IGNORED

Do Chat Rooms still exist?

amazing707

Do chat rooms still exist like they used too? I used to love me a good Yahoo! chat room. I even used to host name that lyric in one sometimes over the Mic. Do people still do this? lol I know Yahoo!,msn, AOL etc. don't really have chat rooms anymore.

It's been somewhere around 6 months since I've been in a chat room, however, I do know of a message board or two I'vre frequented that still have IRC chat rooms.  Social Media has sort of killed/greatly diminished them. I talk more to those folks on Facebook these days.

Yeah mostly it's facebook these days for personal stuff.  Even back when chat was more popular I never really got in to it.

However, I think businesses use them internally for communications between employees.  Especially when the employees are spread out over some distance.  My last position they had chat rooms set up for various groups and we would communicate with each other through those.  I worked from home for that job too and we were very spread out, with a couple in New York, myself in Iowa, someone in Kansas, and the manager in Oklahoma.

• 1 month later...

Discord seems to be the current popular chat room style thing.

Archived