IGNORED

O'Reilly out at FOX!

47of74

Welp. That prank took an unexpected turn really fast.

Julian Assange Offered Hannity Impersonator ‘News’ About Top Democrat

At about 4 a.m. on Saturday morning, a couple hours after she started pretending to be Sean Hannity, Dell Gilliam says she got a direct message back from the head of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange. That’s when she said she “kind of panicked.”

“I felt bad. He really thought he was talking to Sean Hannity,” said Gilliam.

Gilliam, a technical writer from Texas, was bored with the flu when she created @SeanHannity__ early Saturday morning. The Fox News host's real account was temporarily deleted after cryptically tweeting the phrase “Form Submission 1649 | #Hannity” on Friday night. Twitter said the account had been “briefly compromised,” according to a statement provided to The Daily Beast, and was back up on Sunday morning.

When Gilliam made the account, she did not expect to be setting up a meeting over “other channels” for Assange to send “some news about Warner,” an apparent reference to Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.

During the election, WikiLeaks’ dumped Democratic emails stolen by Kremlin hackers, even leading President Donald Trump’s CIA director to brand Assange’s organization a “hostile intelligence service” last year.

Just minutes after @SeanHannity disappeared, several accounts quickly sprung up posing as the real Hannity, shouting from Twitter exile. None were as successful as Gilliam’s @SeanHannity__ account, which has since amassed over 24,000 followers.

Gilliam then used her newfound prominence to direct message Assange as Hannity within hours.

“I can’t believe this is happening. I mean… I can. It’s crazy. Nothing can be put past people,” Gilliam, posing as Hannity, wrote to Assange. “I’m exhausted from the whole night. What about you, though? You doing ok?”

“I’m happy as long as there is a fight!” Assange responded.

Gilliam reassured Assange that she, or Hannity, was also “definitely up for a fight” and set up a call for 9:30 a.m. Eastern, about six hours later.

“You can send me messages on other channels,” said Assange, the second reference to “other channels” he made since their conversation began.

“Have some news about Warner.”

Less than 48 hours later, Warner made headlines claiming that the Senate intelligence committee received “end-of-the-year document dumps” that “opened a lot of new questions” about Trump and Russia.

When reached by The Daily Beast about the messages, Warner’s spokesperson pointed to WikiLeaks’ ties to the release of recent document drops performed by Russian entities, like Kremlin cutout Guccifer 2.0.

“Give me a break. WikiLeaks is a non-state hostile intelligence service with longstanding ties to the Russian government and Russian intelligence.”

[copies of convo between Assange and 'Hannity']

While Assange was not the only high-profile person duped by the account, his interactions with it were likely the most significant.

Citing mysterious sources and to-be-revealed bombshells, Hannity has been alleging he will unveil “the biggest scandal in American history” for weeks on his primetime Fox News show that has devolved into mostly a recitation of conspiracy theories about a “secret society” and the “deep state.”

Both Hannity and Assange’s WikiLeaks have pushed similar document drops and hashtag campaigns since before the 2016 election, most recently the push to release a confidential memo about government spying under the hashtag “#releasethememo.” Last year, Hannity even invited Assange to guest host his radio program. Both participated in baseless speculation about the murder of former DNC staffer Seth Rich, which Hannity later dropped after advertisers dropped his program.

Leaked Twitter correspondences between Donald Trump Jr. and the official WikiLeaks account made headlines in November of 2017. Trump Jr. had not disclosed the direct messages until after the November report by The Atlantic.

Hannity, Assange and Fox News public relations did not respond to a request for comment.

This was not Gilliam’s plan when she created the account on Saturday morning. In fact, she said she didn’t really know much about Sean Hannity when it all started. Gilliam said she watches Fox News, NPR, and CNN in equal parts, had “intentionally ignored [Hannity] because he seems to have no respect from anybody on either side except for Trump.”

She said she simply wanted to play a joke on another Sean Hannity account, @SeanHannity_, with one underscore and not two.

“It kind of started on a whim. I was going to tweet at one of the fake Sean Hannity accounts that was up to tell them not to be me,” she said.

Then, in part because Gilliam seemed to have picked up on Hannity’s conspiratorial and frenzied voice, things picked up fast.

“I don’t even really know how [Hannity] sounds, so I started by copying the tone of the first fake one,” she said.

It worked.

“To all the lib haters, know that I am back and here to stay. You can’t silence the truth and you have no idea what’s coming,” her first tweet read. “To all my loyal supporters - follow me on my new account to stay updated. Twitter can try to knock us down but we will keep rising up! #SeanHannity”

That tweet, which had 1,800 retweets and 3,500 likes, was retweeted by dozens of verified journalists and Twitter personalities.

Chrissy Teigen took a shot at Gilliam’s version of Hannity in front of her 9.67 million followers.

“Settle down, braveheart,” she wrote. Over 8,000 people retweeted it.

Gilliam’s experience as a bureaucrat, whose interest in fine print is “interesting to me, but nobody else,” helped her monopolize the fake Hannity space.

“I realized that in the Twitter rules it says you can’t make a fake account unless you say you’re not affiliated with that person,” she said.

Under @SeanHannity__’s bio, it reads “(Above not affiliated with) New Account!” She remained live while SeanHannity_ with one underscore and several others were booted off the service.

“People don’t read parentheticals,” she said.

Gilliam said she plans on keeping the account going, or donating her 24,000 followers to an environmental nonprofit she works with. She’s already tweeted out a YouTube video from a band she likes from Nashville to try to get them more followers.

Recovering from the flu, she didn’t sleep all of Saturday, reading through tweets by duped celebrities and mountains of messages.

“I’d say it’s one-third hate mail, one-third hero worship, one-third people saying they figured it out. His followers are disturbingly angry,” she said.

“Reading the messages, I can see how believing in this false reality would be really easy to do. I was starting to get really nervous about what was really happening. It all sucks you into a level of paranoia I’d never seen before.

It's pretty clear from the references to 'other channels' that HandJob Hannity is in cahoots with Julian Assange.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shep Smith must be Faux's token dissenter. How else could he be telling the truth and still have a job?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/08/media/fox-news-rob-porter-white-house-secretary/index.html

The Trump administration is reeling over domestic violence allegations against a top White House aide, Rob Porter. But you might not know it if you watch Fox News, where the disturbing story has been largely, and conspicuously, absent.

While virtually all other news outlets have provided extensive coverage of Porter, the White House staff secretary who resigned Wednesday after allegations that he physically abused two ex-wives were made public, Fox has all but ignored the subject.

The matter was only discussed a handful of times on-air Wednesday by Fox News reporters and anchors, according to transcript searches.

Porter's name was not mentioned during Fox News' prime-time lineup, which is stacked with pro-Trump commentators like Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham.

And Porter wasn't brought up once by Thursday during "Fox & Friends," President Trump's favorite morning show. Top White House adviser Kellyanne Conway appeared on the show as a guest, but the hosts of the show didn't ask her a single question about Porter.

On last night's Hannity:  a mishmash of FBI texts, FISA, the Grassley-Graham memo, and uranium.  The Mooch "discussed" mainstream media bias.

It's pretty easy to watch Hannity, if you record it and fast forward through the recording.  He never has any original material, and you can glean any "information" from the headline blocks in the upper right hand corner.  You can be done in  less than five minutes.

I guess Fox News won't be devoting much time to the Olympics

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/08/fox-news-executive-editor-john-moodyblasts-us-olympic-team-darker-gayer-different/23356863/

FoxNews.com Executive Editor John Moody is none too pleased about the U.S. Olympic Committee’s commitment to diversity in this year’s Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.

In a take on FoxNews.com, Moody blasted the USOC, who praised the team’s diversity in this Washington Post story from earlier this week.

“Unless it’s changed overnight, the motto of the Olympics, since 1894, has been ‘Faster, Higher, Stronger.’ It appears the U.S. Olympic Committee would like to change that to ‘Darker, Gayer, Different.’ If your goal is to win medals, that won’t work,” Moody wrote of the team’s drive to increase representations for Asian, African-American and gay athletes.

Faster, Higher, Stronger has now become Darker, Gayer, Different.  Which jogged my  memory for this:

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Unless it’s changed overnight, the motto of the Olympics, since 1894, has been ‘Faster, Higher, Stronger.’ It appears the U.S. Olympic Committee would like to change that to ‘Darker, Gayer, Different.’ If your goal is to win medals, that won’t work,” Moody wrote of the team’s drive to increase representations for Asian, African-American and gay athletes.

Translation: Won't someone please think of the heterosexual white men?

Guys! One of us just has to apply! 

2 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

@fraurosena Not it.

I have enough trouble tying scarves so my ability to fashion tin foil hats is non-existent. 

Ah, but you'd be leading a team, so you could get one of them to do it for you... :pb_wink: 

All you need is a vivid imagination and enjoy trolling BT's and love giving 'intelligence' briefings to the presidunce every morning.

I'd happily apply myself, but it explicitly states they won't help me with a visa, and I would need one to work in America. Drat.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Guys! One of us just has to apply! 

I'll write for them;

• President Obama is a Muslim
  • Hilliary Clinton wrote some e-mails
  • Robert Muller is Deep Space Nine deep state 
  • Bengazi!
  • Blah blah blah immigrants

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I'll write for them;

• Hilliary Clinton wrote some e-mails
  • Robert Muller is Deep Space Nine deep state 
  • Bengazi!
  • Blah blah blah immigrants
  • uranium 
  • fake news
  • Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch at that pesky tarmac meeting
  • Comey

P. S. -- no mention of Rob Porter in last night's Hannity, but he did manage to work uranium and the tarmac meeting into the episode.  Because that's what he considers important and/or breaking news.

5 minutes ago, JMarie said:

• uranium 
  • fake news
  • Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch at that pesky tarmac meeting
  • Comey

P. S. -- no mention of Rob Porter in last night's Hannity, but he did manage to work uranium and the tarmac meeting into the episode.  Because that's what he considers important and/or breaking news.

I think I could spice it up a bit and shake the dust off for them:

• Was Huma Abedin working for Syrian Isis fighters?
  • Was Obama designating more national monuments to use as asylum cities for illegal immigrants?
  • Did the Clinton campaign hack Wikileaks and change the emails to remove evidence of treason?
  • Was Hillary planning on making Comey a Supreme Court justice? Did he refuse to indict her because of this?

3 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

I think I could spice it up a bit and shake the dust off for them:

• Was Huma Abedin working for Syrian Isis fighters?
  • Was Obama designating more national monuments to use as asylum cities for illegal immigrants?
  • Did the Clinton campaign hack Wikileaks and change the emails to remove evidence of treason?
  • Was Hillary planning on making Comey a Supreme Court justice? Did he refuse to indict her because of this?

But they like things dusty!  They don't give their gray matter a workout if things are dusty, and that's okay by them.

Fox News is finally talking about Porter.  On a Saturday afternoon, with non-rockstar news "personalities".  Now, I didn't watch any shows last night, but I have a feeling it wasn't addressed then.

I'm thinking about giving up Fox News for Lent.  I really can't take the stupidity anymore, and it just makes me feel angsty.  

Aunt Crabby is correct, Billy O is such a damned hypocrite:

20180211_auntc3.PNG

On 2/8/2018 at 6:08 PM, JMarie said:

I guess Fox News won't be devoting much time to the Olympics

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/08/fox-news-executive-editor-john-moodyblasts-us-olympic-team-darker-gayer-different/23356863/

Faster, Higher, Stronger has now become Darker, Gayer, Different.  Which jogged my  memory for this:

I'm guessing Adam Rippon's video in this article symbolizes the downfall of the Olympics, in Fox News (and conservatives') eyes.  Condoms with special colors or designs?  Who does Rippon think he is?  The Olympics are about competition, not sex!!!!!

:boom:

http://people.com/sports/winter-olympics-2018-adam-rippon-jokes-teeth-bleaching/

The worst thing about it is she just says 'blame the previous president' without even bothering to even formulate a half-assed reason why Obama is to blame. 

That there are people out there that slobber up this drivel and believe it to the the absolute truth is mind-boggling.

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Here is the official state television take on the Rob Porter scandal: blame the black guy.

From that Rawstory article

“You want to stop a four-star general who is running the White House, who believes in chain of command, who makes a decision within forty minutes, because you hate President Trump? Find another scapegoat. You might want to look at the last president,” she said.

No, Judge Jeanine, we don't want to stop a four-star general because we hate Trump.  We want to stop him because he's a violent abuser.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:45 AM, fraurosena said:

The worst thing about it is she just says 'blame the previous president' without even bothering to even formulate a half-assed reason why Obama is to blame. 

That there are people out there that slobber up this drivel and believe it to the the absolute truth is mind-boggling.

I couldn't watch the video because my computer refuses to show anything from Faux News so thanks for the info. She doesn't even bother to explain her claim that Obama is to blame? That's going to make the BTs look extra stupid.

And what exactly was Gorka's point? That it's a shame this wife beater didn't get his security clearance? How would that have helped? I'm afraid Faux is not even bothering with coherent content anymore. Just show a picture and say "Blame this person for everything!"

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Oh honey...

Yea, I read someplace that man baby Sean is now saying he didn't write it. Umm Sean, how is it you are letting a low level staffer sign your name to to things you haven't even seen? How does this knuckle dragger manage to still have a job.. oh hold it,  Fox yea... that's why

It's a miracle this man is still working at Faux.

Fuck Sean Hannity and the burning cross he road in on. I looked at his Twitter page today because yes, I am that self destructive. He has some new 'smoking gun' bombshell to report. Let's not even start on how 'smoking gun' are the working fucking words to use right now, but this is Sean we are talking about and he has no soul anyway.  But I digress, his 'NEW' discovery which will end the Muller investigation? Well I couldn't follow it because it was all crazy conspiracy bullshit from the Daily Caller. Yea that Daily Caller the same Nazi, white suprimist, Klan site we all know and love. Why does he even bother to pretend to pass as human? Why not just stand up and say with white pride "I'm a Nazi!". 

So I'll end where I started.  Fuck you Sean and the burning cross you rode in on.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived