Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, cascarones said:

Fun fact: if you've got very long hair (almost Locks of Love chop time!) and like to fly comfortably in a long dress and cardigan, you are immediately assumed to be a part of the group and in the free for all Southwest boarding you get interesting seat companions. 

...and yet you're here and at liberty, so I'm assuming you managed the whole flight without throttling anyone. ...either that, or you pulled it off super-discreetly. Either way, kudos. It must've taken a lot of strength to get through that flight (I'm thinking of the haunted look on that guy who ended up flying next to TFDW).

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

...and yet you're here and at liberty, so I'm assuming you managed the whole flight without throttling anyone. ...

True, just some general scandalization of my seat mates. Middle seat bloke was perusing his Bible after his takeoff prayer and I felt both awkward and rebellious when I finally dug out my trashy beach paperback. I really wanted to mutter "avert thy eyes" at the continued scrutiny, but alas, opted to walk to the galley to order a vodka and smile cheerfully whenever I caught his eye instead. Stupid perhaps, but there's something intimidating about knowing such a small thing is going to make someone else uncomfortable. I don't know if it's a niceness thing, a social gender mindset thing. Just reading these forums makes me realize how ridiculous it is that I'm more nervous taking out a book with a trashy cover on it near a stranger than I am in those 'you know it's going to be contentious' situations I run into in my professional life.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
On 6/9/2017 at 8:34 AM, cascarones said:

Wonder if any of the Duggar girls ever donate their hair? Theirs is long enough to still keep it below the shoulders after length requirements.

The Duggar girls donating their crowning glories? Ha! I can't see them doing something that would "take away from their beauty", although I wish they would.

My hair is incredibly fine, so I have never been able to get it long enough to donate. :'(

On 6/8/2017 at 10:44 AM, Lurky said:

The Jeubs also walked back from Fundydom - their oldest 2 daughters were cast out, basically, and Cynthia blogged about it all really eloquently, especially about the physical and financial abuse. I recommend the threads - and I hope the escapees are well and happy.

I tried to find the blog, but it seems as if it does not exist anymore. Do you know if there anyway I can see these posts?

16 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

The Duggar girls donating their crowning glories? Ha! I can't see them doing something that would "take away from their beauty", although I wish they would.

My hair is incredibly fine, so I have never been able to get it long enough to donate. :'(

Or do something to benefit others, yeah, not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I dont want the show to come back tonight.  Can someone please help me with this?

Our answers went unanswered. :(

So... who wants to do poor Buzzard a solid and sacrifice themselves on the altar of snark?

On 6/9/2017 at 8:34 AM, cascarones said:

@SapphireSlytherin They both use the same wigmaker, which is where some of the hair is culled out and sold to keep manufacturing costs down and the source for where "Locks of Love" sells hair confusion comes from.

SHUT UP! 

Thank you so much for this info. My two daughters and I have very thick, straight dark blonde hair. It grows like crazy and we do this every two years. I stopped locks of love a few years back and started donating to pantene. 

Color me informed!

13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I dont want the show to come back tonight.  Can someone please help me with this?

Rufus will bless you for the sacrifice you are going to take on tonight for all of us. May Rufus bless you with endless cream of mushroom soup burritos, a new pair of flip flops and a wifey t shirt. Praise Be for your sacrifice

52 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

Rufus will bless you for the sacrifice you are going to take on tonight for all of us. May Rufus bless you with endless cream of mushroom soup burritos, a new pair of flip flops and a wifey t shirt. Praise Be for your sacrifice

And I will toss in a few modesty panels, a can of self tanner and a case of hairspray.

1 minute ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

And I will toss in a few modesty panels, a can of self tanner and a case of hairspray.

Praise Be for your generosity

Looking forward for them explaining me what the differences between courting, dating, engaged and married means, because we probably all have forgotten already

18 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I'm not pregnant anymore, so Rufus better bring me some wine!

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

Anyone know where I can stream the show? I don't want to give them revenue, but I'm genuinely curious to watch.

I don't think we're really supposed to ask or answer that here, hence the downvotes. I think I can tell you... that the episodes are easily found on youtube within a few days. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Will homemade hooch do?  BIL makes it and gives it to all of us for Christmas.  I won't even cook with it.  That last comment was dreadful.  It is perfectly fine to drink but I don't care for it.  Off to the prayer closet for me.

Episode 1:  Joy and Austin's wedding day finally arrives; a first look at this exciting and emotional event, with Joy walking down the aisle to become Mrs. Austin Forsyth; recapping their journey to the altar from the beginning.

Episode 2: Joy and Austin work together on a house flipping project; the family celebrates Spurgeon's first birthday; in Laredo, things heat up in the kitchen with Jinger and Jeremy

I'd be willing to do a recap since I will be watching but there are many of you here far wittier and funnier than I am. Looking forward to the episode, purely for snark value.

Ok and I am a little curious to see all the details of the engagement/courtship after reading about the predictions on here for so long!

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

5a0c84f00393ad04c79a39ea0506311f.jpg

9 minutes ago, flycat said:

Episode 2: Joy and Austin work together on a house flipping project; the family celebrates Spurgeon's first birthday; in Laredo, things heat up in the kitchen with Jinger and Jeremy

As Jeremy figures out how to work the cheese greater while Jinger ruminates why it isn't already wrapped in individual cellophane wraps, and isn't orange. 

8 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I'd be willing to do a recap since I will be watching but there are many of you here far wittier and funny than I am. Looking forward to the episode, purely for snark value.

Ok and I am a little curious to see all the details of the engagement/courtship after reading about the predictions on here for so long!

You serious? Because a 2 hour episode is a little more than I can handle with a newborn.  I can do episode 1 if you take episode 2!

You serious? Because a 2 hour episode is a little more than I can handle with a newborn.  I can do episode 1 if you take episode 2!

Sure, I will do it! :) it will take my mind off packing and moving and stressing out for awhile!

Just now, PumaLover said:

Sure, I will do it! :) it will take my mind off packing and moving and stressing out for awhile!

done!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived