IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

On 12/14/2018 at 10:32 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

"George Conway calls Trump a liar on Twitter after Kellyanne Conway defends him on TV"

Hide contents

The sharply divergent views that White House counselor Kellyanne Conway and her husband hold of President Trump played out in public again on Thursday night, with George Conway calling Trump a liar on Twitter after his wife defended him on television.

Kellyanne Conway sparred with host Chris Cuomo during an extended segment on CNN in which she steadfastly insisted that Trump had not directed his former lawyer Michael Cohen to break the law by buying the silence of two women who say they had sexual relationships with him.

In the segment, during which Cuomo and Conway repeatedly interrupted one another, Conway sought to downplay the significance of a tape recording that suggests Trump was aware of a payment being made to former Playboy model Karen McDougal.

She also sought to explain away Trump’s comment to reporters on Air Force One in April that he was unaware of a payment to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels.

George Conway apparently didn’t come away convinced of the president’s truthfulness.

“Given that Trump has repeatedly lied about the Daniels and McDougal payments—and given that he lies about virtually everything else, to the point that his own former personal lawyer described him as a “f****ing liar”— why should we take his word over that of federal prosecutors?” Conway, a lawyer, wrote on Twitter.

The former personal lawyer to which Conway was referring is John Dowd, who was quoted in Bob Woodward’s book “Fear” questioning Trump’s credibility in colorful fashion. Dowd has disputed the account.

George Conway, who has become a regular critic of his wife’s boss, also weighed in with an op-ed in The Washington Post that published online Friday morning. The headline: “Trump’s claim that he didn’t violate campaign finance law is weak — and dangerous.”

In the piece, which Conway wrote with two other lawyers, he argues that a federal campaign-finance case against Trump would be much stronger than the one brought in 2011 against John Edwards. Edwards, a former senator from North Carolina, was put on trial related to a payment by his supporters to a woman with whom he had an extramarital sexual relationship.

George Conway was back on Twitter on Friday morning, reacting to an interview of Cohen on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

During the interview, Cohen told host George Stephanopoulos that his past loyalty to Trump had been a mistake.

“I gave loyalty to someone who, truthfully, does not deserve loyalty,” Cohen said.

“Truer words were never spoken,” George Conway said in response.

At first glace I thought SmellyAnn Conway was defending her husband.  Sadly no.

• Upvote 2

I’m beginning to think this had to be a parody account. It’s either that or He’s married to Kellyanne in name only. 

Or, wild conspiracy theory, Kellyanne is a Mueller informant, spying in the WH.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I’m beginning to think this had to be a parody account. It’s either that or He’s married to Kellyanne in name only. 

Or, wild conspiracy theory, Kellyanne is a Mueller informant, spying in the WH.

I don't see a blue check by his name, so who knows.  You'd think if this was a fake account, somebody would have outed him or something. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, onekidanddone said:

I don't see a blue check by his name, so who knows.  You'd think if this was a fake account, somebody would have outed him or something. 

If it was fake, he or Kellyanne would have said something by now. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Here's Kellyanne channelling her inner JRod. Looks like she's got some green eyeliner going there too.

For a pro-lifer though, this is just plain... weird.

“I always love to say to those gender studies people, if you say ‘abortion’ or ‘stem cells’ or ‘guns’ one more time, I’m going to perform one of those on you because, you know, with a gun, because you, by implication, are suggesting that women can’t do the math,” she said at the time.

• Confused 1
  • WTF 4

10 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Here's Kellyanne channelling her inner JRod. Looks like she's got some green eyeliner going there too.

For a pro-lifer though, this is just plain... weird.

“I always love to say to those gender studies people, if you say ‘abortion’ or ‘stem cells’ or ‘guns’ one more time, I’m going to perform one of those on you because, you know, with a gun, because you, by implication, are suggesting that women can’t do the math,” she said at the time.

Can't do the math? Huh???

• Upvote 1

"Kellyanne Conway says she was assaulted while dining out. A 63-year-old woman has been charged in the case."

Spoiler

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said in a recent interview with CNN that she was physically assaulted in October at a Mexican restaurant in Maryland. A woman has been charged in the case, CNN reported.

Conway said that she was at dinner with her teenage daughter and her daughter’s friends at an Uncle Julio’s in Bethesda when a woman approached her from behind, grabbed her arms and shook her so hard that “I thought maybe somebody was hugging me.”

Conway told that she quickly realized “it felt like it was a little aggressive.”

“I turned around and the woman had grabbed my hands,” Conway added. “She was just unhinged. She was out of control. I don’t even know how to explain her to you. She was just, her whole face was terror and anger. She was right here, and my daughter was right there. And she ought to pay for that . . . because she has no right to touch anybody.”

Conway could not immediately be reached Friday by The Washington Post.

CNN reported that police said the woman is a 63-year-old Maryland resident.

According to CNN:

Conway said she called 911, though the woman had left before local police arrived. After an investigation, Mary Elizabeth Inabinett was charged in November with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct. A trial is set for March in Maryland state court.

Inabinett's lawyer, William Alden McDaniel Jr., disputed Conway's story and the assault allegations, and said his client would plead not guilty in court next month.

“Ms. Inabinett saw Kellyanne Conway, a public figure, in a public place, and exercised her First Amendment right to express her personal opinions. She did not assault Ms. Conway. The facts at trial will show this to be true, and show Ms. Conway’s account to be false,” McDaniel said in a statement.

Conway has reported being heckled in the past, not long after she moved to Washington.

The recent incident allegedly occurred in Montgomery County, where Hillary Clinton captured nearly 75 percent of the votes in 2016. Fewer than 20 percent of ballots were cast for Trump in the county.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

42 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The facts at trial will show this to be true, and show Ms. Conway’s account to be false,”

Much as I loathe Trumpsters such as Kellyanne, they and their families should be left to eat their meals in peace.  I only say this because someday I might be at a nearby table and this sort of thing would give me acid indigestion.  And facts are no longer relevant in this administration, so good luck with that. 

• I Agree 4

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said in a recent interview with CNN that she was physically assaulted in October at a Mexican restaurant in Maryland.

OK, Imma say it just ONCE for people in this dumpster-fire administration: DON'T EAT OUT AT MEXICAN FOOD RESTAURANTS.  As Kirstjen Nielson can tell you, bad things will happen.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

OK, Imma say it just ONCE for people in this dumpster-fire administration: DON'T EAT OUT AT MEXICAN FOOD RESTAURANTS.  As Kirstjen Nielson can tell you, bad things will happen.  

You'd think she'd do Uber-Eats, Grub-Hub, or Door Dash. And place the order under someone else's name.

• Upvote 3

Also especially Uncle Julios (It's my favorite DMV restaurant especially cause they have tableside guac but this is beside the point lol) I agree that the grabbing shouldn't have happened but definitely the yelling. They shouldn't feel comfortable for all that they(the administration) did.

Edited by candygirl200413
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also especially Uncle Julios (It's my favorite DMV restaurant especially cause they have tableside guac but this is beside the point lol) I agree that the grabbing shouldn't have happened but definitely the yelling. They shouldn't feel comfortable for all that they(the administration) did.

A little bit out of my way but perhaps I should try going there. I’ll keep my hands to myself but so help my Rufus I’d have some fun chanting ‘Lock her up’. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, Howl said:

Kellyanne it hurts me when you come home with spray tan on your breath. 

• Disgust 1
  • Haha 5

If Kellyanne talks in an empty room do her lies make any sound?

• Haha 11

• 3 weeks later...

How do these two stay married? Is it some kind of a long con? Hey you'll be a Trump sycophants  and I will talk smack about him so never mind which side wins we can pretend to be the good guys

• Upvote 6

K-con was just on Chris Cuomo. I swear one more minute of her bullshit and I was going to lose it. She makes me want to stab her in the eye with a fork.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 3/10/2019 at 5:49 AM, AmazonGrace said:

How do these two stay married? Is it some kind of a long con? Hey you'll be a Trump sycophants  and I will talk smack about him so never mind which side wins we can pretend to be the good guys

Question of the century.  Today George tweeted out readable images of the pages from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5) for Malignant Narcissism.  So yeah.  

People trying to parse the George/Kellyann relationship fall generally into two camps. 

First, George/Kellyann Conjobs camp. The Conjobs are playing out the roles of Never Trumper and MAGA Humper to cover all the bases in a Post-Trump World; they'll co-write the book and go on the talk show circuit.  

Second:  WTAF? camp. 

But anything could be true in the current political climate and here's my Venn Diagram. 

There's something about Kellyann that rings true believer, the same as Sarah Sanders, in that it's worth the insane level of cognitive dissonance to achieve a world with a total ban on abortion + stacked Supreme Court + stacked Federal bench, other reich wing wet dreams, so her servitude in the Trump admin is means to an end.  Meanwhile, George is on board with those ends, and is on midnight ride warning all about how awful Trump is, and, by extension, the sacrifices that Kellyann is making. 

Here's an alternate scenario: 

and this

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

"Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband’s concerns that Trump’s mental health is deteriorating"

Spoiler

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Monday dismissed concerns publicly voiced by her husband, lawyer George Conway, that President Trump’s mental condition is deteriorating and should be of concern to his Cabinet.

George Conway has been a persistent conservative critic of Trump’s policies and actions, frequently taking to Twitter to question whether the president is operating within the Constitution and other accepted boundaries. But Conway’s criticism recently has become more personal, as he questions the president’s mental health and psychological state.

That included a series of tweets Monday that included images from the American Psychiatric Association’s “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.” In addition to the manual’s cover, Conway highlighted pages that include diagnostic criteria for “narcissistic personality disorder” and “antisocial personality disorder.”

His tweets followed a weekend in which Trump took to Twitter several dozen times, airing grievances related to “Saturday Night Live,” decisions made by Fox News executives, the Russia investigation and John McCain, the late Republican senator from Arizona.

Last week, Conway wrote on Twitter, “Whether or not impeachment is in order, a serious inquiry needs to be made about this man’s condition of mind.”

On Sunday night, he wrote: “His condition is getting worse.”

And Monday, Conway said that “*all* Americans should be thinking seriously *now* about Trump’s mental condition and psychological state, including and especially the media, Congress — and the Vice President and Cabinet.”

Presented with her husband’s concerns Monday, Kellyanne Conway dismissed them.

“No, I don’t share those concerns,” she said, speaking to reporters on the White House driveway after having done an interview with Fox News from the North Lawn.

“I have four kids and I was getting them out of the house this morning to talk to the president about substance, so I may not be up to speed on all of them,” Kellyanne Conway said, referring to her husband’s tweets.

The Conways, who have been married since 2001, have publicly positioned themselves on opposite sides of issues related to the president with increasing frequency.

While Kellyanne Conway often appears on camera to defend Trump, George Conway delivers his criticism through op-eds and social media.

He, for example, has argued against Trump’s assertion that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation was “unconstitutional” and that Trump exceeded his powers last year by installing Matthew G. Whitaker as acting attorney general without consent of the Senate.

George Conway has also publicly accused Trump of lying about payments made to former Playboy model Karen McDougal and adult-film star Stormy Daniels to buy their silence for alleged affairs.

And sometimes Conway has needled Trump for more mundane matters, such as his misspelling of “hamburgers” as “hamberders” in a tweet after a visit to the White House by the Clemson Tigers football team in January.

After Burger King poked fun at the president for his mistake, George Conway wrote in a searing tweet: “Think of how much of a laughingstock a president has to become to have *Burger King* make fun of him. Sad.”

That prompted this reply on Twitter from Brad Parscale, manager of Trump’s reelection campaign: “Think how bad of a husband you have to be to act this way.”

Trump so far has been more restrained in his criticism.

He did, however, refer to George Conway as “Mr. Kellyanne Conway” in an exchange with reporters in November after Conway questioned Whitaker’s appointment.

“He’s just trying to get publicity for himself,” Trump said. “Why don’t you do this, why don’t you ask Kellyanne that question, all right? She might know him better than me. I really don’t know the guy.”

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic