IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

Does the Duggars have some kind of weird rule about only one sibling being engaged at the same time? 

Jessa became engaged after Jill's wedding and now Joe and Kendra. 

Joy did announce her courtship right after Jinger's wedding as if she was waiting for her sister to get married before she could announce, but Jill announced a courtship AND an engagement while Jessa vas courting, while Joseph announed his courtship right after Joy's engagement...

It might be a way to get more viewers for the show, but I would think that spacing out the announcements would be the best way of keeping the audience interested at all times. 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

They don't know it's rude to do this at your sisters wedding

This!

And it happened at the reception and we all know that Duggar's don't give shit about wedding receptions.

They invite literally thousands of people, buy expencive dresses, the whole ceremony is staged and taped by a crew and have huge wedding parties.

After they have said their I do-s and (again literally!) run off the altar it seemes as if they don't know what to do with all the people they've invited. Standing, outdoor receptions with ice cream and the bride and groom running off to do you-know-what as soon as possible. 

For all we know this could have been the greatest Duggar-reception ever. At least something happened to entertain the guests.

They really are just lining all the kids up and kicking them off into a world they are totally unprepared for.

Agree @JabberJabber! I'm very interested in seeing how headship Joe will make a living...all they seem to show (exception of JD perhaps) is dabbling construction type projects masterminded by JB.

11 hours ago, shiverful said:

For all we know this could have been the greatest Duggar-reception ever. At least something happened to entertain the guests.

These kids are fighting for attention

Is it bad that when I saw that picture with Joe and Kendra with 'property of the Duggar family' I snorted a laugh and said 'she is now'?

The wedding marathon of the Duggar children will not stop soon, I promise. Right now there are  6 unmarried Duggar adults of age (including Joe). We will have at least one Duggar wedding each year for the next 10 years, probably.

5 hours ago, season of life said:

The Duggars:

5 kids married, 1 kid engaged, 8 grandchildren (not including Anna's fifth child)

The Bateses:

4 kids married, 1 confirmed courtship, 6 grandchildren 

Boob has so many kids to support. Wonder how he'll financially support Joe and Kendra.

Gil definitely won in the spouse selections for his daughters. Alyssa, Erin and Michael have all married men that work and support them. 

Getting engaged at someone else's wedding is beyond tacky. It is also selfish and rude. Stay classy, Duggars!

Nothing I've seen of Joe suggests that he likes the spotlight or even has much energy, so using someone else's party to propose sounds right in character. I doubt the bride and groom were bothered. These kids are used to sharing. 

1 hour ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Nothing I've seen of Joe suggests that he likes the spotlight or even has much energy, so using someone else's party to propose sounds right in character. I doubt the bride and groom were bothered. These kids are used to sharing. 

maybe in the corner of the room he just took out the ring and said here and TLC happened to be walking by. 

Unless he went and took the microphone away from someone that is my theory

28 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Looking forward to another Duggar wedding, a male one for a change:pb_lol:

It's about time for a male Duggar to be married. With Smuggar it felt like they got him married off as soon as possible to get rid of him. They felt like a sweet young bride could quell his urges (and we see how well that worked). None of his younger brothers were that much of a trouble making tool so there wasn't the incentitive to get rid of them.

Ten bucks says another courtship announcement is made this year. Anyone watching the show - keep an eye out for any unmarried Duggar who appears glued to their phone. 

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Gil definitely won in the spouse selections for his daughters. Alyssa, Erin and Michael have all married men that work and support them. 

They're all in a creepy cult. At the end of the day, do any of the married or unmarried Duggars and Bateses really win?

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

They're all in a creepy cult. At the end of the day, do any of the married or unmarried Duggars and Bateses really win?

Maybe if down the line they leave the cult...

JB cannot support them all forever. It's like a gigantic pyramid scheme! 

If JB does support his sons, how does that fit into the cults' masculinity standards? You would think the cult would look down on a man being supported by anyone but I guess they just don't care.

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Ten bucks says another courtship announcement is made this year. Anyone watching the show - keep an eye out for any unmarried Duggar who appears glued to their phone. 

Didn't the Duggars post a picof Jana on her phone? ;) 

I think the reason so many of the daughters have been married off first is that in this cult, when you get married the wife literally and figuratively belongs to the husband's family - so while marrying off one's daughters REMOVES mouths to feed, marrying one's sons just ADDS to the pile.

Exhibit: Anna Duggar, Whitney Bates.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:53 AM, Cheetah said:

Oh, well-done fries are an option?  That's my main complaint with in and out - I like the burgers but the fries seem undercooked.  What's the diff between 'animal style fries' and 'ultimate animal style fries'?  

What use is a secret menu? Do you have to memorize these items once you are lucky enough to know what they are? Weird business practice.

19 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Didn't the Duggars post a picof Jana on her phone? ;) 

It looked like an old pic, probably around February as Henry was still very small. She was talking not texting and didn't look too enthusiastic. My guess for next announcement is Josiah and possibly JD

IMG_3551.JPG

Joe engaged, Joy married, Jana still in the tinker toy house doing whatever it is she does. This is weird as hell. The other older unmarried stay at home daughters in other families don't have a slew of younger siblings, way younger siblings even, getting married before they do.

I know what Jana has said, blah blah. But to fly in the face of this culture's requirements to marry early and reproduce often just seems off. Just my .02.

16 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I think the reason so many of the daughters have been married off first is that in this cult, when you get married the wife literally and figuratively belongs to the husband's family - so while marrying off one's daughters REMOVES mouths to feed, marrying one's sons just ADDS to the pile.

Exhibit: Anna Duggar, Whitney Bates.

Zach Bates has a job though, I'm pretty sure he and Whitney are self supporting.

I'm sorry, but if someone pulled that crap at my wedding, they'd get the cake slicer plunged into their head. For 23 years nothing has ever been soley about me, not even my birthday which I have to share. So if someone had the audacity to upstage me at the one event that I would feel special, it wouldn't end well. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived