IGNORED

JinJer: Return of the "Crotch V" (Yes, PANTS!)

Destiny

On 4/28/2017 at 9:33 PM, purple_summer said:

Really? I first went for my birthday 3 years ago I believe, but I've really only ever had their brunch. I can agree on the service quality though. If you know of any other good brunch places with beignets let me know, I'm always down for some good fried food lol. 

*whispers* Come to Camden Yards instead :evil-laugh:

Nudge ...Nudge ..Memorial Stadium.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at the pics of the girls wearing khaki skirts with leggings underneath and I really just have to laugh at how ridiculous their beliefs about dress and modesty are. 

If you have to put leggings on little girls who are wearing a skirt in order to prevent their undies from showing when they run and play, maybe it is time to rethink what modest dress really is.   Dress for the occasion dammit.  If a kid is going to run and play, wear shorts or pants.  If your are going to send your kids to a survival camp for a stupid theme tv episode,  have them wear appropriate outdoor clothing and shoes. 

For Church, school, or other more sedate activities, then by all means have them wear a dress, if that is your standard. But when you are so rigid that you adhere to wearing dresses even in situations where it is not only impractical, but could lead to more exposure, or even cause a dangerous situation such as rafting over river rapids then your rigidity is foolish

Does anyone remember that bates/duggar crossover episode where they went rafting and the girls wore denim skirts?  How hard would it be to swim if they had fallen out of the raft. 

In defense of those girls' outfits, the polo shirts were required (and seen on other young girls), as, apparently, were khaki skirts. I don't know how active their days were going to be. Josie would still be in pre-Embassy, right? Likely learning bible verses and songs and playing games indoors. Not sure what they do with the girls aged 8 and up, but I doub they're climbing up rock walls and repelling down them, ie. stuff the boys do. 

They probably just get more advanced bible study and lame games. Probably some basic orchestra for kids who are learning instruments. 

speaking of the pre-embassy photo of the lost girls + jackson + tyler.....it always astounds me how much Johannah looks like Jinger at that age! the early 14kids-ish specials when Jinger was a preteen and had the exact same smile and eyes and her hair was just starting to get curly lol. I also think Jenni looks a lot like Jana, and miss Jordyn with her little-girl shoulder-length hair. 

18 hours ago, calimojo said:

If you have to put leggings on little girls who are wearing a skirt in order to prevent their undies from showing when they run and play, maybe it is time to rethink what modest dress really is.   Dress for the occasion dammit.  If a kid is going to run and play, wear shorts or pants.  If your are going to send your kids to a survival camp for a stupid theme tv episode,  have them wear appropriate outdoor clothing and shoes. 

I always made my daughter wear leggings or biking shorts under her skirts for the underwear issue. She INSISTED on wearing skirts all the freakin' time up until just recently (she's 8). so that was the rules! I don't push it now, but she's less inclined to have issues now. Nothing to do with modesty standards per say, just didn't want her flashing her undies to every weirdo walking by.

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

I always made my daughter wear leggings or biking shorts under her skirts for the underwear issue. She INSISTED on wearing skirts all the freakin' time up until just recently (she's 8). so that was the rules! I don't push it now, but she's less inclined to have issues now. Nothing to do with modesty standards per say, just didn't want her flashing her undies to every weirdo walking by.

* I will often wear shorts under a skirt*  Just in case...

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

* I will often wear shorts under a skirt*  Just in case...

I do also since as a slightly larger lady they are rather helpful for preventing chafing!

Just now, purplepeony said:

I do also since as a slightly larger lady they are rather helpful for preventing chafing!

Mine is an old Catholic school habit...also I have been known to walk out of the BR with my skirt up in the back-luckily only at home because I quadruple check when I'm out in public.

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

I love the little skirts for girls that have the shorts attached.   

Cracked up last weekend when the youngest granddaughter put on the new one I got her and said it was too small.   It couldn't be - they are a size 5/6 and she is just getting out of a 4.   Poor kid had both legs in one hole.

2 hours ago, purplepeony said:

I used to buy Pettipants for skirts when I was wearing skirts and dresses for work.  Vert comfy

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Mine is an old Catholic school habit...also I have been known to walk out of the BR with my skirt up in the back-luckily only at home because I quadruple check when I'm out in public.

I am howling with laughter over this one... my daughter rolled her skirt so much she had to wear shorts under so her HM HM wouldn't show.. Just let it down a half roll, dear, like I did...

4 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I love the little skirts for girls that have the shorts attached.   

Skorts!! I lived in skorts as a child. I was pretty bad about keeping my clothes on and not showing off my undies, so I was only put into clothes they could strap me into (overalls, pants with suspenders, rompers) and skorts.

I wish skorts were still a thing sometimes.

Generally, I either have leggings or compression shorts on under a skirt. I think it's more comfortable than a slip, and it gives the same sort of smoothed silhouette. 

When I was in the first grade I wore a dress to school and my dad was a SAHD who would lay my outfits if my mom couldn't. When with the dress he didn't leave shorts but I was like eh! Then I was playing on the playground during recess and one of the aides told me how I needed to come off on part of the playground because boys could look up my dress. It pissed me off so greatly that he said that and it honestly wasn't until maybe junior year of high school that I wore a dress.

Now that I'm older I usually wear under armor compression shorts due to having a somewhat larger 'asset' . Cause dresses or skirts will never work for me unless I have something underneath.

Now I'm remembering how much I wished I had some skorts for myself the last few summers. My kid looks so cute in hers and I don't have to worry (much) about her undies showing.

I want some big-girl skorts. *pouty face*

ETA--And less leg hair. LOTS less leg hair.

5 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Now that I'm older I usually wear under armor compression shorts due to having a somewhat larger 'asset' . Cause dresses or skirts will never work for me unless I have something underneath.

Compression/bike shorts for the win! I wear those things under everything.  Even when I was at a smaller weight, narrow hips can cause thigh friction, so I've been wearing them for years.  I especially like to buy them in the guys section because they're longer and seamless!

All of this talk of shorts under skirts to reduce the skirt-flip-hello-undies factor reminds me of my sister's infamous church flasher incident back when she was about 5 or 6.

One Sunday morning she was being a little shit trying to get out of going to church.  She was trying the tactic of refusing to get dressed, reasoning that my parents wouldn't take a naked child to church.  My Mother was having none of it.  At some point a dress was dragged over the poor kids head and we went off to church. All was good until the coffee hour afterwards when my Dad decided to pick her up-which caused her skirt to completely ride up.  What he didn't realize was that the only thing she was wearing was the dress.  So yeah, there was my sister, Precious No Pants, mooning the entire church.  

9 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Now I'm remembering how much I wished I had some skorts for myself the last few summers. My kid looks so cute in hers and I don't have to worry (much) about her undies showing.

I want some big-girl skorts. *pouty face*

ETA--And less leg hair. LOTS less leg hair.

LandsEnd and LLBean still sell skorts ;-)

I wore a skort the other day. Cute & comfy. I don't remember where I bought it though. Maybe Kohls last summer?

I seriously hope that baby registry is fake. I know I shouldn't but I've had a little bit of hope that Jinger and Jeremy would wait a year before getting pregnant. Not because being a young mom is a bad thing. I was 18 when I had my oldest. But just because Jinger probably never had a single moment where she was truly alone until she got married and everyone knows that there's no such thing as "me time" when you have babies. I'd love to see Jinger just spend time watching Netflix all by herself and finding a hobby. But wouldn't we all? 

I also hope that registry is fake because that is A LOT of stuff. I have three kids and never needed half of that.

I think Athleta sells skorts too but you will probably have to pay $50+ for them. I had three girls who were outside up in trees and climbing and playing allll day. They grew up in skorts. 

Actually they have some for $20 to $30. 

I bought 2 pair of stretchy adult skorts at Costco a few weeks ago. 

Skorts are available at Christopher & Banks and CJ Banks.  I refresh my collection every summer.

Bicycle shorts ALWAYS under a dress. I drill that into young ladies attending weddings. A stiff breeze or an unsteady foot can lead to huge embarrassment.  And on the dance floor later into the evening? Lots of falling down and potential for hoo-hah showing. Those bike shorts can save one's dignity. 

(I really hate doing receptions as part of my wedding planning biz. Way too old and cranky for that anymore. )

Well well well. The Vuolos break their social media silence. 

I'm surprised those Instagram names were available - unless they reserved them long ago?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived