IGNORED

JinJer: When Shorts Attack!

Destiny

5 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I don't want to brag of course, but I'm homeschooling my cats.  They stay home all day, also I keep books in the house that they can get to, and since this counts for homeschooling human children in Rodriguii and Naugler-land, I will have to assume it counts for them as well!

We're un-schooling, of course, so they do not have a set curriculum.  Mostly they just study what interests them in a manner that interests them.  We tried more standardized schooling with the dog, and it didn't take, so we're hoping the cats do better on this method!

I am fully expecting them to graduate early.  Will they continue on to college?  Possibly.  There was a cat who was admitted to an Ivy League school a while back because someone checked the "Legacy" box on his application.  

Our rabbit is homeschooled as well. He devours anything on paper. Literally. Cause rabbits will eat paper. :pb_lol:

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dog has been kicked out of three different schools... obviously he is just acting out because his IQ is so high he is above learning how to sit and stay. He is too advanced for those other little puppers. He is so advanced he got to have a one-on-one session with the BFF of Cesar Milan to learn his intense, advanced curriculum for special pups. 

anddddd I wish I was kidding. I'm not. The Tasmanian devil and satan mated and created a gray, fluffy creature and disguised him as a schnauzer. 

I have a niece who is a first year in college (frosh? freshperson? freshperoffspring?) and is majoring in two very difficult majors.  One of the majors demands 26 hours a day and the other probably does, too, as well as being undeniably tough academically.  My mother-in-law was just over the moon about how great this is, but I think my niece is headed for a fall.

What's worse is that my niece has an older brother who was adopted.  He was never praised like that.  I don't remember hearing it from his parents and definitely not from his grandmother.  The other grandchild hung the moon as far as she is concerned.  The boy is on probation for a drug offense.  I wonder if his parents treating his sister like the golden child made him more likely to abuse drugs.

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Danie might not be DGayle, but there is no way her story happened. Making up a fake life with a child who does quantum mechanics and where the California public school system doesn't behave like it would in real life, isn't against the rules which is why she is still posting like this thread never happened. But people should keep in mind that her stories tend to not add up when looked up too closely. 

I get people change details to maintain privacy, but that doesn't seem to be what is going on with her stories. 

For me a red flag goes off anytime a person starts mentioning their super genius child. IME most people making up lives don't create an average child who does nothing out of the ordinary. Didn't MalteseBaby have a genius child along with her expensive fish? 

I had my doubts about Dani when I got into a discussion about homeschooling, with a focus on CA, where she supposedly lived. She started spouting out "requirements" that I was able to refute with a simple google search (I'm in education, but at the community college level). She backed off, like, quickly. 

54 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Genius cats are sooo hard. Praying for your strength to continue through this trying trial/this season of life! 

I take solace in the fact that my cats are boringly average. :D

I think my youngest cat has ADHD or perhaps, she's just a cat that likes shiny thing. No one takes me seriously, I and my cats are just too misunderstood. 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think my youngest cat has ADHD or perhaps, she's just a cat that likes shiny thing. No one takes me seriously, I and my cats are just too misunderstood. 

Don't worry, @Carm_88there's an essential oil for that. put it on the cats paws to focus. 

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well MY kid was programming computers in the womb, and I just don't know what to do with her!!!!!! She is too smart for life. Please help. I'll find flaws in all of your advice, though. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

My kid really did get an A on her last social studies test.  Does that count?

On 3/21/2017 at 1:08 PM, sawasdee said:

Going back a few pages to the NI drift - Martin McGuinness died today. He was a leading member of Sinn Fein, and, most believed, of the PIRA.

I have friends staying, and the husband is ex British Army and did 3 tours in NI. He had nothing but hate to express, which I found sad - I did not agree with McGuinness on many things, but in recent years he did seem to at least try with the peace process.

Bit like bolting the gate after the horse has run out, eh?. He murdered people. Too little too late for the peace then.

", and have never felt so scared and vulnerable as watching the triumphalist Orange marches. This was in the mid nineties, so I am willing to believe that things have changed - but then, they were meant to be intimidatory."

I wonder how the bombing victims felt during the IRA's attacks, the children who were killed, especially.

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I didn't mean higher level courses, but I think it's important that you at least take the basics.  Higher maths may not be important, but if you're missing basic logic skills (which is why most universities allow coding or logic courses to fulfill the math requirement), that's sort of a red flag.

Going back to academics quickly, I wholeheartedly agree.  I always try explaining to people that math classes are important because they teach logic, problem solving, and abstract thinking, especially in math courses outside the normal sequence (like number theory).  Then they think that I'm just saying that because I'm very much a STEM person.  

However, a well-rounded education is also incredibly important.  I went to a Jesuit university for my undergrad and I really grew to appreciate the wide variety of core classes I had to take in addition to the classes for my majors.  Some of my discussion and writing-oriented classes definitely kicked my butt (as did a lot of my major classes) but I learned a ton about things that I never thought I would 

34 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think my youngest cat has ADHD or perhaps, she's just a cat that likes shiny thing

Don't worry it's not ADHD it's Aspergers.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/108391.All_Cats_Have_Asperger_Syndrome

My eldest actually does have aspergers and this was a book that was in his pre-school library. I love this book.

My sister and I were discussing this sort of thing the other day. My husband has friends who is rather good at IT and all that sort of stuff and his wife has all sorts of degrees and their two sons are studding something like astrophysics or some such at school.  Another set of friends has one daughter doing law and another just started a uni course doing some medical thing. Anyway I was saying to my sister it's great when we all get together and they start on with what their kids are up to and I am over there like well my son masturbates and plays the computer*.  Whilst I love that their kids are achieving in life it does get a little tiresome at times hearing just how wonderful they are.

(*I love my son dearly and he is of average intelligence. I am in no way ashamed of him or find him lacking in any way)

When we got into the child years with friends and then ourselves, I told my husband..."The big secret is that everyone loves their OWN children the best". I mean, really, I found bragging about one's children very unattractive. I would share accomplishments with family and very good friends. And people are just nutty about it. Haha. 

@Carm_88...I have a pet rock - Rocky - who is also very misunderstood. I try to get her to interact but she just sits there. I fear she might have a severe case of selective mutism. Needless to say she doesn't have any friends 

Everyone thinks that I'm crazy but I know she's suffering inside. 

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

My dog has been kicked out of three different schools... obviously he is just acting out because his IQ is so high he is above learning how to sit and stay. He is too advanced for those other little puppers. He is so advanced he got to have a one-on-one session with the BFF of Cesar Milan to learn his intense, advanced curriculum for special pups. 

anddddd I wish I was kidding. I'm not. The Tasmanian devil and satan mated and created a gray, fluffy creature and disguised him as a schnauzer. 

Just don't let people push you into medicating the little dear. He's just misunderstood. 

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I don't want to brag of course, but I'm homeschooling my cats.  They stay home all day, also I keep books in the house that they can get to, and since this counts for homeschooling human children in Rodriguii and Naugler-land, I will have to assume it counts for them as well!

We're un-schooling, of course, so they do not have a set curriculum.  Mostly they just study what interests them in a manner that interests them.  We tried more standardized schooling with the dog, and it didn't take, so we're hoping the cats do better on this method!

I am fully expecting them to graduate early.  Will they continue on to college?  Possibly.  There was a cat who was admitted to an Ivy League school a while back because someone checked the "Legacy" box on his application.  

We should get our cats together for a play date. I can't have Sonny associating with any normal, worldly cats. 

35 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

@Carm_88...I have a pet rock - Rocky - who is also very misunderstood. I try to get her to interact but she just sits there. I fear she might have a severe case of selective mutism. Needless to say she doesn't have any friends 

Everyone thinks that I'm crazy but I know she's suffering inside. 

It sounds to me like Rocky is suffering from Satan building a rock fortress in her heart and her silence is her sinful guilty.... 

17 minutes ago, send*the*ferrets said:

Just don't let people push you into medicating the little dear. He's just misunderstood. 

He has a bottle of doggy xanax but luckily we have a very understanding vet that comes to our home and a groomer that doesn't mind the gray tornado in a muzzle that comes sprinting in trying to eat everyone, so he hasn't ever taken it. If he ever has to travel with me again, I may give it to him because little dude has horrendous motion sickness in the car. 

I really do diffuse lavender essential oils by his crate when I'm not home, but I think we need extra strength ;) 

Thank you all for your concern. I don't want to medicate her but I'm running out of options. She won't speak to her therapist and she can't absorb essential oils. 

She'd always been quiet but her condition intensified after she was body-shamed by some pebbles in the school yard. They called her a 'large mass' and teased her for not having as smooth a surface as them (pebbles are little assholes y'all) 

I will be praying that my Dear Rocky be less still and that she places her self-worth in the Almighty Rock instead of in worldly conglomerations. 

And pray for me y;all. I'm a young, single rock guardian. I guess that's what I get for not staying in the kitchen like proper young ladies should. 

Okay, things have been SO PAINFULLY QUIET in Vuoloville. I'm surprised they haven't been doing any public ministry activities. A short video of JinJer volunteering at a soup kitchen or hosting a charity event at the church would get some good publicity. Plus, you know, it would actually be Christ-like. :)

I hope we never hear from or see them on TV or in a magazine again-

Not missing them one bit.

As it should be.

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I happen to know that both my grandsons are geniuses. The fact that no one else has recognised it is irrelevant. :wink-kitty:

How has no one else recognised it yet? Surely it's a well known fact that all grandchildren are geniuses. 

2 hours ago, Casserole said:

I ❤️ Schnauzers!

My cats are not home schooled (although I do work from home), but they do school me regularly.

My pet rock is being unschooled. He's very bright. I'm so proud. We're thinking he'd be better at Yale than Harvard. 

Actually i had a dog that benefitted greatly from Prozac. She had a lot of anxiety and was a little snappy to most anyone other than me. When we were planning to have kids, i discussed with my vet how to make her successful with a big change.  She was like a different dog after and we were able to make some positive behavioral changes.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived