IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

So I tried the squinting adoration thing on  Mr MIO. My inner villain is chortling right now - I've never seen him so unnerved.

On being asked if he wouldn't enjoy what he calls 'big eyes' ALL the time to show the world he's loved, his response was instant: "What?! (Roughly 2-3 octaves ascending) no WAY that's weird and embarrassing".

...I'm crazy about that man! :)

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

And I hope this doesn't come off mean, but her face has this puffyness to it, like she is on steroids (its called moon face) 

Her facial features might harden (get edgier? getting more expressive? What is the right term?) in the next five years or so. I wish I could get my softer 22year old wedding face back.

Sadly but true the first big down fall came with 25 (skin, hair, weight/ body structure). And now with thirty I am observing the next. But this time I am more relaxed about it and feel actually pretty good, so it's fine. The only thing I worry about is getting pregnant now. Sadly Mother Nature hasn't gotten the memo yet that 30 is the new 20.

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Her facial features might harden (get edgier? getting more expressive? What is the right term?) in the next five years or so. I wish I could get my softer 22year old wedding face back.

Sadly but true the first big down fall came with 25 (skin, hair, weight/ body structure). And now with thirty I am observing the next. But this time I am more relaxed about it and feel actually pretty good, so it's fine. The only thing I worry about is getting pregnant now. Sadly Mother Nature hasn't gotten the memo yet that 30 is the new 20.

Kendra is indeed very round-faced! I'd have guessed her sister is older than her from pics of their family, and if i didn't know better I'd put her at no older than 16. Maybe by the time she hits 22-23 her features will have matured a bit and she'll look less squirrel-y. Anna also looked extremely young in the face when she got engaged but blossomed completely once she had Mackynzie and Mikey.  

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Kendra is indeed very round-faced! I'd have guessed her sister is older than her from pics of their family, and if i didn't know better I'd put her at no older than 16. Maybe by the time she hits 22-23 her features will have matured a bit and she'll look less squirrel-y. Anna also looked extremely young in the face when she got engaged but blossomed completely once she had Mackynzie and Mikey.  

Well most people don't loose the baby fat in their face until their early twenties, some even late than that. So, for her at 18, being round-faced is still very normal. I would have guessed she is 18 or 19. I don't know why but other features in her face make her look older,  her round face makes her look younger, it evens out a bit. I have to admit: I get a good vibe from them. They seem to be a good match.

Any guesses on when the wedding is going to take place? November 2017, would be my guess. Joy's wedding will be well over by the time they start planning for Joe's wedding, just like Jill 's and Jessa's wedding were.  In Duggar world Joe is at a good age to get married: Jill was 23, Jessa 21, Jinger 22, Joy will be 19, Josh was 20, Joeseph will be 22. If you look at the Bates and the Duggars, 21 and 22 seem to be the prime ages to get married.

46 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Fellow round face here, along with squinty eyes that completely disappeared when I smiled at age nineteen! I've actually been really happy with the changes my twenties brought to my face--I actually have cheekbones now! And eyeballs!

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Fellow round face here, along with squinty eyes that completely disappeared when I smiled at age nineteen! I've actually been really happy with the changes my twenties brought to my face--I actually have cheekbones now! And eyeballs!

I had it too. My cheeks were quite chunky in my younger years and I was constantly being mistaken for much younger than I was. Time has changed that, I'm sure it will for Kendra too. 

I have fat cheeks too. It has always bothered me. :pb_lol: It does make me look younger than my age now, though. I was always a tall kid so growing up I was assumed to be much older than I really was, but it switched now that I'm an adult.

Another thing that can cause puffy cheeks is bulimia. I'm not suggesting that Kendra has it, and I don't have it either, but I've known women who struggled with having a puffy face because of it.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I had it too. My cheeks were quite chunky in my younger years and I was constantly being mistaken for much younger than I was. Time has changed that, I'm sure it will for Kendra too. 

I'm 34 and have a very round face, partly due to bone structure, and partly due to being overweight. I'm consistently mistaken for being in my mid-20's, and sometimes it feels like it impacts me professionally. I'm finishing up my PhD (1 more week to go!), and have informally been on the job market for the past year. Any time I share my CV with someone new, they are shocked to see that I finished undergrad in 2004, earned my master's in 2006, and have 7 years of work experience before starting my PhD. When I try to network at conferences, faculty members are always eager to introduce me to their 22 year old med students, rather than their medical residents and postdocs who are closer to my age.

Hahaha I'm 30 next year. Weigh 46kg..and I still look 16 with this round face.. Haha hate the round face.. But it sure ain't going anywhere. No bulimia.. Couldn't throw up to save my life

Daughter is 21, looks 13, yep round face and very petite.  I keep trying to convince her she'll love it when she's older.

6 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

they are REALLY trying to lock down an audience for June 12, aren't they??

Quick, we need to announce a courtship by mid-season?? Who's gonna take one for the team?

5 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Oh dear God. I was wondering which Duggar would be the first to pull this shit. But I'm sure they all thought it was "soooo sweet and special!" (And if not, off to the prayer closet!) Can't wait to find out if he popped the question before or after the various spouses grabbed their wives and dragged them into the aisle to suck face as the bride and groom ran out of the church.

oh wow..... man she's still 18

i really hope they have a long ass engagement but who am i kidding it's the duggars

11 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

FRICKIN HECK

I just - I can't -

Never would've expected this move from Joseph. One of the other Duggars, sure, but not Joseph. I would've thought he'd be a couple months out, at least!!!! geez!

Mass exodus from the Duggar home, it seems...

I was just thinking that Joseph and Kendra would probably get married around September, and then I saw this. I'm still calling a September wedding!

On a totally superficial note, I love Kendra's dress. Great colour, and she looks fantastic. But everything else about this situation is gross.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I was just thinking that Joseph and Kendra would probably get married around September, and then I saw this. I'm still calling a September wedding!

On a totally superficial note, I love Kendra's dress. Great colour, and she looks fantastic. But everything else about this situation is gross.

It might be the bridesmaid dress. I'm not sure, but it looks like it sort of matches Joe's groomsman outfit. 

Josiah for a mid-season announcement and Jana at the end. ;) 

I figured Joesph would get engaged, but that was still a dick move to propose at his sister's wedding reception. I'm also guessing they'll have a September wedding.

Is it bad that the best thing about this (in my mind) is that there's still no mention on Pickles? [emoji23][emoji23]

My money is in a Birthday wedding in August.

Congrats to Joe for being the first son to not have a broken courtship. Please don't get married on Kendra's 19th birthday.

Dear Joe, 

I know I had said that I enjoy surprises but I didn't mean that you should get engaged.  Instead I meant that you and your siblings should leave the cult compound and learn new things.  You should surprise us all by telling everyone this is a joke.  Or maybe take your fiance and leave.  Maybe let her grow up a bit more.  Even your sister got to 19 before marriage.  Either way, good luck.  

Sincerely, disappointed pasta. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived