IGNORED

Anna, Josh, and the M-Kids, Part 10: Genes and Bedsheets

choralcrusader8613

42 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Isn't there usually a sales guy with you in the car when you test drive? That's how it's always been when I'd go with my dad as he shopped for a car (I've yet to buy one of my own, but when I do I'll probably bring my dad with me to help me haggle lol)

Yeah, there usually is someone with you when you test drive a car. When I bought mine there was someone with us from the dealership that came along for the test drive. Maybe Josh was there by himself that day and had no one to watch the dealership while he helped a customer, but then that does kind of beg the question of why no one was there with him to make sure he doesn't go to any no-no websites :my_confused: :2wankers:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

According to radar Josh let someone get away with one of the cars from the used car lot: 

http://radaronline.com/videos/josh-duggar-car-stolen-from-car-dealership-gun-buy-from-thief-police-report/

He must be depressed and overwhelmed, to have forgotten to take the guy's driver's license down before letting him test drive one of his cars. A car is a big item to just lose like that. 

I bet the "employee" who bought the illegal gun was one of the twins. Whoever it was is a stone cold moron. Smuggar claims to have 50 cars on the Sialom Springs lot. I imagine many of those are Jed and Jer's roadside flips that now have a home. 

eta: Someone else was there (if not more(. That person bought the gun. But not his car, I guess, so he didn't go on the test drive.

They've always taken a copy of my license and gone with me when I've bought a car. But then, I always go to reputable dealers. Guy drives a stolen vehicle and has a gun which was used in a crime earlier, although Josh couldn't have known that. Whole thing sounds weird to me. Its RADAR, so who knows.

The last car we bought (40k+ truck at a new car dealer) they just took copies of our licenses and let my husband, myself and our daughters go for a test drive by ourselves!

I live in a small village & test drove a lot of cars before buying mine 4 years ago. Some of those places not only took a copy of my driver's licenses, I swear they ran my driving record. The local dealership, where I had my car serviced for 10 years, took my license but let me drive off alone be. Maybe cause they know me so well? I wave to their employees around town. It was weird. I asked them twice if it was ok, cause I don't know the sales people at all. Maybe they've seen me around enough.

My mother in law recently took a car home from the dealership to test drive for a whole weekend! I was shocked. I mean obviously they took a blood sample and all her information :P before she drove off the lot. But still. 

I test drove my car for 20 min and I was so scared I would do something to dent or wreck the car. There's no way I could weekend test drive a car.

I really think it depends on the dealership. There's only been a time or two when the salesman had to ride with me and other times they zeroxed my license and handed me the keys and let me go alone or take whoever was with me. 

Do you think JB has insurance on the stolen car or just thinking God will handle it? It's not like Josh has money to pay for it.

42 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Do you think JB has insurance on the stolen car or just thinking God will handle it? It's not like Josh has money to pay for it.

JB is actually smart with his money, so I would assume that he has insurance on the stolen car. 

45 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Is it horrid that my first thought (before reading the article) was that this was an insurance scam? Based on the article probably not but that was where my mind went.

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

JB is actually smart with his money, so I would assume that he has insurance on the stolen car. 

So why then do his kids trust in God instead of common sense for their deliveries!? 

JB wants to be a God figure to them forever, I guess. He didn't even want to teach them sense.

3 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

So why then do his kids trust in God instead of common sense for their deliveries!? 

JB wants to be a God figure to them forever, I guess. He didn't even want to teach them sense.

Because common sense isn't a flower that grows in every garden. JB and Michelle kept them so sheltered that what we would consider common knowledge is not for them. JB wants to keep them dependent on him and chat about leaving and cleaving. 

I live in a large metro area and we have bought new cars. When we test drove them, we left our licenses at the dealer, and the sales person drove with us on a prescribed route. About had a heart attack when I pulled into WalMart. (I wanted to see if I could really park a 12 passenger van in WalMart parking lot, ok?)

We've also purchased used cars from the same dealer. Then, we left our driver's licenses and a deposit of $100 and could keep the car for hours.

Do they even have a real car dealership anymore? I thought they sold cars on a strip of land own by Jim Bob by the highway. Why would they have another employee for that sad little strip of land? Couldn't one of the other boys sell the cars if Josh wasn't there? It isn't like they have school or a job. 

Apparently, there's a Duggar lot in Sialom Spings, which leads me to believe that they're living out there rather than at the shed guesthuose on the Compound. Smuggar is too lazy to commute 15 miles back and forth. 

Someone who is good with county records can verify this, since it's not in the usual counties in which they usually do business. 

How can some dealerships make you leave your license behind when it's illegal to drive without having your license on you? It sounds like some of you are saying you leave your actual license, not just a copy?

The last time we had a salesperson ride with us on a test drive was in 1999!  We've test driven several cars since then, and gone on our own.  I don't even remember them getting a drivers license from us....but perhaps they made a copy of dh's?  

6 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

My mother in law recently took a car home from the dealership to test drive for a whole weekend! I was shocked. I mean obviously they took a blood sample and all her information :P before she drove off the lot. But still. 

I test drove my car for 20 min and I was so scared I would do something to dent or wreck the car. There's no way I could weekend test drive a car.

Yes!  Last fall, the dealership offered to let us take a car home overnight.  But we were ready to buy, and also....it was a 90 min drive to that dealership.  No thanks!  (Dealerships in larger cities are $4-5k cheaper than in our podunk area!)

I'm in SoCal, and I've only had 2 cars, but on both occasions (different dealerships) they did a copy of our licenses and then the salesman rode in the car with us. 

11 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

How can some dealerships make you leave your license behind when it's illegal to drive without having your license on you? It sounds like some of you are saying you leave your actual license, not just a copy?

I've bought, let's see,  4 vehicles from this dealership, and they've always kept the license until we got back and decided yea or nay. It's not illegal to drive not having the license on you. You just have to go back to the precinct and provide proof that you have it, so the police might even follow you to the dealership for that.. 

It's only illegal to drive without a license if you don't actually have a license to drive.

I've bought, let's see,  4 vehicles from this dealership, and they've always kept the license until we got back and decided yea or nay. It's not illegal to drive not having the license on you. You just have to go back to the precinct and provide proof that you have it, so the police might even follow you to the dealership for that.. 
It's only illegal to drive without a license if you don't actually have a license to drive.

It's funny how rules and regulations change from state to state!

I live in Australia, on the border of two states.

Both states have different road rules which can be cause for debate. In one state it is illegal to operate a vehicle without having your licence on you, at all times. On the other side it's legal to drive without a licence on you, if you're over 25.

However, if a police officer asks for a physical copy and you don't have it on you, you have 24 hours to provide it at the nearest police station.

21 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Mr. CL works for a large dealership that sells several brands.  he gets our cars serviced there (employee discounts is parts at cost and 15% off labor), and one day they gave him a loaner while they kept his car overnight.  it was a very sporty Lexus with a dashboard loaded with high-end extras, and so new it had about 30 miles on the odometer.  i was paranoid that someone would breathe wrong on it, but he had fun showing it off to some of his friends that evening.

My dad was once in an accident while test driving a dealership car, with the salesperson in the car. Apparently he wasn't at fault (I'm not sure if that's relevant though), and when they got back to the dealership the salesperson was very nice and cheery and asked if he'd like to test drive something else. I guess dealerships have great insurance...well, at least established ones. Not sure about Duggar-owned "dealerships".

21 minutes ago, wotdancer said:

My dad was once in an accident while test driving a dealership car, with the salesperson in the car. Apparently he wasn't at fault (I'm not sure if that's relevant though), and when they got back to the dealership the salesperson was very nice and cheery and asked if he'd like to test drive something else. I guess dealerships have great insurance...well, at least established ones. Not sure about Duggar-owned "dealerships".

Or they really wanted to sell a car so it wasn't all for nothing. But I'm a pessimist like that. 

Was it a tan Sierra that went missing? (Cannot resist Fargo references.  I'm just going to put on my coat and hat and flee the interview now. ..) 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived