IGNORED

O'Reilly out at FOX!

47of74

I know I gave up snarking on Hannity for Lent, but I peeked just a little bit tonight, because of yesterday's shooting.  The problem isn't gun access, it's "school safety".  Every school needs armed security guards (either retired cops, or retired military).  Lots of guards, because the high school where the shooting took place did have a solitary armed guard.  All schools need metal detectors and all students need IDs to be able to enter the building.  He then talked about Chicago's murder rate (771 in 2016, and the highest on Hannity's little list), but didn't talk about guns moving to Chicago from nearby Indiana, where gun laws are much weaker.  I think Hannity likes to bring up Chicago because the Obamas are from Chicago.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/glanton/ct-met-gun-control-chicago-dahleen-glanton-20171003-story.html

When it comes to gun laws, big cities are only as strong as the states that border them. And in Chicago’s case, that’s Indiana. Thanks to Vice President Mike Pence, the former governor, Indiana has some of the weakest gun laws in the nation.

While Illinois has gone to great lengths to see that background checks are done for all gun purchases, Indiana has done the opposite. To buy a weapon in Illinois, the owner must have a valid firearms owner’s identification card, issued by the Illinois State Police.

With no permit or license required to purchase a gun in Indiana, it is incredibly easy for a trafficker to drive across the state line, obtain a gun and use it to commit a homicide on the streets of Chicago.

I only wanted to see how Hannity would handle the tragedy (if at all), but then he introduced Judge Jeanine.  That was my cue to change the station.

Almost forgot to mention Hannity actually admits hiring all those guards would be expensive, but aren't your children's lives worth it?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, JMarie said:

Almost forgot to mention Hannity actually admits hiring all those guards would be expensive, but aren't your children's lives worth it?

How about putting that money towards more counselors, social workers, and school nurses to help students who are having mental health issues? How about putting that money towards hiring more teachers to allow for smaller class sizes to help decrease students falling through the cracks? Instead of doing something to solve the problem, the pro life party wants more guns in schools so potential minor aged shooters can get taken down quicker.

32 minutes ago, Ali said:

How about putting that money towards more counselors, social workers, and school nurses to help students who are having mental health issues? How about putting that money towards hiring more teachers to allow for smaller class sizes to help decrease students falling through the cracks? Instead of doing something to solve the problem, the pro life party wants more guns in schools so potential minor aged shooters can get taken down quicker.

Neh- I'm sure in Hannityland he'd cut teachers and counselors in order to have more armed guards. Class sizes of 50-60+, anyone?

Maybe, he'd even have his ultimate dream- eliminate the school lunch program and use the money for high security. That would really stick it to those poor, hungry students.

1 hour ago, Ali said:

If we did that, there wouldn't be increased sales of guns and ammunition to school districts.  Hannity's a member of the NRA; it wouldn't surprise me if he owns stock in Smith & Wesson.

4 hours ago, Ali said:

the pro life party wants more guns in schools so potential minor aged shooters can get taken down quicker.

Actually, they just want more guns. Anywhere, everywhere. They won't mind using one of their brain-washed minions as a distraction from the real purpose. More SROs in schools means public money going to buy guns. It's Christmas for the NRA. And don't for a second believe they want to do a better job of identifying young people with mental health problems. Those are big customers for them.

We'd all be well-served to remember that there is little else in this country, as far as government, besides the NRA now.

As I've said before, I'm not really a sports fan, and I have never watched LeBron James play basketball. A quick google search showed me that while LeBron is best known for being a skilled athlete, he's also a businessman and philanthropist who is beloved by millions. 

Laura makes her living bitching and moaning on the radio and on Fox News. Dartmouth College must be so proud to have Laura representing them in the world. :pb_rollseyes:

42 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

As I've said before, I'm not really a sports fan, and I have never watched LeBron James play basketball. A quick google search showed me that while LeBron is best known for being a skilled athlete, he's also a businessman and philanthropist who is beloved by millions. 

Laura makes her living bitching and moaning on the radio and on Fox News. Dartmouth College must be so proud to have Laura representing them in the world. :pb_rollseyes:

I don't follow basketball at all, just not my thing, but this man stupid? No, don't think so. Who is this Laura scum anyway? How is she more qualified to talk politics than Mr. James? Once, just once I wish these FoxSpews Aryan Nation fuck wads would have somebody tell them to shut the fuck up to their faces. Seriously, I want to know who the hell is going to tell them the shut  the fuck on national TV. Call them out for who they are. I want to go up and ask her in person who the fuck she things she is.  I know who she is. She is a nasty piece of stinking shit.

Honestly she might as well have called him the N-word because that's what she was alluding to with her choice of words. 

Steve Kerr ( Coach of the Golden State Warriors) has been EXTREMELY vocal about his disgust for orange fuck face as well as Gregg Popvich (Coach of the San Antonio Spurs) (both teams are basketball for those that are wondering). They were also vocal about gun control, why haven't they been mentioned by her? Obvious reason, skin color.

Also it's just exhausting when many of the reporters discuss how celebrities and athletes shouldn't discuss politics when they are concerned citizens and the repugs literally allowed a reality celebrity into the office.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Honestly she might as well have called him the N-word because that's what she was alluding to with her choice of words. 

This. Exactly this.

19 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Once, just once I wish these FoxSpews Aryan Nation fuck wads would have somebody tell them to shut the fuck up

Chris Long did, on twitter. Hilariously pointed out all of the celebrities Faux has had on talking politics. You know I'm bad at links but it was all kinds of fun. If you google Chris Long/Laura Ingraham it will pop up.

I see that we are up to page 23, and will therefore be getting a new thread sometime soon. When we get a new thread, can whoever starts the thread please leave Bill O'Reilly's name off of the new thread? We're currently using this thread as a more general Fox News shenanigans thread. 

Thank you! :pb_smile:

On 2/16/2018 at 2:26 PM, Cartmann99 said:

1.  LeBron did graduate from high school, despite what she said

2.  She's a never married blond 50-something on Fox News.  Does she sound like anyone else we know??

It looks like Eric Swalwell is going to take over part of Tucker Carlson's show!

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

It looks like Eric Swalwell is going to take over part of Tucker Carlson's show!

This could be interesting.  I'd watch. I like to watch. 

10 hours ago, Howl said:

This could be interesting.  I'd watch. I like to watch

Is this fifty shades of Free Jinger? :kitty-wink:

On 2/17/2018 at 9:48 PM, JMarie said:

She's a never married blond 50-something on Fox News.  Does she sound like anyone else we know??

Laura's daughter is originally from Guatamala, and it breaks my heart to think of the  things that little girl is going to hear from her mom about her country of origin. :pb_sad:

Did y'all see that Faux is now going to have a streaming service with content not seen on Faux News? I guess they need more money for hair mousse for Shamity: "Fox News Is Ditching the “News,” Doubling Down on the Crazy, with a Streaming Service for “Super-fans”"

Spoiler

Are you a Fox News devotee whose only gripe with the network is that it doesn’t provide enough insane commentary to sate your appetite? Do you wish that you could watch Fox & Friends explain why the Russia story is fake news on your living-room TV, while simultaneously streaming Sean Hannity 2.0 screaming about the government hiding information that links Hillary Clinton to the 9/11 attacks on your iPad? Are you unable to sleep at night without tuning into Tucker Carlson first? Were you almost as panicked as Donald Trump when you heard that Walt Disney Co. had agreed to buy “key” assets of 21st Century Fox, for fear your favorite shows would suddenly disappear (something that Rupert Murdoch personally assured the president would not happen)? Then consider today your lucky day.

On Tuesday, the Murdoch-owned network is expected to announce Fox Nation, a stand-alone subscription streaming service that will broadcast original shows and hours of daily programming separate from the cable channel, from new commentators and anchors in the mold of Hannity, who’s slated to make cameos. “Fox Nation is designed to appeal to the Fox superfan,” John Finley, who heads production and program development for Fox News, told The New York Times. “These are the folks who watch Fox News every night for hours at a time, the dedicated audience that really wants more of what we have to offer.” According to Finley, the plan for Fox Nation has nothing to do with the viewers moving en masse away from cable, and everything to do with the unquenchable demand of Fox viewers for more right-wing commentary. “It’s about serving our audience,” Finley told the Times. The audience “value our product so much, they go to hotels and if they can’t have Fox, they send us emails. They go on cruises, and if they can’t have Fox, they send us emails. This is a way for us to meet that demand.”

Putting aside the obvious horror of all-Hannity all-the-time, Fox Nation isn’t a horrible play, business-wise. (It’s societal impact, obviously, is too much of a nightmare to contemplate.) If Fox’s rabid audience—the same one responsible for the network’s consistently high viewership—does follow the brand online, it would allow the company to diversify in a way that could insulate it from cord-cutters. There’s apparently no worry whatsoever about the fact that ex-Fox personalities like Bill O’Reilly and Glenn Beck went on to launch Web products that gained little traction. “This is not starting from scratch here,” Finley said. “Glenn Beck had a ton of viewers when he was here on Fox. When he left, it didn’t seem to me that they followed him. People are loyal to the Fox brand.”

In an increasingly polarized news environment, Fox’s streaming service seems like the logical endpoint, going all in on the network’s reputation as a spin factory and cutting out the midday “news” portion altogether. Sure, the median Fox viewer is an ancient 65 years old, and the network’s evidence for Web-only demand consists of its Web site traffic and “heavy presence on Facebook.” But with Fox News spinning out around $1 billion in annual profit, the network has plenty of cash to experiment with as 21st Century Fox, like other aging media companies, slowly adjusts to a post-cable, post-bundling, all-digital world. And we can think of at least one die-hard septuagenarian who will volunteer as an early adopter.

“the obvious horror of all-Hannity-all-the-time...”

Yeah, even Stephen King isn’t that scary.

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Did y'all see that Faux is now going to have a streaming service with content not seen on Faux News? I guess they need more money for hair mousse for Shamity: "Fox News Is Ditching the “News,” Doubling Down on the Crazy, with a Streaming Service for “Super-fans”"

Reveal hidden contents

Are you a Fox News devotee whose only gripe with the network is that it doesn’t provide enough insane commentary to sate your appetite? Do you wish that you could watch Fox & Friends explain why the Russia story is fake news on your living-room TV, while simultaneously streaming Sean Hannity 2.0 screaming about the government hiding information that links Hillary Clinton to the 9/11 attacks on your iPad? Are you unable to sleep at night without tuning into Tucker Carlson first? Were you almost as panicked as Donald Trump when you heard that Walt Disney Co. had agreed to buy “key” assets of 21st Century Fox, for fear your favorite shows would suddenly disappear (something that Rupert Murdoch personally assured the president would not happen)? Then consider today your lucky day.

On Tuesday, the Murdoch-owned network is expected to announce Fox Nation, a stand-alone subscription streaming service that will broadcast original shows and hours of daily programming separate from the cable channel, from new commentators and anchors in the mold of Hannity, who’s slated to make cameos. “Fox Nation is designed to appeal to the Fox superfan,” John Finley, who heads production and program development for Fox News, told The New York Times. “These are the folks who watch Fox News every night for hours at a time, the dedicated audience that really wants more of what we have to offer.” According to Finley, the plan for Fox Nation has nothing to do with the viewers moving en masse away from cable, and everything to do with the unquenchable demand of Fox viewers for more right-wing commentary. “It’s about serving our audience,” Finley told the Times. The audience “value our product so much, they go to hotels and if they can’t have Fox, they send us emails. They go on cruises, and if they can’t have Fox, they send us emails. This is a way for us to meet that demand.”

Putting aside the obvious horror of all-Hannity all-the-time, Fox Nation isn’t a horrible play, business-wise. (It’s societal impact, obviously, is too much of a nightmare to contemplate.) If Fox’s rabid audience—the same one responsible for the network’s consistently high viewership—does follow the brand online, it would allow the company to diversify in a way that could insulate it from cord-cutters. There’s apparently no worry whatsoever about the fact that ex-Fox personalities like Bill O’Reilly and Glenn Beck went on to launch Web products that gained little traction. “This is not starting from scratch here,” Finley said. “Glenn Beck had a ton of viewers when he was here on Fox. When he left, it didn’t seem to me that they followed him. People are loyal to the Fox brand.”

In an increasingly polarized news environment, Fox’s streaming service seems like the logical endpoint, going all in on the network’s reputation as a spin factory and cutting out the midday “news” portion altogether. Sure, the median Fox viewer is an ancient 65 years old, and the network’s evidence for Web-only demand consists of its Web site traffic and “heavy presence on Facebook.” But with Fox News spinning out around $1 billion in annual profit, the network has plenty of cash to experiment with as 21st Century Fox, like other aging media companies, slowly adjusts to a post-cable, post-bundling, all-digital world. And we can think of at least one die-hard septuagenarian who will volunteer as an early adopter.

It's sad that the people who will obsess over this can't see what's happening to them. I wonder if they are able to articulate what it would be that they are doing. Listening to their rigid opinions reinforced all day long? Watching the episode where Hannity explains how Hillary colluded with Russia again and again? So now instead of looking at Facebook all day at work they'll be watching episodes of Tomi and Tucker all day. What fun for their bosses.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:44 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Did y'all see that Faux is now going to have a streaming service with content not seen on Faux News?

Since according to that article their median viewer is 65, I would think a new Fox channel more heavily targeted at an older audience would be a better choice for them. While there are some very tech savvy seniors, as a group, seniors don't interact with the internet at as high of a rate as younger people. :confusion-shrug:

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Since according to that article their median viewer is 65, I would think a new Fox channel more heavily targeted at an older audience would be a better choice for them. While there are some very tech savvy seniors, as a group, seniors don't interact with the internet at as high of a rate as younger people. :confusion-shrug:

Speaking as someone who is "toll free tech support" for my senior citizen mother, I agree. I've had to set up her computer, her cell phone, her tablet, her Echo, and her Fire TV.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:47 PM, Cartmann99 said:
On 2/20/2018 at 5:52 AM, Howl said:

This could be interesting.  I'd watch. I like to watch

Is this fifty shades of Free Jinger? :kitty-wink:

I was thinking Peter Sellers as Chance the Gardener in Being There.

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Speaking as someone who is "toll free tech support" for my senior citizen mother, I agree. I've had to set up her computer, her cell phone, her tablet, her Echo, and her Fire TV.

I'm on the verge of calling my stepson, who gave us a Google Home for Christmas.  For about a month, she'd randomly remind us that we hadn't set her up yet.  Then she gave up. 

The latest on Judge Jeanine Leadfoot: "Ex-Westchester DA Jeanine Pirro To Pay Fine, Take Course For 119 MPH Ticket"

Spoiler

After several months, Fox News host and former Westchester County District Attorney Jeanine Pirro has pleaded guilty to a speeding charge against her.

New York State Police troopers stopped Pirro driving 119 miles per hour on Nov. 19 last year in the Town of Nichols, which is in upstate Tioga County near Owego and her hometown Elmira.

When she was stopped by troopers, Pirro, who lives in Harrison, was driving in a 65 mph zone. According to the New York Department of Motor Vehicles, Pirro faced up to 11 points on her license for driving more than 40 mph over the speed limit, though that was reduced as part of her plea.

Pirro has pleaded guilty to driving 95 mph in a 65 mph zone. She must take a defensive driving course and pay nearly $400 in fines.

“I had been driving for hours to visit my ailing 89-year-old mom and didn’t realize how fast I was driving," Pirro said in a statement released by Fox after she was busted. "I believe in the rule of law and I will pay the consequences.”

Pirro is currently the host of “Justice With Judge Jeanine” on Fox News. She previously hosted the show “Judge Jeanine Pirro” on the CW, which was canceled six years ago. Pirro was the Westchester District Attorney from 1993 until 2005.

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

We bought my late mother a DVD player and had one of the relatives hook it up to her television for her. Unfortunately, she never could get the hang of how to switch back and forth from watching DVDs to satellite television, so we decided to get her a very simple portable DVD player. She ended up liking that a lot better as she could set it up on the TV tray by her chair, and she didn't have to get up to put another DVD in. 

I tried my best to keep her watching her mystery show DVDs as much as possible, as otherwise she'd end up watching Fox News and requesting Bill O'Reilly books. :pb_rollseyes:

The answer to your question is no. If she wanted his books, she had to spend her own money on them.

On 2/20/2018 at 7:44 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Hide contents

When are the superfans supposed to watch Fox Nation?  If they're already watching all the prime time shows, I assume the "good" shows will be on in the afternoon, so they won't disrupt the stellar ratings of Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham.  So let's have superfans stay in their homes all the time, isolated from the outside world.  What an awesome message for the elderly population that is the bulk of Fox viewers.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived