Coconut Flan

I've honestly gotta say that Joy and Austin seem the most normal/happy of the girls to have been married. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought they were just a wordly couple. 

And Joy isn't even my pet fundie- Jessa is. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 23 I feel too young to get married and I have already been to college and stuff. I just...can't. With how young they are in age and in world experiences. 

Oh this hair thing. "How you want." No Joy, you choose how you want your hair. 

Oh gosh I just tuned in... my hair is really what YOU want... can she not even have an opinion on her own damned hair...?

Just now, MarblesMom said:

@Carm_88 jinx!  You owe me a Coke.  And whiskey.

Hahah I do! Jesus. This thing is...ugh! Nope! 

Joy may have insisted that Austin tell her how to wear her hair, but you'll notice that Austin refused to answer. I honestly think he was wanting her to have it her way. 

So I've put together a buzzword bingo for this Very Special™ Episode of Counting On. 

Go to the link below to create your board and paste the words exactly as they are under the spoiler.

http://www.businessbuzzwordbingo.com/custombingo.html

First to complete a board wins a prize!

Here are the words:

Spoiler

Season of life, special privileges for Josie, "so precious", such a blessing, marrying my best friend, adoring gazes,
DERICK SWIPES JILL FROM AISLE, Joshley sighting, JoKen awkwardness, unmarried sibling seen texting, Jim Bob cries, Jill requires extra attention, Carlin Bates, Bates family member sighting, unity candle, Sierra's crazy eyes, ring shot (J'austin), ring shot (JoKen), nervous Joe, food preparation scene, "omg disaster! Drama!", family wearing matching outfits, Jeremy side eyeing Derick, Jana looking genuinely happy, Jenny looking genuinely happy, Anna looking genuinely happy, Michelle is fake sympathetic and calls JB "daddy", crying, cans of hairspray, WE WANT BAYBEEZ, drawing closer to The Lawd, pickles, flashback to sibling wedding, "so um, yeah", 

First spotting of Henry and the typical J-Boob! 

Funny thing is the last time this show mentioned Henry, he wasn't even born. He'll be born next week. lol

... I haven't been fond of Austin, but him trying to find out what Joy wants gave him some points in my book. Especially since she was being super submissive. Well done Austin. 

Counting on: Joys wedding

I love how they're not even pretending that it matters, starting right out with the wedding and not teasing it through the season.  I guess Jessa really needed the season to be all about her, and the audience doesnt know joy as well as the other J'slaves.

We open at crosschurch, with giant crosses on the front lawn.  Austin carries boxes of suits from the car.  Someone else carries suits.  "laura" greets him, shes the wedding coordinator and has the rings. 

The J'kids pull up in a white chevy with the emblem fuzzed out.  Joy walks in and sees austin, they sidehug and seem pretty genuine.

They remind us that today is their wedding day and they walk into the sanctuary.  He's dreamed and prayed about the day.

They're asked what moment they're looking foward to. Joy says vows, he says putting the ring on her finger.  The kiss is a given.

Austin explains that they dont want the tradition of not seeing eachother.  They needed to talk and pray together.

Shots of cindy putting candles and flowers on the floor of the sanctuary. She is the "wedding designer" and the rehersal dinner and reception.  She asked austin to describe joy and shes a beautiful godly girl running barefoot through a field of flowers, and thats what she's trying to replicate.

Cindy reminds us that she's been friends with michelle for 40 years.

They do a "pinning station" and there are 12 groomsmen so they need a plan for them.  Jennifer Hartano is helping. Cindy wears pants, jennifer makes them all.... in a skirt.

Cindy goes to set up a reception hall.  There will be sage grass...

Laura, wedding planner, has to wrangle the bridal party.

In the bride's room the J'kids do their hair and makeup, including kendra, who is "joes girlfriend."

Jessa tells us she knows the excitement from her own wedding.

Joy is relaxes.  Very prego Jill does her hair and hairspray.

JInger talks about her hair... maybe wavy, maybe straight. She settles on straight.  "It seems like just yesterday it was my wedding." These moments before the wedding, its exciting to be with sisters and be a part of the festivities.

Joy says she's not nervous and that she reads her vows with clear words.

The wedding is an evening wedding so jill tells us there are more hours in the day to get things done.

Jill tells everone she's 3rd trimester and cant have coffee. Sierra sprays kendra's hair.

In the grooms room they put on shoes and iron things.  Joe buttons his shirt. 

Bobby and nick have known austin since he was 7. Hes well grounded and knows what he believes and likes.

Cindy calls the menfolk to get their boutenniers pinned. She says she made it (no, she didnt).

The men wear grey suits, austin in blue.  She pins it on him... they look like a wiggly penis with one ball.

Jd pretends that she sticks him. The men laugh.

Joy comes out to look at austin in his suit.  She asks if he likes her hair.  He asks if shes going to do a braid.  She says its up to him.  He says its what she wants.  She asks for a hug. They sidehug and say they love eachother.

Kendra comes to see Joe.  Kendra says that joy is such a good friend and its great to be here on her special da.  She's excited for her big day, one day.

She sees her dad and they hug.  Pastor Caldwell tells the camera that joe has a plan.

Joe tells us that joy is in on his plan to propose.

Back in the girls oom joy changes into her dress.

Did Austin ask if she was putting a braid in her hair??? Or a veil? I forgot to Dvr so I couldn't rewind. He actually looked at her hair when she asked, instead of being like it's beautiful no matter what. He fundy failed!

1 minute ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Did Austin ask if she was putting a braid in her hair??? Or a veil? I forgot to Dvr so I couldn't rewind. He actually looked at her hair when she asked, instead of being like it's beautiful no matter what. He fundy failed!

Yep he did. A braid or something was the exact phrasing. I believe. 

I'M LATE BUT I'M HERE

All I saw was the veil indecisiveness and idk how to feel about it.

The scene with the hair and veil just reinforced how much of a teenager Joy is, a fundie teenager at that. Austin, thank god you put the decision back on her. Your soon to be wife has a brain, make her use it.

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Yep he did. A braid or something was the exact phrasing. I believe. 

It's the way he said it!! Maybe I'm being dramatic. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived