see this situation the same way. 

1 hour ago, Season of life... said:

After reading the post by 'Jesse', I tootled on over to the Planned Parenthood website to make a donation. Right now every donation is being matched dollar for dollar.

I know that nothing I can personally say to the Maxwell family will make any difference in the face of their evil beliefs, but it felt good knowing that Jesse's post earned Planned Parenthood some extra cash due to the Maxwell's toxicity.

When Jesse's life is in peril because he is pregnant and must make the decision to carry or abort in favor of life-saving treatment, maybe I'll lend him half an ear. His body will never be impacted by a pregnancy that may not be ideal, whether one of bad timing, not supported by family or one that would kill him if a difficult decision isn't made. 

Judge not what you don't, and never can, know, Jesse (Steve?). No one likes a sanctimonious little prick.

Oh, I hope you made your donation in his name!  He will get a thank you note from them!  A little internet sleuthing will provide his address.  Just sayin' without sayin'...

2 hours ago, Season of life... said:

I totally made a donation in their honor.  

The donation is in honor of The Maxwell Family of Leavenworth, KS (found on their product ordering page).  

Letter will be addressed to Steve Maxwell, Headship.

Man, it felt good to do that.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived