IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

So now they can hold hands and say "I love you"? Why can't they say I love you before that? Is it because of broken heart pieces? I mean, I hope he loves her before he asks her to marry him! 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

According to People Mag: 

“I’m so happy and so shocked. There’s so many words I want to say, but just shocked,” says Kendra. 

Joseph adds, “I was definitely nervous going into it, but I wasn’t afraid that she was going to say no, because she has said, ‘I’m just waiting on you!'” 

So Kendra really didn't know she was going to be proposed to at the wedding. 

Accoring to the Duggar official Fbpage Joy and Austin knew and gave permission. Or so someone states repeatedly in the comments, so no clue on how accurate that is. 

There's so many words I want to say but I don't actually know any words except for blessed , fellowship  and godly .

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jana and JD must've made some twin pact back in the day. That's my only guess these days as to why they haven't married. They probably saw the entire shit show their family became from marrying young and having child after child after child their parents couldn't afford, nor take care of. 

I always saw JD and Jana as the other side of the Josh coin . All three old enough to remember the time before TLC money or the laundry room breakdown. And being their  parents Gothard guinea pigs  could not have helped either . 

Looking back at the courting announcement video, Joe had packed on a few pounds this spring.  His face is visibly fuller as is his torso.  

16 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

These kids are fighting for attention

These ADULTS are fighting for attention.

14 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

These ADULTS are fighting for attention.

It's hard to see them as adults but they're married. So these adults acting like kids fighting for attention. 

Kendra just seems so excited that

Courtship = side hugs

Engagement = holding hands & I love you. 

Is she going to spell out what marriage = 

oh oh and I predict a Labor Day Wedding and a Thanksgiving pregnancy announcement cuz holidays will be their theme. 

1 minute ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

Kendra just seems so excited that

Courtship = side hugs

Engagement = holding hands & I love you. 

Is she going to spell out what marriage = 

oh oh and I predict a Labor Day Wedding and a Thanksgiving pregnancy announcement cuz holidays will be their theme. 

Is she going to spell out what marriage = FELLOWSHIP

mwhahahaha

1 minute ago, divadivine said:

Is she going to spell out what marriage = FELLOWSHIP

mwhahahaha

Oh shit you're right but it's SWEET FELLOWSHIP

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

It's hard to see them as adults but they're married. So these adults acting like kids fighting for attention. 

Not hard for me. But adults acting like children, yeah.

6 hours ago, Icea said:

@MaylukaThanks! 

Having seen the video now, I do think they look genuinely happy, but they are both extremely awkward in front of the camera, which is probably why everyhting they say sounds so stilted.

They do look genuinely happy but I keep having flashes to 'Father of the Bride' when Steve Martin sees his daughter as a 6 year old when she tells him she's getting married. The way they speak seems so young. These kids don't look old enough to be driving a car, let alone getting married. They're just babies :(

Slightly off topic: I didn't realize how strong of an accent Joe had, I feel like there's a gradient among the siblings with how strong it is.

17 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I thought I read on this site a few days ago that someone found a website domain with their names on it?  If this is true, then I wonder if they got engaged earlier but wanted to keep the buzz going, so Boob concocted this dramatic story about getting engaged at the wedding.  It certainly keeps people talking more than if they just got engaged quietly and privately. It also plays well as a storyline for their stupid show. 

Meh, Joe could have done that on his own once he knew he would be popping the question. You know, the Fundie Engagement Package(tm). Ring, cameras, and a web domain! SHE SAID YES!

I had kinda forgot about these two recently.

I was reading Joy wedding thread yesterday and then remembered Joe and Kendra would be next up to make an announcement, I continued reading the wedding thread another page or two then BAM! I read they are engaged already. I wasn't expecting it that quick. 

Proposing at a wedding is not cool at all. Even if they did ask Joy's permission before hand, it is not like a good meek sister is going to say No to her brother. Poor Joy!  Most brides wouldn't like that but in this case where this is Joy's one big moment to be in spotlight for herself away from her sisters and minding littles.

I did think they would announce it in next week or two. It makes much more sense to spread announcements out from a PR or promoting the show angle. Not two in one night. It takes away from both. I guess perhaps there will be plenty of announcements from the Duggars in coming weeks - Jill must be due soon, and Anna a little later, perhaps Jinger has an announcement too :( and hoping Joy will have a honey moon baby announcement :( in a month or two. I don't know when the show is due to start again but plenty of magazine covers lined up already.

I just don't have a problem with Joe proposing at the wedding reception, particularly if he asked his sister's permission first.  It's kind of appropriate, IMO, even.. he seems shy and retiring, and the good feelings and happiness of the day would bolster his confidence.. and, as others here have said, it's simple and it's nice and it's not a filmed free for all like some of the other engagements.

I remember Michelle once said something about being a barefoot barbecue in the backyard kind of family, and Joe seems to be the closest to that.. so it's fine for him to propose there.

46 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I remember Michelle once said something about being a barefoot barbecue in the backyard kind of family, and Joe seems to be the closest to that.. so it's fine for him to propose there.

That doesn't surprise me at all.  They're almost always barefoot wherever they go (those flip-flops they love to wear). 

Depending on how close Joe and Joy are (possibly quite close, since she was a tomboy until forced to act like a "lady"), she may have welcomed the opportunity to share her day with him.  They may have shared a lot as kids, and maybe Joy wanted to go back to that and share this entry into a new "season of life". 

I don't like wedding engagements because I don't feel they are appropriate, BUT I'm open to conceding the bride and groom may have felt differently. 

Joy has been forced to share everything with her sisters as opposed to the brothers she was naturally closer to. This way, she actually got to share her day with one of her childhood playmates. 

Or at least that's what I hope. We all know that "No" wasn't an option most likely. 

I realize I'm way behind on adding to the courtship check list buuuuut:

104: Crediting God with the size of your family, not having constant, unprotected "sweet fellowship"

Man the weddings just keep on coming. I know with so many kids close in age that it's bound to happen but jeez! We're constantly on wedding and baby watch. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Man the weddings just keep on coming. I know with so many kids close in age that it's bound to happen but jeez! We're constantly on wedding and baby watch. 

And somehow in between all these weddings, engagements, and babies, they STILL found the time to waste taxpayer money with a lawsuit! Bless their hearts! 

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

And somehow in between all these weddings, engagements, and babies, they STILL found the time to waste taxpayer money with a lawsuit! Bless their hearts! 

Seriously they must have a lot of time on their hands.

I got a new puppy on the weekend, and I was pushed for time to do anything! She's a cheeky little Labrador retriever who gets on with her older doggy sister. So, they must have a lot of time to file lawsuits!

I get a New puppy today He is a little boundle of energy  (Golden retriver) and i'm already full of things to do even just adjusting everything for him...ok they don't work and don't have hobbies but where they found all this time? 

20170528_182816.jpg

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

I get a New puppy today He is a little boundle of energy  (Golden retriver) and i'm already full of things to do even just adjusting everything for him...ok they don't work and don't have hobbies but where they found all this time?

bei cucciolotti!!! anyway when they get married??soon like joey??i don't know a lot about her family

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Cat:   "I am queen. You are peasant."

If Joe cleared the proposal with Joy and Austin and they had no problem with it, it's fine.

If he didn't clear it with them and did it anyway, it's tacky as hell. 

Even if Joy had no issue with it, idk, if I was being proposed to, I'd rather get my 'own' day/moment rather than being tacked on at the end of someone else's big day. But I say this as someone who has made it very clear to Mr LBE that I do not want a public proposal, and I want it to be just me and him (and maybe someone close and trusted who has to get me to the right place and then hides somewhere to snap us a few pictures or whatever). 

On 5/27/2017 at 0:23 PM, Carm_88 said:

And once Jordyn and Josie are old enough to court, so to will MacKynzie. So it starts a whole new cycle. :mindblowing:

Josh will have to make sure that his daughter doesn't marry a douchebag.  Hope he doesn't ask for advice from his father-in-law.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived