IGNORED

O'Reilly out at FOX!

47of74

12 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Poor Lara is out of the loop, no one gave her the talking points. It was not an anti Trump march, everyone was there to celebrate Trump's kick ass year.

She contradicted her fuhrer-in-law who said they were celebrating HIM.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disturbing authoritarian propaganda. :?

Does Shep realize he's supposed to be working for Faux?

Warning, warning, we are approaching peak hannity levels.

In the past he has made faces to a NYT photographer, they printed a photo that he found unflattering, and this somehow discredits unrelated NYT reporting. Also there aren't enough  pictures of Hannity looking like Shrek on the internet so it was very helpful of him to photoshop one.

Should we invite Sean to join the Coloring Minions?

From the WaPo: "Sean Hannity’s finest hour"

Spoiler

Because context is everything, let’s look back at the presentation of Fox News host Sean Hannity on June 12, 2017. The previous month, Robert S. Mueller III had been appointed as special counsel to probe allegations that the Trump campaign may have colluded with Russian agents during the 2016 presidential campaign — a potential death blow to a presidency that Hannity held dear. After all, the Fox News opinion host had gone so far as to tape a video promotion for then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, earning a rebuke from his network.

“The special counsel, Robert Mueller’s, investigation is now turning into a witch hunt. It needs to be shut down immediately,” crowed Hannity at the top of his June 12 program. Numerous conflicts of interest, roared Hannity, compromised Mueller’s ability to treat President Trump and Co. fairly, including the fact that fired FBI director James B. Comey was allegedly a “longtime friend” of Mueller’s. There was more in Hannity’s conflict book: “And if that’s not bad enough, then there is this from TheHill.com: Four members of Mueller’s team have donated to Democrats! Oh, imagine if conservatives tried to do this, Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton? This is beyond now ridiculous, and another reason why this special counsel Mueller needs to be shut down immediately, on top of the fact that we know there’s no collusion.”

The attack on Mueller by intimate Trumpites such as Hannity prompted concerns about an effort to clear the way for the president to fire the special counsel, an extraordinary step that would have led to a constitutional crisis, or at least some kind of crisis. The very day that Hannity unleashed his conflict-of-interest spiel, in fact, Newsmax’s Chris Ruddy — also very close to Trump — reported that Trump was indeed considering Mueller’s dismissal.

A half-year later, the story apparently landed in the wrong hands, at least for Hannity. “Now tonight, for example, they’re trying to change the story,” proclaimed Hannity on his Thursday night broadcast. “At this hour, the New York Times is trying to distract you. They have a story that Trump wanted Mueller fired sometime last June, and our sources, and I’ve checked in with many of them, they’re not confirming that tonight. And the president’s attorney dismissed the story, and says, ‘Nope, no comment, we’re not going there.’ And how many times has the New York Times and others gotten it wrong?”

So there you had it: Hannity, who has claimed before that he’s no journalist, assured viewers through his sources that there was nothing to the New York Times story.

A bit later, Hannity checked in with Ed Henry, part of the Fox News’s hard-news division. You know, the fellows who try their best to tiptoe around Hannity’s conspiracy theories. “It is my understanding … that there are anonymous sources again,” Hannity said to Henry in the classic Hannity put-down. Never mind that Hannity himself didn’t name any of the sources that he’d reportedly consulted in batting down the New York Times scoop.

“It is anonymous sources,” responded Henry, who then recapped the New York Times piece. Seeking to explain the June time frame, Henry said, “Remember the reports that you and others were citing at the time, last summer, that Robert Mueller hired a lot of lawyers on the special counsel team who had donated money to Democratic candidates.” Though Henry had managed to confirm a piece of the story — that there was some kind of “fee dispute” with Mueller at a Trump property long ago — he didn’t have independent confirmation of the whole thing.

And so Hannity continued on his way with his regularly scheduled programming. Prompted by Hannity, commentator Gregg Jarrett said of the New York Times journalists behind the Mueller story: “Yeah, these are not reliable reporters.”

Then: Just before Hannity signed off for the night, he turned in his finest hour. “All right, so we have sources tonight just confirming to Ed Henry that, yeah, maybe Donald Trump wanted to fire the special counsel for conflict,” said the host. “Does he not have the right to raise those questions? You know, we’ll deal with this tomorrow night.” Should be fun, considering that Trump, participating in the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, said, “Fake news. A typical New York Times fake story.”

Hannity later tweeted some remarks:

20180126_wapo1.PNG.899eeb8948a6b7682ed87baf901e3af8.PNG

...< followed by the emerald tweet seen above >

Here at the Erik Wemple Blog, we’ll take it. If Sean Hannity wants to lay down his usual horse hockey for the first 59 minutes of his show, and then admit the truth in the final minute — isn’t that an upgrade over the usual formula? Wouldn’t that be a win for democracy?

Don’t get too eager to see a format change, however. After sheepishly coming forth with Henry’s confirmation, Hannity didn’t appear too interested in prolonging his correction. Instead, he went to another pressing story: “We have a shocking video of the day to bring you, by the way. This footage comes to us from Arizona where — you see that red SUV, high-speed police chase? Ultimately the suspect’s vehicle slams into another car, flips several times before coming to a stop. The driver eventually comes out of the car — the wrecked vehicle — but instead of running, he stands  around until police arrive and then promptly arrested him,” said Hannity.

In Hannity’s world, there’s no collusion, just collision.

When I saw the headline, my first thought was that Shammity's finest hour would be the one where his mouth was hermetically sealed.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

From the WaPo: "Sean Hannity’s finest hour"

Reveal hidden contents

Because context is everything, let’s look back at the presentation of Fox News host Sean Hannity on June 12, 2017. The previous month, Robert S. Mueller III had been appointed as special counsel to probe allegations that the Trump campaign may have colluded with Russian agents during the 2016 presidential campaign — a potential death blow to a presidency that Hannity held dear. After all, the Fox News opinion host had gone so far as to tape a video promotion for then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, earning a rebuke from his network.

“The special counsel, Robert Mueller’s, investigation is now turning into a witch hunt. It needs to be shut down immediately,” crowed Hannity at the top of his June 12 program. Numerous conflicts of interest, roared Hannity, compromised Mueller’s ability to treat President Trump and Co. fairly, including the fact that fired FBI director James B. Comey was allegedly a “longtime friend” of Mueller’s. There was more in Hannity’s conflict book: “And if that’s not bad enough, then there is this from TheHill.com: Four members of Mueller’s team have donated to Democrats! Oh, imagine if conservatives tried to do this, Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton? This is beyond now ridiculous, and another reason why this special counsel Mueller needs to be shut down immediately, on top of the fact that we know there’s no collusion.”

The attack on Mueller by intimate Trumpites such as Hannity prompted concerns about an effort to clear the way for the president to fire the special counsel, an extraordinary step that would have led to a constitutional crisis, or at least some kind of crisis. The very day that Hannity unleashed his conflict-of-interest spiel, in fact, Newsmax’s Chris Ruddy — also very close to Trump — reported that Trump was indeed considering Mueller’s dismissal.

A half-year later, the story apparently landed in the wrong hands, at least for Hannity. “Now tonight, for example, they’re trying to change the story,” proclaimed Hannity on his Thursday night broadcast. “At this hour, the New York Times is trying to distract you. They have a story that Trump wanted Mueller fired sometime last June, and our sources, and I’ve checked in with many of them, they’re not confirming that tonight. And the president’s attorney dismissed the story, and says, ‘Nope, no comment, we’re not going there.’ And how many times has the New York Times and others gotten it wrong?”

So there you had it: Hannity, who has claimed before that he’s no journalist, assured viewers through his sources that there was nothing to the New York Times story.

A bit later, Hannity checked in with Ed Henry, part of the Fox News’s hard-news division. You know, the fellows who try their best to tiptoe around Hannity’s conspiracy theories. “It is my understanding … that there are anonymous sources again,” Hannity said to Henry in the classic Hannity put-down. Never mind that Hannity himself didn’t name any of the sources that he’d reportedly consulted in batting down the New York Times scoop.

“It is anonymous sources,” responded Henry, who then recapped the New York Times piece. Seeking to explain the June time frame, Henry said, “Remember the reports that you and others were citing at the time, last summer, that Robert Mueller hired a lot of lawyers on the special counsel team who had donated money to Democratic candidates.” Though Henry had managed to confirm a piece of the story — that there was some kind of “fee dispute” with Mueller at a Trump property long ago — he didn’t have independent confirmation of the whole thing.

And so Hannity continued on his way with his regularly scheduled programming. Prompted by Hannity, commentator Gregg Jarrett said of the New York Times journalists behind the Mueller story: “Yeah, these are not reliable reporters.”

Then: Just before Hannity signed off for the night, he turned in his finest hour. “All right, so we have sources tonight just confirming to Ed Henry that, yeah, maybe Donald Trump wanted to fire the special counsel for conflict,” said the host. “Does he not have the right to raise those questions? You know, we’ll deal with this tomorrow night.” Should be fun, considering that Trump, participating in the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, said, “Fake news. A typical New York Times fake story.”

Hannity later tweeted some remarks:

20180126_wapo1.PNG.899eeb8948a6b7682ed87baf901e3af8.PNG

...< followed by the emerald tweet seen above >

Here at the Erik Wemple Blog, we’ll take it. If Sean Hannity wants to lay down his usual horse hockey for the first 59 minutes of his show, and then admit the truth in the final minute — isn’t that an upgrade over the usual formula? Wouldn’t that be a win for democracy?

Don’t get too eager to see a format change, however. After sheepishly coming forth with Henry’s confirmation, Hannity didn’t appear too interested in prolonging his correction. Instead, he went to another pressing story: “We have a shocking video of the day to bring you, by the way. This footage comes to us from Arizona where — you see that red SUV, high-speed police chase? Ultimately the suspect’s vehicle slams into another car, flips several times before coming to a stop. The driver eventually comes out of the car — the wrecked vehicle — but instead of running, he stands  around until police arrive and then promptly arrested him,” said Hannity.

In Hannity’s world, there’s no collusion, just collision.

When I saw the headline, my first thought was that Shammity's finest hour would be the one where his mouth was hermetically sealed.

Wow, it looks like he was having a massive meltdown. Things weren't going his way in real time and he couldn't spin it.

And I am confused about this Repubnut narrative about how Mueller can't be impartial. He dropped his membership with a Trump golf club because of fees and that makes him partial? Oh and some of the people on his team voted for Hillary? Wait, was everyone who investigated Hillary a Democrat?

On 1/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

See, it saves Faux money, because they don't have to employ scriptwriters and employees to load the teleprompters, since they do the same thing every night. They just have to pay people to make Shammity look vaguely human and change his shirt and jacket.

I never thought about the scriptwriters and teleprompter people.  I didn't even think Hannity had scriptwriters.  I guess I've always assumed he recycled whatever he said on his radio show that day.  Like, the first twelve minutes will be about uranium, and Sebastian Gorka is always good for those segments.  It's not really the content that's important, it's fitting in content around the preset commercial breaks.

If everyone who donated to a democrat should be kicked off of Meullers team, does that also mean that everyone who donated to a republican should also be let go?

So I made a special effort to watch Hannity tonight, even though I am soooooo tired of the same thing every night.  I feel like Cynthia Nixon at the beginning of Baby's Day Out ("Nanny Gilbertine is so tired of the boo boo book, she could just gag.")

Media hysteria about how Trump (didn't) fire Mueller -- Hannity's never going to trust the New York Times, never ever.

He starts in on Hillary's emails at 9:06.  Rambling on about FISA, and Bill Clinton's meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac.

{a commercial for Peyronie's Disease, which I don't remember from nursing school; it seems an odd fit (tee-hee) for Hannity's show}

Newt Gingrich calls the "non-story about a non-event" (the Mueller investigation) schizophrenic insanity.  Sara Carter, who seems to be popping up quite frequently, says that "the American public are not getting well informed by all of these very important news agencies."

Democrats hate Trump's immigration plan.  Lou Dobbs is all excited, but like so many of Hannity's guests, says nothing of interest.

Hillary covered up a sexual harasser in 2008. Pam Bondi (FL attorney general who got campaign donations from the Trump foundation) and Dr. Gina Loudon (cranky Wife Swap participant) can't stand the hypocracy!

From the Hannity hotine:

My cat does not even like you.  You turned to s*** all of a sudden.

I just want to say, you remind me a little bit, don't take this wrong, but you remind me a little bit of an older Eddie Munster.   More than Fred Flinstone.  Have a great day and go after those liberal snowflakes because they deserve it.

Hannity, you're supposed to be so bright, you can't even pronounce the word, "remember."  Its [sic] not "member," you dumb a**.

No Tomi Lahren tonight, but he promises that next week will be a "big" news week.

If you want to see something really special, try to find the video for the first segment from Tucker Carlson's show tonight.  There was a young woman talking about DACA.  Her argument was that immigrants granted citizenship through Trump's proposal would not be able to sponsor other immigrants (such as their parents), so the citizenship offered is not comparable to native-born citizenship -- but it should be comparable.  Tucker kept saying "answer my question" and then interupting her.  Then he abruptly ended her segment, and up popped everyone's favorite blond conservative Tomi Lahren, sorry I meant Kellyanne Conway, sorry again, I meant Ann Coulter.  Of course he didn't abruptly cut her off at the end of her segment.

59 minutes ago, JMarie said:

From the Hannity hotine:

Hannity hot line? Can anybody call and leave a message and does he really play the negative ones?

13 hours ago, JMarie said:

he promises that next week will be a "big" news week.

Doesn't he say this, literally, after every single show?

If Shammity was being honest, the only "big" thing he could guarantee next week would be his ego.

I love this one -- he should wear his tinfoil hat on his show:

20180127_twit3.PNG

Is chocolate about to become calorie-free?  Are women going to start making more money than men?  Will random warning lights stop lighting up on my car's dashboard?

Something's going on, because... HANNITY'S TWITTER HAS BE DISABLED!

4 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Is chocolate about to become calorie-free?  Are women going to start making more money than men?  Will random warning lights stop lighting up on my car's dashboard?

Something's going on, because... HANNITY'S TWITTER HAS BE DISABLED!

They said Cheeto's Biggest Cheerleader's account got compromised;

Twitter has confirmed that Sean Hannity’s account was “briefly compromised” and the company is working with the Fox News host to get the page up and running properly.

Said a Twitter spokesperson: “While we normally do not discuss individual accounts, for privacy and security reasons, we have permission from the account owner to confirm that account was briefly compromised. We are working with the owner to restore access.”

The brief disappearance last night of Hannity’s Twitter page prompted considerable speculation – some of it bizarre, some of it mocking – about what was behind the vanishing act.

While the page appeared to be back up by Saturday morning, Hannity has not posted a tweet since last night’s odd “Form Submission 1649 #Hannity” tweet.

Here's an image of the tweet

fs1649.thumb.png.88b97bf810526b0f40adeb3c597b9fa8.png

Yeah Sean, quit visiting all those naughty sites and maybe your account won't get hacked.

Help! I've fallen down the Judge Jeanie rabbit hole and I can't get up.

23 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Help! I've fallen down the Judge Jeanie rabbit hole and I can't get up.

:ferret::ferret::ferret::ferret::ferret: Sending you some rescue ferrets! I can't stand that woman.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived