IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Looking Forward to Side Hugs

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nst said:

good news is that all the legals will be either married or engaged.  Show will be over soon :D 

the thing about 19 kids is that every year, they get older.....don't forget the boy-twins are legal as well, though both seem childish still to me. the duggars are only 6 down, 13 to go...

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Well, I guess they can side hug now. /sarcasm

Hand sex! Never mind the hugging! :laughing-rolling:

Joy got married over the Memorial Day weekend. The timing is now primed for Joe to get married over Labor Day weekend.

7 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Joy got married over the Memorial Day weekend. The timing is now primed for Joe to get married over Labor Day weekend.

and by that time both Jessa and Jinger will be pregnant 

35 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Congrats to Joe for being the first son to not have a broken courtship. Please don't get married on Kendra's 19th birthday.

Except for Josh, of course.

12 minutes ago, nst said:

and by that time both Jessa and Jinger will be pregnant 

Jessa, Jinger AND Joy (plus Anna will probably still be jestating). Joy will have her revenge by announcing her pregnancy at JoKen's wedding.

I'm really disappointed with the Duggar men's proposals to their future helpmeets thus far. Where's the creativity, the effort, the romance? C'mon guys, you have reality TV $$$ and a show to make, do something worth watching.

Then again, aside from snark viewing, there's rarely anything worth watching with these people.

Just now, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm really disappointed with the Duggar men's proposals to their future helpmeets thus far. Where's the creativity, the effort, the romance? C'mon guys, you have reality TV $$$ and a show to make, do something special.

the duggar men were never original and Joe was never open.  He made fun of Ben numerous times when he was courting his sister.  I have no respect for Joe never did and this cemented it even further. original is not a duggar man.  

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Except for Josh, of course.

Rumor has it that he was engaged before Anna.

I think it will be August either on or around her birthday 

I actually hate the elaborate proposals, and being proposed to that way is my idea of a nightmare. Personally I'd want a nice, simple, PRIVATE proposal. But proposing to your girlfriend at your sister's wedding is even worse than all the made-for-tv charades that the Duggar/Bates guys herd their girlfriends through.

If her birthday is the 31st of August it could be a Thursday wedding or they could go Friday September 1st which other posters pointed out is Labor Day Weekend. Who knows she could marry before her birthday but I don't think she will.

Is her birthday August 31st? If so I'll actually share a birthday with a (soon-to-be) Duggar. Knew it was only a matter of time.

55 minutes ago, nst said:

good news is that all the legals will be either married or engaged.  Show will be over soon :D 

You seem to be forgetting quite a few: Jana, John-David, Josiah, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah.

Just now, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I believe Kendra's Aug 11

Yes, her birthday is the 11th.

2 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I believe Kendra's Aug 11

If it is then it could be that date since it's a Friday 

I figured it would be an engagement on her birthday but since it's now happened I see a wedding instead.

Yes, in the real world it's totally rude. But I think Joe is, like probably lots of 'aw shucks' guys, totally oblivious to that sort of thing. I think it was harmless and probably sweet.

But annoying alert - TLC is going to dramatize the shit out of the wedding and SURPRISE/SHOCKER/WHOWOULDASEENITCOMING proposal.

The Duggars:

5 kids married, 1 kid engaged, 8 grandchildren (not including Anna's fifth child)

The Bateses:

4 kids married, 1 confirmed courtship, 6 grandchildren 

Boob has so many kids to support. Wonder how he'll financially support Joe and Kendra.

Ahead of their wedding, Joy and Austin graciously gave Joseph permission to pop the question at their reception. (From the TLC article. Sorry, my phone won't let me quote it)

At least Joy and Austin weren't blindsided by the engagement. I still think it's tacky as hell, but the very least he got their permission. Or so they say. 

My money is also for a September wedding. Maybe not Labor Day, but September for sure. That will give them 3-ish months to plan. Right on Duggar schedule. 

People mag gets 2 articles for the price of 1.

Already Joy's wedding news is old and we are talking more about the new couple.

I hope this is because Joy does not want the focus on her.

Like, 'yes Dad you can have the big wedding but I want to be left alone after that'.

Jim Bob then strongly encourages Joe to propose to take the focus off Joy.

Or it could just be a dick move by her brother.

As much as I don't like Josh I actually think, bearing in mind it was before the show really took off, that his proposal was quite sweet. He did want to surprise her and it did get rained off a bit but there was no massive build up where what was going to happen was obvious for hours ahead (bless you Ben but I'm pretty sure Jessa was ready to see you quite a bit earlier). He'd just planned it so they then celebrated with her parents and she wasn't immediately swamped by his family and then they had the 'hand sex' road trip with two of her sisters. That's where I think Jeremy had it right as well, nowhere near the horde so a few of them could go out and celebrate afterwards.

Joe, middle of probably about 1000 guests at someone else's wedding. Well, I'm sure she was surprised, because who expects a proposal at a wedding!?

According to People Mag: 

“I’m so happy and so shocked. There’s so many words I want to say, but just shocked,” says Kendra. 

Joseph adds, “I was definitely nervous going into it, but I wasn’t afraid that she was going to say no, because she has said, ‘I’m just waiting on you!'” 

So Kendra really didn't know she was going to be proposed to at the wedding. 

Accoring to the Duggar official Fbpage Joy and Austin knew and gave permission. Or so someone states repeatedly in the comments, so no clue on how accurate that is. 

Apparently Joe first met Kendra at the Forsyth's house. Pretty sure that's still too tenuous a link to propose at their flipping wedding.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived